Discussion: Podcasts

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 22:16

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:Oh no, they talk about Cantina Cast 'making the Reylos mad'. And Kylux, oddly. Apparently they didn't even listen to it, though. Laughing
@Helix

I personally thought the podcast was funny.  I wasn't offended at all, even though I thought they were being extremely obtuse for saying that in their opinion a romance was unlikely event after they discussed and acknowledged in depth every romantic trope imaginable.

That's what I found hilarious.
@IoJovi

They mention the sexism accusations specifically, so I dunno if people tweeted Cantina Cast calling them sexist, or what.
@Helix

I didn't really find it sexist. Sure there was the one comparison to Twilight when they said Reylo would be too much like Bella and Edward trying to take out the Voltori (what?), but other than that they were very respectful.

I just found their ultimate interpretation perplexing, to put it mildly. As I said on MSW's Twitter page, they fanboy'd out in the end. (Is that a verb?)

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 31 Jul - 22:19

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:Oh no, they talk about Cantina Cast 'making the Reylos mad'. And Kylux, oddly. Apparently they didn't even listen to it, though. Laughing
@Helix

I personally thought the podcast was funny.  I wasn't offended at all, even though I thought they were being extremely obtuse for saying that in their opinion a romance was unlikely event after they discussed and acknowledged in depth every romantic trope imaginable.

That's what I found hilarious.
@IoJovi

They mention the sexism accusations specifically, so I dunno if people tweeted Cantina Cast calling them sexist, or what.
@Helix

Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10475
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 31 Jul - 22:27

@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1214
Likes : 11524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Helix on Mon 31 Jul - 22:33

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:Oh no, they talk about Cantina Cast 'making the Reylos mad'. And Kylux, oddly. Apparently they didn't even listen to it, though. Laughing
@Helix

I personally thought the podcast was funny.  I wasn't offended at all, even though I thought they were being extremely obtuse for saying that in their opinion a romance was unlikely event after they discussed and acknowledged in depth every romantic trope imaginable.

That's what I found hilarious.
@IoJovi

They mention the sexism accusations specifically, so I dunno if people tweeted Cantina Cast calling them sexist, or what.
@Helix

I didn't really find it sexist. Sure there was the one comparison to Twilight when they said Reylo would be too much like Bella and Edward trying to take out the Voltori (what?), but other than that they were very respectful.

I just found their ultimate interpretation perplexing, to put it mildly. As I said on MSW's Twitter page, they fanboy'd out in the end. (Is that a verb?)
@IoJovi

I feel like if people just tweeted them saying they're sexist with no explanation, it'll just make them roll their eyes even more and just jot it down as 'those silly shippers'.

They probably should probably actually talk to a shipper about it, instead of playing guessing games and bad comparisons.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 22:37

@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 31 Jul - 22:38

@WhatGirl wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@adamdrivershair

You reminded me of one other detail where they used the camera's PoV for a character. Credit to @BastilaBey for pointing this out originally, but when they cut to Rey still asleep in the interogation chair, it's Ren's PoV scanning up her body to her face. This ain't the same PoV used for the shot of Poe, that's for sure. But it's 100% in that moment his perspective looking at her (apologies for small gif, I threw together the screenshots on a free web based gif maker)



@snufkin

LOL, wow.

He sure checks her out a lot for someone who's apparently "only interested in her powers", doesn't he? ROFL
@WhatGirl

Well he obviously jealous of her and wants her power for himself. Laughing

_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 795
Likes : 3685
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Helix on Mon 31 Jul - 22:42

@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 31 Jul - 22:46

@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint.  But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I think that's the reason. I died with "the girl of his dreams... but NOT in a romantic way!  No Qst " ROFL ROFL ROFL
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 235
Likes : 863
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 31 Jul - 22:51

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

We didn't yell at all, we replied with sarcasm to that tweet Very Happy a bunch yelled on tumblr
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10475
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 22:52

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint.  But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I personally feel like the ants have this habit of yelling obscenities and accusations at us the consist of three words or less, then taking off because they don't want to handle the responses.  There's no thought or analysis behind their arguments.  I do take issue with the twilight comparisons, but at the same time it's not like they said, oh those silly reylo shippers, they just like Twilight.  They just made a bad analogy that I disagree with.  Like I said too, their analysis up til the very end was on point, and I don't think it helps anyone to not acknowledge that.  Finding similarities between factions who disagree is how we make progress.  

I hope no one thinks I'm down playing the sexism that is rampant in this fandom, but in order to make progress you have to give credit at least where it's due, along with calling out the stuff that makes you cringe.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 31 Jul - 22:55

Twilight? Do you mean "Battlefront: Twilight Company"? How compering Reylo to Twilight Company is sexist? Do they think that Reylo will develop just like Namir & Chalis? Maybe they are really on to something. And there is nothing sexist in it. I really enjoyed that book. My brother didn't but everyone likes different things. Just like romantic Reylo, you want it and I'm not into it. Smile

Spoiler:

I know what you meant. I heard about Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. All of what I've heard weren't good things. I didn't watch or read them so I won't judge them. I'm not interested in them.


Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Mon 31 Jul - 23:05; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 163
Likes : 657
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 24
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Helix on Mon 31 Jul - 22:57

@IoJovi

Yeah, I doubt they realized it was sexist or were trying to be. It should be called out, but not Anti style. It's all about understanding, I mean yeah, at least there's an attempt? Not an amazing attempt near the end, but they didn't just write it off at the beginning and end there.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 31 Jul - 22:58

@IoJovi wrote:

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.
@IoJovi

They're using their platform to spread false information and most listeners are probably not going to realize how badly informed they are. That is why I think a Reylo theorist should be invited to engage on these podcasts, someone who actually knows the subject and can correct the hosts on their misunderstandings. This is what actual talk shows do when they want to discuss a topic they're not personally that knowledgeable about. They invite an expert or someone with experience, not simply repeat stereotypes they've heard from elsewhere. It might seem funny to us but people who don't know any better will take it as fact.


Last edited by WhatGirl on Mon 31 Jul - 23:00; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1214
Likes : 11524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 22:59

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

We didn't yell at all, we replied with sarcasm to that tweet Very Happy a bunch yelled on tumblr
@Maria Antonietta

I think @Helix might be talking about a different situation? I was part of that tweet conversation with MSW and I thought what you said was gold...

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Helix on Mon 31 Jul - 23:01

@IoJovi wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

We didn't yell at all, we replied with sarcasm to that tweet Very Happy a bunch yelled on tumblr
@Maria Antonietta

I think @Helix might be talking about a different situation? I was part of that tweet conversation with MSW and I thought what you said was gold...
@IoJovi

Yeah, I didn't mean anyone here. There's definitely ignorance on their ( Cantina Cast ) part.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by BastilaBey on Mon 31 Jul - 23:01

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint.  But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

We didn't yell at all, we replied with sarcasm to that tweet Very Happy a bunch yelled on tumblr
@Maria Antonietta

I don't know if you saw Joao's tumblr post - he deleted it pretty quickly - but it was a response to your tweet accusing them of sexism for not liking Reylo. They seem to think all shippers hate them now, which probably won't endear them to the reading any further. Oh well.
avatar
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2349
Likes : 23472
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 23:03

@WhatGirl wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.
@IoJovi

They're using their platform to spread false information and most listeners are probably not going to realize how badly informed they are. That is why I think a Reylo theorist should be invited to engage on these podcasts, someone who actually knows the subject and can correct the hosts on their misunderstandings. This is what actual talk shows do when they want to discuss a topic they're not personally that knowledgeable about. They invite an expert or someone with experience, not simply repeat stereotypes they've heard from elsewhere. It might seem funny to us but people who don't know any better will take it as fact.
@WhatGirl

Agreed 100% with this.  I guess I found it funny because it served to reinforce every stereotype I have about the typical fanboy, but the podcast could have been A++ had they actually had someone who was knowledgeable on the subject.  That's what kills me though - they WERE knowledgeable and the analysis was spot on until the last five minutes.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Helix on Mon 31 Jul - 23:08

@IoJovi wrote:


Agreed 100% with this.  I guess I found it funny because it served to reinforce every stereotype I have about the typical fanboy, but the podcast could have been A++ had they actually had someone who was knowledgeable on the subject.  That's what kills me though - they WERE knowledgeable and the analysis was spot on until the last five minutes.
@IoJovi

That's the irony; they do so many in-depth, psychological takes on characters, sometimes with legit experts on those topics... but can't see Reylo. It is almost comical, as if their minds just can't truly comprehend it. Like a Lovecraft protag seeing the eldritch truth and promptly going mad.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 31 Jul - 23:08

@BastilaBey wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint.  But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

I also feel like just yelling with no explanation will become a 'Antis to Reylos' situation ( we don't take them seriously anymore when they accuse us of stuff ), because other factions of the fandom will probably have to eventually accept Reylo as a possibility beyond platonic. And if we just get mad at them every time they try talking about it instead of trying to teach them, well it'll just become a cycle and nobody wins.
@Helix

We didn't yell at all, we replied with sarcasm to that tweet Very Happy a bunch yelled on tumblr
@Maria Antonietta

I don't know if you saw Joao's tumblr post - he deleted it pretty quickly - but it was a response to your tweet accusing them of sexism for not liking Reylo. They seem to think all shippers hate them now, which probably won't endear them to the reading any further. Oh well.
@BastilaBey

What tweet?
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10475
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by adamdrivershair on Mon 31 Jul - 23:09

@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Yes, because comparing reylo to twilight is sexist. Vader saving Luke and redeeming himself is not like twilight, but Ren and Rey destroying Snoke is like twilight. I'm really pissed. Maybe they should stick to pew pew stuff and not talking about us
@Maria Antonietta

I agree with that. I think if they're going to talk about Reylo, they should invite a Reylo fan as a guest or something. I'm just really tired of Twilight/50 Shades comparisons always coming up. It shows a clear lack of understanding.
@WhatGirl

Their complete lack of understanding is what I find comical.   I don't know if they really are that dense, or if they are just afraid of losing their fanboy card if they acknowledge a romance is likely between these characters.   Like I said, I did find the majority of the conversation intriguing, and they even highlighted points I hadn't thought of.  It was the very end of the podcast that threw me for a loop.  It was like, were you even present for the conversation you just had up until this point?  Did you hear the words that came out of your own mouth?   Because I really don't understand how you can talk about Rey and Kylo having visions of each other before they have ever met (one guy was dead set on this), and not acknowledge there's a romantic undertone to that.

@Helix I do agree that the podcast would have been better if they actually had a Reylo shipper as a guest to run point and counterpoint. But it would have removed the comedy factor, so there is that... Laughing
@IoJovi

Can you imagine? Just the act of inviting someone on would say a lot.

I don't see something like that happening until 8 is out - unless it already has and I'm not aware?
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 67
Likes : 397
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 31 Jul - 23:12

The heroine/villain tweet? The villainous crush tweet? The tweet about Luke and vader= twilight sarcasm tweet? The sexism of reylo=twilight? Because it's true but I don't remember tweeting this
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10475
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by IoJovi on Mon 31 Jul - 23:16

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:


Agreed 100% with this.  I guess I found it funny because it served to reinforce every stereotype I have about the typical fanboy, but the podcast could have been A++ had they actually had someone who was knowledgeable on the subject.  That's what kills me though - they WERE knowledgeable and the analysis was spot on until the last five minutes.
@IoJovi

That's the irony; they do so many in-depth, psychological takes on characters, sometimes with legit experts on those topics... but can't see Reylo. It is almost comical, as if their minds just can't truly comprehend it. Like a Lovecraft protag seeing the eldritch truth and promptly going mad.
@Helix

So true! I listened to the podcast from front to back, and like I said before, their analysis of Rey and Kylo was spot on.  Many of the topics they covered could have come from Scavengers Hoard or SWC.  So that being said, I can tell they have some experience with character development and analysis.  The only real issue I had was at the end withtheir opinion on the likelyhood of romance. It was so clear it was coming from a place of not wanting to lose their fanboy card, and I question if they really believe what they said in that last part.  It was just so ridiculous, it made me laugh.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 31 Jul - 23:19

I'm scrolling through my Twitter account, I didn't find any sexism accusations tweets. Oh well... I just needed this unnecessary panick
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10475
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 31 Jul - 23:19

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:


Agreed 100% with this.  I guess I found it funny because it served to reinforce every stereotype I have about the typical fanboy, but the podcast could have been A++ had they actually had someone who was knowledgeable on the subject.  That's what kills me though - they WERE knowledgeable and the analysis was spot on until the last five minutes.
@IoJovi

That's the irony; they do so many in-depth, psychological takes on characters, sometimes with legit experts on those topics... but can't see Reylo. It is almost comical, as if their minds just can't truly comprehend it. Like a Lovecraft protag seeing the eldritch truth and promptly going mad.
@Helix

So true!  I listened to the podcast from front to back, and like I said before, their analysis of Rey and Kylo was spot on.  Many of the topics they covered could have come from Scavengers Hoard or SWC.  So that being said, I can tell they have some experience with character development and analysis.  The only real issue I had was at the end withtheir opinion on the likelyhood of romance. It was so clear it was coming from a place of not wanting to lose their fanboy card, and I question if they really believe what they said in that last part.  It was just so ridiculous, it made me laugh.
@IoJovi

It could be that or they simply don't see it because they don't want to see it. Laughing
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 235
Likes : 863
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 31 Jul - 23:51

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:Oh no, they talk about Cantina Cast 'making the Reylos mad'. And Kylux, oddly. Apparently they didn't even listen to it, though. Laughing
@Helix

I personally thought the podcast was funny.  I wasn't offended at all, even though I thought they were being extremely obtuse for saying that in their opinion a romance was unlikely event after they discussed and acknowledged in depth every romantic trope imaginable.

That's what I found hilarious.
@IoJovi

They mention the sexism accusations specifically, so I dunno if people tweeted Cantina Cast calling them sexist, or what.
@Helix
I don't think anyone from here accused them of sexism. We did take the piss out of them for the afformentioned obtusity though. Laughing
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8367
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum