Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by WhatGirl on Tue 11 Jul - 20:37

@Tex wrote:
@Vaderito wrote:he called the signal 'some origin of the Force, some dark presence made of malevolent substance".

Gee that's ominous. If Snoke is this malevolent presence and has somehow attached his life force to Kylo I could see why Luke would think that they need to kill Kylo. He could think it's the only way to save him or get rid of Snoke altogether.
@Tex

It got pointed out by someone on another board that Snoke appears to be weakened and out of breath during the scene when he tells Hux to come to him with Kylo Ren. Given that Snoke does not appear to even be in the vicinity and Kylo is the one who is badly injured at that moment, it's a pretty interesting connection. On the other hand, I wonder why Snoke would tell Rey to kill Kylo if his life force is indeed somehow tied to him.

I agree with @nonesuch's theory that Luke telling Rey to kill Kylo will probably be more about severing their "mysterious connection". I can see Rey and Kylo communicating through that bond, perhaps in secret, early on in the film before they meet in person again. Then when Luke finally finds out, he tells her that she must break that connection (by killing him).
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 11 Jul - 21:22

Someone asked Pablo if Snoke was the presence Palpatine sensed in the Unknown Regions. He says we don't have enough information to make that call at the moment https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/883862191136362496 This doesn't rule it out, of course, but I'm kind of with those who feel there's something else either above Snoke or unconnected to him but more powerful and evil. I guess it could all come down to Snoke once we know more about him, as I'll admit the whole gold bling aesthetic is throwing me off a bit. Pablo does say that he's got some miles on the clock so him being an ancient evil isn't out of the question https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/881379485458628608
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Tue 11 Jul - 21:34

@WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex wrote:
@Vaderito wrote:he called the signal 'some origin of the Force, some dark presence made of malevolent substance".

Gee that's ominous. If Snoke is this malevolent presence and has somehow attached his life force to Kylo I could see why Luke would think that they need to kill Kylo. He could think it's the only way to save him or get rid of Snoke altogether.
@Tex

It got pointed out by someone on another board that Snoke appears to be weakened and out of breath during the scene when he tells Hux to come to him with Kylo Ren. Given that Snoke does not appear to even be in the vicinity and Kylo is the one who is badly injured at that moment, it's a pretty interesting connection. On the other hand, I wonder why Snoke would tell Rey to kill Kylo if his life force is indeed somehow tied to him.

I agree with @nonesuch's theory that Luke telling Rey to kill Kylo will probably be more about severing their "mysterious connection". I can see Rey and Kylo communicating through that bond, perhaps in secret, early on in the film before they meet in person again. Then when Luke finally finds out, he tells her that she must break that connection (by killing him).
@WhatGirl

That's good a theory too. God, we really are missing too many of the puzzle pieces still. It could play out in a lot of different scenarios.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I think Snoke's gold bling aesthetic threw a lot of us off.
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 11 Jul - 23:34

@WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex wrote:

@Tex

@WhatGirl

At bolded,it isn't uncommon for body hoppers/evil influencers to jump from one 'host' to another when the first died. And sometimes it is even required for the host to be killed by the next one.

The body isn't the source of the evil power- but some other object or even the original body. That is what must be destroyed.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 11 Jul - 23:43

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Tex wrote:

@Tex

@WhatGirl

At bolded,it isn't uncommon for body hoppers/evil influencers to jump from one 'host' to another when the first died. And sometimes it is even required for the host to be killed by the next one.

The body isn't the source of the evil power- but some other object or even the original body. That is what must be destroyed.
@Moonjump05

Yes, and following up on this, if Luke really has gone bad .... like horror movie bad, like those Art of TFA @piper maru posted, I think that it will be due to exposure to a tainted object. There is just too much with objects jn the ST.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Wed 12 Jul - 0:30

@WhatGirl

I think it was me that came up with that theory. I posted it here: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t486p650-archive-discussion-spoilers-rumors-14#114159 and also mentioned it in the SWC Luke podcast.

Anyway I really hope this happens. It's the only way I see the Luke and Rey confrontation come to a full head.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tex on Wed 12 Jul - 20:19

@vaderito

OMG that hood is hilarious. Also Kylo's scar must be the size of a paper cut. I'm not seeing it on that action figure. Laughing
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Wed 12 Jul - 20:43

Kylo kinda looks like he's trying to placate someone. "It isn't what it looks like!" It's a date box.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 12 Jul - 20:49

In this situation, Ken has way more hair styling accessories than Barbie ever will.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 12 Jul - 20:56

OMG, that is a must have, TFA or TLJ - doesn't matter.  I LOVE his hood.  It's about as extra as he is... Laughing

And they have posable hands. Imagine the fun I could have with that....

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 12 Jul - 20:57

I need these dolls. I don't think there is anyone from this forum going or else I'd put them up to take my order Laughing

Wish Kylo had real hair, but since he's Ken they just painted it on.

I mean honestly, this isn't even subtle anymore. Both of their names are on the box too. That's hot.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 12 Jul - 21:00

@Xylo Ren wrote:I need these dolls. I don't think there is anyone from this forum going or else I'd put them up to take my order Laughing

Wish Kylo had real hair, but since he's Ken they just painted it on.

I mean honestly, this isn't even subtle anymore. Both of their names are on the box too. That's hot.
@Xylo Ren

Right?!?! I'm by no means the collector that you are, but my god I need these in my life. They'll only be available at D23?!!?!

Kylo really does look like he's trying to convince Rey of something in that pose. The possibilities with that one are endless... Laughing

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 12 Jul - 21:26

Okay. Every episode starts with an action sequence so D'Qar is opening. We see Kylo in battle mode (hAWTT) and FinnRose meet.

Meanwhile Rey is on Ahch-to with Luke. Second Act Kylo gets there. Stuff happens.

Third Act they all go to Crait except Kylo, who is MIA.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 12 Jul - 21:27

@vaderito wrote:Does anyone know if any reylos anywhere are attending D23? Cause it seems like anything that they show won't be released in public. Meaning, we have to rely on whatever people remember and how they remember it. I bet that all attention by the attendants will be on Luke again. What he does, who cares about other characters.

@Tex It's a TFA box. Rey is just wearing her Resistance clothes but Kylo is in TFA costume. No scar yet.
@vaderito

At least one of the Who Talks First podcast hosts (and they are both Reylos) will be there, if I was hearing their podcast correctly. I'm not sure whether they are on this forum, but I bet they will put what they think on their podcast. Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 12 Jul - 21:41

Hrm, wonder if the battle is a chance for Kylo to give the FO the slip and head off to Ache-to in the chaos? Or will this be another "F**k gotta get outta her 'cause Mom's coming" type situation like what happened on Takodana?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 12 Jul - 22:08

But if he's all patched up and ready to fight in the beginning of the movie, does that mean there might not be a healing-droid-scene after all?
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 12 Jul - 22:17

@vaderito wrote:beginning is a lose word. I meant first act. Cause we know that there will be the following things before the attack:

Finn wakes up, is still recuperating but finds out he's popular. Rose likes him. Rose and Paige will have some scene. Poe trains Paige.

Kylo is recuperating. is scolded by Snoke, likely shares a scene or two with Hux.

So, no attack won't start within seconds from the opening crawl.
@vaderito

Hmm, good point. I guess I just compared it too much with TFA's beginning - oh look dem pretty stars, oh DAMN what the hell flying pizza, and boom attack.

Also I just checked out the pictures of the leak on reddit and the biggest mystery left now is definitely WHY IS THERE A BLACK BB-DROID IN THE SET WITH KYLO AND HIS TIE? WILL HE GET HIS OWN ROLLING BUDDY? OMG I MUST KNOW. Jumping
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 12 Jul - 22:22

If Kylo is involved in the D'Qar attack, perhaps that's how he gets a hold of the map to Ahch-To.

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum