Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Wed 13 Sep - 18:35

IoJovi wrote:I'll give it the first stab.  Rey is going to see all his secrets, pain, and tragedy laid bare in front of her.

OMG, this is so delicious I could eat it up...
@IoJovi

Maybe some of what they've already seen in each other when he first tries to go after the map and gets distracted by her loneliness and being scared to leave Jakku because of her parents. And vice versa, part of why she looked so hopeful/pensive when she saw him with Han and then raging afterwards. They already know intimate, vulnerable things about each other and likely if we have them forced to spend time together and work together, they're going to learn more about each other and come to understand each other (which was my own sort of idea of what Reylo is, besides how entertaining it is to watch how she upends his expectations/behavior).

It's definitely going to mess with the idea a lot of fans have that she's a perpetually cheerful and good natured orphan with a heart of gold. Not that she isn't, just that there's a persona she's built up in order to survive being abandoned on Jakku at 5 years old.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 13 Sep - 18:38

snufkin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I'll give it the first stab.  Rey is going to see all his secrets, pain, and tragedy laid bare in front of her.

@IoJovi

Maybe some of what they've already seen in each other when he first tries to go after the map and gets distracted by her loneliness and being scared to leave Jakku because of her parents. And vice versa, part of why she looked so hopeful/pensive when she saw him with Han and then raging afterwards. They already know intimate, vulnerable things about each other and likely if we have them forced to spend time together and work together, they're going to learn more.

It's definitely going to mess with the idea a lot of fans have that she's a perpetually cheerful and good natured orphan with a heart of gold. Not that she isn't, just that there's a persona she's built up in order to survive being abandoned on Jakku at 5 years old.
@snufkin

Oh totally.  One of the things I love about these characters is that they are the only two people in the galaxy that do not have the ability to lie to each other, even if they wanted to.  In addition, their loneliness is a shared thing and it's how they will relate to each other.These lyrics, posted by the man Rian himself, reiterate that point.  

Every day for the last two weeks seems to have some amazing little gem attached to it, and I couldn't be more thrilled...

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomObserver on Wed 13 Sep - 18:39

@IoJovi

Two halves of desperation make a whole. I also think the whole waiting for March to release the novelizations is very telling. Something big is going down in TLJ. And if Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor had parts in TLJ, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd ninja stealth them in there and record in private. Bring. It. On.
RandomObserver
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://www.roxannedhoward.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 13 Sep - 18:41

Recognizing someone is crippled inside shows understanding them better, rather than simply seeing a monster.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 13 Sep - 19:04

EchoBase wrote:

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/908023518184464384

Oh, lyrics anyone?

"You can shine your shoes and wear a suit
You can comb your hair and look quite cute
You can hide your face behind a smile
One thing you can't hide
Is when you're crippled inside
You can wear a mask and paint your face
You can call yourself the human race
You can wear a collar and a tie
One thing you can't hide
Well now you know that your
Cat has nine lives
Nine lives to itself
But you only got one
And a dog's life ain't fun
Momma take a look outside
You can go to church and sing a hymn
You can judge me by the color of my skin
You can live a lie until you die
One thing you can't hide
Well now you know that your
Cat has nine lives
Nine lives to itself
But you only got one
And a dog's life ain't fun
Momma take a look outside
You can go to church and sing a hymn
Judge me by the color of my skin
You can live a lie until you die
One thing you can't hide
One thing you can't hide
One thing you can't hide
Is when you're crippled inside"

Freaking out begins in 3,2,1...
@EchoBase

OMG. It's both. They are both crippled inside. Wow.

Hiding behind a smile ... Rey

Hiding behind a mask ... Kylo
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 13 Sep - 19:30

Yeah, that's how I read it too. It's about both of them being crippled/broken inside. Abandonment issues and all that.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 13 Sep - 19:38

Wait wtf...he actually answered that?! affraid

I wouldn't care if he put "Mary Had a Little Lamb"  the fact that he took time to ANSWER a question about Kylo AND Rey is amazing!
He wants people to start talking about them together as one entity and that's awesome.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 13 Sep - 19:46

Xylo Ren wrote:Wait wtf...he actually answered that?! affraid

I wouldn't care if he put "Mary Had a Little Lamb" the fact that he took time to ANSWER a question about Kylo AND Rey is amazing!
He wants people to start talking about them together as one entity and that's awesome.
@Xylo Ren
ROFL  ROFL  ROFL
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Wed 13 Sep - 19:49

Not only I like the fact that the song really captures both of them - each of them hiding behind a facade to conceal their vulnerabilities, but I also love the song and I am ashamed that I did not hear it before. Well, loop, here we go Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 13 Sep - 19:54

Nice choice, Rian H-beating
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 13 Sep - 19:54

AND he took time to look up the song on YouTube AND post the link. AND it's a John Lennon song so triple bonus points for my main man Rian there.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 13 Sep - 19:58

Acritiqua wrote:Recognizing someone is crippled inside shows understanding them better, rather than simply seeing a monster.
@Acritiqua

Exactly. In TFA, Rey called Kylo a "creature in a mask" and a "monster", now she's going to see the broken man behind the mask. Hopefully Kylo will also get a better understanding of Rey too after seeing glimpses of her loneliness.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 13 Sep - 20:17

Ahahaha, so now that I think about it, I know this song from childhood. Because the same much older/teenaged sibling who took me along to see the original movie, I also used to get rides after school and to piano lessons from them and their SO. I have many memories of being stuck in the backseat of a Toyota Corolla with two intense and rebellious teenagers playing Shaved Fish and Imagine on heavy rotation. Which as if the lyrics weren't already kind of pointing in a specific direction, I would say it's interesting that an artist/album I associate with teenagers going through angst/rebellion.

In other Twitter news, Claudia Grey has been speculating about IX as strictly a fan/armchair observer and like most things on there related to Star Wars, it got heated. Definitely sounds like she's not a fan of Trevorrow, so who knows if she would've had to work with him on any future projects, versus Johnson. But whatever went down, she's turning her account over to an assistant.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Wed 13 Sep - 21:05

Woke up to drink water. Going back to sleep. Will freak out about this later.

Godd**n time zones.
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 13 Sep - 21:10

snufkin wrote:Ahahaha, so now that I think about it, I know this song from childhood. Because the same much older/teenaged sibling who took me along to see the original movie, I also used to get rides after school and to piano lessons from them and their SO. I have many memories of being stuck in the backseat of a Toyota Corolla with two intense and rebellious teenagers playing Shaved Fish and Imagine on heavy rotation. Which as if the lyrics weren't already kind of pointing in a specific direction, I would say it's interesting that an artist/album I associate with teenagers going through angst/rebellion.

In other Twitter news, Claudia Grey has been speculating about IX as strictly a fan/armchair observer and like most things on there related to Star Wars, it got heated. Definitely sounds like she's not a fan of Trevorrow, so who knows if she would've had to work with him on any future projects, versus Johnson. But whatever went down, she's turning her account over to an assistant.

@snufkin

It really sucks, but it's not surprising that a-holes have run Claudia Grey off of twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Wed 13 Sep - 21:19

For me that simple tweet has given away quite a lot. I can't see how anyone can deny that there will be more to their relationship now.
Airemyn

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 13 Sep - 21:29

Airemyn wrote:For me that simple tweet has given away quite a lot. I can't see how anyone can deny that there will be more to their relationship now.
@Airemyn

Right? I am so excited! Rian is the best... It really seems they don´t want to keep their potential relationship development in so much secrecy anymore. All these little hints from him are so encouraging! bounce

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Wed 13 Sep - 21:44

@tukicarreno yes the floodgates have opened! The forces of destiny dolls have really gotten people worried too! For me it just indicates that they will have an amazing story to tell and the GAs view of certain characters will change. There is no way they would release a Kylo doll for little girls to play with if he's just going to continue down the path he's been following. People know this, and the salt is glorious.

I'm even seeing people saying things like - "the people who supported Reylo in the beginning were ridiculed and berated, but it now seems they were right all along!"
Airemyn

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 13 Sep - 22:18

The marketing makes it look like Kylo will be walking around half-crying all the time, looking over his shoulder. But those lyrics imply that Kylo will still be (or trying to) put up an impressive front.

So I'm expecting the film to show off his hotness, his amazing new outfit, his Force powers, "intimidating" dialogue and snappy Tie-flying... only for Kylo to completely break down in private with Rey and - maybe? - Leia, leading to more public break-downs, potentially.

I'm all for it. Make him suffer! (But with Rey in close vicinity.)
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 13 Sep - 22:20

I would love it if in the Rey and Kylo fight they break down each other's facades and then are left just staring at one another with their lightsabers down.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 13 Sep - 22:25

@Iseeanisland - it is! I suspect once the movie comes out, things will get really heated. It sounds like she was just being a fan and speculating, but people tried to treat it like she was commenting based on insider information. Which she doesn't have, other than it being obvious she wasn't a fan of Trevorrow but hugely respects Rian Johnson (which is mutual).
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 13 Sep - 23:08

Acritiqua wrote:I would love it if in the Rey and Kylo fight they break down each other's facades and then are left just staring at one another with their lightsabers down.
@Acritiqua

and then have wild, passionate Censored Twisted Evil Embarassed
I'll just show myself out Laughing
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 14 Sep - 1:50

THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 14 Sep - 1:55

rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 14 Sep - 2:06

IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.
@IoJovi I guesss but idk I feel like even if it's not Han Leia style, it is sounding to be still pretty intense between these two...definitely worthy of being a "centerpiece" but I guess we shall see...
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum