Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ZioRen on Wed 14 Jun - 16:46

Yep. Based on what I know about game devs, that's exactly the kind of thing they would do. They love putting in little easter eggs or references or generally things that don't belong that they can get away with. Sometimes they even try to get them in the final product!
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1095
Likes : 6895
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 14 Jun - 23:28

I don't think it's a glitch. In fact, them saying it's a glitch makes me think it's significant. If they had said nothing, I wouldn't necessarily think it was meaningful.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 284
Likes : 1040
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ZioRen on Thu 15 Jun - 0:20

A developer addressed it because people asked them about it. If it wasn't a bug and something big got through accidentally, that's when I think they'd say nothing.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1095
Likes : 6895
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by vaderito on Thu 15 Jun - 4:28

People should stop trying to make some things happen. It was obvious that the saber could only be the same one from TFA, no hidden message, spoiler etc.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39515
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 15 Jun - 9:12

Where there any other "bugs" or "glitches"  with any other character? The only glitch is with the most important character in the ST?... Rey's animation had to have been double, triple checked and quadruple checked...by upper management even before this release, especially considering the nature of the mystery box. It ain't a bug it is a feature.

avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2407
Likes : 5558
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 16 Jun - 21:53

Now, something really cute (and evil Twisted Evil )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVadbVRl3xS/

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3746
Likes : 17117
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ZioRen on Fri 16 Jun - 21:56

This reminds me of those blurry pictures of TLJ characters not too long ago and how Kylo's vaguely looked like it may have evil BB-8 in it. It'll be freaking hilarious if he's traveling around with that thing. Maybe it's in his fighter with him! Laughing
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1095
Likes : 6895
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 16 Jun - 21:57

Darth_Awakened wrote:Now, something really cute (and evil Twisted Evil )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVadbVRl3xS/
@Darth_Awakened

Very Happy Evil BB-8!!!

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4624
Likes : 23967
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 16 Jun - 21:59

ZioRen wrote:This reminds me of those blurry pictures of TLJ characters not too long ago and how Kylo's vaguely looked like it may have evil BB-8 in it. It'll be freaking hilarious if he's traveling around with that thing. Maybe it's in his fighter with him! Laughing
@ZioRen

It wouldn't be too far fetched for Kylo to need an astromech droid.
And if Evil BB-8 is Kylo's, do you think there's any chance that Evil BB-8 might meet R2-D2?!?

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4624
Likes : 23967
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 16 Jun - 22:04

I think I'm beginning to ship BB 8 + evil BB 8 ROFL
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 325
Likes : 1301
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Blood Moon on Fri 16 Jun - 22:27

Darth_Awakened wrote:Now, something really cute (and evil Twisted Evil )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVadbVRl3xS/
@Darth_Awakened

This is the perfect combination! Evil & Cute all-in-one. H-beating
avatar
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 106
Likes : 470
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 17 Jun - 2:05

ZioRen wrote:This reminds me of those blurry pictures of TLJ characters not too long ago and how Kylo's vaguely looked like it may have evil BB-8 in it. It'll be freaking hilarious if he's traveling around with that thing. Maybe it's in his fighter with him! Laughing
@ZioRen

I demand touching moments/witty banter between Kylo and evil BB-8 to mirror the scenes of Rey and BB-8 at the beginning of TFA!  I love you
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 853
Likes : 3874
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 17 Jun - 2:12

Someone pointed this out on reddit, and I thought it was potentially interesting.

Poe's current military rank is "commander" with the Resistance.

In one or more of those Lego toys (one of them being one of the Crait sets, if I recall), Poe was listed as "Captain Poe Dameron".

According to wookiepedia (I know, I know), the rank of "captain" is actually below "commander" in the Resistance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_rank_badge

So, I wonder if golden boy Poe actually gets demoted, rather than promoted, in TLJ.

(Perhaps as a result of his clash with Holdo?)

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4624
Likes : 23967
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 17 Jun - 2:30

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Someone pointed this out on reddit, and I thought it was potentially interesting.

Poe's current military rank is "commander" with the Resistance.

In one or more of those Lego toys (one of them being one of the Crait sets, if I recall), Poe was listed as "Captain Poe Dameron".

According to wookiepedia (I know, I know), the rank of "captain" is actually below "commander" in the Resistance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_rank_badge

So, I wonder if golden boy Poe actually gets demoted, rather than promoted, in TLJ.

(Perhaps as a result of his clash with Holdo?)
@ISeeAnIsland

That's interesting. Confus
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 325
Likes : 1301
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 17 Jun - 3:08

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Someone pointed this out on reddit, and I thought it was potentially interesting.

Poe's current military rank is "commander" with the Resistance.

In one or more of those Lego toys (one of them being one of the Crait sets, if I recall), Poe was listed as "Captain Poe Dameron".

According to wookiepedia (I know, I know), the rank of "captain" is actually below "commander" in the Resistance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_rank_badge

So, I wonder if golden boy Poe actually gets demoted, rather than promoted, in TLJ.

(Perhaps as a result of his clash with Holdo?)
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh wow! Either that's a flashback or a demotion ... and I doubt that there will be a flashback of Poe on Crait. They will have enough Ben flashbacks to keep them busy.

Poe is all about being confident and knowing what he's about. This will undercut him. Also, what would make it more powerful would be if Holdo wasn't the one to demote him ... but Leia. Remember Carrie slapped Oscar 27 times.

OMG how I would love that slapping to be about Ben. Very Happy And frankly, I don't know how they get around Finn not telling Poe about Kylo/Ben at some point. And knowing his hero's kid is Kylo will blow his mind. Very Happy
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3478
Likes : 15600
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 17 Jun - 3:46

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Someone pointed this out on reddit, and I thought it was potentially interesting.

Poe's current military rank is "commander" with the Resistance.

In one or more of those Lego toys (one of them being one of the Crait sets, if I recall), Poe was listed as "Captain Poe Dameron".

According to wookiepedia (I know, I know), the rank of "captain" is actually below "commander" in the Resistance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_rank_badge

So, I wonder if golden boy Poe actually gets demoted, rather than promoted, in TLJ.

(Perhaps as a result of his clash with Holdo?)
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh wow! Either that's a flashback or a demotion ... and I doubt that there will be a flashback of Poe on Crait. They will have enough Ben flashbacks to keep them busy.

Poe is all about being confident and knowing what he's about. This will undercut him. Also, what would make it more powerful would be if Holdo wasn't the one to demote him ... but Leia. Remember Carrie slapped Oscar 27 times.

OMG how I would love that slapping to be about Ben. Very Happy And frankly, I don't know how they get around Finn not telling Poe about Kylo/Ben at some point. And knowing his hero's kid is Kylo will blow his mind. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Right? If Rian's starting point for each character was trying to think of the biggest personal challenge that he could throw at them and testing them with that, I think that Poe getting demoted by his mentor/mother figure could certainly fit the bill. I'd forgotten about the "27 slap" scene--good call on that.

I'd love for Leia's slap to be about Ben, but I can't see her demoting Poe over a remark like that. She's a professional--if she demotes Poe, it's because he screwed up badly or disobeyed her direct orders or something of that sort.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4624
Likes : 23967
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by snufkin on Sat 17 Jun - 4:12

Kylo's pretty snide about Poe being the best pilot in the Resistance, so he's clearly a Golden Boy in that movement. Being demoted and having his status undermined would be a setback for him given his reputation.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5884
Likes : 25041
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 17 Jun - 4:24

I agree @Iseeanisland.  She won't demote him for speaking out about Kylo/Ben. She won't demote him in the same context of the slap either, but it will all be part of the larger relationship testing. I can't wait for all the gasps in the theatre when some of this stuff happens. Very Happy
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3478
Likes : 15600
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by vaderito on Sat 17 Jun - 4:58

Poe is Poe in the Lego set with Holdo (resistance cruiser, presumed first or second act of the movie) and Captain Poe in the Crait Lego set (presumed third act). Jason said that Poe was the leader of the Resistance fleet if you could call that a fleet. And then Holdo brought in the big guns. So if he was a Commander in TFA and TLJ before Holdo arrival, Captain could indeed be a demotion and thus how Poe is challenged in this movie. Cause his challenge can only be career-related.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39515
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 17 Jun - 5:51

SoloSideCousin wrote:I agree @Iseeanisland.  She won't demote him for speaking out about Kylo/Ben. She won't demote him in the same context of the slap either, but it will all be part of the larger relationship testing. I can't wait for all the gasps in the theatre when some of this stuff happens. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

No, I can't see it being about her son either, Leia isn't one to put her personal feelings ahead of her leadership.

Let's face it, she knew her son was on Starkiller even as she gave orders to destroy it Sad
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1999
Likes : 8150
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by panki on Sat 17 Jun - 6:09

Poe could get demoted for bringing Finn to the resistance base in TFA which the FO could have used to track the base somehow, whih might result in the base being attacked in episode 8...they've never explained how Hux found out the system where the base was located. This gives both Finn and Poe the challenge of clearing their names- hence the secret mission.

Also, in SW, the rank of Captain is senior to that of Commander in some divisions so it could be a promotion, not a demotion....or he might initially get thrown out of the resistance and be called Captain since he has his own ship (like Han Solo was called Captain when he was a smuggler)...and he returns from Yavin in his mother's old A-wing (which has been spotted) to save the resistance on Crait.

Then regarding Poe's arc only being career related, it doesn't explain the ring and chain around his neck which is even visible in the VF shoot pictures.... there is definitely something of his personal life being brought up...it would be a good way to introduce the force tree on his farm.

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 17 Jun - 6:21

panki wrote:Poe could get demoted for bringing Finn to the resistance base in TFA which the FO could have used to track the base somehow, whih might result in the base being attacked in episode 8...they've never explained how Hux found out the system where the base was located. This gives both Finn and Poe the challenge of clearing their names- hence the secret mission.

Also, in SW, the rank of Captain is senior to that of Commander in some divisions so it could be a promotion, not a demotion....or he might initially get thrown out of the resistance and be called Captain since he has his own ship (like Han Solo was called Captain when he was a smuggler)...and he returns from Yavin in his mother's old A-wing (which has been spotted) to save the resistance on Crait.

Then regarding Poe's arc only being career related, it doesn't explain the ring and chain around his neck which is even visible in the VF shoot pictures.... there is definitely something of his personal life being brought up...it would be a good way to introduce the force tree on his farm.
@panki

I thought that Hux tracked Snap Wexley's reconnaissance flight when Snap went to check out SKB and then tailed Snap back to D'Qar. I haven't seen TFA in a while but I think there was a subtle link established when both the Resistance and Hux mention reconnaissance flights.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3478
Likes : 15600
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Kyla Ren on Sat 17 Jun - 6:54

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:Poe could get demoted for bringing Finn to the resistance base in TFA which the FO could have used to track the base somehow, whih might result in the base being attacked in episode 8...they've never explained how Hux found out the system where the base was located. This gives both Finn and Poe the challenge of clearing their names- hence the secret mission.

Also, in SW, the rank of Captain is senior to that of Commander in some divisions so it could be a promotion, not a demotion....or he might initially get thrown out of the resistance and be called Captain since he has his own ship (like Han Solo was called Captain when he was a smuggler)...and he returns from Yavin in his mother's old A-wing (which has been spotted) to save the resistance on Crait.

Then regarding Poe's arc only being career related, it doesn't explain the ring and chain around his neck which is even visible in the VF shoot pictures.... there is definitely something of his personal life being brought up...it would be a good way to introduce the force tree on his farm.
@panki

I thought that Hux tracked Snap Wexley's reconnaissance flight when Snap went to check out SKB and then tailed Snap back to D'Qar. I haven't seen TFA in a while but I think there was a subtle link established when both the Resistance and Hux mention reconnaissance flights.
@SoloSideCousin

In the script Hux says, "We have their location. We tracked their reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium system."  I didn't know Wexley was the one who flew the ship, though.  That's interesting.
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 1843
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by vaderito on Sat 17 Jun - 7:14

ha,ha, ha, Wexely screwed up! I hate that character in Aftermath books, always skipped his chapters.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39515
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by panki on Sat 17 Jun - 8:10

@SoloSideCousin ...it was never established that Snap Wexley flew the reconnaissance ship....infact normally Poe ran reconnaissance if we go by the Poe Dameron comics and their ships are constantly checked for FO trackers...also, Hux knew where the base was located after the Takodana castle battle scene (Finn was taken to the base at this time) so there could easily be a link between Finn landing on the resistance base and the FO locating them...maybe the FO tags its stormtroopers in some way to prevent their escape since they are brainwashed child soldiers.

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum