Forces of Destiny web series

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Fri 1 Sep - 23:30

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Not that toy company product text would be spoilers, but still interesting in the character descriptions. Rey is brave, loyal to her friends, and stands up for what she believes in (as an alumna of Girl Scouts, get that girl some merit badges!) whereas Kylo has betrayed his friends and family in pursuit of power. Like maybe Rey makes a new friend in the next movie and that friendship will put her to the test because she's always loyal and does the right thing? Meanwhile we have somebody else who's in bad need of making up for his bad choices which hurt people close to him and whose priorities are for the wrong things. These are cartoons for kids about 'everyday heroism,' so be curious to see what they show for him if he's being shown as the Goofus out of that duo.
@snufkin

I know we've seen variations on "pow-ah" being Kylo Ren's main motivation in a few places (I think Pablo's Visual Guide to TFA was one?), but that still just doesn't ring true at all to me with what we saw of the character in TFA or with what we've seen in the TLJ marketing so far.

Also, I can't imagine they'd have any real TLJ spoilers in a Forces of Destiny cartoon. I know that we're getting the second wave of cartoons in October, so maybe the Rey-Kylo one will be in a post-TLJ wave?

@ISeeAnIsland

That quote is definitely a head scratcher. Not that a 2 minute cartoon for small children can do Space Hamlet. But you're right that it's the only other instance besides the Visual Guide which mentions the "powah" motivation. And as of right now, he's the defacto bad guy, so hard to imagine how they could show him as a heartwarming example of everyday heroism. We're definitely not gonna get the full story about whatever happened to him and how he defected to the DS until we're in the movie theater. Also it's curious because if Boyega's confirmed to appear as Finn in the next round of cartoons, you'd think that there'd be a Finn figure released next if Kylo will be TBA.

But you may be right that his appearance may come after TLJ is released. Maybe it's him and Mitaka where Kylo has a Matt the Radar Technician moment of giving him a greeting card to apologize for Force choking him.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 2 Sep - 0:49

Was thinking more about this...

In all of the Forces of Destiny shorts we've seen so far, the heroine "wins" the encounter in some way, usually rescuing someone or something in the process.

Now, apply that same general plot to a short featuring Rey and Kylo in TLJ. Given Rey's costume, it would appear to take place later in the film (possibly post-Ahch-To even). Would that suggest Rey "defeating" Kylo again (even after she did so in TFA), if that was an antagonistic confrontation? Or maybe it won't be antagonistic?
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4707
Likes : 24748
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Sat 2 Sep - 2:28

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Was thinking more about this...

In all of the Forces of Destiny shorts we've seen so far, the heroine "wins" the encounter in some way, usually rescuing someone or something in the process.

Now, apply that same general plot to a short featuring Rey and Kylo in TLJ. Given Rey's costume, it would appear to take place later in the film (possibly post-Ahch-To even). Would that suggest Rey "defeating" Kylo again (even after she did so in TFA), if that was an antagonistic confrontation? Or maybe it won't be antagonistic?

@ISeeAnIsland

The nice thing about the shorts is that all of them aren't the usual Wham Pow values you'd see in cartoons but instead the heroines win by using their wits and teamwork/compassion. Like it doesn't matter so much that Rey shows signs of using the Force in her segments because ultimately she 'defeats' Teedo by outwitting him and getting help from the Night Crawler worm she managed to win over with compassion. And she already beat the stuffing out of Kylo, plus likely they'll get into another fight in the movie anyways. So it has to be something different especially with the series' values and the suspected plot that the two of them are forced into a situation where they have to work together towards a common challenge.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 2 Sep - 3:14

Have these been posted here yet? Is this Reylo Barbie set really real? Because, damn. Just look at them!

avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27537
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by EchoBase on Sat 2 Sep - 3:35

I couldn't resist. Just pre-ordered them. Why doesn't Kylo have realistic rooted hair like Rey. Damn. Razz
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2509
Likes : 10196
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 2 Sep - 4:31

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Have these been posted here yet? Is this Reylo Barbie set really real? Because, damn. Just look at them!

@Darth Dingbat

What?!! was my first reaction. I really did not expect them in one set. Rey is so cute. I don't know about Kylo. I don't like his face that much, but then if I continue to look at him, I might change my mind. I do like the fact that the Forces of Destiny figures are dolls.

@EchoBase

Where did you pre-order them? Hair that you could comb could be fun. I still like the braided TFA BTS style and would probably do that or a half-bun.

EDIT: Echo, never mind, I found it. October 30th is the planned realease date.


Last edited by SanghaRen on Sat 2 Sep - 4:53; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 2 Sep - 4:38

What's that cloaked figure behind Rey on the package? Is it Luke? And is he holding a lightsaber?
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27537
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 2 Sep - 4:49

@Darth Dingbat wrote:What's that cloaked figure behind Rey on the package? Is it Luke? And is he holding a lightsaber?
@Darth Dingbat

It looks like Kylo to me in his mask.

Btw, I can't help myself (no matter how I try hard to keep myself in control for all of Kylo/Rey official pics together) but the way FoD Rey and Kylo look - the only thing I can think of is: Oh, what a lovely couple!

Am I crazy? lol!
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3818
Likes : 17802
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 2 Sep - 5:07

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:What's that cloaked figure behind Rey on the package? Is it Luke? And is he holding a lightsaber?
@Darth Dingbat

It looks like Kylo to me in his mask.

Btw, I can't help myself (no matter how I try hard to keep myself in control for all of Kylo/Rey official pics together) but the way FoD Rey and Kylo look - the only thing I can think of is: Oh, what a lovely couple!

Am I crazy? lol!
@Darth_Awakened

I don't know - the figure doesn't really seem Kylo-like, and he seems to be wearing baggyish pants and boots like Luke's. But it would make more sense for it to be Kylo.

Couldn't agree more, they definitely look like a lovely couple here Laughing You can't tell me little girls aren't going to make them kiss.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27537
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Irina de France on Sat 2 Sep - 8:56

Well, if I'm not supposed to be shipping them, Lucasfilm is doing a terrible job. Laughing Not to mention that Rey looks very pretty and Kylo looks like an actual Disney prince.

I don't expect an episode with those two before TLJ is released, though? But afterwards, they could definitely make one with Porg shenanigans.

_________________

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]


Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!


Avatar source: [X]
avatar
Irina de France
Moderator

Messages : 1429
Likes : 7235
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 22
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by nemapasara on Sat 2 Sep - 9:21

In the box art at the bottom, they look like SUCH a couple. A bad*** couple that's about to take down FO scum. Even in the full body shots of those pictures, they're literally mirrored to the T! Same hand gesture, same pose...even their outfits really match. I mean, they have to realize that packaging them together where Kylo looks like some kind of disney prince and not the villain he's supposed to be connotes something very specific? I can't imagine Disney/LFL are that naive to think that little girls aren't going to play with these dolls and put them in situations that are a tad romantic. It's almost like they're ASKING for it. Plus that page from the book "Star Wars Made Easy" (which is aimed for children) has that little blurb about whether Kylo's going back to the light and they frame it in a way that very subtly puts it in children's heads that Kylo is not all bad. They want kids to have that hope that he can turn.
avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 436
Likes : 3000
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Sat 2 Sep - 9:42

@nemapasara wrote:In the box art at the bottom, they look like SUCH a couple. A bad*** couple that's about to take down FO scum. Even in the full body shots of those pictures, they're literally mirrored to the T! Same hand gesture, same pose...even their outfits really match. I mean, they have to realize that packaging them together where Kylo looks like some kind of disney prince and not the villain he's supposed to be connotes something very specific? I can't imagine Disney/LFL are that naive to think that little girls aren't going to play with these dolls and put them in situations that are a tad romantic. It's almost like they're ASKING for it. Plus that page from the book "Star Wars Made Easy" (which is aimed for children) has that little blurb about whether Kylo's going back to the light and they frame it in a way that very subtly puts it in children's heads that Kylo is not all bad. They want kids to have that hope that he can turn.
@nemapasara

I'm laughing like an idiot just looking at that package. There's no way that they don't look like a couple. I mean, seriously, look at them. Every little girl and boy's gonna make them kiss. That's what they are for.

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 2 Sep - 10:21

I haven't watched FOD yet, but I remember seeing FOD TFA Rey to look really sweet with a button nose, tanned and freckles. Like a sweet little girl. The new TLJ Rey in that box art lacks the freckles and has darker make up. She looks like a woman there, and they put her beside Prince Kylo Ren.

This isn't subliminal anymore Disney, this is surface level, out in the open Reyloness
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1134
Likes : 8049
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 24
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 2 Sep - 10:30

Take a look at Hasbro's Forces of Destiny site, too:

https://starwars.hasbro.com/en-us/forcesofdestiny#_=_
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27537
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 2 Sep - 10:37

For the love of God, they couldn't look more like a power couple.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 862
Likes : 6318
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Sat 2 Sep - 10:40

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I haven't watched FOD yet, but I remember seeing FOD TFA Rey to look really sweet with a button nose, tanned and freckles. Like a sweet little girl. The new TLJ Rey in that box art lacks the freckles and has darker make up. She looks like a woman there, and they put her beside Prince Kylo Ren.

This isn't subliminal anymore Disney, this is surface level, out in the open Reyloness
@Rei of Sunshine

All of this! "Girl, you are a woman now."That's exactly what this projects. of course, it also sends some people into Denialville with the usual "Anakin's grandchildren" shield against reality.

@darth Dingbat apparently there's a mini FoDGate going on. You probably guessed it. #whereisfinn Yeah, same people still having same issues.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Sat 2 Sep - 12:30

I get some of the reason why some fans might be freaking out about Power Barbie Couple, but it's also not unreasonable to wonder about the lack of a Finn doll when he's confirmed for an appearance in the next round of shorts. Or better yet, release two sets, one with Kylo and one with Finn. That way Barbie Rey can have dates with and make out with each of them and little girls can learn a very important lesson about how what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
; ).
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 2 Sep - 12:33

@snufkin wrote:I get some of the reason why some fans might be freaking out about Power Barbie Couple, but it's also not unreasonable to wonder about the lack of a Finn doll when he's confirmed for an appearance in the next round of shorts. Or better yet, release two sets, one with Kylo and one with Finn. That way Barbie Rey can have dates with and make out with each of them and little girls can learn a very important lesson about how what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
; ).
@snufkin

Yeah, I can understand being annoyed at the lack of a Finn doll, especially with the Rey-Finn short having already been announced.

I'm still going under the assumption that whatever Rey-Kylo short they have in the works won't be released until TLJ is out. I'm guessing that they're only releasing the doll set early so that it's available for Christmas.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4707
Likes : 24748
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Sat 2 Sep - 12:42

They'll probably release that set too though when Finnrey doesn't happen, those shippers shouldn't blame Disney/LF for baiting them like Jedi!Finn. Aafter all, Reylo set was released too.

Personally, I don't think that sets mean anything plot-wise (there's Rey/Praetorian Guard set and Ruke set,etc) so shippers using them in shipper wars is lol!  but I cannot deny that I'm enjoying the ongoing salt. They didn't expect this set to happen either as the first in Female Character + Male Character sets or the only one, so serves them right for being so dismissive. I wouldn't take any Male/female set as a romantic threat because it's a freakin set, meaning its sole purpose is to drive toy sales, but since they started the salt war over this one, it's a delicious vindication.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Sat 2 Sep - 12:44

@ISeeanIsland - I can even see that if you're a Finn fan, you'd be excited about his appearance and wondering why there was no figure released versus the others which just came out. Back when I used to teach ESL, I would've killed for books, action figures, anything with characters like Finn, Rose, and Poe because I know what that sort of thing would've meant to my students, seeing people like them reflected back to them in toys and media. And tbh, I also don't think it's unreasonable to worry that giving Kylo any type of direct relationship with Rey, romantic or otherwise, could end up pushing Finn into the foreground. We haven't seen the rest of the ST, so we can't say and Boyega doesn't come across as the type of person who'd put up with something like that type of treatment for his character (and considering the # of WoC in leadership roles at LF, you'd think that they wouldn't be on board with that either). If anything it feels like Finn will have his own A plot for the ST. But don't know yet until we see it.

In the meanwhile, the whole Reylo Barbie set makes me think that even if fans fret about how she shouldn't be boxed with him because he's bad, just remember how girls tend to play with dolls is usually far different than what adults expect

avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 2 Sep - 13:00

@vaderito wrote:They'll probably release that set too though when Finnrey doesn't happen, those shippers shouldn't blame Disney/LF for baiting them like Jedi!Finn. Aafter all, Reylo set was released too.

Personally, I don't think that sets mean anything plot-wise (there's Rey/Praetorian Guard set and Ruke set,etc) so shippers using them in shipper wars is lol!  but I cannot deny that I'm enjoying the ongoing salt. They didn't expect this set to happen either as the first in Female Character + Male Character sets or the only one, so serves them right for being so dismissive. I wouldn't take any Male/female set as a romantic threat because it's a freakin set, meaning its sole purpose is to drive toy sales, but since they started the salt war over this one, it's a delicious vindication.
@vaderito

Normally, I'd agree with you on the irrelevance of toy packaging. That may turn out to be the case with Forces of Destiny, too. But so far, other than the purple lightsaber toy and Resistance Rey + BB-8, every single toy in this line has had a direct tie to a specific the FoD cartoon.

So maybe Barbie Rey and Kylo will fall into that "exception" category, too, but I'm not giving up yet. Razz In any case, whether there's a Rey + Kylo FoD cartoon or not, they do NOT look like enemies with that packaging/marketing.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4707
Likes : 24748
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Sat 2 Sep - 13:04

I'm sure they'll fight in FoD cause having them work together would be a major spoiler that they will not reveal in a cartoon. However, subliminal messaging is completely different thing. You can show characters fight and still subliminally hint that they are going in different direction.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Kessel on Sat 2 Sep - 22:23

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:What's that cloaked figure behind Rey on the package? Is it Luke? And is he holding a lightsaber?
@Darth Dingbat

It looks like Kylo to me in his mask.

Btw, I can't help myself (no matter how I try hard to keep myself in control for all of Kylo/Rey official pics together) but the way FoD Rey and Kylo look - the only thing I can think of is: Oh, what a lovely couple!

Am I crazy? lol!
@Darth_Awakened

I don't know - the figure doesn't really seem Kylo-like, and he seems to be wearing baggyish  pants and boots like Luke's. But it would make more sense for it to be Kylo.

Couldn't agree more, they definitely look like a lovely couple here Laughing You can't tell me little girls aren't going to make them kiss.
@Darth Dingbat

I think the figure looks like it could be Luke in his dark cloak, but it also kind of looks like one of the KORs to me too.  It's more likely Luke though?
avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1164
Likes : 9073
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Sun 3 Sep - 9:24

OK, so TLJ Rey is actually on Jakku:



And there's another TLJ Rey in the forest



That's going by her costumes. So how does Kylo fit into it? A vision? Or they won't follow TLJ canon with these episodes.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by nemapasara on Sun 3 Sep - 10:39

@Kessel wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:What's that cloaked figure behind Rey on the package? Is it Luke? And is he holding a lightsaber?
@Darth Dingbat

It looks like Kylo to me in his mask.

Btw, I can't help myself (no matter how I try hard to keep myself in control for all of Kylo/Rey official pics together) but the way FoD Rey and Kylo look - the only thing I can think of is: Oh, what a lovely couple!

Am I crazy? lol!
@Darth_Awakened

I don't know - the figure doesn't really seem Kylo-like, and he seems to be wearing baggyish  pants and boots like Luke's. But it would make more sense for it to be Kylo.

Couldn't agree more, they definitely look like a lovely couple here Laughing You can't tell me little girls aren't going to make them kiss.
@Darth Dingbat

I think the figure looks like it could be Luke in his dark cloak, but it also kind of looks like one of the KORs to me too.  It's more likely Luke though?
@Kessel

That's definitely Kylo. He's holding the cross saber, I don't think they'd put Luke there holding Kylo's saber. No way. It's Kylo in his cape looking down. There's a picture where you can see it better than the one above shows.

ETA:

avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 436
Likes : 3000
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum