Forces of Destiny web series

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Mon 2 Oct - 19:47

@Irina de France wrote:Okay. So before seeing the episode, I was about to post "Well, the point of FoD is to show SW female characters as heroines who save the day, right?" But before doing that, I went to actually see it.

Jesus, why are TPTB always forgetting he's a runaway Stormtrooper? Like, seriously, what he did with the bomb is probably something I would do because I know nothing Jon Snow, and you *could* argue that for the FO, it's a special unit that takes care of the bombs whenever they end up on ships... but considering those troopers are trained since they're kids, neutralizing a bomb would probably be part of their classes between Sniper Rifles 101 and The Magmatrooper's Guide to Fire Safety.
@Irina de France

Exactly. Like, incompetence with a tool kit was iffy in TFA but this is just indefensible.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Kessel on Mon 2 Oct - 20:19

@vaderito wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:Okay. So before seeing the episode, I was about to post "Well, the point of FoD is to show SW female characters as heroines who save the day, right?" But before doing that, I went to actually see it.

Jesus, why are TPTB always forgetting he's a runaway Stormtrooper? Like, seriously, what he did with the bomb is probably something I would do because I know nothing Jon Snow, and you *could* argue that for the FO, it's a special unit that takes care of the bombs whenever they end up on ships... but considering those troopers are trained since they're kids, neutralizing a bomb would probably be part of their classes between Sniper Rifles 101 and The Magmatrooper's Guide to Fire Safety.
@Irina de France

Exactly. Like, incompetence with a tool kit was iffy in TFA but this is just indefensible.
@vaderito

Yeah, that's not a good look for Finn in that short.

That seems to be further proof that Finn's background as a runaway stormtrooper doesn't really match up with his character. I don't think a stormtrooper would just recklessly grab a thing like that like Finn did. What kind of training are they getting?
avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1164
Likes : 9073
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Mon 2 Oct - 20:26

@Kessel Yep, if he was just a very recent draftee who was plotting how to escape more than paying attention how to be deadly, the character would make sense. But this Child Soldier Doesn't Know Any Other Life yet Acts Nothing Like Such Character is a big problem.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Mana on Tue 3 Oct - 15:40

And lol that line "We make a good team".
Everyone (even BB-8 the droid) but Finn contributes to removing the tracker.....it was really noticeable and unfair to Finn....
That was probably the worst FoD episode.
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1334
Likes : 11382
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by panki on Tue 3 Oct - 17:20

The latest one is out....its Yoda teaching Ahsoka in a room that looks a lot like the one in Kanan's vision in Rebels (at the Lothal temple where he is knighted)....




_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3140
Likes : 11625
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SkyStar on Tue 3 Oct - 17:49

@panki wrote:The latest one is out....its Yoda teaching Ahsoka in a room that looks a lot like the one in Kanan's vision in Rebels (at the Lothal temple where he is knighted)....



@panki

This one was cute, I love their dynamics.

_________________
The sea goes to weep. The sea goes to sleep.

Avatar by 800lbproductions
avatar
SkyStar
Moderator

Messages : 700
Likes : 3501
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 3 Oct - 18:34

This episode is the best one along with the very first one with Rey for me Smile Really well done + I am a sucker for lightsabers Very Happy
avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 94
Likes : 552
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-09
Age : 23
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 3 Oct - 20:53

Just watched the two episodes. Indeed Finn is again the clown. I really hope TLJ will make use of the character in a smarter way because it’s irritating and not funny at all. There’s actually nothing in that episode that I like. I don’t like Han’s voice, Chewie’s dumb smile when he nods (that does not look like the Chewie of the movies) and the Hail to Super Rey feeling of the episode.

The Ahsoka one is nice. I like her fighting style. I loved the scene when she fought against the seventh sister and fifth brother in SWR. I have zero interest in standalone movies, but an adult Ahsoka one could raise my interest. Would not even have to be a good movie as long as she fights in her unique style Very Happy Indeed the room looks very familiar.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by panki on Tue 3 Oct - 21:12

@SanghaRen wrote:.
I have zero interest in standalone movies, but an adult Ahsoka one could raise my interest. Would not even have to be a good movie as long as she fights in her unique style Very Happy Indeed the room looks very familiar.
@SanghaRen

I'm in the same boat....would love a standalone Ahsoka movie....and I love the way she uses a lightsaber and shoto instead of a single lightsaber. Smile

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3140
Likes : 11625
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Tue 3 Oct - 21:55

Ahsoka episode was great and one of reasons is that, unlike Rey episodes, she isn't OMG Super Super Super. It seems to me that there's considerable fear to show Rey as less than perfect even though they have no such qualms about other female characters. I think it's because she's ST lead and they think that she has to keep certain unattainable bar while female characters don't since they don't have that level of ambition attached to them.

I have a bad feeling that Super Rey will continue in TLJ. As someone said on another forum, Rey is all set of skills but that's not characterization. Nevertheless, can't wait for fandom whining when she outsmarts and overpowers precious Luke. lol!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by panki on Tue 3 Oct - 21:59

@vaderito wrote:Ahsoka episode was great and one of reasons is that, unlike Rey episodes, she isn't OMG Super Super Super. It seems to me that there's considerable fear to show Rey as less than perfect even though they have no such qualms about other female characters. I think it's because she's ST lead and they think that she has to keep certain unattainable bar while female characters don't since they don't have that level of ambition attached to them.

I have a bad feeling that Super Rey will continue in TLJ. As someone said on another forum, Rey is all set of skills but that's not characterization. Nevertheless, can't wait for fandom whining when she outsmarts and overpowers precious Luke. lol!
@vaderito

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3140
Likes : 11625
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Tue 3 Oct - 22:03

@panki wrote:

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.
@panki

Or likely she was relatable because of mistakes. Mistakes are fine. People only hate plot-forwarding stupidity (such as Finn in FoD).

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 4 Oct - 19:44

@vaderito wrote:
@panki wrote:

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.
@panki

Or likely she was relatable because of mistakes. Mistakes are fine. People only hate plot-forwarding stupidity (such as Finn in FoD).

@vaderito

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SkyStar on Wed 4 Oct - 20:40

@SanghaRen wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@panki wrote:  

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.
@panki

Or likely she was relatable because of mistakes. Mistakes are fine. People only hate plot-forwarding stupidity (such as Finn in FoD).

@vaderito

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
@SanghaRen

Yeah, I agree about Luke. I also started to root for Finn more, lol.

_________________
The sea goes to weep. The sea goes to sleep.

Avatar by 800lbproductions
avatar
SkyStar
Moderator

Messages : 700
Likes : 3501
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito on Wed 4 Oct - 21:26

@SanghaRen wrote:

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
@SanghaRen

When you look at it that way, I'm warming up to Luke.

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 4 Oct - 21:56

@vaderito wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
@SanghaRen

When you look at it that way, I'm warming up to Luke.

@vaderito

Whoa! I have not been watching these. They are so short that I thought I would save them up ... But I made need to watch this one.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3710
Likes : 16681
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by panki on Wed 4 Oct - 23:01



Padme got some combat training Smile

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3140
Likes : 11625
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by snufkin on Thu 5 Oct - 19:31

I'm of two minds about these cartoons. While they may come across as Hanna Barbara-Scooby Doo type quality, they're not really meant for me. And while there are plenty of a**holes complaining in the comments section about how they should be a higher level of animation like the CW, same for them too. It's meant for small children and especially little girls. So unless you're trying to raise them to be animation snobs and the type of fans who are into one-upmanship, who cares. And the toys certainly have made a lot of little kids excited, especially having female heroine action figures, so it's not really our place to judge/critize them. Kind of the same way I tried watching Rebels once, didn't get into it, but I'm also like it's not meant for me and if it makes other fans (adults or children) happy, that's what counts.

That said, too much the easy way out turning it into Finn being a goofball for the sake of the story. While I agree that it's inconsistent for a former child-soldier, I'm not really sure how you could have him be like one of the characters in Beasts of No Nation in the middle of a series aimed at children. My suspicion is that the stories about the early development of the characters, they went with the personas of different actors as a shorthand for the characters. Kira was supposed to be like Kristen Stewart as a tough, doesn't GAF tomboy and Poe was supposed to be like Idris Elba's tough, no-nonsense but humanistic characters like Joe Luther or Stacker Pentecost. Actual casting for those characters instead places some of the character traits on the actors in those roles. However, for Finn, it sounds like they thought of him being like Jesse Plemons (who auditioned and was one of the contenders John Boyega beat out for the role) and especially his role on Friday Night Lights as the good hearted goofball best friend/side kick. That's certainly not Boyega's super confident and charismatic persona, but that's how they kept the character and had him play it. Remains to be seen what will happen with the character in TLJ, but general impression from comments is that there will be a shift and he becomes a more mature, strong, and decisive character. Which again, the franchise tends to lean on the actor's personalities, so probably more what you'd expect from Boyega.

Final thought, if Kylo is rumored to appear in a later installment, how much you guys wanna bet that it will be set during the Ache-to portion of TLJ where he and Rey are stuck together and that there will be Porgs involved?
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 5 Oct - 20:13

@snufkin wrote:

Final thought, if Kylo is rumored to appear in a later installment, how much you guys wanna bet that it will be set during the Ache-to portion of TLJ where he and Rey are stuck together and that there will be Porgs involved?
@snufkin

Yup. And it'll be some scenario where they're stuck somewhere or trying to do something, and they have to work together as a team. And yes, Porgs will be involved. I'd bet money on it.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4707
Likes : 24748
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 8 Oct - 19:28

I saw that ANH Leia doll somewhere on Internet some days ago and was drooling. Why are you doing this, Hasbro people? I even like the Padme doll except for that strange grey thing in her hair that I would remove right away. So when is Luke coming out? Leia is waiting for her brother.

http://www.starwars.com/news/nycc-2017-the-latest-forces-of-destiny-adventure-figures
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 11 Oct - 13:10

Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SkyStar on Wed 11 Oct - 13:12

@SanghaRen wrote:Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
@SanghaRen

omg, yesterday with all the trailer n sith, I wanted to order the reylo dolls and saw that it was postponed to 2018, but I thought maybe that is only for new orders. Sucks. Sad

_________________
The sea goes to weep. The sea goes to sleep.

Avatar by 800lbproductions
avatar
SkyStar
Moderator

Messages : 700
Likes : 3501
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 11 Oct - 14:00

@SkyStar wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
@SanghaRen

omg, yesterday with all the trailer n sith, I wanted to order the reylo dolls and saw that it was postponed to 2018, but I thought maybe that is only for new orders. Sucks. Sad
@SkyStar

I feel like a whiny consumer, the kind that annoys me because they always want everything right away. So I am actually annoying myself Smile But yeah, I am disappointed. For Disney, that means missing the Christmas cashout time! Someone’s gonna get their a** kicked. Unless they push some other dolls first and that’s why they postponed the two, which would be surprising since the TLJ trailer features them heavily.

Your signature is really distracting. I cannot stop staring at the bacta patch going down his throat and think that he probably has a huge bacta patch where Chewie shot him. I have to say that patch idea is cool. No wonder they were hiding it for so long. Sorry, off topic in this thread Smile
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SkyStar on Wed 11 Oct - 14:28

@SanghaRen wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
@SanghaRen

omg, yesterday with all the trailer n sith, I wanted to order the reylo dolls and saw that it was postponed to 2018, but I thought maybe that is only for new orders. Sucks. Sad
@SkyStar

I feel like a whiny consumer, the kind that annoys me because they always want everything right away. So I am actually annoying myself Smile But yeah, I am disappointed. For Disney, that means missing the Christmas cashout time! Someone’s gonna get their a** kicked. Unless they push some other dolls first and that’s why they postponed the two, which would be surprising since the TLJ trailer features them heavily.

Your signature is really distracting. I cannot stop staring at the bacta patch going down his throat and think that he probably has a huge bacta patch where Chewie shot him. I have to say that patch idea is cool. No wonder they were hiding it for so long. Sorry, off topic in this thread Smile
@SanghaRen

The bandaid looks is almost a bit clumsy, but somehow also cool at the same time. The eye on the side where he has the scar has a darker under eye circle and that side in the dark has suffered more. I like the look. There is something captivating about him there.

_________________
The sea goes to weep. The sea goes to sleep.

Avatar by 800lbproductions
avatar
SkyStar
Moderator

Messages : 700
Likes : 3501
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 11 Oct - 14:37

@SkyStar

The clumsiness gives the impression that it was a quick patching up because he had to go to battle, healed or not healed. No time to make it more in tone with the skin color. Here, you get the ugly efficient patch and off you go! And you’re right, they were very thorough in showing that this side of the face suffered. That’s the kind of details that give authenticity. Good job, make-up artists!
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum