Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 14 Sep - 2:16

rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.
@IoJovi I guesss but idk I feel like even if it's not Han Leia style, it is sounding to be still pretty intense between these two...definitely worthy of being a "centerpiece" but I guess we shall see...
@rey09 I'd say the redemption aspect is more the "centerpiece" of the relationship. The romance for that is very different, more of a natural by-product of mutual understanding for an attractive young man plus attractive young woman with chemistry. That's very different from Han/Leia and Anakin/Padme, although I still think they'll "go big or go home". I still very much think the fruition of the resultant feelings (aka the Who's Your Daddy moment a la kiss or declaration of feelings toward the end) is a go. If we're getting Kid!/Younger!Ben and Dad!Han plus a selfless choice on Ben's part, there's no way Rey (and the majority of the audience) won't fall for him.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 14 Sep - 2:20

MeadowofAshes wrote:
rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:THE F*** rian is messing with my heart- he says there's no central romance....AND THEN PROCEEDS TO HINT AT A MAJOR CENTRAL ROMANCE WTFF
@rey09

He said there would be no romance in the style of Han and Leia.  He was very, very specific about that, and even clarified this several times saying he made no statement there wouldn't be any romance at all.  Our ship is sailing smoothly, straight ahead.  I'm giddy at how much he enjoys interacting with our corner of the fandom.
@IoJovi I guesss but idk I feel like even if it's not Han Leia style, it is sounding to be still pretty intense between these two...definitely worthy of being a "centerpiece" but I guess we shall see...
@rey09 I'd say the redemption aspect is more the "centerpiece" of the relationship. The romance for that is very different, more of a natural by-product of mutual understanding for an attractive young man plus attractive young woman with chemistry. That's very different from Han/Leia and Anakin/Padme, although I still think they'll "go big or go home". I still very much think the fruition of the resultant feelings (aka the Who's Your Daddy moment a la kiss or declaration of feelings toward the end) is a go. If we're getting Kid!/Younger!Ben and Dad!Han plus a selfless choice on Ben's part, there's no way Rey (and the majority of the audience) won't fall for him.
@MeadowofAshes

This.  I also think we will get an overt sign (kiss or other wise) of where their relationship is headed, probably at the climax of the film, which again is very different from Han and Leia, who's relationship trajectory was clear right at the beginning of ESB. The audience needs to be on Ben's side first and foremost before they go down that path.  This won't make it any less entertaining to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 14 Sep - 2:26

IoJovi wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@MeadowofAshes

This.  I also think we will get an overt sign (kiss or other wise) of where their relationship is headed, probably at the climax of the film, which again is very different from Han and Leia, who's relationship trajectory was clear right at the beginning of ESB. The audience needs to be on Ben's side first and foremost before they go down that path.  This won't make it any less entertaining to watch.
@IoJovi

Exactly! @IoJovi. That's how I think its going to play out. Wink

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 14 Sep - 2:30

IoJovi wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@MeadowofAshes

This.  I also think we will get an overt sign (kiss or other wise) of where their relationship is headed, probably at the climax of the film, which again is very different from Han and Leia, who's relationship trajectory was clear right at the beginning of ESB.  The audience needs to be on Ben's side first and foremost before they go down that path.  This won't make it any less entertaining to watch.
@IoJovi
Shoot, now I think of it, you're absolutely right. Kiss/I love you could be the climax (turning point) since Rey's conflict is understanding the "monster".
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Thu 14 Sep - 2:53

When I first read Rian's statements regarding romance, I read it a little differently than I heard people interpreting. He was deliberately ambiguous and careful in the wording he chose. First he said, there was "no central romance". I took the word central to mean, one. After hearing John Boyega talk about Finn and Rose, I began to think that there might be two romances going on. One, is Finn and Rose, that they seem to be hinting big at and the second is Rey and Kylo. Rey and Kylo seem to be the hidden and unexpected romance. This is all just speculation on my part, but that was how I read his statements. I know romance is not the plot, but I thought these relationships would be kind of blossoming on the side as the story carries out. I guess we will sell see soon.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 14 Sep - 4:08

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:When I first read Rian's statements regarding romance, I read it a little differently than I heard people interpreting. He was deliberately ambiguous and careful in the wording he chose. First he said, there was "no central romance". I took the word central to mean, one. After hearing John Boyega talk about Finn and Rose, I began to think that there might be two romances going on. One, is Finn and Rose, that they seem to be hinting big at and the second is Rey and Kylo. Rey and Kylo seem to be the hidden and unexpected romance. This is all just speculation on my part, but that was how I read his statements. I know romance is not the plot, but I thought these relationships would be kind of blossoming on the side as the story carries out. I guess we will sell see soon.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I think it's going to be a combination of this and what @MeadowofAshes and @IoJovi are talking about.

I'm very confident that we're getting a FinnRose romance. Heck, as others have pointed out, they've played "Across the Stars" as KMT walks onstage at fan events. That's the one that's going to be the more overt romance.

But while FinnRose is happening, there's going to be UST and understanding starting to build between Rey and Kylo. I bet we get something definitive between them (that'll have people talking for the next two years) either just before or just after they fight the Praetorians together--at the film's climax.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 14 Sep - 4:28

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:When I first read Rian's statements regarding romance, I read it a little differently than I heard people interpreting.  He was deliberately ambiguous and careful in the wording he chose.  First he said, there was "no central romance".  I took the word central to mean, one.  After hearing John Boyega talk about Finn and Rose, I began to think that there might be two romances going on.  One, is Finn and Rose, that they seem to be hinting big at and the second is Rey and Kylo.  Rey and Kylo seem to be the hidden and unexpected romance.  This is all just speculation on my part, but that was how I read his statements.  I know romance is not the plot, but I thought these relationships would be kind of blossoming on the side as the story carries out.   I guess we will sell see soon.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I think it's going to be a combination of this and what @MeadowofAshes and @IoJovi are talking about.

I'm very confident that we're getting a FinnRose romance. Heck, as others have pointed out, they've played "Across the Stars" as KMT walks onstage at fan events. That's the one that's going to be the more overt romance.

But while FinnRose is happening, there's going to be UST and understanding starting to build between Rey and Kylo. I bet we get something definitive between them (that'll have people talking for the next two years) either just before or just after they fight the Praetorians together--at the film's climax.
@ISeeAnIsland

Maybe an almost kiss I love you
Edit: Do you know what would be great? If she touches his scar... Stretcher
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 14 Sep - 5:24

I can see that.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Sep - 12:41

IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@IoJovi

Can someone fill me in? I'm not finding any reference to this. Am I missing something? I just woke up and I see discussion about central romance and yet see no tweet or anything about it. help!

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 14 Sep - 12:58

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@IoJovi

Can someone fill me in? I'm not finding any reference to this. Am I missing something? I just woke up and I see discussion about central romance and yet see no tweet or anything about it. help!

@vaderito

Absolutely.  He was so very, very specific that he was talking about a Han and Leia STYLE romance, when addressing this person who he clearly knew was a Reylo shipper.

https://twitter.com/DannieGruff/status/868103090364456961

I'm still surprised this one wasn't more celebrated as it's basically direct confirmation, even if you have to read between the lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 14 Sep - 13:01

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@IoJovi

@vaderito We're just referencing his old magazine interview that caused the infamous RomanceGate. But it's related to the song Rian Tweeted about Rey and Kylo, which is all about the 2 people being broken and not being able to hide from each other. <3
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Sep - 13:05

OK, thanks! @MeadowofAshes @IoJovi

I wouldn't read that as a romantic tweet, though. I'd say it means they are broken which is common ground but I wouldn't call it a romance confirmation. In general, I don't put much stock in such stuff anyway. They are nice way of interacting with fans but nothing to read too deep into.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 14 Sep - 13:05

IoJovi wrote:
vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@rey09

@IoJovi

@vaderito

Absolutely.  He was so very, very specific that he was talking about a Han and Leia STYLE romance, when addressing this person who he clearly knew was a Reylo shipper.

https://twitter.com/DannieGruff/status/868103090364456961

I'm still surprised this one wasn't more celebrated as it's basically direct confirmation, even if you have to read between the lines.
@IoJovi

I remember that tweet! Yep, it´s like a hidden confirmation... Oh Rian... We will miss you after TLJ.

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 14 Sep - 13:05

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL REYLO SONG. I LOVE THIS SONG
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down