Discussion: Podcasts

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 26 Jun - 22:48

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Colin Trevorrow was a guest on the most recent episode of Mtv's Happy San Confused podcast (which Daisy also did a while back). A few things he said that were worth noting:

* He took his 5-year-old daughter to see Wonder Woman, and talked about what a huge deal that was for her, and how important it was for her to see a female hero like that. (Possible damage control, given some of his publicity?)
* Talked a bit about how as someone in a privileged position, he has a responsibility to help others who aren't in that position help get their feet in the door and elevate them up.
* Mentioned thing that was posted in the CT/spoilers thread about how Colin asked Rian to "shoot this one little thing" to set something up for IX.
* There's a script for IX, but they're still working on it. It's a process, etc.

Overall, it was a lot of CT saying the "right" thing to the various questions. He came across as fairly self-aware and not as tone-deaf as some of the BoH reviews have made him out to be (or as "Home Base" made him out to be). That doesn't mean that I'm feeling great about IX, but I don't think he's an idiot, either.

@ISeeAnIsland

Both the Wonder Woman thing and the script-in-progress thing make me feel better about CT Smile  I wonder who helps edit drafts of the script.
@Cowgirlsamurai Correct me if I'm dead wrong, but don't Rian and Kasdan have a hand in this? And then it has to jive with KK and story group.
@MeadowofAshes

Colin Trevorrow and his writing partner Derek Connolly are writing the script for Ep IX. Rian Johnson already confirmed on Twitter that he's not involved. He said the report of him writing the treatment was incorrect. All that said, I'm sure Kathy Kennedy and Lucasfilm/Disney won't hesitate to bring in others to polish the script up if they feel it's needed.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 26 Jun - 22:57

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Colin Trevorrow was a guest on the most recent episode of Mtv's Happy San Confused podcast (which Daisy also did a while back). A few things he said that were worth noting:

* He took his 5-year-old daughter to see Wonder Woman, and talked about what a huge deal that was for her, and how important it was for her to see a female hero like that. (Possible damage control, given some of his publicity?)
* Talked a bit about how as someone in a privileged position, he has a responsibility to help others who aren't in that position help get their feet in the door and elevate them up.
* Mentioned thing that was posted in the CT/spoilers thread about how Colin asked Rian to "shoot this one little thing" to set something up for IX.
* There's a script for IX, but they're still working on it. It's a process, etc.

Overall, it was a lot of CT saying the "right" thing to the various questions. He came across as fairly self-aware and not as tone-deaf as some of the BoH reviews have made him out to be (or as "Home Base" made him out to be). That doesn't mean that I'm feeling great about IX, but I don't think he's an idiot, either.

@ISeeAnIsland

Both the Wonder Woman thing and the script-in-progress thing make me feel better about CT Smile  I wonder who helps edit drafts of the script.
@Cowgirlsamurai Correct me if I'm dead wrong, but don't Rian and Kasdan have a hand in this? And then it has to jive with KK and story group.
@MeadowofAshes

Colin Trevorrow and his writing partner Derek Connolly are writing the script for Ep IX. Rian Johnson already confirmed on Twitter that he's not involved. He said the report of him writing the treatment was incorrect. All that said, I'm sure Kathy Kennedy and Lucasfilm/Disney won't hesitate to bring in others to polish the script up if they feel it's needed.
@Mrs Ben Solo

CT's current script isn't going off of a treatment by Rian; however, in interviews, CT has consistently said that he's been in contact with/coordinating with Rian, so I think Rian is involved at least on a continuity level.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 26 Jun - 23:12

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@MeadowofAshes

@Mrs Ben Solo

CT's current script isn't going off of a treatment by Rian; however, in interviews, CT has consistently said that he's been in contact with/coordinating with Rian, so I think Rian is involved at least on a continuity level.
@ISeeAnIsland

Also, if Rian really does finish TLJ by August, there will be a few months for KK to bring him in if there are issues, and given the action she was willing to take on HS where there directors with more standing than CT, I have no doubt that she will do what needs to be done.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 2 Jul - 19:23

Anyone listen to Rebel Grrrl lately? I have not, but apparently, they said that MSW is sitting on a big Leia spoiler (that doesn't have to do with a Luke reunion)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 2 Jul - 19:44

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Anyone listen to Rebel Grrrl lately? I have not, but apparently, they said that MSW is sitting on a big Leia spoiler (that doesn't have to do with a Luke reunion)?
@ISeeAnIsland

I think they know a lot of stuff about tlj but they won't share anything until maybe October or November
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat on Sun 2 Jul - 22:10

I know everything about TLJ but I'm not sharing until December 16th. Basketball
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 2 Jul - 23:57

@Millicent the Cat wrote:I know everything about TLJ but I'm not sharing until December 16th. Basketball
@Millicent the Cat

*gives you 500$* for TLJ spoilers
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 3 Jul - 0:47

I'll know everything in December. Razz
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana on Mon 3 Jul - 10:42

I listened to the Trevorrow interview on Happy Sad Confused, and he says a few interesting things about the Force - about how the philosophy influenced him growing up and taught him lessons about how to be a good person, how to "control your anger," etc.

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 3 Jul - 11:59

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/07/episode-186-super-business-lunak-mechanic/

◾Super Business. We chat for a bit before the news.
◾Robie Mattox from the Visceral Star Wars game!
◾Podcast Exclusive: The Mechanic “Lunak” discussed.
◾Lawrence Kasdan spotted at the airport for Han Solo work.
◾Bob Iger will not confirm the Han Solo release don’t shift.
◾New shots of Rey and Captain Phasma released.
◾Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Blu-ray.
◾Forces of Destiny is coming!
◾No Pod People this week!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 10 Jul - 21:20

Another NTIP is up:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/07/episode-187-makingstarwars-nets-now-podcasting/

Artoo-Deetoo gets a new accessory in The Last Jedi
The first five episodes of Star Wars Forces of Destiny
More exclusive details on project Ragtag. Who are the game’s main antagonists?
Has the fate of Ahsoka Tano finally been cleared up by Star Wars Rebels‘ Dave Filoni?
Pod People
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Jul - 21:25

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Another NTIP is up:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/07/episode-187-makingstarwars-nets-now-podcasting/

Has the fate of Ahsoka Tano finally been cleared up by Star Wars Rebels‘ Dave Filoni?
Pod People
@Darth_Awakened

Damn. I was hoping for spoiler dump before D23 like they did it before Celebration Orlando. Anything in Pod People? Starts from 1:07:42.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 10 Jul - 23:59

More about toys ..... awesome!

Any talk of Dark Luke in there?

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 11 Jul - 2:02

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Another NTIP is up:

Pod People
@Darth_Awakened

Gosh. This is so boring. When are they going to talk about juicy stuff? I guess they really have no good spoilers yet. The security this year has been so tight.

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Tue 11 Jul - 2:33

I don't think it's that they don't have good spoilers but that they are being extra careful not to release info that could get them a cease & desist, OR are waiting till they have the info confirmed by more than one source.
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana on Fri 14 Jul - 9:51

There's an interview with Dave Filoni from Rebels here that touches on a lot of things about the Force and the Jedi. Might give some indication of how those at Lucasfilm see all this.

https://thewookieegunner.com/2017/07/13/rebels-chat-episode-84-dave-filoni-interview/

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Yesterday at 16:45

Legend Jason has BTS analysis in the new NTIP! haven't listened yet cause I'll be away from my desk but looking forward to it:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/07/episode-188-making-star-wars-now-podcasting-straight-outta-dompton/

Sizzle Reel discussion starts at 25 min.

At 34 min, jason says that Porgs try to ear MF when they first see it, and Chewie and R2 fight them off but Luke itnervenes and doesn't let them hurt Porgs. maybe Luke put his X Wing under the water to keep it safe from Porgs? They can eat metal.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat Yesterday at 17:23

@vaderito wrote:Legend Jason has BTS analysis in the new NTIP! haven't listened yet cause I'll be away from my desk but looking forward to it:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/07/episode-188-making-star-wars-now-podcasting-straight-outta-dompton/

At 34 min, jason says that Porgs try to ear MF when they first see it, and Chewie and R2 fight them off but Luke itnervenes and doesn't let them hurt Porgs. maybe Luke put his X Wing under the water to keep it safe from Porgs? They can eat metal.
@vaderito

Porgs look like an aquatic type of creature with their puffin-like builds. I don't think submerging an x-wing would keep it safe from them and there's probably another reason.
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Yesterday at 17:38

@vaderito wrote:Legend Jason has BTS analysis in the new NTIP! haven't listened yet cause I'll be away from my desk but looking forward to it:

@vaderito

Great! Keep a Porg away from your car!

Nasty little creature! lol!

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Fri 21 Jul - 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo Yesterday at 17:47

I started listening but got interrupted by other stuff. It's a slog at the best of times with the way the MSW guys joke around and go off on tangents. Jason seemed to think the water tank stuff was Rey on a quest to find something underwater (no mention of the popular Reylo cliff scene headcanon).

Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Yesterday at 17:50

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I started listening but got interrupted by other stuff. It's a slog at the best of times with the way the MSW guys joke around and go off on tangents. Jason seemed to think the water tank stuff was Rey on a quest to find something underwater (no mention of the popular Reylo cliff scene headcanon).

@Mrs Ben Solo

Do you remember where the Reylo cliff scene headcanon came from? I can't recall. I know it's been around for a while.
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Yesterday at 17:51

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I started listening but got interrupted by other stuff. It's a slog at the best of times with the way the MSW guys joke around and go off on tangents. Jason seemed to think the water tank stuff was Rey on a quest to find something underwater (no mention of the popular Reylo cliff scene headcanon).

@Mrs Ben Solo

That makes more sense, TBH, given that it looked like Rey was deliberately diving into the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Yesterday at 17:53

Around 43:50 they talk about Holdo and Leia and mention that there was a photo of Holdo with the gun and another one where she and Poe have a stare-down. We knew that but they confirm it.

45 min B Wing Air Ships = skimmers from Crait

46 min 3PO is on Leia's ship with blown off windows or something. They are wondering if the rumor about Leia being taken out of commission temporarily is true.

52 min confirmation of the trench, Poe sliding.

58, etc DJ pilots from the red chair, it's an opulent ship

Last edited by vaderito on Fri 21 Jul - 18:02; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Yesterday at 17:55

@Tex wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

Do you remember where the Reylo cliff scene headcanon came from? I can't recall. I know it's been around for a while.
@Tex

The MSW old report he got from his Irish sources: Kylo Ren and Rey fight, then she disappears at the edge of a cliff.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Yesterday at 17:59

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Tex wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

@Tex

The MSW old report he got from his Irish sources: Kylo Ren and Rey fight, then she disappears at the edge of a cliff.
@Darth_Awakened

Ah, ok. Thanks!
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum