Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 10 Jul - 17:56

vaderito wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
now that he's found Rey,
@Moonlight13

Sounds so romantic. He was a heartless pimp until he found rey. That changed him and his life. Snoke dies for Rey at the end of IX, transforms into a beautiful prince. Take that to the bank.

@vaderito

Not what I intended to say but I think I like it more that way. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Sney!!! cheers lol!
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Jul - 18:42

Moonlight13 wrote:

Not what I intended to say but I think I like it more that way. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Sney!!! cheers lol!
@Moonlight13

LOL, I wanted to post images of famously UST movie couples that Sney will obliterate and then realized that Reylo is the greatest UST couple since Skate (Kate/Sawyer, LOST). if they were only allowed to be that passionate too. Like, seriously SW, you have to broach the subject of sex.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 10 Jul - 18:52

vaderito wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:  

@Moonlight13

LOL, I wanted to post images of famously UST movie couples that Sney will obliterate and then realized that Reylo is the greatest UST couple since Skate (Kate/Sawyer, LOST). if they were only allowed to be that passionate too. Like, seriously SW, you have to broach the subject of sex.
@vaderito

Who knows? I've seen so many things in supposedly "suitable for all audiences" soap operas... lol!  But this is Disney so I don't think so. Laughing
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Jul - 19:12

@moonlight13

Disney gave us:

Twisted Evil
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 10 Jul - 19:21

I think we can safely say that we're not only the only fans who are having fun with the (heresy!) Dark Luke theory, but having tangential discussions about Elmore Leonard and John Sayles.

Also as much as I try to avoid Internet conspiracy theories given the current climate, but "noted Star Wars expert" at least sounds plausible. Although Mike Zeroh looks exactly like the Coven/American Movie dude.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 10 Jul - 19:22

@vaderito
Well... It seems they are getting bolder lately... Laughing I guess that's a good sign. Wink
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 10 Jul - 19:23

@Vaderito that one there is in my top five favorite love scenes of all time. I don't recall PoTC's audience rating, but it couldn't have been higher than PG-13, which matches the ST. Star Wars has never done loves scenes so I'm not getting my hopes up for one, but if they do this is the way to do it. The true nature goes over children's heads while the adults firmly grasp what's going on. This is an example of how to convey so much while sharing so little. The best part is that it allows the imagination to run wild.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Jul - 19:45

Moonlight13 wrote:@vaderito
Well... It seems they are getting bolder lately...
@Moonlight13

That "lately" is from 10 years ago.  lol! Any other bold&beautiful Disney examples in the meantime?

@IoJovi Agreed. That's how you do a non-sex sex scene. Adults understand while kids don't but can follow what's going on without that detail, doesn't confuse them. Like this:

or this:

Twisted Evil
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 10 Jul - 19:53

vaderito wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:@vaderito
Well... It seems they are getting bolder lately...
@Moonlight13

That "lately" is from 10 years ago.  lol! Any other bold&beautiful Disney examples in the meantime?

@IoJovi Agreed. That's how you do a non-sex sex scene. Adults understand while kids don't but can follow what's going on without that detail, doesn't confuse them. Like this:

or this:

Twisted Evil
@vaderito

I like the last one. Twisted Evil
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 10 Jul - 20:44

I had more or less the same NorCal small town Methodist upbringing as George Lucas and even as a kid I figured from Bespin onwards (and especially there), Han and Leia were screwing each other's brains out. And he flat out propositions her in the deleted part of their Echo Basr hallway fight.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 10 Jul - 20:53

snufkin wrote:I had more or less the same NorCal small town Methodist upbringing as George Lucas and even as a kid I figured from Bespin onwards (and especially there), Han and Leia were screwing each other's brains out. And he flat out propositions her in the deleted part of their Echo Basr hallway fight.
@snufkin

yeah, I figured out that most will they/won't they with characters invading each other's private space is a metaphor for sex. Like, they aren't doing it but they are so doing it. especially when the lady protests too much.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 11 Jul - 5:14

It could also account for why Kylo looks so ill in TLJ although I still think it's due to the psychological toll of killing his father.

But I wonder....if Snoke ends up inhabiting Luke for some reason instead? That would give a good reason for Luke becoming the 'villain' without upsetting Luke fans.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 11 Jul - 5:38

Oh that gif of Kylo laying on the ground, that reminds me of something, but it's not the times I've witnessed fights. I don't think I've ever seen anybody on the ground after a fight moaning out the name of their opponent and licking their lips.

As for Han and Leia, if it were a space opera that was more like our world, Mon Mothma would've told Leia that there was nothing wrong with getting some NSA to blow off the stress of fighting a rebellion against space facists, the whole whatever happened at Ord Mantell would've involved hooking up after the bounty hunter incident, and then Leia trying to act afterwards like what happens in Ord Mantell stays in Ord Mantell.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 11 Jul - 7:22

vaderito wrote:@moonlight13

Disney gave us:

Twisted Evil
@vaderito

I'm asexual and that scene was the biggest turn on in cinema.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 11 Jul - 8:03

D23 is this weekend right? Will we be getting a trailer?
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 11 Jul - 12:34

Rei of Sunshine wrote:D23 is this weekend right? Will we be getting a trailer?
@Rei of Sunshine

You know what? I'm sick of freakin secrecy. Rian could have said whether something is coming up or not in his tweet announcing that he's going. I bet Marvel will make announcements before the date to hype fans like they always do.

@motherofpearl1 Imagine that with Rey and Kylo.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 11 Jul - 12:38

Rei of Sunshine wrote:D23 is this weekend right? Will we be getting a trailer?
@Rei of Sunshine

I'd say the chances are 50/50. I'm not getting my hopes up to be honest.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 11 Jul - 12:56

Afraid I'm with you there. Crying or Very sad Mad
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 11 Jul - 13:18

vaderito wrote:You know what? I'm sick of freakin secrecy. Rian could have said whether something is coming up or not in his tweet announcing that he's going. I bet Marvel will make announcements before the date to hype fans like they always do.

Right?
I just don´t get why this film has been so secretive! I still think they are not promoting it enough. Neutral

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 11 Jul - 13:34

I've sad this before, but with all of these gates is it in the least bit weird that I'm not really looking forward to an actual trailer that will potentially be full of red herrings? That sounds awful I know, but with the VF debacle my faith in straightforward marketing went downhill fast. Don't get me wrong - the material released at SWC was nothing short of spectacular (sad, forlorn Kylo, evil looking Luke, Kylo's smashed mask). That's probably why VF hit me like a brick truck - I expected these great tidbits to keep coming.

I still have faith in the actual story direction - that hasn't been taken from me. But I can't help but remember this is the same marketing team that gave us Jedi Finn prior to TFA being released...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 11 Jul - 13:50

I honestly don't think TFA marketing was so full of red herrings.

Yes, they made Finn wield the lightsaber, but the fact is that in the movie he was the first character to use it. The marketing was not lying. The whole "Finn is a Jedi!" was pure fan speculation and wishful thinking. And they were pretty honest with Finn's journey. The basically spoiled all his character development in trailers: he is a stormtrooper who got tired, left and joined the Resistance.

Rey didn't show any signs of Force sensitivity in the trailer and she's holding her staff instead of her saber. Yes, well, because for 80% of the movie she didn't even know she had powers. And she also rejected her call to adventure, all she wanted was to go back to Jakku. And she keeps her staff with her even going to Ahch-To. No lies either.

The marketing didn't show any signs of Rey and Kylo's interactions. Well, of course not, since their three scenes (Takodana, Interrogation and Duel) are plot points and supposed to surprise you when you watch the movie.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 11 Jul - 13:54

IoJovi wrote:I've sad this before, but with all of these gates is it in the least bit weird that I'm not really looking forward to an actual trailer that will potentially be full of red herrings? That sounds awful I know, but with the VF debacle my faith in straightforward marketing went downhill fast. Don't get me wrong - the material released at SWC was nothing short of spectacular (sad, forlorn Kylo, evil looking Luke, Kylo's smashed mask). That's probably why VF hit me like a brick truck - I expected these great tidbits to keep coming.

I still have faith in the actual story direction - that hasn't been taken from me. But I can't help but remember this is the same marketing team that gave us Jedi Finn prior to TFA being released...
@IoJovi

I feel similar regarding upcoming D23. I'am not so worried about the potential new material itself - because if there's soomething I'am dead sure of, it's the omission of the potential BIG spoiler plot points.
I'am more worried of negativity that we were drowned in becuase of VF debacle.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 11 Jul - 13:58

Piper Maru wrote:I honestly don't think TFA marketing was so full of red herrings.

Yes, they made Finn wield the lightsaber, but the fact is that in the movie, he was the first character to use it. The marketing was not lying. The whole "Finn is a Jedi!" was pure fan speculation and wishful thinking. And they were pretty honest with Finn's journey. The basically spoiled all his character development in trailers: he is a stormtrooper who got tired, left and joined the Resistance.

Rey didn't show any signs of Force sensitivity in the trailer and she's holding her staff instead of her saber. Yes, well, because for 80% of the movie she didn't even know she had powers. And she also rejected her call to adventure, all she wanted was to go back to Jakku. And she keeps her staff with her even going to Ahch-To. No lies either.

The marketing didn't show any signs of Rey and Kylo's interactions. Well, of course not, since their three scenes (Takodana, Interrogation and Duel) are each one of them plot points of the movie and supposed to surprise you when you watch the movie.
@Piper Maru

I see what you are saying, but I still disagree.  They have to know that 95% of the audience associates Jedi with light sabers, even if in TFA it shows that anyone can use it.  I can see why they did it, and I suppose it makes for an interesting twist when you actually see the film.  I wasn't invested in Jedi Finn either way, so it didn't really matter to me.  However, as invested as I am in the Reylo concept, I'm not going to enjoy five more months of rollercoaster should they choose to do this the second time around.

@Darth_Awakened Same! Hopefully the material will be fine but if we get any red herrings, like Luke and Rey seeming to be the perfect father-daughter reunion, I'll tell you I won't be excited about it. VF seemed to even pull towards that, even if we know for a fact that's not the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 11 Jul - 14:12

@IoJovi

I understand you, but one thing I'm sure of is that their secrecy around Kylo and how they never talk about his interactions with Rey is relevant. Again, their interactions are going to be plot points of the movie. Think about it: it would be very easy to say "Rey kicked Kylo's a** and now he's angry". It's a fact, it happened in the climax of the movie, everyone saw it. They can't lie (which is different to "misdirect"), so they won't show anything.

And don't worry about Rey and Luke. They're doing the same thing they did with Finn during TFA (the whole "stormtrooper deflects" concept that they promoted). We already know there's going to be a training session but different from ESB and we know that Rey is going to be disappointed. We're going to the theater with these two things in mind. If they were plot points, we would not know about them.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 11 Jul - 14:20

vaderito wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Got a very good feeling about this.
There's a theory going around that Snoke can'body jump'....just a theory, but maybe he 'jumps' into Luke and that's how Luke becomes a 'bad guy'.
@motherofpearl1

So when that happens, Luke will dress like a pimp?

@vaderito

Holy s***! Why do I have this image of mad haunted Luke in mind right now Question

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 11 Jul - 14:42; edited 1 time in total

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum