Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 13:04

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Is this Miss Aphra a new official candidate to be SkyMum?

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Yes she is....despite Aphra being Asian and PH confirming on Twitter than Rey's parents are white.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823960313112313856

That being said, I'm all for a Luke-Aphra romantic relationship as it kills Reywalker completely. Cool

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sat 18 Feb - 16:06

I've been wondering do you guys think it's OOC for LUke to devote all of his time to searching fothe old Jedi lore and FS people?I know that as the last Jedi he had a huge responsability to pass on what he's learned but it seems like such a huge change in his character after the OT has shown how his emtions tend to get the better of him like when eh risked his life to save Han and Leia and later his father.Obviously we don't know much about his life post-Endor and it would be ver interesting to learn more about him after TLJ and episode 9 come out but I still find ti kind of strange that he wouldn't spend more time with Han and Leia (and little Ben)who are his only family after he neraly died trying to reddem his father because of how much he loved him.I mean like I said we don't know much about his relationship with them so I don't want to judge prematurely but it seems like the EU did a better job of establishing a family unit between the Skywalker-Solo families even after Luke became a Jedi(but then again I haven't read that many EU novels so I might be wrong and it looks like the OT3 were constantly invovled in some kind of a war in contrast to canon where they had years of peace).

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 18 Feb - 16:31

Watched TFA (again) with my mother last night. She is convinced that Luke did something bad with Rey's parents, and that's why he seems know who she is at the end.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 18 Feb - 18:54

@CienaRee wrote:I've been wondering do you guys think it's OOC for LUke to devote all of his time to searching fothe old Jedi lore and FS people?I know that as the last Jedi he had a huge responsability to pass on what he's learned but it seems like such a huge change in his character after the OT has shown how his emtions tend to get the better of him like when eh risked his life to save Han and Leia and later his father.Obviously we don't know much about his life post-Endor and it would be ver interesting to learn more about him after TLJ and episode 9 come out but I still find ti kind of strange that he wouldn't spend more time with Han and Leia (and little Ben)who are his only family after he neraly died trying to reddem his father because of how much he loved him.I mean like I said we don't know much about his relationship with them so I don't want to judge prematurely but it seems like the EU did a better job of establishing a family unit between the Skywalker-Solo families even after Luke became a Jedi(but then again I haven't read that many EU novels so I might be wrong and it looks like the OT3 were constantly invovled in some kind of a war in contrast to canon where they had years of peace).
@CienaRee

I agree with that to some extent. A while back, Pablo did tweet that it wasn't necessarily Luke's own plan (but someone else's plan) to re-start the Jedi Order. So, it could be something that he was doing out of some obligation (at least at first). But I agree that it seems strange that after everything he went through for Han and Leia, that he wouldn't at least be there for the birth of his nephew.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 13 Mar - 16:15

JJ Abrahams si predicting an Oscar nomination for Mark Hamill which speaks volumes about his performance.

I would really like to see Luke being a but of lunatic, not this hero or mythical person Rey is imagining him to be. Kinda parallels what might Ben undewent in his training. Not exactly this type of Luke but also a different person to who he was after RTJ.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 13 Mar - 17:25

@DarthRen,
I am excited about the same thing. I am hoping for a more complex Luke possibly...maybe a little dark and unhinged? I can't wait to see what happened between him and Kylo? I still honestly think this will be the big reveal in 8. Not who Rey's parents are but why Ben turned and how Luke might have played a big part in that also. Not necessarily intentionally though....I expect that Rey possibly gaining sympathy for Kylo because of what happened between Luke will be the other surprise. I can also see that as a big surprise to the general audience and even the long time fans.

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 16 Apr - 11:34

For me, how Luke Skywalker is placed on the poster, means something big will happen to him, or Luke will cause a huge turn of events in TLJ. Back when the original big3 was announced to be joining the cast, I immediately thought Luke's role = Yoda's role, the protagonist's master. But it seems like TLJ will also contain a continuation of Luke Skywalker's journey as a Jedi. He will not be just a Yoda II. I'm guessing that Luke might not even had the chance to teach Rey much. FO might arrive earlier than we expect.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the marketing is promoting Luke as an anti hero, so far. Not so "light." Am I the only one who feel this way? Not sure if marketing does it on purpose or not.

Can't wait to see Mark's Oscar-winning performance! I really hope he do win it! First actor from Star Wars franchise to win Oscar, go Mark!
shii405
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 16 Apr - 11:57

@shii405 wrote:For me, how Luke Skywalker is placed on the poster, means something big will happen to him, or Luke will cause a huge turn of events in TLJ. Back when the original big3 was announced to be joining the cast, I immediately thought Luke's role = Yoda's role, the protagonist's master. But it seems like TLJ will also contain a continuation of Luke Skywalker's journey as a Jedi. He will not be just a Yoda II. I'm guessing that Luke might not even had the chance to teach Rey much. FO might arrive earlier than we expect.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the marketing is promoting Luke as an anti hero, so far. Not so "light." Am I the only one who feel this way? Not sure if marketing does it on purpose or not.

Can't wait to see Mark's Oscar-winning performance! I really hope he do win it! First actor from Star Wars franchise to win Oscar, go Mark!
@shii405

I think the term is not 'anti-hero' as that one will definitely be Kylo's (and it's a different trope altogether) but more like a disillusioned hermit. A little bit of Ben Kenobi and Yoda. But Luke is more active than those two. They simply sat back and let the Force do it's thing (Ben letting Vader kill him, Yoda letting Luke go to Bespin), Luke on the otherhand seems more assertive in what he wants to happen with the Jedi and is trying to instill what new things he's learned of the Force.

He's not some passive Mentor figure at all and I think that's much better than what most of us expected of him. Him being old and disillusioned will play off nicely against young and hopeful Rey. They are both heroes, but Luke knows his time is over and needs someone else to do the hard work for him.
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 16 Apr - 12:00

@Birdwoman wrote:@DarthRen,
I am excited about the same thing. I am hoping for a more complex Luke possibly...maybe a little dark and unhinged? I can't wait to see what happened between him and Kylo? I still honestly think this will be the big reveal in 8. Not who Rey's parents are but why Ben turned and how Luke might have played a big part in that also. Not necessarily intentionally though....I expect that Rey possibly gaining sympathy for Kylo because of what happened between Luke will be the other surprise. I can also see that as a big surprise to the general audience and even the long time fans.
@Birdwoman

Poster gave us a little bit of a hint that Luke going darker is on the cards.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 24 Apr - 3:17

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 15 May - 7:10

Someone posted an interesting theory on YouTube....while it may or may not be true, it makes some interesting assumptions and I can see it making a good story (though some old fans might disagree)...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 15 May - 13:12

In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept of art of Luke morphing into a Snoke-like creature. I always thought it was odd.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 15 May - 14:26

@Piper Maru wrote:In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept of art of Luke morphing into a Snoke-like creature. I always thought it was odd.
@Piper Maru

Yeah, creepy Luke O_o
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Mon 15 May - 15:51

It would make sense if Snoke were Luke's shadow. I keep hesitating on that because perhaps Leia and Snoke make the more fitting dyad.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Jun - 21:29

The San Diego suburb where Mark Hamill lived for a few years in his childhood is honorarily re-naming a street after him:

http://www.10news.com/entertainment/san-diego-oks-honorary-star-wars-street-name-in-clairemont

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 24 Jun - 11:10

I cannot wait for the next issue of Doctor Aphra to see possessed Luke and his weird interaction with the Vampire Queen.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Jun - 11:15

@panki

OMG it's Rey's mum!

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cnunn on Mon 14 Aug - 15:11

Rian has a really interesting challenge with Luke in TLJ. Since they are really establishing him as being polar opposite from how he was in the EU, they almost have to throw diehard fans a bone of some kind, either with a really awesome lightsaber duel (I'm hoping with Snoke, or at least the Knights of Ren). Either way, my money is on Luke searching for some kind of old Jedi manuscripts on how to defeat Snoke. I really want super-awesome Jedi master Luke to be hiding under the surface of the grumpy old man that he looks to be, lol.

BUT, that doesn't explain the weirdness that he was up to pre-TFA, and in the Bloodline book. Something weird was going on with him, and I'm dying to know what it is.

cnunn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 14 Aug - 16:21

@cnunn wrote:Rian has a really interesting challenge with Luke in TLJ. Since they are really establishing him as being polar opposite from how he was in the EU, they almost have to throw diehard fans a bone of some kind, either with a really awesome lightsaber duel (I'm hoping with Snoke, or at least the Knights of Ren). Either way, my money is on Luke searching for some kind of old Jedi manuscripts on how to defeat Snoke. I really want super-awesome Jedi master Luke to be hiding under the surface of the grumpy old man that he looks to be, lol.

BUT, that doesn't explain the weirdness that he was up to pre-TFA, and in the Bloodline book. Something weird was going on with him, and I'm dying to know what it is.
@cnunn

I agree that there's something "up" with what Luke was up to. It doesn't sound like we're necessarily getting the "Dark Luke" scenario that seemed to be rumored in some quarters, but there has to be something else going on with Luke beyond him being broken and embittered on Ahch-To. A popular theory around here has been that he'd gone fanatical, but about the light side of the Force, and was possibly on a crusade to wipe out darksiders, etc.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum