Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 14 Jul - 14:44

vaderito wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Forgive me if this has already been posted but there are some interesting titbits, although annnoyingly it's Mike Zeroh again! Rolling Eyes

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-last-jedi-kylo-ren-ben-solo-flashback/
@motherofpearl1

there are never any interesting tidbits from Movieweb, The Express and Moviepilot. Those sites are like Zeroh and mostly get "scoops" from him. Don't give them clicks.
@vaderito

Why do they take him so seriously when there are so many 'fans' out there? Question
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Fri 14 Jul - 21:07

There are some new images from TLJ on this pinball machine (LOL). The best one is easily that magnificent shot of Kylo Ren kneeling like the questing knight/prince he is:

https://twitter.com/ziicafe/status/885955724731453440
nonesuch
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 14 Jul - 21:24

nonesuch wrote:There are some new images from TLJ on this pinball machine (LOL). The best one is easily that magnificent shot of Kylo Ren kneeling like the questing knight/prince he is:

@nonesuch

lol!
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Jul - 21:30

nonesuch wrote:There are some new images from TLJ on this pinball machine (LOL). The best one is easily that magnificent shot of Kylo Ren kneeling like the questing knight/prince he is:

@nonesuch

Indeed it is. That's the classic praying knight pose - they're not especially subtle with the crusader imagery, are they?

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 14 Jul - 21:41

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@nonesuch

Indeed it is. That's the classic praying knight pose - they're not especially subtle with the crusader imagery, are they?

@Darth Dingbat

I'M NOT IMAGINING HIM KNEELING IN FRONT OF REY. NO.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 14 Jul - 21:46

@nonesuch

That is amazing! My jaw dropped a bit. If they put this image on a poster, I am so getting it.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Fri 14 Jul - 22:14

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0486410e-da95-4178-9ac7-52daf6bfd633_3.d4a7ccaa24a5bc0968d5a22230870fe4.jpeg

High-res! You can see loads of cool details with the better quality, including Snoke and the porgs. This is the best pinball machine ever!
nonesuch
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Fri 14 Jul - 22:22

The practical side of me is wondering how Kylo can pose like that without slicing off his wrist and burning a hole in the ground. But it looks great!
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 14 Jul - 22:36

nonesuch wrote:https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0486410e-da95-4178-9ac7-52daf6bfd633_3.d4a7ccaa24a5bc0968d5a22230870fe4.jpeg

High-res! You can see loads of cool details with the better quality, including Snoke and the porgs. This is the best pinball machine ever!
@nonesuch

More specifically, a Porg landing on R2D2...   So, MSW's merch source must have sent them a pic of this game.

You can see Kylo's mask on the ground in front of him as he kneels, so he must not have smashed it yet when this shot takes place.

ETA: Also, more of those Praetorian guards!

And Rey's costume change is looking pretty gray there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 14 Jul - 22:45

Took me a while to find Snoke Laughing I was searching for his gold bling, but he's just the grey cloud next to the guards. I can't stop staring at knight Kylo I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Fri 14 Jul - 22:55

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nonesuch wrote:https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0486410e-da95-4178-9ac7-52daf6bfd633_3.d4a7ccaa24a5bc0968d5a22230870fe4.jpeg

@nonesuch

More specifically, a Porg landing on R2D2...   So, MSW's merch source must have sent them a pic of this game.

You can see Kylo's mask on the ground in front of him as he kneels, so he must not have smashed it yet when this shot takes place.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yup, about MSW source for the porgs on R2-D2. The Kylo is so knight-like OMG.
What's up with that Pret. guard. There is a face behind it, altough the eyes are a bit crazy, they are not in line with each other!(artist impression?)  I'm intrigued by this Wink
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:03

See, guys?

When you're an omninous floating head in RED, you're at the very least an antagonist.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 14 Jul - 23:04

Some thoughts on this;

1) Snoke looks more menacing in that picture than he seemed in the entirety of TFA
2) Those porgs creep me out; they look like the offspring of birds and rabbits to me
3) The Praetorian guards look like Samurai
4) Why did they place a bird's-eye view of Ahch-To-looking cliffs to Rey's left? I'm reminded of that rumor about the water tank plus the other rumor that Rey falls from a cliff into water - if they're real, how significant will this scene be if they place it on merch?
5) I'm surprisingly unimpressed by Rey's new outfit and hairstyle to be honest, but I'm quite interested to see how and where she obtains those new rags
6) Curious to know who Kylo might be kneeling for; he doesn't so much as bow for Snoke's holo, and judging from the book the entire leverage for Snoke to use him was built on trust
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:07

@Rimfaxe96

He's kneeling before his mask.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 14 Jul - 23:10

Piper Maru wrote:@Rimfaxe96

@Piper Maru

Physically speaking yes, but I don't think the helmet is the reason why he's kneeling.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:12

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:@Rimfaxe96

@Piper Maru

Physically speaking yes, but I don't think the helmet is the reason why he's kneeling.
@Rimfaxe96

It's a classic Hamlet-ish pose ("to be or not to be") but linked to Knight Templar imagery.

He's contemplating his existence and very possibly questioning himself (which is what the whole "looking at the mask" represents) while immersed in reverence for a bigger power (kneeling).
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 14 Jul - 23:19

Interesting. I had a job for awhile working for a gaming company where they would license themes from various media companies. And one of the companies during the time I was there was Lucasfilm, to produce games for both Star Wars and Indiana Jones. OT only, like I never saw anything related to the PT. But 1) We had a test room filled with all sort of different game types to do testing/modeling on, including a lot of games made for the Japanese market. Like games which looked more like pinball machines, or at least Pachinko, compared to what you tend to see in places like Las Vegas. So not surprised that the first image would come view a Japanese games enthusiast 2) They were doing a big push to get the Indy games out the door ahead of the release of the Crystal Skull. I had to sit on the opposite side of game tester (same guy who unironically would brag that he thought he was the Han Solo of that office, right dude Han would totally work 9-5 in a cube) and listen to him test the sound files on these games. But there was no way in Hell that they'd ever reveal anything in these games which were being built/tested by a 3rd party vendor ahead of the release. Lucasfilm actually provided a screening for the people who worked on that release and I remember my coworker (who did all the tech and math documentation) saying how surprised they were about a lot of things in there. Probably how lame it was that they got Shia LeBeouf to play Marion and Indy's kid. But having been in proximity to those type of teams/projects, while I'm sure somebody like my cube neighbor would LOVE to blab about any spoilers he ran across, the chances seem pretty slim.

Also that whole Kylo pose is exactly the same type of pose/reference when they first show him and Rey together at SKB. She wakes up to find him kneeling in front of her.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:22

I'm so glad with this lol honestly, Kylo's imagery is PERFECT. He is Lancelot in the Galaxy Far, Far Away, and I'm in love with it!
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 14 Jul - 23:26

The image of Luke, on this pinball machine, he looks angry.

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 14 Jul - 23:28

Piper Maru wrote:I'm so glad with this lol honestly, Kylo's imagery is PERFECT. He is Lancelot in the Galaxy Far, Far Away, and I'm in love with it!
@Piper Maru

Speaking of Lancelot, that almost lines up with the databank bios where Kylos says that he'd "pledged an oath of loyalty only to Snoke." But then next sentences are all about Rey and these mysterious connections and feelings that happen when he "captures" her.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:31

snufkin wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:I'm so glad with this lol honestly, Kylo's imagery is PERFECT. He is Lancelot in the Galaxy Far, Far Away, and I'm in love with it!
@Piper Maru

Speaking of Lancelot, that almost lines up with the databank bios where Kylos says that he'd "pledged an oath of loyalty only to Snoke." But then next sentences are all about Rey and these mysterious connections and feelings that happen when he "captures" her.
@snufkin

How about this, then? Laughing

An old man, a girl and a tortured knight.

Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 14 Jul - 23:32

I would imagine Kylo is kneeling before Snoke. I know he didn't bow and scrape before the massive hologram but I should think it's different when they're actually in the same room together. Whether Snoke is physically tall or not, he won't be as imposing as the hologram in the flesh and will probably have a bit of a Trump complex. Bonus points if they have the Snoke/force equivalent of Trump's weird handshake going on, lol.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 14 Jul - 23:33

Interesting the guards are reminiscent of the knights of ren- I know some were thinking the knights become the guard.
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 14 Jul - 23:39

Our boy also lost his left hand lmao.

Now he's truly a Skywalker.

Compare to the right hand:

Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 14 Jul - 23:44

@Piper Maru - those knights sure do spend a lot of time on their hair!

@Darth Dementor posted an essay about the PT awhile back that went through all the different tropes and works in canon (real academic canon) about how Lucas had tried to write it to follow the European Medieval Courtly love.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum