Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 8:44

Maria Antonietta wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but this needed to be shared, in case you haven't seen it:

@ISeeAnIsland

Is @Maria Antonietta alive? Laughing
@nemapasara

I think she's probably a puddle on the floor right now. Laughing
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm feeling good lol!
@Maria Antonietta

I guess there's no better way to start a day! cheers

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3748
Likes : 17134
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MrsWindu on Wed 9 Aug - 9:14

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but this needed to be shared, in case you haven't seen it:

@ISeeAnIsland

Is @Maria Antonietta alive? Laughing
@nemapasara

I think she's probably a puddle on the floor right now. Laughing
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm feeling good lol!
@Maria Antonietta

I guess there's no better way to start a day! cheers
@Darth_Awakened

For sure as I sip my morning cuppa I have a big ol smile on my face and am grateful we only have 4months !
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 96
Likes : 501
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 9:28

MrsWindu wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but this needed to be shared, in case you haven't seen it:

@ISeeAnIsland

Is @Maria Antonietta alive? Laughing
@nemapasara

I think she's probably a puddle on the floor right now. Laughing
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm feeling good lol!
@Maria Antonietta

I guess there's no better way to start a day! cheers
@Darth_Awakened

For sure as I sip my morning cuppa I have a big ol smile on my face and am grateful we only have 4months !
@MrsWindu

Yes, we're sure that close. I guess being one hour ahead of you I had already my dose of morning cuppas!

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3748
Likes : 17134
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nemapasara on Wed 9 Aug - 9:33

Kyla Ren wrote:
I didn't know Adam said that TLJ would be funny. Smile  Do you remember where he said it or have a link to the interview? Smile
@Kyla Ren

I've been looking for this quote for forever and I remember reading it because people were laughing over the comparisons of John and Daisy saying it was darker to then Adam saying it was funnier. Here's a quote, though, where Adam does talk about the tone of TLJ and that it was fun to play to nuance and ambiguity that Rian injected into the script. I'm pretty sure this is where it comes from.

Collider: That’s all I ever ask, how was the script?

DRIVER: It’s great. It’s similar to how The Empire Strikes Back has a different tone. For that people always go “oooh, it’s dark” but I don’t know that it necessarily is. It’s just different in tone in a way that I think is great and necessary but also very clear. He trusts [that] his audience is ready for nuance and ambiguity. He’s not dumbing anything down for someone and that’s really fun to play.

++link


Last edited by nemapasara on Wed 9 Aug - 10:09; edited 1 time in total
avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 433
Likes : 2982
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 9 Aug - 10:07

Heh, I remember Adam's quote about nuance and ambiguity being the bane of some existences in certain corners of the internet. The part about not dumbing anything down for anyone was taken especially hard. lol!
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1555
Likes : 8700
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 9 Aug - 11:00

nemapasara wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
I didn't know Adam said that TLJ would be funny. Smile  Do you remember where he said it or have a link to the interview? Smile
@Kyla Ren

I've been looking for this quote for forever and I remember reading it because people were laughing over the comparisons of John and Daisy saying it was darker to then Adam saying it was funnier. Here's a quote, though, where Adam does talk about the tone of TLJ and that it was fun to play to nuance and ambiguity that Rian injected into the script. I'm pretty sure this is where it comes from.

Collider: That’s all I ever ask, how was the script?

DRIVER: It’s great. It’s similar to how The Empire Strikes Back has a different tone. For that people always go “oooh, it’s dark” but I don’t know that it necessarily is. It’s just different in tone in a way that I think is great and necessary but also very clear. He trusts [that] his audience is ready for nuance and ambiguity. He’s not dumbing anything down for someone and that’s really fun to play.

++link
@nemapasara

Thanks for the link. Smile  I'll check it out. Smile
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 1843
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 9 Aug - 12:30

Kyla Ren wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
I didn't know Adam said that TLJ would be funny. Smile  Do you remember where he said it or have a link to the interview? Smile
@Kyla Ren

I've been looking for this quote for forever and I remember reading it because people were laughing over the comparisons of John and Daisy saying it was darker to then Adam saying it was funnier. Here's a quote, though, where Adam does talk about the tone of TLJ and that it was fun to play to nuance and ambiguity that Rian injected into the script. I'm pretty sure this is where it comes from.

Collider: That’s all I ever ask, how was the script?

DRIVER: It’s great. It’s similar to how The Empire Strikes Back has a different tone. For that people always go “oooh, it’s dark” but I don’t know that it necessarily is. It’s just different in tone in a way that I think is great and necessary but also very clear. He trusts [that] his audience is ready for nuance and ambiguity. He’s not dumbing anything down for someone and that’s really fun to play.

++link
@nemapasara

Thanks for the link. Smile  I'll check it out. Smile
@Kyla Ren

Collider fanboys are still puzzled by Adam's words lol!
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2623
Likes : 11119
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 9 Aug - 17:21

The internet isn't ready for nuance and ambiguity so I really hope that The Last Jedi delivers there to challenge people to actually think more.
avatar
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 262
Likes : 823
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Helix on Thu 10 Aug - 1:04



Poor Kylo.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2603
Likes : 10176
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 10 Aug - 2:39

Helix wrote:

Poor Kylo.
@Helix

lol! lol!
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2623
Likes : 11119
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nemapasara on Thu 10 Aug - 20:38

avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 433
Likes : 2982
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Thu 10 Aug - 20:42

nemapasara wrote:
@nemapasara

Oh Patty Crabby thank you for that!!!  Laughing

EDIT: I wonder if a lot of these folks that tweet Matt that are obvious Reylos are here on this board?  Patty Crabby routinely tweets him and I wonder if she's here...

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6200
Likes : 33569
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Aug - 20:45

IoJovi wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
@nemapasara

Oh Patty Crabby thank you for that!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

Here we go again!

Btw, I don't know if someone noticed Brezincan called Kylo an aspiring SITH in yesterday's article.

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3748
Likes : 17134
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nemapasara on Thu 10 Aug - 20:46

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
@nemapasara

Oh Patty Crabby thank you for that!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

Here we go again!

Btw, I don't know if someone noticed Brezincan called Kylo an aspiring SITH in yesterday's article.
@Darth_Awakened

Oh boy. Someone needs to tell him.
avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 433
Likes : 2982
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 10 Aug - 20:48

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
nemapasara wrote:
@nemapasara

Oh Patty Crabby thank you for that!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

Here we go again!

Btw, I don't know if someone noticed Brezincan called Kylo an aspiring SITH in yesterday's article.
@Darth_Awakened

I noticed that. Breznican/EW's credibility takes another dive.

And frankly Matt saying this on the day the article comes out, or more accurately,  within hours of it coming out, is pretty freaking telling.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3480
Likes : 15612
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Airemyn on Thu 10 Aug - 21:45

This is all sounding strangely familiar - an article about TLJ is released, and damage control commences. Something tells me that the mystery box has grown to ridiculous proportions and these journalists are creating their own story!
avatar
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 318
Likes : 1498
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 10 Aug - 22:11

It's like all these credible journalists suddenly decide to drink themselves silly before working on a SW piece and unwittingly write their headcanons into their articles lol.

I dunno, Breznican had his finer points in the past, but I suppose we can't forget he has his own preferences and assumptions regarding the story.
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1059
Likes : 7607
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 24
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 10 Aug - 23:02

What I don't understand is aren't you supposed to check your assumptions before you publish? Or maybe it's part of the job to just have your own take on it and have that in the article as though it's more than just your take? (like maybe it is part of the style of this kind of entertainment writing?)
avatar
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 262
Likes : 823
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Helix on Thu 10 Aug - 23:07

I do feel like it's a secrecy/ mystery box thing. They can't say enough without ( or what LF deems as ) 'spoilers', so they end up using their headcanons, assumptions and wishes to fill it out.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2603
Likes : 10176
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ZioRen on Thu 10 Aug - 23:33

Acritiqua wrote:What I don't understand is aren't you supposed to check your assumptions before you publish? Or maybe it's part of the job to just have your own take on it and have that in the article as though it's more than just your take? (like maybe it is part of the style of this kind of entertainment writing?)
@Acritiqua

What he should be doing is making it clear when it's simply his interpretation. Everything related to the facts of the movie and characters that's not directly from Rian's mouth should be made clear to be what he personally took out of what Rian said. Especially since they emphasize the lack of spoilers.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1095
Likes : 6895
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 11 Aug - 0:33

nemapasara wrote:
@nemapasara

Thank God for Matt! Very Happy

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 209
Likes : 1081
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 11 Aug - 3:01

Also Rian liked a cute Reylo tweet today! I know it means nothing but still makes me smile. Very Happy I love you

https://twitter.com/ScavengersHoard/status/895623011784564736


tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 209
Likes : 1081
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 11 Aug - 3:12

avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 880
Likes : 4760
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Fri 11 Aug - 3:21

ReyofLightSide wrote:What's up with this?

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/895767035791134720
@ReyofLightSide

Not that I plan on adhering to them, but these are truly wise words. Especially if you're in our camp... Laughing

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6200
Likes : 33569
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 11 Aug - 3:22

The true promo begins now, more interviews, images, pseudo-spoilers, gates... That's what he means (I think).
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 5992
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum