Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 3 Jul - 21:56

@snufkin wrote:

@snufkin

I want a video of him throwing the ball! Even if I don't know what baseball is lol!
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 3 Jul - 22:04

@MelBee - hope you get to see Rian throw a good pitch!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 3 Jul - 22:05

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@snufkin

I want a video of him throwing the ball! Even if I don't know what baseball is lol!
@Maria Antonietta

LOL

Unlike me you know at least it's baseball - I was dead sure it's about American football!

lol!

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 3 Jul - 23:16

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

LOL

Unlike me you know at least it's baseball - I was dead sure it's about American football!

lol!

@Darth_Awakened

Mhuahua!!! lol!
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 3 Jul - 23:38

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Same here! In my country everything's about soccer so I don't have a clue about baseball. lol!
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 4 Jul - 0:04

First pitch is the first throw of the game. It's an honor to be asked, usually for public service or your work. I get the impression that it's his partners favorite team so that's pressure. All you guys need to know is that Scully on the X Files was named in honor of a famous baseball announcer for that team.

@Moonlight other parts of Latin America I've been to beisebol es el Rey. But I do remember that about futbol from being in Brazil & Argentina :)
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 4 Jul - 0:09

@snufkin wrote:First pitch is the first throw of the game. It's an honor to be asked, usually for public service or your work. I get the impression that it's his partners favorite team so that's pressure. All you guys need to know is that Scully on the X Files was named in honor of a famous baseball announcer.

@Moonlight other parts of Latin America I've been to beisebol es el Rey. But I do remember that about futbol from being in Brazil & Argentina Smile
@snufkin

I know what the first pitch is Wink but I don't know the rules of the game because I don't follow it Smile
Here it's all about soccer Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 4 Jul - 0:12

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin wrote:First pitch is the first throw of the game. It's an honor to be asked, usually for public service or your work. I get the impression that it's his partners favorite team so that's pressure. All you guys need to know is that Scully on the X Files was named in honor of a famous baseball announcer.

@Moonlight other parts of Latin America I've been to beisebol es el Rey. But I do remember that about futbol from being in Brazil & Argentina Smile
@snufkin

I know what the first pitch is Wink but I don't know the rules of the game because I don't follow it Smile
@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 4 Jul - 0:18

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

If I'm going to sit down and watch sports, it's either going to be hockey or baseball. I personally can't stand American football.

I can't blame RJ for being nervous about first pitch. I'd be a wreck!

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 4 Jul - 0:24

@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

If I'm going to sit down and watch sports, it's either going to be hockey or baseball.  I personally can't stand American football.

I can't blame RJ for being nervous about first pitch.  I'd be a wreck!

@IoJovi

In my case it's soccer, sometimes I watch tennis matches (mostly Del Potro's  lol! ).
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 4 Jul - 0:38

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

If I'm going to sit down and watch sports, it's either going to be hockey or baseball.  I personally can't stand American football.

@IoJovi

In my case it's soccer, sometimes I watch tennis matches (mostly Del Potro's  lol! ).
@Moonlight13

Even though I am American, I can't stand to watch much baseball and just don't get American football.  I actually played a ton of soccer/football as a kid.  It is very big in my city, especially within the local Catholic school system, which I was a part of.  I don't watch many sports on TV, but if I choose to, it will be soccer/football, tennis or "once every four years Olympic sports" like gymnastics, swimming and diving.

My in-laws are freaking nuts about American football and baseball and it gets irritating at times.  Once my in-laws came over, while my husband and I were living together, but not yet married, and I had Wimbledon on.  My father-in-law had a real asinine moment where he got pissy and made all this annoying commentary about how could we have tennis on when the baseball game was on. Sigh! In fact, come to think of it, there was all kinds of commentary about the house.  I am a bad housekeeper, but the house looked good that day, and still the commentary.  I guess that's why we almost always go there and they don't come to us ... I'm not one for inviting commentators into my house, lol.

Sorry, I kind of derailed there.  But to return to Rian, I would be scared to death too.  Those stadiums are huge and the crowds can be tough.  Just the noise level must be off the charts.  And the whole thing must be like some surreal modern-day version of Gladiator with everyone looking down at you, watching every move.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 4 Jul - 7:11

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

@IoJovi

@Moonlight13

The Souther Americans and us Europeans are quite similar in their sport taste.

I'am in tennis & soccer as well (not much soccer lately because it makes me nervous).

A question for the Americans:
First pitch is a throw of a ball or a kick with the bat?
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 4 Jul - 7:21

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

@IoJovi

@Moonlight13

I'am in tennis & soccer as well (not much soccer lately because it makes me nervous).

@Darth_Awakened

First pitch is the throw of a baseball.

My dad was a huge, huge baseball fan, so I can watch and enjoy baseball and know all of the weird little rules/statistics. I've gotten away from it some in recent years because the team I grew up cheering for is quite frankly, awful and boring.

I do really like football/soccer. We have season passes for the Seattle Sounders FC. Husband is REALLY into football, including following the international teams and getting up at 5am on weekends for certain Premiere League matches.

I've gotten more into (American) NFL football since moving to Seattle (because the Seahawks are a good, fun team with an insanely enthusiastic following here), but prior to our move here, I was always more of a take-it-or-leave-it person with the NFL.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 4 Jul - 7:22

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

Exactly! Laughing
@Moonlight13

@IoJovi

@Moonlight13

@Darth_Awakened

The first pitch is the throw of the ball from the pitcher (thrower) to the catcher. Major league pitchers can throw over 100 km per hour, so it's an intimidating position to live up to.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 4 Jul - 7:35

@SoloSideCousin @ISeeAnIsland

Thank you both for the explanation
@ISeeAnIsland

I have also similar story with my own dad. He was a HUGE sports fan.
There was a period when we were interested in figuring out American sports: (baseball and football).

We stayed "just interested" because we failed to figure it out. It ended with both us looking at a TV screen like the dumb and the dumber.

I find it really amusing how the taste in sports is so different between two continents. Though I'am aware the interest in the US for soccer is growing.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 4 Jul - 8:39

One should probably mention that the "first pitch" is ceremonial. The person doing it doesn't actually start the game.

It would be like putting a soccer ball at the penalty spot before kickoff and having the mayor run up and kick it toward the goal, with the keeper diving to one side or the other, just to make it amusing, while the mayor probably launches it into the stands. Then the goalie runs the ball out toward him, they take a grip-and-grin photo, And then a few minutes later the real game starts.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee on Tue 4 Jul - 9:20

@snufkin wrote:@MelBee - hope you get to see Rian throw a good pitch!
@snufkin

Hope it's like this Laughing !!

I love baseball and the Dodgers are my fav. team. My dad changed cable provider just to get the channel games are on. I played softball in high school. Played as a pitcher because I'm a leftie Cool
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 4 Jul - 10:01

Here's the 10 best ones:

The ten worst ones:

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 4 Jul - 10:12

@Kylo Men wrote:One should probably mention that the "first pitch" is ceremonial. The person doing it doesn't actually start the game.

It would be like putting a soccer ball at the penalty spot before kickoff and having the mayor run up and kick it toward the goal, with the keeper diving to one side or the other, just to make it amusing, while the mayor probably launches it into the stands. Then the goalie runs the ball out toward him, they take a grip-and-grin photo, And then a few minutes later the real game starts.
@Kylo Men

Actually there's something similar in soccer as well, which is ceremonial.
So-called "first kick". Though not on the penalty spot, but at the centre where game always starts.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 5 Jul - 19:16

Family game night... So, is Brian Kesinger saying Rey is a Solo?  Very Happy

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 5 Jul - 19:22

@SanghaRen wrote:Family game night... So, is Brian Kesinger saying Rey is a Solo?  Very Happy

@SanghaRen

Maybe he is saying she will be one... Wink ROFL
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 5 Jul - 20:34

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Family game night... So, is Brian Kesinger saying Rey is a Solo?  Very Happy

@SanghaRen

@Moonlight13

Brian Kesinger is about as overtly Reylo as it gets when it comes to his other art.

If he thinks she's a Solo, something is very, very amiss... Laughing
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 5 Jul - 20:45

Oops, nevermind.

Last edited by WhatGirl on Wed 5 Jul - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 5 Jul - 20:46

@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Moonlight13

Brian Kesinger is about as overtly Reylo as it gets when it comes to his other art.

If he thinks she's a Solo, something is very, very amiss... Laughing
@IoJovi

Look at the hashtag. It's a commission from a Soloist. Naw
They never should have given you Soloists money if that is how you're going to spend it. Just kidding, it's a cute piece lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 5 Jul - 20:52

Kesinger is commissioning anything that his clients ask him. Reylo, Soloist, anything. You don't believe that he actually knows where the story is going, do you? So when someone commissions a Reylo art, that means absolutely nothing, just like commissioning Soloist art doesn't mean anything. In fact, I'd love to commission a Reywalker art cause he didn't draw Luke yet and because I want to see what he makes of cousins. Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum