Discussion: Podcasts

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 13 Aug - 13:22

Can't have enough yonic symbols, even straight up vaginas, on an island with caves surrounded by a vast, wet ocean with rain pouring down. TFA was all about the intimidating phallic stuff, TLJ should be renamed after the girl from Austin Powers: P**** Galore.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sun 13 Aug - 13:25

MeadowofAshes wrote:Can't have enough yonic symbols, even straight up vaginas, on an island with caves surrounded by a vast, wet ocean with rain pouring down. TFA was all about the intimidating phallic stuff, TLJ should be renamed after the girl from Austin Powers: P**** Galore.
@MeadowofAshes

Not to be 'that guy,' but **** Galore was from James Bond Razz

So was Octopussy, for what it's worth.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 13 Aug - 13:27

Armadeus wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:Can't have enough yonic symbols, even straight up vaginas, on an island with caves surrounded by a vast, wet ocean with rain pouring down. TFA was all about the intimidating phallic stuff, TLJ should be renamed after the girl from Austin Powers: P**** Galore.
@MeadowofAshes

Not to be 'that guy,' but **** Galore was from James Bond Razz

Goldfinger, to be precise.
@Armadeus You're absolutely right! I must have mixed her up with Alotta Fagina.  lol!
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 13 Aug - 14:07

Blackcanary wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:Listened a bit of it (until around 40:00)

An early rumor of Chewie and Porg BBQ. Bad Chewie! Meltdown worthy. lol!
Jason "ranting" about The Chosen One" stuff. (He probably missed Pablo's debunk tweet)
On Kylo: redeemable or not. Nothing that Jason hasn't said already. A brief visit to Reylo on the topic of redemption: "Kylo just needs to get laid - so Rey could really bring balance to the Force" (It's around 30:00).

@Darth_Awakened

I'm a bit torn on the chosen one stuff too, so I understand where they're coming from.

At one point, Jason says he thinks the interrogation-style chair from that Snoke playset is where Kylo wakes up in TLJ.

LMAO, they're talking about the genitals on the sea monsters. 'Camel toe balls'. Laughing

@Blackcanary

Yikes, Snoke has Kylo in the interrogation chair when he wakes up? Is this speculation or has Jason heard something? I thought Kylo was getting a scene to mirror Finn's in the bacta suit of was that just speculation too? I'm lost. Anyway, I guess there's no need to be having an interrogation chair there unless it's going to be used at some point. Poor Kylo, no TLC for him, Snoke is an advocate of tough love!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary on Sun 13 Aug - 14:18

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

Jason "ranting" about The Chosen One" stuff. (He probably missed Pablo's debunk tweet)
On Kylo: redeemable or not. Nothing that Jason hasn't said already. A brief visit to Reylo on the topic of redemption: "Kylo just needs to get laid - so Rey could really bring balance to the Force" (It's around 30:00).

@Darth_Awakened

I'm a bit torn on the chosen one stuff too, so I understand where they're coming from.

At one point, Jason says he thinks the interrogation-style chair from that Snoke playset is where Kylo wakes up in TLJ.

LMAO, they're talking about the genitals on the sea monsters. 'Camel toe balls'. Laughing

@Blackcanary

Yikes, Snoke has Kylo in the interrogation chair when he wakes up? Is this speculation or has Jason heard something? I thought Kylo was getting a scene to mirror Finn's in the bacta suit of was that just speculation too? I'm lost. Anyway, I guess there's no need to be having an interrogation chair there unless it's going to be used at some point. Poor Kylo, no TLC for him, Snoke is an advocate of tough love!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I got the impression it was 'informed' thinking on his part based on how he said it. Poor Kylo!
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 13 Aug - 14:32

Blackcanary wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Blackcanary

@Mrs Ben Solo

I got the impression it was 'informed' thinking on his part based on how he said it. Poor Kylo!
@Blackcanary

Thanks for the info. Poor Kylo, indeed. No wonder he looks like a kicked puppy! Sad
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 13 Aug - 14:38

When I saw that playset with the interrogation chair, I swear I thought about Kylo waking up there at the beginning of TLJ. It would be an easy way to establish dramatic irony and display Kylo's miserableness for the audience. That chair was tightly associated with his dominance and his powers -- him being trapped to it after losing... it would subvert a lot of expectations, make him more sympathetic to the audience and it would even give the "he's getting what he deserves" feeling to people who dislike him. Win-win to every side.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 13 Aug - 14:57

Wth the guy after the kylo get laid comment is like I don't want Rey's point to just melt his heart -__-
Why is it so hard for people to see the deeper meaning behind reylo? Like please, go retake Lit 101 or something.
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 13 Aug - 15:02

Piper Maru wrote:When I saw that playset with the interrogation chair, I swear I thought about Kylo waking up there at the beginning of TLJ. It would be an easy way to establish dramatic irony and display Kylo's miserableness for the audience. That chair was tightly associated with his dominance and his powers -- him being trapped to it after losing... it would subvert a lot of expectations, make him more sympathetic to the audience and it would even give the "he's getting what he deserves" feeling to people who dislike him. Win-win to every side.
@Piper Maru
Agreed, it could be a great intro Kylo's arc in TLJ. As you said, it would instantly subvert certain expectations by showing Kylo as anything but the most powerful evil force of the trilogy. Also, it would serve as an impactful way of making Kylo sympathetic. Similar to the scene with Hux and Snoke post Rey's interrogation where Kylo tries to discourage Snoke from firing Starkiller again, we would be seeing the interaction from Kylo's perspective (i.e. identifying with him in a submissive position). Even if it's just speculation on Jason's part I do like the idea of it.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 13 Aug - 15:24

Piper Maru wrote:When I saw that playset with the interrogation chair, I swear I thought about Kylo waking up there at the beginning of TLJ. It would be an easy way to establish dramatic irony and display Kylo's miserableness for the audience. That chair was tightly associated with his dominance and his powers -- him being trapped to it after losing... it would subvert a lot of expectations, make him more sympathetic to the audience and it would even give the "he's getting what he deserves" feeling to people who dislike him. Win-win to every side.
@Piper Maru

Yes. It'd be a great way to immediately start framing him as a victim in all this, for those who didn't come to that conclusion before. It's a necessary step to getting people on board with his redemption (as many a podcast have pointed out before).
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 13 Aug - 15:39

If they want to start building sympathy, having a still-weakened Kylo wake up in an interrogation chair the first time we ever see him in TLJ would be a pretty darn brilliant move. And if Snoke is responsible for it, it helps to immediately reestablish Snoke as a villain and shed light on his relationship with Kylo as well.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 13 Aug - 16:20

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Piper Maru
Agreed, it could be a great intro Kylo's arc in TLJ. As you said, it would instantly subvert certain expectations by showing Kylo as anything but the most powerful evil force of the trilogy. Also, it would serve as an impactful way of making Kylo sympathetic. Similar to the scene with Hux and Snoke post Rey's interrogation where Kylo tries to discourage Snoke from firing Starkiller again, we would be seeing the interaction from Kylo's perspective (i.e. identifying with him in a submissive position). Even if it's just speculation on Jason's part I do like the idea of it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

ZioRen wrote:If they want to start building sympathy, having a still-weakened Kylo wake up in an interrogation chair the first time we ever see him in TLJ would be a pretty darn brilliant move. And if Snoke is responsible for it, it helps to immediately reestablish Snoke as a villain and shed light on his relationship with Kylo as well.
@ZioRen

Yes! I love it! Not that I want to see Kylo tortured, but this is all spot-on. That would be a really brilliant way to start off his TLJ arc.

I wonder whatever happened to Jason's earlier spoiler of supposedly first seeing Kylo on a med table being tended to by a med droid.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 13 Aug - 16:24

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Piper Maru
@FrolickingFizzgig

ZioRen wrote:If they want to start building sympathy, having a still-weakened Kylo wake up in an interrogation chair the first time we ever see him in TLJ would be a pretty darn brilliant move. And if Snoke is responsible for it, it helps to immediately reestablish Snoke as a villain and shed light on his relationship with Kylo as well.
@ZioRen

Yes! I love it! Not that I want to see Kylo tortured, but this is all spot-on. That would be a really brilliant way to start off his TLJ arc.

I wonder whatever happened to Jason's earlier spoiler of supposedly first seeing Kylo on a med table being tended to by a med droid.
@ISeeAnIsland

Maybe it wasn't a med droid.

Yikes.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 13 Aug - 16:29

A few days ago we were speculating about a wound in the right side of Kylo's forehead. What if it was done not by a med droid, but by one of those "probe robots", like the one Kylo had in the interrogation room when he was dealing with Poe?
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 13 Aug - 17:40

Piper Maru wrote:A few days ago we were speculating about a wound in the right side of Kylo's forehead. What if it was done not by a med droid, but by one of those "probe robots", like the one Kylo had in the interrogation room when he was dealing with Poe?
@Piper Maru

I'm quite taken with idea of Kylo strapped in that chair, as a plot device of course. So bringing in a torture probe could parallel what happened with his mother ?
MrsWindu
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 13 Aug - 17:54

MrsWindu wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:A few days ago we were speculating about a wound in the right side of Kylo's forehead. What if it was done not by a med droid, but by one of those "probe robots", like the one Kylo had in the interrogation room when he was dealing with Poe?
@Piper Maru

I'm quite taken with idea of Kylo strapped in that chair, as a plot device of course. So bringing in a torture probe could parallel what happened with his mother ?
@MrsWindu

And it serves as a reminder of how rock-bottom he's really gone, since now he's in the same position he had Poe in at the start of TFA. An evolution from the powerful interrogator to the defeated victim of his own game.

Great, now I'm attached to the idea of this TLJ introduction for Kylo and it's nothing but speculation. Laughing
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 13 Aug - 18:19

I wouldn't doubt it as a potential plot point. But as with the Hux action figure, I'd definitely wonder about the parent who buys their kid a mind probing dentist chair for a toy.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 13 Aug - 20:10

snufkin wrote:I wouldn't doubt it as a potential plot point. But as with the Hux action figure, I'd definitely wonder about the parent who buys their kid a mind probing dentist chair for a toy.
@snufkin

Oh... it says Age 4+ on the packaging? Snoke is apparently to scale and really looms over his guard
MrsWindu
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat on Sun 13 Aug - 20:25

I think Snoke is an Angel of Iego and they're 7-9 feet tall so he is probably going to loom over most characters.
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 13 Aug - 23:05

MrsWindu wrote:
snufkin wrote:I wouldn't doubt it as a potential plot point. But as with the Hux action figure, I'd definitely wonder about the parent who buys their kid a mind probing dentist chair for a toy.
@snufkin

Oh... it says Age 4+ on the packaging? Snoke is apparently to scale and really looms over his guard
@MrsWindu

4+ if you want to have the little ones hiding behind the couch!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 14 Aug - 0:31

Blackcanary wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Blackcanary

Oh, no!  Poor Kylo! Sad

They're speculating about what it could be over on Reddit.  Sorry if these links were already posted elsewhere.  As usual, I'm way behind and trying to catch up on everything so I might have missed it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6tcb9u/snokes_lair_with_throne_room/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6shod5/snokes_torture_chair/
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 14 Aug - 6:44

MrsWindu wrote:
@Piper Maru

@MrsWindu

If he were tortured, the best thing they could do (in my opinion, obviously) would be flash an image-- a Force connection of some sort with his mother-- of Vader having Leia tortured.  Kylo could use a reality check about Vader.  I think he'd stagger off that table at the end of it with one hell of an epiphany.
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 14 Aug - 21:14

@kroi

I had a chance to finally listen to this. A few things to note:

* In their discussion/interpretation of "the chosen one" thing, they mentioned that if there were different chosen ones, Anakin could have taken down the Sith, whereas the Kylo/Rey possible version could apply to some other greater evil. Mentioned the idea that there could be a bigger bad behind Snoke, but that they don't know anything as to whether or not that's a possibility. (I'm only mentioning it here since it's something that we've speculated on.)
* Jason's exact words about the interrogation table in the Snoke playset: "I think that's the table that Kylo Ren wakes up on."  
* Jason commented that everything he's heard so far is that Kylo is further towards the dark side (less balanced) in this movie, pointing out that that's to be expected, given that he's just killed his father.
* On Chewbacca eating porgs:  Early on, he'd heard from a credible source that there would be a scene of Chewbacca BBQ'ing porgs by roasting them on a spit. Then Jason figured they got rid of that idea, realizing that would be disturbing. But now he's wondering if there's some variation of that, given the shot of Chewie in the Falcon with the one feather hanging out of his mouth.

ETA:
* They wondered if there will actually be a romance between Finn and Rose. They have heard that there are flirtatious elements to their relationship but have not actually heard anything further than that. Still thinks this is the best chance for a romance in this film.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 14 Aug - 22:15

Imagine if Snoke does a mind probe on Kylo and discovers a Force bond between him and Rey. That would not go down well.

I think both Kylo and Rey will be ordered by their respective masters to kill the other - to break the bond.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 14 Aug - 22:57

ISeeAnIsland wrote: Jason commented that everything he's heard so far is that Kylo is further towards the dark side (less balanced) in this movie, pointing out that that's to be expected, given that he's just killed his father.
@ISeeAnIsland

Well that doesn't sound good Neutral So he's more eeevil? I thought he'd be slipping more towards the light, feeling remorse for killing Han. I wonder if that's just Jason's interpretation of things.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum