Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Blood Moon on Fri 14 Jul - 23:56

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I would imagine Kylo is kneeling before Snoke. I know he didn't bow and scrape before the massive hologram but I should think it's different when they're actually in the same room together. Whether Snoke is physically tall or not, he won't be as imposing as the hologram in the flesh and will probably have a bit of a Trump complex. Bonus points if they have the Snoke/force equivalent of Trump's weird handshake going on, lol.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Watch out Rey, you better not eat to much on Ahch-to before you meet up with Trump/Snoke. Razz
" ooh the scavenger you look so beautifulllll and in good shape", (or whatever the creep told  Macron's wife)
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 15 Jul - 0:17

nonesuch wrote:https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0486410e-da95-4178-9ac7-52daf6bfd633_3.d4a7ccaa24a5bc0968d5a22230870fe4.jpeg

High-res! You can see loads of cool details with the better quality, including Snoke and the porgs. This is the best pinball machine ever!
@nonesuch

OH MY GOSH IT'S STARTING IT'S STARTING

ALSO KYLO LOOKS HOT AS FUUUUHHHHHHHHH

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Sat 15 Jul - 0:28; edited 2 times in total
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 15 Jul - 0:22

snufkin wrote:Interesting. I had a job for awhile working for a gaming company where they would license themes from various media companies. And one of the companies during the time I was there was Lucasfilm, to produce games for both Star Wars and Indiana Jones. OT only, like I never saw anything related to the PT. But 1) We had a test room filled with all sort of different game types to do testing/modeling on, including a lot of games made for the Japanese market. Like games which looked more like pinball machines, or at least Pachinko, compared to what you tend to see in places like Las Vegas. So not surprised that the first image would come view a Japanese games enthusiast 2) They were doing a big push to get the Indy games out the door ahead of the release of the Crystal Skull. I had to sit on the opposite side of game tester (same guy who unironically would brag that he thought he was the Han Solo of that office, right dude Han would totally work 9-5 in a cube) and listen to him test the sound files on these games. But there was no way in Hell that they'd ever reveal anything in these games which were being built/tested by a 3rd party vendor ahead of the release. Lucasfilm actually provided a screening for the people who worked on that release and I remember my coworker (who did all the tech and math documentation) saying how surprised they were about a lot of things in there. Probably how lame it was that they got Shia LeBeouf to play Marion and Indy's kid. But having been in proximity to those type of teams/projects, while I'm sure somebody like my cube neighbor would LOVE to blab about any spoilers he ran across, the chances seem pretty slim.

Also that whole Kylo pose is exactly the same type of pose/reference when they first show him and Rey together at SKB. She wakes up to find him kneeling in front of her.
@snufkin

HOW CAN YOU SAY THERE'S NO SPOILER IN THIS?!? A PORG LANDS ON R2!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 0:24

I'm just now seeing this. My first reaction when I see Kylo kneeling. "Holy sith my ovaries!!!"

My second reaction when I see what Piper Maru pointed out about Kylo's missing left hand. "NOOOoooooooo!!!"

At least this will finally end the debate about who's the real Skywalker, so there is that...

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 15 Jul - 0:26

@ISeeAnIsland - Ha! Yes you're right on that count because it is blatantly Disney

Also spoiler alert, Kylo looks like he got a Brazilian blowout as part of his Darkside training. Can't see the detail about one of his hands missing.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 0:29

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - Ha! Yes you're right on that count because it is blatantly Disney

Also spoiler alert, Kylo looks like he got a Brazilian blowout as part of his Darkside training. Can't see the detail about one of his hands missing.
@snufkin

His hand looks like a black stump. Compare that to how detailed his right hand looks (includes fingers and other such needed items) and you'll see the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 15 Jul - 0:32

I think his hand is just balled up in a fist. It's leaning on his knee.

I see his knuckles and everything.

Why would they replace his hand with a stump??? Lmao surely he'd get a robotic hand at the least...
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 15 Jul - 0:35

Xylo Ren wrote:I think his hand is just balled up in a fist. It's leaning on his knee.

Why would they replace his hand with a stump??? Lmao surely he'd get a robotic hand at the least...
@Xylo Ren

I agree. I think it's just balled up and at an odd sort of angle.

And really, if Kylo isn't supposed to be appealing to the female audience...between this, the poster, the trailer shot, etc.... someone in marketing needs to be fired.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 0:35

Xylo Ren wrote:I think his hand is just balled up in a fist. It's leaning on his knee.

@Xylo Ren

It still looks odd compared to his right hand.  Still, I hope you're right because I'm not a fan of our boy losing any of his appendages...

@ISeeAnIsland Right? I have yet to see a TLJ related image of Kylo that doesn't make my head swoon. I'm not just talking about oh yeah he's attractive, I'm talking OMG I can't stop staring!!!

Last edited by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 0:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 15 Jul - 0:37

Wait, also they added some kind of trigger to his lightsaber and the blade looks a lot more stable:

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 15 Jul - 0:40

Yeah I thought it looked more balled up. Which was one of the details when they first show him 'kneeling' in front of Rey and watching her sleep (dude, this is a creepy thing to do if you and the young lady have not first become properly acquainted with one another), it's the only time his hands are fully extended and relaxed. Otherwise his hands are balled up/clenched into fists.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sat 15 Jul - 0:48

Someone pointed out elsewhere that in the water below Luke, you can see a submerged x-wing. I think it means that if Luke leaves Ahch-To, it won't be by his own ship. Convenient then that Kylo's personal TIE fighter apparently has room for two. Razz
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Sat 15 Jul - 0:51

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

I agree. I think it's just balled up and at an odd sort of angle.

And really, if Kylo isn't supposed to be appealing to the female audience...between this, the poster, the trailer shot, etc....  someone in marketing needs to be fired.
@ISeeAnIsland

If he's supposed to be Evil and Scary, marketing is also utterly failing to convey that too. Smile
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 15 Jul - 1:12

WhatGirl wrote:Someone pointed out elsewhere that in the water below Luke, you can see a submerged x-wing. I think it means that if Luke leaves Ahch-To, it won't be by his own ship. Convenient then that Kylo's personal TIE fighter apparently has room for two. Razz
@WhatGirl

Ooh, good catch!  Now that you bring it up, I do see the submerged X-wing.  I guess he never improved on his raising-submerged-X-wing Force skills from his time on Dagobah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 15 Jul - 1:29

Knight!Kylo looks pretty damn great.

Though of course I have think his pose through logically and conclude that realistically, his lightsaber would go right through the floor and Kylo would topple over Smile
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 1:31

Saracene wrote:Knight!Kylo looks pretty damn great.

Though of course I have think his pose through logically and conclude that realistically, his lightsaber would go right through the floor and Kylo would topple over Smile
@Saracene

They don't call it durasteel for nothing!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 15 Jul - 1:48

Mark keeps talking about how surprising and unexpected his performance will be on TLJ! Hmmm. Maybe all those dark Luke rumors will be right! Smile

Check it out!

Last edited by tukicarreno on Sat 15 Jul - 2:01; edited 1 time in total

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 15 Jul - 1:55

tukicarreno wrote:Mark keeps talking about how surprised and unexpected his performance will be on TLJ! Hmmm. Maybe all those dark Luke rumors will be right! Smile

Check it out!

@tukicarreno

Paraphrasing here but..."We've seen so much in Star Wars already, you have to find a way to throw the audience a curveball and keep them on the edge of their seats."

Even if we're not getting Dark! Luke... There is going to be something very unexpected about Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 15 Jul - 2:07

Lmao, Mark giving the hint.

He actually said: you have to find ANOTHER WAY to throw a curveball and keep the audience on their seats.

It's ANOTHER twist, something NEW and FRESH, not something you saw 4 decades ago.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 2:09

Piper Maru wrote:Lmao, Mark giving the hint.

He actually said: you have to find ANOTHER WAY to throw a curveball and keep the audience on their seats.

It's ANOTHER twist, something NEW and FRESH, not something you've seen 4 decades ago.
@Piper Maru

If it's not Dark!Luke, it's crazy, off-his-rocker Luke. He's definitely not the same person we saw at the end of RotJ. OMG I can't wait!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 15 Jul - 2:11

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:Mark keeps talking about how surprised and unexpected his performance will be on TLJ! Hmmm. Maybe all those dark Luke rumors will be right! Smile

Check it out!

@tukicarreno

Paraphrasing here but..."We've seen so much in Star Wars already, you have to find a way to throw the audience a curveball and keep them on the edge of their seats."

Even if we're not getting Dark! Luke...  There is going to be something very unexpected about Luke.
@ISeeAnIsland

He also said he was shocked, so I'm pretty sure it's something totally unexpected.
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 15 Jul - 2:11

And there are no long lost children waiting for a "I am you father" moment. Laughing

Because, you know, they already did that.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 15 Jul - 2:32

Ha, oh man even crazy get off of my lawn Luke is going to upset so many of the purists. Although it's not LF fault that some rabid fans decided on their own that Rey was his daughter and that the rest of the ST was going to be Luke's Awesome Adventures, part II. But they're going to be piiiiisssed! Hell, they're going to be mad that it's not the fallback position a lot of people have taken that Rey will be Luke's muse or inspire him out of his depression to get back into the fight.

This wouldn't even be a huge surprise because the passage Claudia Grey wrote in Bloodline. about Leia remembering Luke's "beatific" expression telling her about their father's death sounded pretty off. Like she's probably standing there with a tight smile during the entire exchange going "how nice for you" while thinking "Good Lord, are you that desperate for a heroic father figure and acknowledgement from our awful dad, that you're going to forgive all the sh***y things he did to us?"

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 15 Jul - 2:52; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 15 Jul - 2:50

I am so excited!!!  I love OT Luke but I am so ready for angst Luke!!  I can't wait to see what went down with him and his nephew!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 15 Jul - 2:52

@snufkin, this might sound petty but I can't wait for heads to explode because Luke is no longer the pure hero. Now, I feel he will be interesting... Wink

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum