Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:34

Wait... what? Kylo has 3 different outfits? Am I seeing things?

Usual cloak:

Without the cloak:

Leather jacket?

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:39

vaderito wrote:@SolosideCousin No, Rose crying on the stairs appears to be about paige. Rose crying on MF ramp is late in the movie cause her hair is different. Also, she's crying on MF ramp. That means that Rey reunited with the Resistance hence why MF is there. Act 3.

See Rose hair here? All over her face, right? She has some small ponytale but the rest is loose:

It looks like that in all scenes - with Finn and Poe, on Canto Bight, under the FO hat - except here, on MF ramp:

It isn't loose anymore and it looks like what French Catholic scoolgirls wear.

@vaderito

The first one is her crying about Paige. I said that. I guessed that the second one was her figuring out what needed to be done about Paige.

I also said that the second one could be the MF. I was just wondering how we know for sure that is the MF. I mean Rose could absolutely be repairing it, etc., but we just see a ramp. What tells us for sure that is the MF ramp?
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 2:40

Wait, what? The last scene isn't his leathery cloak but jacket? You sure? Is there an image? That Gif is so annoying.

@SoloSideCousin It's MF ramp cause it looks like MF ramp. Identical. Also, she's not crying about Paige there. They won't have her cry about that twice and later in the movie.

Last edited by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 2:41; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:41

vaderito wrote:Wait, what? The last scene isn't his leathery cloak but jacket? You sure? Is there an image? Gif is so annoying.
@vaderito

It looks like a shiny leather jacket like Poe's. The cloak and tunic would not be the sleek and the tunic has ripples in it. Unless he removes it maybe?

Last edited by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:48; edited 2 times in total

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:42

ladyconsular wrote:Wait... what? Kylo has 3 different outfits? Am I seeing things?

Usual cloak:

Without the cloak:

Leather jacket?

@ladyconsular

Didn't Jason say something like the leather cloaks came from Ahch-to somehow?

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:51; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:44

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ladyconsular wrote:Wait... what? Kylo has 3 different outfits? Am I seeing things?

Usual cloak:

Without the cloak:

Leather jacket?

@ladyconsular

Didn't Jason say something l like the leather cloaks came from Ahch-to somehow?
@SoloSideCousin

I'm still catching up here after being sick for months, so I'm not sure.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 2:45

His cloak is leathery:

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 2:48

@vaderito

Wow that looks very uncomfortable and not very easy to fight in either. So its not Vader's cape like some kept claiming and mocking him about then.

Also thanks for clearing that up, so the Hux scene is not the base scene. This helps confirm that he is not with the FO then in that scene when he looks to his right.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 2:49

vaderito wrote:His cloak is leathery:

@vaderito

It's still difficult to tell for sure, but I can see the difference in the last two photos. The middle photo does look like more of a jacket compared to the last photo. They're both leather, but even the textures look different.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 2:51

vaderito wrote:Wait, what? The last scene isn't his leathery cloak but jacket? You sure? Is there an image? That Gif is so annoying.

@SoloSideCousin It's MF ramp cause it looks like MF ramp. Identical. Also, she's not crying about Paige there. They won't have her cry about that twice and later in the movie.

@vaderito

Listen, WTF do I know about one ramp from another? I don't look at ship specs to save my life. I was just trying to pin it down. You were asking for fanboy ship help upthread too.

Secondly,  RJ is not GL. He actually gets emotion and can direct actors. Who knows what kind of crying is going to be happening? It's a whole new world with him, and secondly I just guessed that she might be crying about what radical sith she needs to do, and dead Paige would be a motivator on that.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 3:06

@SoloSideCousin Well, experts in ramps say so and I believe them. Experts in railings say that the above image of Masked Kylo is his facing Snoke's Throne Room cause it has identical railings. So is Kylito going to break the mask in front of Snoke (Kneeling Kylo) or after?

Last edited by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 3:06; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 3:06

What is the green circular thing in the pic of Kylo with Hux?

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 3:15

vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin Well, experts in ramps say so and I believe them. Experts in railings say that the above image of Masked Kylo is  his facing Snoke's Throne Room cause it has identical railings. So is Kylito going to break the mask in front of Snoke (Kneeling Kylo) or after?
@vaderito

Okay, then I believe them too. This is just the kind of thing that you want some fanboys around for. Very Happy  

My thought is that Kylo will smash the mask on his own ... but it would be glorious if he did it in front of Snoke, like "F*** this s*** old man!" Lol!

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 3:38; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Jul - 3:16

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin Well, experts in ramps say so and I believe them. Experts in railings say that the above image of Masked Kylo is his facing Snoke's Throne Room cause it has identical railings. So is Kylito going to break the mask in front of Snoke (Kneeling Kylo) or after?
@vaderito

Okay, then I believe then too. This is just the kind of thing that you want some fanboys around for. Very Happy

My thought is that Kylo will smash the mask on his own ... but it would be glorious if he did it in front of Snoke, like "F*** this s*** old man!" Lol!
@SoloSideCousin

We need fanboys! lol!

I think that Kylo will pull some stunt at the end that will send Snoke into fit of rage.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 18 Jul - 3:23

IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Several people on tumblr have made a pretty incredible observation that a couple of behind-the-scenes shots seem to suggest that Kylo is in this room with Poe, Finn, and Rose:

https://fatertot.tumblr.com/post/163029538264/okay-guys-hear-me-out-i-think-these-two-shots-are

The background is the same, you can see that the doorway is the exact same color and design. There is speculation that Poe is visible on the side of the second screenshot. While I'm not fully certain about that, or any of this really, I want to BELIEVE, damn it. Razz

It's been noted by many of us here that there is nothing remotely evil or intimidating about Kylo's expression in this particular frame. His face is open and vulnerable. I'd say he looks very concerned about something.

My own observation (I could be wrong) is that he seems to be seated, quite passively. The Resistance members are standing and discussing something among themselves, while Kylo appears to be listening/paying attention to someone speak offscreen.

***edit to add: Kylo is looking up and to the left, which would work on a linear level if he is indeed looking at someone who is standing and speaking pretty much exactly where Poe is in the first shot.

I can't really imagine that these three characters could possibly hold someone like Kylo captive against his will, so I'm thinking he surrendered peacefully (again, if he is really there with them at all) and they're possibly arguing about whether he can be trusted.

The absence of Leia could be noteworthy. Maybe she's occupied with something elsewhere, or this is the point of the film when she's been injured/put into a coma (according to early rumors, anyway). If the FO were responsible then Kylo would want to help take them down for that.
@WhatGirl

I am way behind, but I think that there is something to this theory. Kylo is sitting, slumped shouldered, in a room with people. He would never have body language like that in public with the FO. Second the lighting does not look like a FO/Imperial set. There is always a kind of grey crispness to those. In the same vein that light behind him seems too bright and/or too almost natural for FO. Thirdly,  there is another shot if him standing,  looking very much like here, where the surroundings are white. It doesn't mean it's Resistance,  but it doesn't look FO either. Just the fact that he is sitting at all and looking so vulnerable near people goes against a FO setting IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I so want to believe this, and I agree, his demeanor in that photo is so unlike any type of Kylo Ren we've seen in TFA. It could be between takes, but we know AD is a method actor who's in character even when the cameras aren't rolling.   We saw him between takes in TFA, and he always looked like Kylo. Here he has that same lost puppy look, much like the TFA teaser poster.

The one thing that stands out to me though is that Rose and Finn are still in their Resistance attire.  If that's the case, it's before they infiltrate the FO.  

Now, it does seem like the Ach-To scenes may not last as long as we'd hoped, so could it be that Kylo goes back with Rey (and possibly Luke)?  For this to work, Kylo would have to show up to Ach-To extremely early on.

The last two paragraphs are why I'm not completely sold on this, but if anyone has any rebuttals, I'm all ears!
@IoJovi

It could be the same set (looks like a conference room), but different scenes at different times, which would explain why Rose/Finn and Kylo could have all had scenes in the same room at some point. Finn and Rose don't necessarily have to be physically present when Kylo comes in.

Looking at these photos gave me an idea... Perhaps Kylo didn't have much choice but to come back in the Falcon with Rey and Chewie. If Kylo's ship crashed (as was rumored early on), and Luke's X-wing was submerged and/or Luke took off on his own, Kylo might have been forced to leave on the Falcon or risk being stuck on Ahch-To. So maybe Rey managed to convince a reluctant Kylo to come back to the base with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 3:33

I'm wondering though does Kylo's mask break by choice or is this how it ends for him in 8? He is without a mask through almost every scene except possibly the beginning of the movie or the very end if that's when he goes to see Snoke. This looks rather foreboding...

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 3:45

@ladyconsular - the part with the mask, we at least know as much that Snoke forbids his actual birth name to be spoken out loud. Which we don't have a full explanation of the reason why. But could be same thing with the mask, both concealing his identity but also a way of suppressing his individuality. Especially when ADF version of Snoke describes him as a piece of clay to be molded.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 3:49

snufkin wrote:@ladyconsular - the part with the mask, we at least know as much that Snoke forbids his actual birth name to be spoken out loud. Which we don't have a full explanation of the reason why. But could be same thing with the mask, both concealing his identity but also a way of suppressing his individuality. Especially when ADF version of Snoke describes him as a piece of clay to be molded.
@snufkin

Ah I see. Based on the BTS he is maskless with the FO and possibly with Luke and Rey, so I am wondering when this scene happens.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 18 Jul - 4:10

Ok, maybe I'm over analysing, but could the scene where we first see him wearing the mask also be the last? Because the location looks the same...
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 18 Jul - 4:19

Mana wrote:

Ok, maybe I'm over analysing, but could the scene where we first see him wearing the mask also be the last? Because the location looks the same...
@Mana

That's why I put them together. I saw it too. There's some sort of finale going on in the bottom pic for sure. I can't see this happening before the movie, even if he's without a mask through most of it. This is some sort of end and the BTS shows this too:

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 4:50

Mana wrote:

@Mana

I don't know ... I would be surprised if they would show us anything from that close to the end of the movie in a trailer or BTS. I agree that it definitely looks like the same room. Perhaps it is part of Snoke's punishment early on.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 18 Jul - 4:53

Mana wrote:

@Mana
This location looks like an elevator of some kind to me. It's undeniably the same structure. So at what is likely the beginning of the film, Kylo takes an elevator up somewhere to see Snoke, has some kind of unpleasant meeting with the supreme leader, and proceeds to smash the helmet in a fit of rage, self hate and regret while alone in the elevator on the way down?
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 18 Jul - 5:01

MyOnlyHope wrote:
Mana wrote:

@Mana
This location looks like an elevator of some kind to me. It's undeniably the same structure. So at what is likely the beginning of the film, Kylo takes an elevator up somewhere to see Snoke, has some kind of unpleasant meeting with the supreme leader, and proceeds to smash the helmet in a fit of rage, self hate and regret while alone in the elevator on the way down?
@MyOnlyHope
That's exactly what I was thinking. The angle makes it obvious that the helmet is actually inside the elevator. The white lights are close in the background and you can't see the elevator door. So he walks out, has some kind of discussion or confrontation with Snoke, something doesn't go well and he ends up in a fit of rage while riding the elevator down. Seems logical to me. It's a great setting for an emotional personal scene because it would contain all the sound.

Maybe Snoke congratulates him for killing Han and Kylo gets angry afterward? It would be a neat way of portraying his guilt, and I was never so sure that Snoke would be pissed with Kylo to begin with. He might have messed up some on Starkiller, but he did complete his "mission" of killing Han. Snoke was ready to continue training him.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Jul - 5:09

ladyconsular wrote:@vaderito

Wow that looks very uncomfortable and not very easy to fight in either. So its not Vader's cape like some kept claiming and mocking him about then.

Also thanks for clearing that up, so the Hux scene is not the base scene. This helps confirm that he is not with the FO then in that scene when he looks to his right.
@ladyconsular

So...both Kylo and Rey change their clothes.
Interesting....
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Jul - 5:21

Oh man, if he smashes it after Snoke's tells him that he's graduated to Advanced Darksiding for killing Han, that's major. Because previous he's about the lightsaber tantrums or self harm with the wound beating. But smashing the helmet is taking aim at the whole persona (covered face, new name, and nobody allowed to speak the birth name) he was supposedly reborn under by 'destroying' Ben Solo and swearing his loyalty to Snoke. I do love @solosidecousin's suggestion. Though that would have to happen near the finale - so far it doesn't sound like he'll be toting around his helmet with him in a gym bag he's got stashed in his ship.

Also not to stoke up the whole conference room argument but I have seen comments elsewhere that the shot of him has a figure/shadow in the foreground which could be Oscar Isaac. He's definitely not wearing his FO meeting RBF that he uses on Hux in their one actual face-to-face encounter.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum