@ISeeanIsland - thanks!

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by MelBee on Tue 18 Jul - 0:41

https://twitter.com/daisyridreynews/status/887088625468547072

Is there a full interview from fandango?
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 18 Jul - 1:28

I liked that in new cast interview on the question "will be there gray" they said yes, and most strong "yes" was from Daisy, I know everyone thinks it's about Luke, but it's general thing too, and in "gray star wars" I see gray Kylo too, because I don't wait him becoming all light and "angel" and it wouldn't be logical-realistic and I don't want it, if I wanted uninteresting light hero, there are lots of other characters, but we all love our dark knight Smile
and in general it's natural for star wars to evolve, as cinematography evolves, I think today it's gray characters time, with their complexity, because people in real life are grey and we don't want to see 2 dimensional black-white fairytailish stories/characters any more Smile

p.s. I don't understand why Adam Driver is missing in promotion, I mean he isn't on events, celebration, interviews ??? when secondary characters (like Rose, Phasma ) are everywhere ... I think he is most popular no matter that, but it's kind of unfair
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 1:29

@WhatGirl wrote:Several people on tumblr have made a pretty incredible observation that a couple of behind-the-scenes shots seem to suggest that Kylo is in this room with Poe, Finn, and Rose:

https://fatertot.tumblr.com/post/163029538264/okay-guys-hear-me-out-i-think-these-two-shots-are

The background is the same, you can see that the doorway is the exact same color and design. There is speculation that Poe is visible on the side of the second screenshot. While I'm not fully certain about that, or any of this really, I want to BELIEVE, damn it. Razz

It's been noted by many of us here that there is nothing remotely evil or intimidating about Kylo's expression in this particular frame. His face is open and vulnerable. I'd say he looks very concerned about something.

My own observation (I could be wrong) is that he seems to be seated, quite passively. The Resistance members are standing and discussing something among themselves, while Kylo appears to be listening/paying attention to someone speak offscreen.

***edit to add: Kylo is looking up and to the left, which would work on a linear level if he is indeed looking at someone who is standing and speaking pretty much exactly where Poe is in the first shot.

I can't really imagine that these three characters could possibly hold someone like Kylo captive against his will, so I'm thinking he surrendered peacefully (again, if he is really there with them at all) and they're possibly arguing about whether he can be trusted.

The absence of Leia could be noteworthy. Maybe she's occupied with something elsewhere, or this is the point of the film when she's been injured/put into a coma (according to early rumors, anyway). If the FO were responsible then Kylo would want to help take them down for that.
@WhatGirl

I am way behind, but I think that there is something to this theory. Kylo is sitting, slumped shouldered, in a room with people. He would never have body language like that in public with the FO. Second the lighting does not look like a FO/Imperial set. There is always a kind of grey crispness to those. In the same vein that light behind him seems too bright and/or too almost natural for FO. Thirdly,  there is another shot if him standing,  looking very much like here, where the surroundings are white. It doesn't mean it's Resistance,  but it doesn't look FO either. Just the fact that he is sitting at all and looking so vulnerable near people goes against a FO setting IMO.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 1:37

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:Several people on tumblr have made a pretty incredible observation that a couple of behind-the-scenes shots seem to suggest that Kylo is in this room with Poe, Finn, and Rose:

https://fatertot.tumblr.com/post/163029538264/okay-guys-hear-me-out-i-think-these-two-shots-are

The background is the same, you can see that the doorway is the exact same color and design. There is speculation that Poe is visible on the side of the second screenshot. While I'm not fully certain about that, or any of this really, I want to BELIEVE, damn it. Razz

It's been noted by many of us here that there is nothing remotely evil or intimidating about Kylo's expression in this particular frame. His face is open and vulnerable. I'd say he looks very concerned about something.

My own observation (I could be wrong) is that he seems to be seated, quite passively. The Resistance members are standing and discussing something among themselves, while Kylo appears to be listening/paying attention to someone speak offscreen.

***edit to add: Kylo is looking up and to the left, which would work on a linear level if he is indeed looking at someone who is standing and speaking pretty much exactly where Poe is in the first shot.

I can't really imagine that these three characters could possibly hold someone like Kylo captive against his will, so I'm thinking he surrendered peacefully (again, if he is really there with them at all) and they're possibly arguing about whether he can be trusted.

The absence of Leia could be noteworthy. Maybe she's occupied with something elsewhere, or this is the point of the film when she's been injured/put into a coma (according to early rumors, anyway). If the FO were responsible then Kylo would want to help take them down for that.
@WhatGirl

I am way behind, but I think that there is something to this theory. Kylo is sitting, slumped shouldered, in a room with people. He would never have body language like that in public with the FO. Second the lighting does not look like a FO/Imperial set. There is always a kind of grey crispness to those. In the same vein that light behind him seems too bright and/or too almost natural for FO. Thirdly,  there is another shot if him standing,  looking very much like here, where the surroundings are white. It doesn't mean it's Resistance,  but it doesn't look FO either. Just the fact that he is sitting at all and looking so vulnerable near people goes against a FO setting IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I so want to believe this, and I agree, his demeanor in that photo is so unlike any type of Kylo Ren we've seen in TFA. It could be between takes, but we know AD is a method actor who's in character even when the cameras aren't rolling.   We saw him between takes in TFA, and he always looked like Kylo. Here he has that same lost puppy look, much like the TFA teaser poster.

The one thing that stands out to me though is that Rose and Finn are still in their Resistance attire.  If that's the case, it's before they infiltrate the FO.  

Now, it does seem like the Ach-To scenes may not last as long as we'd hoped, so could it be that Kylo goes back with Rey (and possibly Luke)?  For this to work, Kylo would have to show up to Ach-To extremely early on.

The last two paragraphs are why I'm not completely sold on this, but if anyone has any rebuttals, I'm all ears!

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 1:39

@vaderito wrote:No, you are all wrong.

This is Paige plunge during the D'Qar battle:

Sad Rose holding a necklace of some kind

Rose with the "medallion" on Snoke's mega destroyer

However, this is Rose supposedly sitting on MF ramp as per Slashfilm:

Will Rey, Finn, Rose, Chewie, Poe (Oscar ate a candy when asked if Poe was going to fly MF) all get together on MF?
@vaderito

That's a pretty banged up room Rose is in for it to be FO property.  I also don't think she take time to sit and cry on an FO ship. I bet you anything that Paige was the big hero sister and Rose was the tech in her shadow. Sister's death will make her want to step up and put on that FO uniform.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 1:48

That clip about Rey fighting 2-3 people is LOLworthy. Because once the basics of the Ache-to plot was confirmed (which we'd collectively guessed already), a couple of us were like "he has to bring backup with him after getting his a** handed to him twice by Rey." Fight training scene could be both for that part of the story and the guessed at finale w/the pinball shots of Snoke's guards. It's just funny they keep teasing the Finn-Phasma fight but are so tight lipped about anything to do with how blatantly obvious it is that Kylo will go chasing after Rey again. Like are they trying to keep it on the D/L because having him turn up on Ache-to at any point other than a climatic battle spoils part of the likely "not going to go how you think it is" plotline for the story?

If that's Kylo in a scene, it's *not* with Hux or Snoke. He uses the 1000 mile stare and doesn't make eye contact when he has to face Hux w/out his mask. So unless it's Matt the Radar Technician's buddies (though he'd be cowering if it's Leslie Jones' supervisor), not likely that's a moment where he's being Mr Master of the Knights of Ren and Assistant Regional Vice Manager for the First Order. Especially compared with the first photo some of ya'll saw in person at the SWC panel where they showed first look of him w/the scar he got from Rey. Looks very grim and serious there with his eyes and mouth, compared with that shot.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 1:53; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 18 Jul - 1:50

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SoloSideCousin

I wish it was true, because it means "not so villain Kylo", but I don't think there is enough place behind cameras for Kylo to sit there, and there is window or something like that, which isn't on Kylo's background. if he is behind Finn, then he should look opposite way, +those 3 are talking/standing/looking each other the way, it appears there should be only they,
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:06

Even though the cast is teasing at things being different than what the audience expects, I'd still be really skeptical about Kylo crossing the aisle to spend time with anybody in the Resistance other than his mother. Because he's already rejected the New Republic in his initial defection and is such a snarky jerk to Poe about being Best Pilot in the Resistance. He's with the FO for personal interests and "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" reasons. Look at Han, even with his involvement with the Rebellion, he was never a gung ho member and there more for the personal relationships he had with members.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:07

@WhatGirl

I asked this here a day ago but the thread moved so fast no one saw my question lol it really seems like he's with the good guys. No mask, no cape. Just Ben.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:09

@vaderito wrote:I'm 100% sure he'll be on some Resistance ship but that is not the scene with Finn, Rose and Poe. Just look at those 3, they don't act like there are more people in the room but only 3 of them. If Kylo's on the Resistance ship here:

and/or here:

it's a different scene from Finn/Rose/Poe meeting. I understand the desire to have him there but there's no point in chasing the false lead. If the scene is the Resistance it's something else, not the meeting.
@vaderito

Yeah I was thinking the base, not with them, but the walls seem to hint at the base and not the FO base.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:13

@vaderito wrote:@ladyconsular Or a base, doesn't matter. It isn't FO. Like, very obviously isn't FO. They made sure that color coding and interior design differentiate FO and Resistance at the very first glance and this is not FO at any glance and deep inspection.
@vaderito

I feel at ease with you saying this lol I am so much wanting Kylo to maybe not be redeemed in this movie, but working his way through realizing the right thing is to stop what Snoke's trying to do.

I also wonder if that scene of him looking at something in shock with Hux is maybe his mother. Maybe seeing her captured is what makes him snap.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 2:13

@snufkin wrote:Even though the cast is teasing at things being different than what the audience expects, I'd still be really skeptical about Kylo crossing the aisle to spend time with anybody in the Resistance other than his mother. Because he's already rejected the New Republic in his initial defection and is such a snarky jerk to Poe about being Best Pilot in the Resistance. He's with the FO for personal interests and "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" reasons. Look at Han, even with his involvement with the Rebellion, he was never a gung ho member and there more for the personal relationships he had with members.
@snufkin

And if you go with the reverse Anidala equation, it won't even be Leia that makes him go to the opposite side - it'll be Rey.  The timeline just doesn't make sense to me that he'd cross lines half way through the movie.  I see him being rueful of his actions very early on, and I'd bet the smashed mask scene happens within the first fifteen minutes of the film.  Completely crossing the aisle though?  I'm not so sure about that one.  The only way he'd end up with the Resistance is if he's captured, and even then it just doesn't fit into the timeline.

I will agree with everyone else's input though that it could definitely be a Resistance ship later in the movie, just not related to that specific scene with Finn and Rose.

Last edited by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 2:17; edited 1 time in total

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:16

Didn't someone ask Adam if Kylo would live in 8 and he said "if you call it living" maybe that means by the end of 8 he is completely torn from helping fight the FO and Snoke is beating down on his mind, or he captures him and Kylo sort of ends up in a bad way like Han in 5.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 2:20

@ladyconsular wrote:Didn't someone ask Adam if Kylo would live in 8 and he said "if you call it living" maybe that means by the end of 8 he is completely torn from helping fight the FO and Snoke is beating down on his mind, or he captures him and Kylo sort of ends up in a bad way like Han in 5.
@ladyconsular

Glad you brought that one up.  He so very much looks like Ben Solo in the photo in question.  Maybe that's what Adam meant when asked if Kylo Ren lives?  And yes, him being incapacitated much in the same way Han was at the end of ESB is very much on the table too.  Time for Rey to go rescue him!

Last edited by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 2:22; edited 1 time in total

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:20

@vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin I'm seeing this theory popping up slowly on other forums. The image used for the question whether Kylo is on the Resistance ship is this one:

As you can see, the surroundings don't crosscheck with any FO ship. So what's the deal? is anyone expert in ships? Fanboys? Anyone?
@vaderito

Yes! That is not FO scenery. I don't if it's Resistance or what, but that room is just not grey enough. I guess it could be Kylo's batwing ship, which did have white interior,  but we haven't heard anything about that ship at all for TLJ, so that makes me think it's somewhere else.

On Rose, I am on my phone so the pictures won't be crystal clear.  However,  it looks like Rose is on FO property for the black and white one due to Phasma being there and Rose seeming to be in FO uniform.

On the other two she seems to be crying in both, and the outfits look similar. Would she cry twice? Maybe? Maybe the first is her learning of Paige dying, the second is her deciding what to do about it.

Granted I am not SW expert, but IMO either SlashFilm is wrong (I have seen more than one doubtful interpretation on a BTS moment from decent blogs) and it's not the MF, but rather maybe the FinnRose Lego ship.

Or Rey arrives right before she and Finn go undercover (JB indicate in one this interviews that he and Rey would be separate a lot of the time), and Rey does whatever she will do for the 3rd act. I believe either she or Poe will get the MF for that and never FinnRose. They could never go undercover with MF. In fact, if Kylo has turned, Kylo would be just the person to get them in either with a ship or codes. And if Finn cuts off Phasma 's arm and Kylo kills her, then Kylo goes with them, as does maybe Rey if she and Kylo fight those staff wielding praetorian guards together. There are a ton of "ifs"  in there, but it would line up with Rey going with Snoke somehow and Kylo and Finn on crashing SD.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:22; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:21

@vaderito wrote:
@ladyconsular wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@ladyconsular Or a base, doesn't matter. It isn't FO. Like, very obviously isn't FO. They made sure that color coding and interior design differentiate FO and Resistance at the very first glance and this is not FO at any glance and deep inspection.
@vaderito

I feel at ease with you saying this lol I am so much wanting Kylo to maybe not be redeemed in this movie, but working his way through realizing the right thing is to stop what Snoke's trying to do.

I also wonder if that scene of him looking at something in shock with Hux is maybe his mother. Maybe seeing her captured is what makes him snap.
@ladyconsular

I don't know when would Leia be captured when she made it all the way to Crait. Didn't Jason say that Crait is third act battle or something?
@vaderito

Yeah but when I look back at that scene with Hux... he looks the same as he does in the shot at the non FO base, so something's up.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 18 Jul - 2:31

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:I liked that in new cast interview on the question "will be there gray" they said yes, and most strong "yes" was from Daisy, I know everyone thinks it's about Luke, but it's general thing too, and in "gray star wars" I see gray Kylo too, because I don't wait him becoming all light and "angel" and it wouldn't be logical-realistic and I don't want it, if I wanted uninteresting light hero, there are lots of other characters, but we all love our dark knight Smile

Yes, I noticed that too! Daisy was the one who said the story was "grey" the strongest. That matches with Adam comments about nuance & ambiguity and Rian not dumbing anything down for anybody so yeah. It bodes well for Reylo IMO. Adam and Daisy are in the same page. Adam talking about Kylo´s humanity, if that not points to redemption, I don´t know what else.

Only thing I am scared is Adam telling Larry "it depends on what your idea of living is", so maybe he ends up carbonized too? Whatever it is, I am hoping he is able to recover and his story with Rey become the focus of IX now that Carrie is not here with us. I love you Love

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:31

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Even though the cast is teasing at things being different than what the audience expects, I'd still be really skeptical about Kylo crossing the aisle to spend time with anybody in the Resistance other than his mother. Because he's already rejected the New Republic in his initial defection and is such a snarky jerk to Poe about being Best Pilot in the Resistance. He's with the FO for personal interests and "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" reasons. Look at Han, even with his involvement with the Rebellion, he was never a gung ho member and there more for the personal relationships he had with members.
@snufkin

And if you go with the reverse Anidala equation, it won't even be Leia that makes him go to the opposite side - it'll be Rey.  The timeline just doesn't make sense to me that he'd cross lines half way through the movie.  I see him being rueful of his actions very early on, and I'd bet the smashed mask scene happens within the first fifteen minutes of the film.  Completely crossing the aisle though?  I'm not so sure about that one.  The only way he'd end up with the Resistance is if he's captured, and even then it just doesn't fit into the timeline.

I will agree with everyone else's input though that it could definitely be a Resistance ship later in the movie, just not related to that specific scene with Finn and Rose.

@IoJovi

It'll definitely be because of Rey (cue fanboy and "true" fan screaming) that he'll finally get the courage to break ranks with Snoke and the FO after lamenting to Han that "it's too late". Also think that a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that because Rey=Luke, she'll also be like Luke as an embeded true blue member of the Resistance. They've hinted already at showing factions with different agendas in Rogue One and Laura Dern's character, plus what went down in Bloodline and people turning against Leia. I'm guessing that Rey may have a friend in the Rebellion with Finn and the expectations (which Daisy has mentioned) from them that she's on a mission to bring home hero Luke to help them win against the FO. But what likely happens on Ache-to won't meet those expectations and given that she's hand picked by Leia and people are supposedly trying to undermine her, that could mean Rey's not exactly 100% in with that group either. Especially if she's spent time with Leia's son.

Also if you think about Han and the OT, he's never 100% all the way in as just a rank and file member of the Rebellion. He's got his own 'personal interests,' part of which includes using his relationship with the Rebel Alliance as a way to first extort money to pay off Jabba and then to avoid the debt/bounty hunters. And it's also about the friendship he has with Luke as an older brother figure and his eventual pursuit of Leia.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum