The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 8:16

So in light of the spoiler drought and all the gates we’ve weathered lately, I thought a kind of diversionary analytical thread on the Official SW Spotify playlists might be fun.

I was reminded of the playlists by either @”Darth Ren” or @”Reylo1992” a day or two ago, and I was really happy to hear about them again, because I had always found them very interesting as they seemed fairly spoilerish, or at least somewhat accurate in describing the characters, sometimes down to very subtle traits.  However, back when they first came out, we didn’t really know who chose them.  But now it looks like LF Marketing curates the lists according to a Matt Martin tweet.  (Thank you @meadowforashes!)

So, if LF does create the lists, I think that there is a minor spoilerish aspect to them, or at least a kind of “messaging” aspect in that LF wants people to listen to individual character playlists and get a certain impression about the character as a result.

Of course, we will never know why certain songs were chosen.  Was it just for the title? Or for just a segment of lyrics? For an overall feeling? Who knows?  But we do analysis so well, so I thought that while we get through these lean times, we can put up whatever song we want to, about whatever character from the official SW Spotify list, and just bounce around what kind of messaging LF might have wanted to send out by picking that particular song.

I am no music expert by any means, but I do think that we look at these songs like any other work of expression and just give our take on it.  I hope that some people will participate in this, because it might be really fun if we can see a number of different interpretations for a particular song, and that in turn might be a nice little creative activity.

So here goes, I’ll get the ball rolling.   I listened to much of the Kylo playlist yesterday while going through my closets and drawers to give things to charity, and I came out of it thinking that our group sees Kylo very much as LF intends us to, as very complex, capable, damaged, sensitive, guilty, misguided, ill-used and with capacity for love and on and on.  I could have picked any number of songs, but I think that I will start with Satellite by Rise Against  because it points to one of my very favorite headcanons, namely, Rey and Kylo running away and going rogue.

Rise Against Lyrics


"Satellite"

You can't feel the heat until you hold your hand over the flame
You have to cross the line just to remember where it lays
You won't know your worth now, son, until you take a hit
And you won't find the beat until you lose yourself in it


[Chorus:]
That's why we won't back down
We won't run and hide
Yeah, 'cause these are the things that we can't deny
I'm passing over you like a satellite
So catch me if I fall
That's why we stick to your game plans and party lines
But at night we're conspiring by candlelight
We are the orphans of the American dream
So shine your light on me

You can't fill your cup until you empty all it has
You can't understand what lays ahead
If you don't understand the past
You'll never learn to fly now
'Til you're standing at the cliff
And you can't truly love until you've given up on it


[Chorus:]
That's why we won't back down
We won't run and hide
Yeah, 'cause these are the things that we can't deny
I'm passing over you like a satellite
So catch me if I fall
That's why we stick to your game plans and party lines
But at night we're conspiring by candlelight
We are the orphans of the American dream
So shine your light on me


She told me that she never could face the world again
So I offered up a plan

[2x]
We'll sneak out while they sleep
And sail off in the night.
We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.
When we're gone we'll stay gone.
Out of sight, out of mind.
It's not too late,
We have the rest of our lives.

The rest of our lives


[Chorus:]
Because we won't back down
We won't run and hide
Yeah, 'cause these are the things that we can't deny
I'm passing over you like a satellite
So catch me if I fall
That's why we stick to your game plans and party lines
But at night we're conspiring by candlelight
We are the orphans of the American dream
So shine your light on me (shine your light on me)

No, we won't back down
We won't run and hide
Yeah, 'cause these are the things that we can't deny (shine your light on me)
I'm passing over you like a satellite
'Cause these are the things that we can't deny now
This is a life that you can't deny us now


Songwriters: Brandon Barnes / Joseph Principe / Timothy Mcilrath / Zach Blair
Satellite lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC



I think the first two bolded sections indicate a couple of things.  The first impression I get is that "have to hit rock bottom" and/or "have to be pushed to extremes" in order to get clarity.  I think this definitely fits with Kylo because the character seems to have gone to such a nihilistic place, where he doesn't have a face or a real identity anymore.  I really like the "And you can't truly love until you've given up on it" line because I have always seen something very despairing and hopeless about him.  This could also be interpreted in that "wake up call" sense, in that he may have given up any thought of connection or love with her after she slashed his face to perhaps in VIII, having been brought so low, he can start to look at things like love in way less tainted by his demons, anger, goals, pain, etc., that he may able to see and experience love in a much clearer way.

I also think that the second bolded section could point to Rey in particular.  First I think with the "empty out your cup" she will be forced to give up a lot of preconceived notions and hopes (such as for her parents) when she learns the reality of things, particularly about the past, not just her own but Ben's.  I also think the "You'll never learn to fly now
'Til you're standing at the cliff"
part doesn't just point to her moment of "force truth" at the cliff, but could be predictive of her having a number of "do or die" and/or "face yourself" moments with the force as she moves forward.

Finally I think that the first two paragraphs could point to both of them having to go to intense places with the force, that they will need to "cross lines", iow, touch both the dark and light to fully understand and this might fit with the new impression of the force that I think TLJ will provide.

I found the third bolded to be interesting because that could point to Kylo's separate agenda and how he wants Rey to be in it with him ("You need a teacher") and how somehow it goes against TPTB (Snoke (and maybe Luke) in this case).

The fourth bolded section is just all kinds of awesome because this points to the runaway, rogue scenario, where they both leave their masters and live the rest of their lives together and on their own terms.  Both have been ill-used by authority figures.  She on Jakku, and he with Snoke, and I am pretty sure Luke.  I just love the idea of these two damaged people running off to create their own lives with each other.

So I find it very interesting that LF marketing picked a song for Kylo where the main character (and maybe his girlfriend) have to go through baptisms by fire for clarity, that he and his girlfriend have secret plans against the status quo and that he and his girlfriend run from TPTB to make the most of the rest of their lives together.

IOW, he and she kind of go through hell.  With the "party line" bit, both have "grinned and beared it" to the extreme, but in the end they are truly rebellious and wanting to go to a whole new place and want nothing to do with those previous "masters".

avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by guardienne on Sun 25 Jun - 17:57

i think i tried to listen to the kylo ren playlist way back when and it's just not my kind of music overall. which is why i made my own Wink https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/mart.seid/playlist/25kHC2mM82dUtqLR1NQqcE

i felt there was a tendency to use emo and american rock in general. to illustrate how emo he is? i kinda feel 'emo' is often used dismissively when teenagers feel like wearing black or whatever. and it looked like they were being dimissive of the character? anyway, maybe this'd be different for someone who likes this sort of music. i know i'm probably sounding dismissive as well and i apologise. but i just don't see the character as having all these supposedly unjustified traumata. it's like when people dismiss 'i'm being torn apart' and i think, but realistically, for that universe, he wouldn't say that unless he felt it and that can be taken serious.


Last edited by guardienne on Sun 25 Jun - 18:04; edited 1 time in total
avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3129
Likes : 6299
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 25 Jun - 18:04

I'm just amazed that they didn't use Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" on Kylo's playlist because to me, that's pretty much the Kylo-est song to ever Kylo.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4321
Likes : 22391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by guardienne on Sun 25 Jun - 18:06

@iseeanisland

indeed. but all of the ones that i think of are more 'grown-up' music. the official playlist is all flaling youngsters (in my ear).
avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3129
Likes : 6299
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 18:31

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm just amazed that they didn't use Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" on Kylo's playlist because to me, that's pretty much the Kylo-est song to ever Kylo.
@ISeeAnIsland

That is a really good point. That would certainly fit a certain aspect of Kylo that a lot of us see. One reason they may not have chosen it was because the coupling of the "beating of the wounds" scene and some of the earlier lyrics might point to self-harm more than the marketing yeam wants to.

But I think even more likely might be the impression that they are trying to convey is that Kylo is not quite that done yet. I mean there is a ton of guilt and angst and pain in the songs, but there is also a lot of fight and rebellion and angst love of the girl in them too, which all indicate a level of hope. Maybe "Hurt" is too resigned in it's hopelessness for Kylo yet?

They have assigned a ton a Johnny Cash to Han. That's interesting with him being "the man in black" and all. I haven't listened to Han's list yet, but it doesn't look like there is an Ace Venturaesque song in sight. Very Happy
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 25 Jun - 18:44

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm just amazed that they didn't use Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" on Kylo's playlist because to me, that's pretty much the Kylo-est song to ever Kylo.
@ISeeAnIsland

That is a really good point. That would certainly fit a certain aspect of Kylo that a lot of us see. One reason they may not have chosen it was because the coupling of the "beating of the wounds" scene and some of the earlier lyrics might point to self-harm more than the marketing yeam wants to.

But I think even more likely might be the impression that they are trying to convey is that Kylo is not quite that done yet. I mean there is a ton of guilt and angst and pain in the songs, but there is also a lot of fight and rebellion and angst love of the girl in them too, which all indicate a level of hope. Maybe "Hurt" is too resigned in it's hopelessness for Kylo yet?

They have assigned a ton a Johnny Cash to Han. That's interesting with him being "the man in black" and all. I haven't listened to Han's list yet, but it doesn't look like there is an Ace Venturaesque song in sight. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

That's a really good point. And to be fair, that song took on a whole other level of pain/beauty when Johnny Cash covered it (vs. the NIN original)...which is interesting when you think about how Johnny Cash had a lifetime of addiction and its effects behind him at that point, whereas Trent Reznor was struggling with the early years of addiction when he wrote the lyrics.

Keeping that in mind, there is a NIN song on Kylo's playlist--"The Hand that Feeds". It's not necessarily one of NIN's more iconic songs, but wow, look at these lyrics:

Trent Reznor - NIN wrote:
Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

What if this whole crusade's
A charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood
On which we dine
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine

You'll have a hard time convincing me that the marketing people who put together these lists weren't at least given character sketches/personas to work from in putting these together.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4321
Likes : 22391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 18:51

guardienne wrote:@iseeanisland

indeed. but all of the ones that i think of are more 'grown-up' music. the official playlist is all flaling youngsters (in my ear).
@guardienne

I don't know, I definitely don't claim an ounce of music wisdom or coolness, but a lot of those songs moved me and said "Kylo" to me. Like I told @Darth Dementor in another thread, I am purely instinctual with music.

Also, wouldn't a certain amount of infantilization be appropriate? We've talked about him being abused and infantilized by Snoke. We don't know what happened with Luke yet, but whatever it was,  I think it was dysfunctional to say the least. He's hiding behind a persona identity. He has rage attacks. They made up AD to look very young, and Kylo/Ben has always been in the shadow of his master's and hero parents. IOW, he has not really become his true self or his own man yet, so perhaps some of the immaturity actually works.

Also, by comparison with the Anakin list, they might be giving Kylo a leg up in maturity, as Anakin's first song is "What's My Age Again?" Lol. And that would fit because IMO Kylo is more mature than Anakin ever was, lol.


Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 18:58

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm just amazed that they didn't use Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" on Kylo's playlist because to me, that's pretty much the Kylo-est song to ever Kylo.
@ISeeAnIsland

That is a really good point. That would certainly fit a certain aspect of Kylo that a lot of us see. One reason they may not have chosen it was because the coupling of the "beating of the wounds" scene and some of the earlier lyrics might point to self-harm more than the marketing yeam wants to.

But I think even more likely might be the impression that they are trying to convey is that Kylo is not quite that done yet. I mean there is a ton of guilt and angst and pain in the songs, but there is also a lot of fight and rebellion and angst love of the girl in them too, which all indicate a level of hope. Maybe "Hurt" is too resigned in it's hopelessness for Kylo yet?

They have assigned a ton a Johnny Cash to Han. That's interesting with him being "the man in black" and all. I haven't listened to Han's list yet, but it doesn't look like there is an Ace Venturaesque song in sight. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

That's a really good point. And to be fair, that song took on a whole other level of pain/beauty when Johnny Cash covered it (vs. the NIN original)...which is interesting when you think about how Johnny Cash had a lifetime of addiction and its effects behind him at that point, whereas Trent Reznor was struggling with the early years of addiction when he wrote the lyrics.

Keeping that in mind, there is a NIN song on Kylo's playlist--"The Hand that Feeds". It's not necessarily one of NIN's more iconic songs, but wow, look at these lyrics:

Trent Reznor - NIN wrote:
Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

What if this whole crusade's
A charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood
On which we dine
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine

You'll have a hard time convincing me that the marketing people who put together these lists weren't at least given character sketches/personas to work from in putting these together.
@ISeeAnIsland

YES!!!! That choice was amazing! It shows the doubt, the being under the bad master, the hint at the different agenda that might lead to betrayal. No average GA "he's gonna get eviler and eviler" person would have picked this in a million years, lol. I agree, it definitely seems like the marketing person got at least some kind of character outline ... which is awesome, because it points to serious rebellious thoughts.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Helix on Sun 25 Jun - 19:01

I actually listen to some of the bands on his playlist and to me, I prefer those types of music ( even ones with yelling ) because they seem so much more genuine in their emotions and emotional impact then near emotionless droning of other genres. Kylo also feels like a very modern character and more modern music seems to fit the sensibilities of his character, again, to me.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2579
Likes : 10105
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Helix on Sun 25 Jun - 19:05

Helix wrote:I actually listen to some of the bands on his playlist and to me, I prefer those types of music ( even ones with yelling ) because they seem so much more genuine in their emotions and emotional impact then near emotionless droning of other genres. Kylo also feels like a very modern character and more modern music seems to fit the sensibilities of his character, again, to me.
@Helix

I'm actually a big fan of one of the band's on there and it's very modern and kinda sappy, but I love it a lot:



If they wanted to be super shippy they could've put in on there, I think it would've been a little fitting. Razz
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2579
Likes : 10105
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 19:11

Helix wrote:
Helix wrote:I actually listen to some of the bands on his playlist and to me, I prefer those types of music ( even ones with yelling ) because they seem so much more genuine in their emotions and emotional impact then near emotionless droning of other genres. Kylo also feels like a very modern character and more modern music seems to fit the sensibilities of his character, again, to me.
@Helix

I'm actually a big fan of one of the band's on there and it's very modern and kinda sappy, but I love it a lot:



If they wanted to be super shippy they could've put in on there, I think it would've been a little fitting. Razz
@Helix

The song they did put in there is very shippy too. I will need to listen to this one. :-)
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by guardienne on Sun 25 Jun - 19:20

SoloSideCousin wrote:
guardienne wrote:@iseeanisland

indeed. but all of the ones that i think of are more 'grown-up' music. the official playlist is all flaling youngsters (in my ear).
@guardienne

I don't know, I definitely don't claim an ounce of music wisdom or coolness, but a lot of those songs moved me and said "Kylo" to me. Like I told @Darth Dementor in another thread, I am purely instinctual with music.

Also, wouldn't a certain amount of infantilization be appropriate? We've talked about him being abused and infantilized by Snoke. We don't know what happened with Luke yet, but whatever it was,  I think it was dysfunctional to say the least. He's hiding behind a persona identity. He has rage attacks. They made up AD to look very young, and Kylo/Ben has always been in the shadow of his master's and hero parents. IOW, he has not really become his true self or his own man yet, so perhaps some of the immaturity actually works.

Also, by comparison with the Anakin list, they might be giving Kylo a leg up in maturity, as Anakin's first song is "What's My Age Again?" Lol. And that would fit because IMO Kylo is more mature than Anakin ever was, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

i don't think infantilisation is really something i would apply to him, and i'm not sure snoke infantilises him??!!

i think snoke treats him as an equal and asks his opinion? i mean, i'm not saying he's *not* manipulating him but he's also expecting competence from him?

anyway, well, the songs themselves don't speak to me, so, that's that. i found purely musically the BB8 playlist was much more my kinda thing. not because BB8 and i share this deep connection, it was just more my kinda music.
avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3129
Likes : 6299
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 19:30

guardienne wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
guardienne wrote:@iseeanisland

indeed. but all of the ones that i think of are more 'grown-up' music. the official playlist is all flaling youngsters (in my ear).
@guardienne

I don't know, I definitely don't claim an ounce of music wisdom or coolness, but a lot of those songs moved me and said "Kylo" to me. Like I told @Darth Dementor in another thread, I am purely instinctual with music.

Also, wouldn't a certain amount of infantilization be appropriate? We've talked about him being abused and infantilized by Snoke. We don't know what happened with Luke yet, but whatever it was,  I think it was dysfunctional to say the least. He's hiding behind a persona identity. He has rage attacks. They made up AD to look very young, and Kylo/Ben has always been in the shadow of his master's and hero parents. IOW, he has not really become his true self or his own man yet, so perhaps some of the immaturity actually works.

Also, by comparison with the Anakin list, they might be giving Kylo a leg up in maturity, as Anakin's first song is "What's My Age Again?" Lol. And that would fit because IMO Kylo is more mature than Anakin ever was, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

i don't think infantilisation is really something i would apply to him, and i'm not sure snoke infantilises him??!!

i think snoke treats him as an equal and asks his opinion? i mean, i'm not saying he's *not* manipulating him but he's also expecting competence from him?

anyway, well, the songs themselves don't speak to me, so, that's that. i found purely musically the BB8 playlist was much more my kinda thing. not because BB8 and i share this deep connection, it was just more my kinda music.
@guardienne

I think Snoke expects plenty from him, but I personally don't think Snoke thinks of him as an equal at all, and I think Kylo is aware if that. Kylo sits like a little boy while talking to Vader and says with worry, "Supreme Leader senses it." And then there's always the classic "The Supreme Leader is wise." So we're definitely on different pages on that one. :-)

But I will check out the BB8 list for sure. Very Happy
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Millicent the Cat on Sun 25 Jun - 19:34

I can't seem to view the playlist without a Spotify account, but I was wondering if The Smiths' "How Soon is Now" is on Kylo's? If not I think it should be.



I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

There's a club if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry
And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
avatar
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 56
Likes : 371
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-28
Localisation : In Kylo's ashtray.

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Moonlight13 on Sun 25 Jun - 19:52

Millicent the Cat wrote:I can't seem to view the playlist without a Spotify account, but I was wondering if The Smiths' "How Soon is Now" is on Kylo's? If not I think it should be.



I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

There's a club if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry
And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
@Millicent the Cat

I'm going to post the list of the songs. Very Happy
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 290
Likes : 1134
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Moonlight13 on Sun 25 Jun - 20:18

Kylo Ren playlist:

1. This Means War – Avenged Sevenfold
2. Legion of Evil – OFF!
3. Throne – Bring Me The Horizon
4. Angels Fall – Breaking Benjamin
5. The Red – Chevelle
6. Dark Side Of Me – Coheed and Cambria
7. Ashes of Eden – Breaking Benjamin
8. Never Giving Up – Of Mice & Men
9. You Want a Battle? (Here’s a War) – Bullet For My Valentine
10. Out of Time – A Day To Remember
11. Thunder & Lightning – Motörhead
12. Vengeance – Woe, Is Me
13. War On The Palaces – Refused
14. Evil – Interpol
15. I Am The Fire – Halestorm
16. Defeated – Breaking Benjamin
17. Mene – Brand New
18. Evil Eye – Franz Ferdinand
19. My Own Summer (Shove It) – Deftones
20. The Answer - Savages
21. Heart Of Fire – Black Veil Brides
22. At Least I’m Known For Something – New Found Glory
23. Dead Inside – Muse
24. Space Rock – Weezer
25. Indestructible –Rancid
26. Incorporeal – Tiger Army
27. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) – Marilyn Manson
28. Panic Switch – Silversun Pickups
29. All This Could Be Yours – Cold War Kids
30. I Want to Conquer the World – Bad Religion
31. Breed – Nirvana
32. Bad Dreams - Joywave
33. I Don’t Wanna Hear It – Minor Threat
34. Down With The Sickness – Disturbed
35. Duality – Slipknot
36. Innervision – System Of A Down
37. Cochise - Audioslave
38. Headstrong – Trapt
39. Satellite – Rise Against
40. Bored To Death – Blink-182
41. I’ll Stick Around – Foo Fighters
42. The Hand That Feeds – Nine Inch Nails
43. Hey Man, Nice Shot – Filter
44. Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
45. When Worlds Colide – Powerman 5000
46. R2 Where R U? – Flying Lotus
47. Destroy The Map – 36 Crazyfists
48. Strife – Trivium
49. Bad Company – Five Finger Death Punch
50. Got the Life – Korn
51. Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle – John Williams
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 290
Likes : 1134
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Helix on Sun 25 Jun - 20:25

I just now realize they have Deftones on there. My own favorite band. There's actually a lot more bands I on there I like than I though. Laughing My Own Summer is actually one of my favorite songs from them, but I really love the Bassnectar remix. I think it actually improves the song.

avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2579
Likes : 10105
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Millicent the Cat on Sun 25 Jun - 20:27

"Breed" really?? lmao

@Moonlight13 Thanks for posting the list!
avatar
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 56
Likes : 371
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-28
Localisation : In Kylo's ashtray.

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Moonlight13 on Sun 25 Jun - 20:36

Millicent the Cat wrote:"Breed" really?? lmao

@Moonlight13 Thanks for posting the list!
@Millicent the Cat

Thumbs up  I'm going to post Rey's playlist too.
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 290
Likes : 1134
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Millicent the Cat on Sun 25 Jun - 20:43

Moonlight13 wrote:
Millicent the Cat wrote:"Breed" really?? lmao

@Moonlight13 Thanks for posting the list!
@Millicent the Cat

Thumbs up  I'm going to post Rey's playlist too.
@Moonlight13



Much appreciated!
avatar
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 56
Likes : 371
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-28
Localisation : In Kylo's ashtray.

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Moonlight13 on Sun 25 Jun - 20:53

Rey playlist:

1. Phoenix – Olivia Holt
2. Chandelier – Sia
3. Yes Girl – Bea Miller
4. Boom Boom Pow – The Black Eyed Peas
5. We’ll Be The Stars – Sabrina Carpenter
6. Roar – Katy Perry
7. No One – Alicia Keys
8. Compass – Zella Day
9. We Can’t Stop – Miley Cyrus
10. Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine
11. Miss Independent – Kelly Clarkson
12. Run The World (Girls) – Beyoncé
13. Sound Of Your Heart – Shawn Hook
14. Rey Meets BB-8 – John Williams
15. Come & Get It – Selena Gomez
16. Levels – Nick Jonas
17. Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
18. Set Fire to the Rain – Adele
19. Alive Tonight – Grace Potter
20. Omen - Radio Edit – Disclosure, Sam Smith
21. Where Are Ü Now (with Justin Bieber) – Jack Ü, Skrillex, Diplo
22. We Found Love – Calvin Harris, Rihanna
23. Bulletproof – La Roux
24. Blue Jeans – Lana Del Rey
25. Battlefield – Jordin Sparks
26. Starships – Nicki Minaj
27. Focus – Ariana Grande
28. New Americana – Halsey
29. A Sky Full of Stars – Coldplay
30. We Come Running – Youngblood Hawke
31. Runaway (U & I) – Galantis
32. Wake Me Up – Avicii
33. Smoke and Fire – Sabrina Carpenter
34. Fighter – Christina Aguilera
35. Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani, Eve
36. Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
37. That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings
38. Diamonds – Rihanna
39. Till the World Ends – Britney Spears
40. Put the Gun Down – ZZ Ward
41. Aventure Of A Lifetime – Coldplay
42. Live Young Die Free – FLETCHER
43. WILD – Troye Sivan
44. Piece of Me – Britney Spears
45. Shut Up and Dance – WALK THE MOON
46. Our Own House – MisterWives
47. Bloodstream – Transviolet
48. Gibberish – MAX, Hoodie Allen
49. Savages – Marina and the Diamonds
50. I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ – Scissor Sisters
51. Daylight – Matt and Kim
52. Rey’s Theme – John Williams
53. The Scavenger – John Williams
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 290
Likes : 1134
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Kessel on Sun 25 Jun - 21:13

Wow, that's a lot of songs. Smile I don't remember the playlists being so long, I'll need to check them out again.

I like Kylo's playlist for the most part. I think a lot of it fits his uncertainty, conflict and angst.

avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1050
Likes : 8401
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 22:26

Millicent the Cat wrote:"Breed" really?? lmao

@Moonlight13 Thanks for posting the list!
@Millicent the Cat

Yeah, Breed is an awesome choice because if you read it like a needy boyfriend, it totally works, lol.  Kylo's all like, "Yeah, it's okay, we don't have to have kids. Sure, that's okay ... Yeah, I don't care where we live.  It doesn't matter ... wherever, cool, whatever you want ... we just need to ... uh ... you know ... live together ... and be together ... you know, like be near me a lot of the time ... Please ....." Very Happy

Nirvana Lyrics


"Breed"

I don't care [x5]
Care if I'm old
I don't mind [x5]
Mind, don't have a mind
Get away [x4]
Away, away from your home
I'm afraid [x5]
Afraid, afraid of a ghost

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We could plant a house
We could build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three
She said [x8]

I don't care [x5]
Care if I'm old
I don't mind [x5]
Mind, I don't have a mind
Get away [x4]
Away, away from your home
I'm afraid [x4]
Afraid, afraid of a ghost

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We can plant a house
We can build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three
She said [x8]

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We can plant a house
We can build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three

She said [x8]
She said .. good!






Writer(s): Kurt Donald Cobain




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nirvana/breed112553.html
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3247
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 26 Jun - 0:20

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Millicent the Cat wrote:"Breed" really?? lmao

@Moonlight13 Thanks for posting the list!
@Millicent the Cat

Yeah, Breed is an awesome choice because if you read it like a needy boyfriend, it totally works, lol.  Kylo's all like, "Yeah, it's okay, we don't have to have kids. Sure, that's okay ... Yeah, I don't care where we live.  It doesn't matter ... wherever, cool, whatever you want ... we just need to ... uh ... you know ... live together ... and be together ... you know, like be near me a lot of the time ... Please ....." Very Happy

Nirvana Lyrics


"Breed"

I don't care [x5]
Care if I'm old
I don't mind [x5]
Mind, don't have a mind
Get away [x4]
Away, away from your home
I'm afraid [x5]
Afraid, afraid of a ghost

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We could plant a house
We could build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three
She said [x8]

I don't care [x5]
Care if I'm old
I don't mind [x5]
Mind, I don't have a mind
Get away [x4]
Away, away from your home
I'm afraid [x4]
Afraid, afraid of a ghost

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We can plant a house
We can build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three
She said [x8]

Even if you have
Even if you need
I don't mean to stare
We don't have to breed
We can plant a house
We can build a tree
I don't even care
We could have all three

She said [x8]
She said .. good!






Writer(s): Kurt Donald Cobain




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nirvana/breed112553.html
@SoloSideCousin

I must have listened to "Breed" hundreds of times, but never through Kylo goggles before. LOL.

There are some truly great Kylo lines in that song:

Get away, get away, get away
Get away, away, away from your home
I'm afraid, I'm afraid, I'm afraid
I'm afraid, afraid, ghost

I don't mind, I don't mind, I don't mind
I don't mind, mind, don't have a mind

And of course, perfect for the guy who can't stop staring:

I don't mean to stare, we don't have to breed


_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4321
Likes : 22391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The SW Spotify Playlist Discussion/Analysis/Speculation Thread

Post by Armadeus on Mon 26 Jun - 10:40

I can't help but feel that a rather insignificant amount of attention is being paid to, what is without a doubt, the most significant song on Kylo Ren's playlist Razz :

Thunder & Lightning by Motörhead

Now, I don't say this just as a die-hard metalhead and therefore a fan of Lemmy and the boys in general. I do in fact believe that this song offers a rather crucial as to why Kylo Ren turned to the dark side. I draw everybody's attention to the following verse (in a song which, I am presuming was listened to and approved of by Lucasfilm and/or Disney):

What do you want from your miserable life
What do you see in a future so bright
Get what you want, do what you can
You'll get more pu**y if you're in a band




I don't think I need to point out which stanza is of particular importance in this conversation... Razz

Reminder: approved of by Lucasfilm and/or Disney
avatar
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1109
Likes : 3088
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum