Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 17 Jul - 15:29

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@Darth_Awakened: I suppose one possibility is that the film simply is that densely structured. TFA was so fast that I thought TLJ might have a tad slower pace, but perhaps the pace is even faster Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I suppose one possibility is that the film simply is that densely structured. TFA was so fast that I thought TLJ might have a tad slower pace, but perhaps the pace is even faster Razz

I hope not.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 17 Jul - 15:30

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:As for something else that doesn't fit: Iceland. Does this clapboard say scene 26?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGLcExQNQsJ/?taken-by=julianbucknall

Is Iceland an Ahch-To location? A flashback planet?
@Darth Dingbat

Hmm. could they use it for Ahch-To or inside of Force Tree? Parts of Crait?
@ReyofLightSide

I thought parts of Crait was possible, but if the scene is that early that doesn't seem likely. It could be Ahch-To, depending on where exactly they were filming, as the landscape is quite variable. For example, these places could be on Ahch-To:

Spoiler:

But the Black Sand Beach probably not.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 17 Jul - 15:31

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:As for something else that doesn't fit: Iceland. Does this clapboard say scene 26?

@Darth Dingbat

Hmm. could they use it for Ahch-To or inside of Force Tree? Parts of Crait?
@ReyofLightSide

I thought parts of Crait was possible, but if the scene is that early that doesn't seem likely. It could be Ahch-To, depending on where exactly they were filming, as the landscape is quite variable. For example, these places could be on Ahch-To:

Spoiler:

But the Black Sand Beach probably not.
@Darth Dingbat

There is a rumor of a fight on a beach, but I don't think the main actors traveled to Iceland that we know of.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 17 Jul - 15:32

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I zoomed the thing.
It looks to me that the first number (which is blurry as heck) is three - so it would be 326
@Darth_Awakened

I think it says S26, 2016, 355, and then something I can't make out. I don't know what any of that means (except 2016) - I suppose 355 could be the scene number, not 26?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 17 Jul - 15:40

@Darth Dingbat

That terrain looks like Crait:

Apparently, Crait has pretty varied look, not just salt flats.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 17 Jul - 15:43

Oh my, people, you are all super active!

@Darth Dingbat @Darth_Awakened

It's S26 imo too. A planet where Kylo trained in isolation for flashbacks? Just an idea, nothing concrete to back it up.

@WhatGirl

I love the idea that Kylo could be with the Resistance in that pic. That would be a shocker and since the actors and the director keep saying the movie will go against expectations, it would fit.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 17 Jul - 15:46

@SanghaRen wrote:Oh my, people, you are all super active!

It's S26 imo too. A planet where Kylo trained in isolation for flashbacks? Just an idea, nothing concrete to back it up.

@WhatGirl

I love the idea that Kylo could be with the Resistance in that pic. That would be a shocker and since the actors and the director keep saying the movie will go against expectations, it would fit.
@SanghaRen

The idea of Kylo and Finn working together gets me more exited than everything else so far. Please let this happen.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 17 Jul - 15:57

@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

The idea of Kylo and Finn working together gets me more exited than everything else so far. Please let this happen.
@EchoBase

I know. I always had this headcanon of them having to work together with greeted teeth. And then Kylo saving Finn would nail it. I actually think Finn would even forgive him for the slashing. They'll go drink some SW beer together while the Kylo haters would be hyperventilating : Kylo and Finn as friends Shocked  I wonder if that would not be worse than a romantic Reylo for some people.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 17 Jul - 16:02

@SanghaRen wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

I know. I always had this headcanon of them having to work together with greeted teeth. And then Kylo saving Finn would nail it. I actually think Finn would even forgive him for the slashing. They'll go drink some SW beer together while the Kylo haters would be hyperventilating : Kylo and Finn as friends Shocked  I wonder if that would not be worse than a romantic Reylo for some people.
@SanghaRen

Isn't Finn the first person in TFA Kylo shows compassion for? There's much potential in all this. I wouldn't say friendship, but somehow the two of them working together would be fascinating with all that insider information of the FO they've got.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 17 Jul - 16:08

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Blood Moon wrote:https://twitter.com/fandango/status/886689968860483584

Finn wants Rey to stop "kumbaya-ing" in the mountains Razz
@Blood Moon

That is hilarious! She needs to get down with that glow stick and make it happen! Smile
@Cowgirlsamurai

I really have to say this : John Boyega is one cool dude. That joke in the BTS reel on RJ not being able to make a wookie sound is also gold.

@EchoBase

Fully agree. They would be a very powerful team to bring down the FO. And yes, it would be a nice callback to Kylo letting him off the hook at the beginning of TFA, which is often overlooked.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 17 Jul - 16:20

@EchoBase wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

@SanghaRen

Isn't Finn the first person in TFA Kylo shows compassion for? There's much potential in all this. I wouldn't say friendship, but somehow the two of them working together would be fascinating with all that insider information of the FO they've got.
@EchoBase

Yes and Kylo didn't kill him in their fight. He badly injured him but I wondered why he didn't just stab him and end it.

Perhaps this is the shocker- the Kylo/Finn romance. Finnlo? Benn? #canon Razz
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Persephone on Mon 17 Jul - 16:36

@SanghaRen wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

@SanghaRen

You guys! I always thought I was alone in this headcanon Very Happy yes, this would truly be amazing. Reylo is a no brainer for me, I am 99 per cent sure it will happen at some point, but how awesome would it be for Finn and Kylo to become allies and then maybe even friends after their browl on SB. It would send a very inspiring message. Especially since Finn has already been established as a very kind, very good man, a true hero, who wouldn't have a hard time forgiving.
Persephone
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 17 Jul - 16:38

Well, there's that spoiler about Kylo killing Phasma. That couldn't happen before Finn fights her. So if she and Finn cross paths again, I guess that's Kylo's big chance to win Finn's heart. of course, Rose is gonna scratch Kylo's face, no kitten scratch this time. lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 17 Jul - 16:39

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

Yes and Kylo didn't kill him in their fight. He badly injured him but I wondered why he didn't just stab him and end it.

Perhaps this is the shocker- the Kylo/Finn romance. Finnlo? Benn? #canon  Razz
@ReyofLightSide

We're gonna ship Kylo with everybody: Reylo, Kylux, Snylo, Finnlo, etc... I'll add Phaslo because they appear way too close on the VF pic! Next please? lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 17 Jul - 16:41; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 17 Jul - 16:41

@ReyofLightSide

A love triangle. Reylo against Finnlo! Totally unexpected, it's THE twist. I am sure someone somewhere already ships it.

I think he did not stab him because JB signed up for 3 movies and JJ would have been pissed Smile Honestly, I don't think he cared if Finn was dead or not at this point. I don't see compassion here. I am not even sure I'd call it compassion at the beginning of TFA. It's not like Finn not shooting the villagers had big consequences so I could see Kylo thinking "oh, well, it's not that important." As mentioned many times on this forum by different people, he's not the Vader type choking people left and right. Mitaka survived his confrontation too.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 17 Jul - 16:52

@reylo1992 wrote:Lol we're gonna ship Kylo with everybody: Reylo, Kylux, Snylo, Finnlo, etc... I'll add Phaslo because they appear way too close on the VF pic! Next please?

So are we confirming that Kylo is in fact the face that launched a thousand ships? Wink

Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 17 Jul - 16:55

@Tex wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:Lol we're gonna ship Kylo with everybody: Reylo, Kylux, Snylo, Finnlo, etc... I'll add Phaslo because they appear way too close on the VF pic! Next please?

So are we confirming that Kylo is in fact the face that launched a thousand ships? Wink

@Tex

That looks like! sunny sunny sunny
reylo1992
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 17 Jul - 17:42

Okay, what about this shot then? Looks like it might be Poe on the left, Rose in the middle with a bag, Finn on the right with a gun? If it's Finn, he's not wearing his leather jacket.

Where are they off to?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 17 Jul - 17:51

Random thought that just popped into my head... When Pablo has gotten bogged down with questions about "gray" Jedi and using both sides of the Force, he's been consistent in saying that using the Dark side has a price, etc.

I think that most of us have interpreted that negatively, with regards to Kylo, and his chance for redemption/recovery, etc. What if it actually applies to Luke in some way?
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 17:57

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Random thought that just popped into my head...  When Pablo has gotten bogged down with questions about "gray" Jedi and using both sides of the Force, he's been consistent in saying that using the Dark side has a price, etc.

I think that most of us have interpreted that negatively, with regards to Kylo, and his chance for redemption/recovery, etc.  What if it actually applies to Luke in some way?
@ISeeAnIsland

I think it's def related to Luke being  "too much like his father." And it's a common theme in fairy tales about using Dark or Blood Magick.

To @Piper Maru's earlier point, remember how Ben responds to Han calling him his son by saying "I destroyed him." Same verb.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 17 Jul - 18:14

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Random thought that just popped into my head...  When Pablo has gotten bogged down with questions about "gray" Jedi and using both sides of the Force, he's been consistent in saying that using the Dark side has a price, etc.

I think that most of us have interpreted that negatively, with regards to Kylo, and his chance for redemption/recovery, etc.  What if it actually applies to Luke in some way?
@ISeeAnIsland

I think it's def related to Luke being  "too much like his father." And it's a common theme in fairy tales about using Dark or Blood Magick.

To @Piper Maru's earlier point, remember how Ben responds to Han calling him his son by saying "I destroyed him." Same verb.
@snufkin

Yeap. "Destroy", in intimate/confessional contexts, is often used when you "die inside" or when you "kill" something metaphorically.

"I destroyed my relationship because I cheated", "I destroyed my reputation when I drank tequila in public" etc.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 17 Jul - 18:16

@reylo1992 wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

@SanghaRen

@EchoBase

Perhaps this is the shocker- the Kylo/Finn romance. Finnlo? Benn? #canon  Razz
@ReyofLightSide

We're gonna ship Kylo with everybody: Reylo, Kylux, Snylo, Finnlo, etc... I'll add Phaslo because they appear way too close on the VF pic! Next please? lol! lol!  lol!
@reylo1992

I'll spearhead the Mazlo ship! It's what Daisy was referring to when she said "Rian wrote a story that's unexpected but right. " lol!

-Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REYLO
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 17 Jul - 18:58

I fear that the "unexpected but right" stuff we've gotten from Mark and Daisy= you're not going to like some of the things that happen in this movie and you won't get why they had to happen until later on. silent
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 19:35

@Piper Maru wrote:
@snufkin

Yeap. "Destroy", in intimate/confessional contexts, is often used when you "die inside" or when you "kill" something metaphorically.

"I destroyed my relationship because I cheated", "I destroyed my reputation when I drank tequila in public" etc.

@Piper Maru

It took the home video release for me to catch that they had Han and Ben both use the same verb in English, destroy. Which like you said, has connotations beyond a physical destruction like bloodshed and loss of life. Not that those two events didn't happen and a resulting tragedy. But that whatever Ben did, as with his statement in Kylo persona to Han about destroying Ben for being weak and foolish (like you are, my father), is was to completely obliterate and salt the Earth of whatever Luke had been trying to do. And in the discussions with Snoke, the boss's agenda is preventing the return of [the family last name/legacy] and a new order of Force users. He's willing to let Hux blow up another entire solar system in order to destroy the map. So it's bigger than just a battle and loss of life, it's about completely wiping out something that's intertwined both with the family legacy, identities, and the larger spiritual/academic/social order of Force users that's central to their collective existence.

Also maybe this is time to bump back up the thread (I think maybe @ISeeanIsland started it?) about theories regarding whatever the heck happened at whatever the heck Luke was involved with? Because we had talked about it being like those utopia movements which turn into Hell on Earth.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 17 Jul - 19:43

@snufkin wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@snufkin

@Piper Maru

It took the home video release for me to catch that they had Han and Ben both use the same verb in English, destroy. Which like you said, has connotations beyond a physical destruction like bloodshed and loss of life. Not that those two events didn't happen and a resulting tragedy. But that whatever Ben did, as with his statement in Kylo persona to Han about destroying Ben for being weak and foolish (like you are, my father), is was to completely obliterate and salt the Earth of whatever Luke had been trying to do. And in the discussions with Snoke, the boss's agenda is preventing the return of [the family last name/legacy] and a new order of Force users. He's willing to let Hux blow up another entire solar system in order to destroy the map. So it's bigger than just a battle and loss of life, it's about completely wiping out something that's intertwined both with the family legacy, identities, and the larger spiritual/academic/social order of Force users that's central to their collective existence.

Also maybe this is time to bump back up the thread (I think maybe @ISeeanIsland started it?) about theories regarding whatever the heck happened at whatever the heck Luke was involved with? Because we had talked about it being like those utopia movements which turn into Hell on Earth.
@snufkin

Here's the thread. Speculate away!

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t59p200-what-really-happened-at-luke-s-jedi-let-s-not-call-it-an-academy-place-your-thoughts
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum