Forces of Destiny web series

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 0:28

Rumor has it first one which drops tomorrow will feature Rey and BB-8's adventures on Jakku. As with the rest of the Internet, ignore the comments section as it's chock full of the "I'm not a misogynist, but..." type comments. Who knew that fanboys were such staunch opponents of merchandising for the sake of merchandising? What a brave stance to take! Not to mention how they really have the best interests at heart of squelching the enthusiasm of the little girls (and boys) who will likely be excited to watch these shorts because it's only important seeing yourself reflected back in fan culture if you're a dudebro. Those fellas just wanna teach the kids an important lesson about the evils of consumerism and how "well, actually, such and such previous series is really better. I'm not hating on this because of sexism, it's the terrible animation." (eyeroll).

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Helix on Mon 3 Jul - 0:44

As if a ton of other dudebro loved things aren't merchandise driven. Like Transformers, etc that literally got cartoons just to sell the toys.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 3 Jul - 0:53

I'm WFH tomorrow (because the office is going to be empty) and I am greatly looking forward to watching the first episode with my daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 1:18

@Helix - at this point in time, I'm long out of f**ks to give when it comes to men who try to justify their misogyny under the guise of "well, actually it has to do with [insert bullshit reason here under the justification of "integrity"].  But that's the exact point where I had to LOL. Dudes who have a hard-on for merchandising where cartoons or movies are made as an ad campaign trying to argue that they're not being sexist against a cartoon program meant to appeal to young girls because they're taking a brave and principled stance against the evils of consumerism.

@ISeeanIsland : ) - I hope she enjoys it!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 3 Jul - 14:12

Not sure where to post this, but the first episode of Forces of Destiny is out. Rey is the cutest!
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 14:29

Piper Maru wrote:

Not sure where to post this, but the first episode of Forces of Destiny is out. Rey is the cutest!
@Piper Maru

This was FANTASTIC!

I love how Rey ends up having compassion for a creature that normally would be terrifying to anybody else.

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Mon 3 Jul - 14:41

IoJovi wrote:

I love how Rey ends up having compassion for a creature that normally would be terrifying to anybody else.
@IoJovi

Hopefully this is how things turn out with the sea monster! ...except it's not particularly terrifying. Very Happy
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 3 Jul - 14:41

IoJovi wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:

@Piper Maru

This was FANTASTIC!

@IoJovi

That was the best part! cheers
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Mon 3 Jul - 14:42

IoJovi wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:

@Piper Maru

This was FANTASTIC!

@IoJovi

Ahh,Rey is so compassionate and kind. I love you
But yeah she'll otally never feel anything but hatred towards Kylo eventhough she felt compassion towards a creature who was going to eat BB8. Rolling Eyes

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 3 Jul - 16:05

What a sweet little story with Rey and BB-8. It shows how Rey is resourceful, capable and compassionate. I especially love the cute ending between Rey and BB-8.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 3 Jul - 16:11

Moonlight13 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:

@Piper Maru

This was FANTASTIC!

@IoJovi

That was the best part! cheers
@Moonlight13

Absolutely. That sold the whole thing.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 16:24

First one up with Rey and BB-8 fending off a hungry sand monster

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 3 Jul - 16:34

That was so sweet. Even the monster was surprisingly sweet in the end.

Too bad these are so short, though.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Forces of Destiny

Post by vaderito on Mon 3 Jul - 16:38

I think short is good. No fat, only lean meet. Longer could drag.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 3 Jul - 17:21

snufkin wrote:First one up with Rey and BB-8 fending off a hungry sand monster

@snufkin

It's super cute.
Even EVIIIIIL monster got something to eat in the end.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Mon 3 Jul - 17:35

Scavenger's Hoard posted the below on twitter and was re-tweeted by Pablo:

https://twitter.com/ScavengersHoard/status/880903840433709056

...which unfortunately led to some retaliatory reviews of the podcast on iTunes. The majority of Twitter comments are positive, though, thankfully.
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Forces of Destiny Web Series

Post by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 17:38

adamdrivershair wrote:Scavenger's Hoard posted the below on twitter and was re-tweeted by Pablo:

...which unfortunately led to some retaliatory reviews of the podcast on iTunes. The majority of Twitter comments are positive, though, thankfully.
@adamdrivershair

I love that Pablo retweeted that.  He's an official employee of LF after all, and it's great to have that kind of support.  Still it sucks that the fanboy tears are par for the course and I'm not the least surprised by it.  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 18:33; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 3 Jul - 18:12

IoJovi wrote:
adamdrivershair wrote:Scavenger's Hoard posted the below on twitter and was re-tweeted by Pablo:

@adamdrivershair

I love that Pablo retweeted that. He's an official employee of LF after all, and it's great to have that kind of support. Still it sucks that the fanboy tears are par for the course and I'm not the least surprised by it. Evil or Very Mad
@IoJovi

There're days in this fandom when I'am literally left without words.
How anyone can be salty about the 2 and a half minutes long cute cartoon aimed for kids ?!

Shocked
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 3 Jul - 18:15

I always like when monsters are portrayed as not just eviiiil. Why should they just be evil and slain? Monsters need love and compassion too. Razz
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 18:18

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@adamdrivershair

I love that Pablo retweeted that.  He's an official employee of LF after all, and it's great to have that kind of support.  Still it sucks that the fanboy tears are par for the course and I'm not the least surprised by it.  Evil or Very Mad
@IoJovi

There're days in this fandom when I'am literally left without words.
How anyone can be salty about the 2 and a half minutes long cute cartoon aimed for kids ?!

Shocked
@Darth_Awakened

I got the impression the retaliatory reviews were about the actual Scavengers Hoard podcast and not about the FoD cartoon. By retweeting them, Pablo put the spotlight on them  I don't know which is worse, honestly...  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 18:19

My posts about Rian getting picked to throw out a pitch at a baseball game and Lord of the just fired duo responded got moved over in the migration.

@Darth_Awakened - Poor monster, even in the end it turns out to just be as sad and hungry, which Rey can identify with. But she still doesn't try to hurt it. This doesn't bode well for the fans who keep claiming that she's going to kill a certain Monstah, does it? Also the fact that she apologizes when stepping its head made me laugh.

@Helix - this is why I'll always be bummed that GdT turned down the chance to direct one of the ST movies, because it seems ready made for him between the female lead coming into her own and the Monstah she meets.

Also LOL at the fanboys in the comments section complaining about the quality of the animation or "it's all about merchandising." Such heroes and role models with a sense of integrity complaining about a show meant for little kids : P !
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Forces of Destiny Web Series

Post by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 18:23

snufkin wrote:My posts about Rian getting picked to throw out a pitch at a baseball game and Lord of the just fired duo responded got moved over in the migration.

@Darth_Awakened - Poor monster, even in the end it turns out to just be as sad and hungry, which Rey can identify with. But she still doesn't try to hurt it. This doesn't bode well for the fans who keep claiming that she's going to kill a certain Monstah, does it? Also the fact that she apologizes when stepping its head made me laugh.

@Helix - this is why I'll always be bummed that GdT turned down the chance to direct one of the ST movies, because it seems ready made for him between the female lead coming into her own and the Monstah she meets.

Also LOL at the fanboys in the comments section complaining about the quality of the animation or "it's all about merchandising." Such brave souls with a sense of integrity complaining a show meant for little kids : P !
@snufkin

I accidentally clicked on those when I moved the posts, but I've already moved them back.  Smile  

Rey's compassion for the Montah was immediately what jumped out at me the first time i watched this (in addition to flashbacks of the movie Tremors with Kevin Bacon... Wink ).  And I gotta say, it's so great to hear Daisy's voice again as Rey.  It's a nice tide-me-over til December.

Last edited by IoJovi on Mon 3 Jul - 18:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi on Mon 3 Jul - 18:28

Compassion and understanding. What's not to love about Rey? This how real strong people are. I love you
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 18:30

@IoJovi - hope that wasn't too nitpicky, just was like "Uh, oh wow!" 'cause we all know what just happened in the past two weeks. That's gotta be some kind of interesting conversations about their respective experiences.

I was kinda having some flashbacks to Dune watching the Monstah, which is likely just me and too heavy for a kid's show. But it's interesting how she's shown to be universally nice to everybody even in situations that don't call for that. Which means that slashing up Kylo's face really was crossing a line for her and you can bet that's something which will get picked up again in the next movie. Prediction that at some point he'll be like "why are you being nice to me?" because we know even before killing Han, he was already Mr Low Self Esteem and Brooder. Like not that it'll be her job to redeem him, but likely some of what happens between the two of them and her influence will be a big kick in his a** to get his act together.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 3 Jul - 18:34

The monster should've been a Graboid. Rey could've teamed up with Burt Gummer and tamed a Graboid.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum