Discussion: Podcasts

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Sun 14 May 2017 - 17:31

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

I'am aware of it: SWNN is not the most reliable source, but far from being Mike Zeroh league of trashy speculation.
However, they also don't post the rumors so frequently.
@Darth_Awakened

Oh they are not Zeroh for sure. I believe that they believe their sources.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:03

@Kessel wrote:I think the Kylo fell in Rey's place theory has the potential to add some real unique drama (for SW). It would also be a nice parallel if Kylo takes Rey's place since in TFA, she has figuratively taken Ben Solo's place. However, like others have pointed out, there are some logic holes based on what we saw in TFA. How does that theory tie in with the awakening in TFA, which is ostensibly Rey? Was that something unanticipated? Also, how does this tie in with Vader? Kylo thinks he's finishing what Vader started so I assume his mission is connected to whatever he believes Vader was trying to accomplish, and he doesn't agree with the rest of the GFFA that Vader/Anakin fulfilled his purpose by destroying the Sith.

I suppose Kylo could have had visions of what Rey was supposed to be, but how does it tie in with Vader? Also, if Kylo figured out who Rey was during the snow fight, why would he want her to join him if he took her place?

Don't get me wrong, I think the theory is headed in the right direction in that I think there is going to be a unique and interesting Force connection between Rey and Kylo that will make it impossible for them to be mere adversaries. I just wonder how it all fits in a way that makes sense.

@Kessel

There was a very articulate meta on reddit (weird, right?) on sw as myth and all the archetypes found in Campbell's hero's journey. And this guy came to the conclusion that Vader wanted to save Padme. Maybe, I don't know how, he wants to prevent her death.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 14 May 2017 - 19:55

She may be a harbinger but I don't think she's a no one.

They use obi wans reveal music in two places regarding rey. If she's a no one why add this music to two places:

1: at the end of tfa just as you get the two (Luke and rey) in the same shot for the first time you hear the harp music that plays when obi wan meets Luke in anh and he reveals his face and says "hello". The music that they chose to play when rey first meets Luke is lifted directly from where Luke and obi wan meet in anh. Coincidence?

2: in the last Jedi trailer before rey is revealed you have the same music that plays when obi wan reveals himself in anh. Same notes and same harp notes.

I just can't see them doing this for a nobody. I honestly think that's false info or its because for the first 2 acts of the film her lineage is not revealed or appears to be going one way before a twist
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sun 14 May 2017 - 19:59

@IoJovi wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
Knights: So ages ago we've heard that Rey has no relation to anybody, she is literally a nobody, but she is the reason why Kylo turned to the Dark Side and that Kylo fell in her place".

@WhatGirl

Can someone help me out here? Kylo had fallen approximately around the same time as Bloodlines (six years before TFA).

Rey had been dropped off on Jakku 15 years before TFA. His fall and her being dropped off appear to be completely unrelated.

How in the world could he have fallen to the Dark in an effort so that she wouldn't?

Unless...he knew of some prophecy where he thought he had to do such a thing as it would prevent her from doing so, even if he didn't know exactly who *she* was at the time.

This would fall in line with the *interesting relationship* that JJ talks about in the commentary.

I'm also certain it would cause her feelings to soften a bit towards him once she learns this.

Hmm....
@IoJovi

I think their places were switched without either of them knowing it. I personally doubt Kylo/Ben knew about her at the time, and I don't believe he was consciously attempting to save anyone else from falling.

I still fully subscribe to the theory that Rey's parents were somehow responsible for unleashing Snoke, and that it is because of her abandonment that she did not become a dark sider herself. Had they stayed, I think Rey would be in Kylo's place.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:00

I actually think Rey is a "nobody" in the strict sense of the word. She comes from a backwater planet, she doesn't have a last name, she is "just a scavenger", she lives literally in the middle of trash. She's no one, really (or what we call in Brazil, a "Maria Ninguém"; no name, no family, no importance) She embodies the From Nobody to Nightmare trope beautifully, just like Anakin did. The difference is that she started as heroine in Episode VII, while Vader was first introduced as a villain in Episode IV.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:07

Yet no one can tell me why a nobody linked to no one has links to obi wans music?

Why is a no one linked to obi wans reveal music at the end of tfa and at the start of tlj trailer?
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:10

It was being a nobody that likely saved Rey. Ben Solo was born to famous parents, so famous that his mother's pregnancy with him was gossiped about across the galaxy. It is no wonder really that Snoke was able to get his claws into Ben before he was even born. Sad
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:16

I have a feeling that Jakku is what kept her hidden Like the falcon. Something about Jakku.

She was found by kylo incredibly fast when not on Jakku.
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 15 May 2017 - 1:39

@Gemini wrote:I have a feeling that Jakku is what kept her hidden Like the falcon. Something about Jakku.

@Gemini

I think that the easy answer there is that Rey's Force signature was hidden by being on Jakku and that we'll learn that the planet of Jakku is Force-strong...similar to how Yoda was able to "hide" on Dagobah because of Dagobah's Force properties.

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 15 May 2017 - 1:46

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Gemini wrote:I have a feeling that Jakku is what kept her hidden Like the falcon. Something about Jakku.

@Gemini

I think that the easy answer there is that Rey's Force signature was hidden by being on Jakku and that we'll learn that the planet of Jakku is Force-strong...similar to how Yoda was able to "hide" on Dagobah because of Dagobah's Force properties.
@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed. I think something similar. I think whatever thousand year-old battle that took place on Jakku damaged it's connection to the Force and turned it into the desert wasteland that it is. Because of this I think that's why Rey didn't have her awakening until she left as Kylo and Snoke didn't sense her until then.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 15 May 2017 - 4:54

Rey, whoever you are, you are the anti-christ/ anti chosen one... These are your first steps to destroying the universe...

Obi freakin Kenobi,

Someone needs to put down the tinfoil hats and put on the thinking caps....
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 15 May 2017 - 6:41

Keep in mind, though, that what someone is prophesied to be and how that actually turns out are two different things. "A prophecy that misread could have been..."

Anakin was meant to be the Chosen One, a prophesied hero. Well, he did fulfill that prophecy in his way, but took one long evil detour to actually get there.

Likewise, Rey might be a prophesied something that scares Luke, but that doesn't mean she'd actually turn out to be the Evil Destroyer of All Things, or whatever. A prophesied evil destroyer might turn out to be the saviour, if "a prophecy misread has been".

Rare is the fictional prophecy that isn't misread in some way.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 May 2017 - 7:18

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Rey, whoever you are, you are the anti-christ/ anti chosen one... These are your first steps to destroying the universe...

Obi freakin Kenobi,

@spacebaby45678

This made me LOL
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 15 May 2017 - 7:26

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Rey, whoever you are, you are the anti-christ/ anti chosen one... These are your first steps to destroying the universe...

Obi freakin Kenobi,

@spacebaby45678

This made me LOL
@Gemini

Rey is a nobody, literally nobody.... Rey & Kylo have a mysterious connection... That does not add up. Unless

Or

The force bond is created because pre existing conditions that made it easy for Reylo to bond with each other, it is not because she is just Rey Jakku Sunshine anti christ...
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 15 May 2017 - 8:06

I think your lineage doesn't define you as a person. Ben is Han and Leia son, Luke Skywalker nephew, look how he turned out to be.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 15 May 2017 - 11:11

Or the "Force bond" was created because they were literally in each other's heads in a way we've never seen Force users be before. Or because they're destined to be important to each other, which isn't reliant on lineage. Or the myriad of other explanations they could possibly come up with.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 15 May 2017 - 13:36

@ZioRen wrote:Or the "Force bond" was created because they were literally in each other's heads in a way we've never seen Force users be before. Or because they're destined to be important to each other, which isn't reliant on lineage. Or the myriad of other explanations they could possibly come up with.
@ZioRen

This. It's going to be one of these explanations.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 15 May 2017 - 16:21

If bonds were actually related to lineage (which they are not), there is another pairing with the longest and strongest relationship in the movies  Very Happy

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 May 2017 - 16:22

Sorry, I wasn't laughing at rey harbinger it was that bloody gif lmao
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 May 2017 - 17:22

@Maria Antonietta wrote:I think your lineage doesn't define you as a person. Ben is Han and Leia son, Luke Skywalker nephew, look how he turned out to be.
@Maria Antonietta

Good point but his grand father is darth Vader so I would say that has some impact on the way he turned out.

He is a mix of light and dark

Think it's the same for rey
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 15 May 2017 - 18:29

I will comment the last rumor with a meme. Laughing

What if the prophecy isn't only about Rey being the anti-chosen one but also about Kylo as the savior? The prophecy could said that the anti-chosen one will be defeated by the chosen one's blood. Snoke knows it and uses Kylo for his power. He is affraid that Ben will stop him, so he had targeted young Solo before he was born. He manipulated him. He told him to kill the padawans to stop the harbinger of doom. He want to have the eventual savior on his side, so what he want to accomplish, won't be stopped. But he should know what Yoda said about the future. Laughing

But I don't belive that Rey is the harbinger of doom. It's just speculation on my part. What I wrote is just a theory that gets into my mind when I read the rumor. It could be that Kylo's fall is conected to Rey, but I don't think the reason is Rey being the anti-chosen one. It doesn't make sense to me. If that would be the case, he would try to kill Rey in TFA, yet he didn't do it.
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacrebleu on Mon 15 May 2017 - 18:59

@Geralt_Riv wrote:I will comment the last rumor with a meme. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

This is awesome.
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 15 May 2017 - 19:07

@Sacrebleu wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:I will comment the last rumor with a meme. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

This is awesome.
@Sacrebleu

Thank you! Cool

Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 16 May 2017 - 1:17

New MSW NTIP is up:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/05/episode-180-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

On this week’s show:

* A space horse update.
* An Episode VIII related book title discovered.
* Kylo Ren’s new ship.
* A discussion on Yoda and The Last Jedi.
* A look at the filming of the untitled Han Solo film in Fuertaventura.
* Han Solo concept art is confirmation of a MSW reported location in the untitled Han Solo film?
* Pod People.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 16 May 2017 - 2:10

A few TLJ/Reylo relevant comments from this episode:

* Jason commented on the Resistance symbol on the Hotwheels toy for Kylo's ship. Said not to read into it--it's probably just an error from the ship being an early prototype.
* Around 56:00 or so, Pod People takes a Reylo question. Listener framed it as wanting her to be Luke's daughter, but basically said that he couldn't unsee that Kylo has "a massive boner" for Rey, and wanted to know if Rey could possibly be vulnerable to being seduced to the dark side by Kylo if she doesn't get along with Luke. Jason & co. mentioned the Phantom of the Opera concept art from TFA, but then for a while dodged the Reylo part of the question and concentrated on Luke. The interesting part (to me) of this is that they started drawing comparisons between Anakin and Kylo--mentioning Anakin getting taken away from his mother too young, and then drew a parallel with Kylo, saying that Ben was the son of these two highly successful people who weren't around enough, and he ended up falling in with bad crowds, and then got sent away to Luke.

I know that a lot of us have speculated on this as being our headcanons, and it might very well just be speculation from Jason, but it got me wondering if he's heard something about Ben's backstory that would confirm our speculation.

They then circled back to the "will Rey be tempted" question and gave some neutral speculation, but I got the impression that they don't know any more other than that TFA stressed that she wants to find her family.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum