Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Sat 15 Jul - 3:01

@Birdwoman - Hahahaha, meeee toooo! I'm sorry, but yes he's written to be a good person at heart who goes through trials as part of his coming of age. But the way a lot of purist fans fawn over him and are 100% convinced that the ST will be all about him and that anything which Rey does is in service of Luke's story. Because Luke is good and I'm a good person and you are an awful person if he's not your fave and hero, : P This is why I sometimes try reading mainstream SW fan discussions and then make the crack that I feel like I was back in Bible study class. Weird, dark, angry Luke who maybe screwed up the single most important thing ever entrusted to him (his sister's child) and who's not going to be as good a friend to Rey as Han was, that might actually be interesting.

by the way - side effect of looking at those pinball images makes want to go pay a visit the Pinball Museum in Alameda.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 15 Jul - 3:12

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:Someone pointed out elsewhere that in the water below Luke, you can see a submerged x-wing. I think it means that if Luke leaves Ahch-To, it won't be by his own ship. Convenient then that Kylo's personal TIE fighter apparently has room for two. Razz
@WhatGirl

Ooh, good catch!  Now that you bring it up, I do see the submerged X-wing.  I guess he never improved on his raising-submerged-X-wing Force skills from his time on Dagobah?
@ISeeAnIsland

Also check out all those black shards that are emanating from Luke's area. They are like pieces of smashed glass. They touch half of Rey, and touch Kylo a bit.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 15 Jul - 3:17

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:Someone pointed out elsewhere that in the water below Luke, you can see a submerged x-wing. I think it means that if Luke leaves Ahch-To, it won't be by his own ship. Convenient then that Kylo's personal TIE fighter apparently has room for two. Razz
@WhatGirl

Ooh, good catch!  Now that you bring it up, I do see the submerged X-wing.  I guess he never improved on his raising-submerged-X-wing Force skills from his time on Dagobah?
@ISeeAnIsland

Also check out all those black shards that are emanating from Luke's area. They are like pieces of smashed glass. They touch half of Rey, and touch Kylo a bit.
@SoloSideCousin

Exploding hut? Confus
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 15 Jul - 5:56

***yawns***

Good morning all!

I NEED THAT PINBALL MACHINE ASAP! (Though I have no place for it in my room)

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 5:58

@Darth_Awakened wrote:***yawns***

Good morning all!

I NEED THAT PINBALL MACHINE ASAP! (Though I have no place for it in my room)

@Darth_Awakened

Morning? I still have yet to go to bed. In about to rectify that very soon.

I do have a finished basement where that pinball machine would fit quite nicely. Help me convince my husband...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 15 Jul - 6:00

It's just a tabletop machine. Shouldn't be too hard to find room for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 15 Jul - 6:04

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:It's just a tabletop machine. Shouldn't be too hard to find room for it!
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh dear lord, please don't tempt me. My husband thinks I'm insane as it is....

I also heard a rumour @WillowMeena ordered a set of the Reylo Barbie dolls off of eBay for my birthday that were released at D23 today/yesterday (whatever day it is right now). I can't wait to show hubby all the different ways you can pose them!!! bounce

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 15 Jul - 6:36

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:It's just a tabletop machine. Shouldn't be too hard to find room for it!
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh dear lord, please don't tempt me. My husband thinks I'm insane as it is....

I also heard a rumour @WillowMeena ordered a set of the Reylo Barbie dolls off of eBay for my birthday that were released at D23 today/yesterday (whatever day it is right now). I can't wait to show hubby all the different ways you can pose them!!! bounce
@IoJovi

LOL

I don't know about your hubby, but I know for certain what my mum's reaction to pinball machine would be affraid
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 15 Jul - 7:20

Okay, the Porgs are adorable. Rey looking great in her new outfit and Kylo looking very handsome and knightly. once again, thank you merch leaks for giving us the best rn. Laughing
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 15 Jul - 7:39

Oh another thing about "Kneeling Kylo".  I definitely agree with all the Hamlet, chivalry and knightly interpretations, and as a off-shoot of them, I think you could also read something like the "penitent soldier" in there, which connects with the knights. 

Looking at the image again right now, I was suddenly reminded of period war films where soldiers are being blessed before going into battle.  There is documentary footage from the transports traveling to Normandy on D-Day, when soldiers are kneeling before a priest.  And then that thought made me think of an article that I read shortly after 9/11 that described how the FDNY chaplain, Father Mychal Judge, who was also killed that day, stood in front of many kneeling firefighters and police officers and first responders right before they went into the Towers. I can't remember what exact prayers were said, but it was obvious for all involved that at that moment that a lot of people would not come out of the Towers alive, and they wanted to make their peace with God before they went in.

I think that you can argue that there is something of this in Kylo in this image.  There is no rage at all, just stillness and humility and penitence.  Now maybe he is just kneeling before Snoke, like Anakin knelt before Vader ... and maybe he is in the actually movie ... but this image seems to carry more than that.  It's like something between a illustrated book of knights and a holy card or something.  It reminds me of a penitent but resigned person who is going into a battle he can't avoid, a battle where he is more likely than not to die.  Out of all the available images, *this* is what they use for him? Even Rey looks pissed, and Snoke looks like the devil. and Kylo's kneeling like sorrowful Knights Templar, situated between his two angry looking masters? Interesting choice. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 15 Jul - 7:42

I am on holiday in Greece, just checked the forum and wow this looks amaze, Kylo is just getting hotter and hotter and red is overtaking everything! Aaa this is so exciting!!!
But yeah it is interesting how they show Kylo, but so far so good.
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Casper on Sat 15 Jul - 11:04

@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:I think his hand is just balled up in a fist. It's leaning on his knee.

I see his knuckles and everything.

Why would they replace his hand with a stump??? Lmao surely he'd get a robotic hand at the least...
@Xylo Ren

It still looks odd compared to his right hand.  Still, I hope you're right because I'm not a fan of our boy losing any of his appendages...

@ISeeAnIsland Right?  I have yet to see a TLJ related image of Kylo that doesn't make my head swoon.  I'm not just talking about oh yeah he's attractive, I'm talking OMG I can't stop staring!!!
@IoJovi

I think he's holding something.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 15 Jul - 12:16

I'm also loving Kylo's kneeling knight look on that pinball machine. .... Apparently the kneeling habit he displayed in front of Rey is still there. Smile Also, his scar is so small, it's been rendered almost non-existent in that image. I hope there are prints of that image of him. I'd buy one.

I can't really tell what's going on with his hand, but I think it's fisted up (and we all know he has that habit). I'd assume if he lost a hand, he'd get a robotic one, but who knows. I certainly hope he doesn't lose a hand!

The porgs are super adorable. I'll definitely buy a porg plushie if there are any.

Last edited by Kessel on Sat 15 Jul - 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 15 Jul - 12:18

Calling at a drive through today and I had an odd look from a lady at the hatch....
My Kylo Ren plushie was perched between my thighs Embarassed

Only to stop him falling off the dashboard!!!

Here's what a farmer fan did in the UK
http://home.bt.com/news/news-extra/calling-all-star-wars-fans-you-need-to-visit-this-new-maze-11364196018576
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 15 Jul - 12:19

Yes, Penitent Kylo is rather hot.
No scar, I see.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 15 Jul - 12:35

@Birdwoman wrote:I am so excited!!!  I love OT Luke but I am so ready for angst Luke!!  I can't wait to see what went down with him and his nephew!
@Birdwoman

Me too - they're already saying Mark gives the performance of his life in it!!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 15 Jul - 12:38

Are those armored guys on the top of the pinball machine Snoke's red Praetorian guards? They each have a interesting looking weapon and a slightly different look from each other, kinda like the KOR. Which reminds me, where are the KOR? Ever since that MSW Ahch-to spoiler from May 2016 (which since has been partially backtracked on), we haven't heard anything about them. I'm starting to worry they won't be featured much, if at all. Unless, the KOR become (are) those guards!??  scratch well, probably not, but it's fun to speculate...Smile
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 15 Jul - 12:59

Completely untrue of course but I loved that rumour that the KoR were the resurrected Rogue 1.

It would be a good twist if they were surviving Jedi students, but I doubt if they are.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 15 Jul - 13:06

Ahhhhhh Kylo the Kneeling Knight! Agree that he got a blowout or packed his straightening iron.
So pre-TFA marketing it was all, Kylo with his mask stomping around and sticking his saber in Rey's face (snicker).
Now we have Sad Kylo.

ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 15 Jul - 13:57

I find the Porgs a bit unsettling. Like... guinea pigs with wings. Razz

As for Kylo's hand, isn't it resting on his knee or thigh? It looks incomplete because the fingers are hidden on the other side.

@Kessel wrote:Are those armored guys on the top of the pinball machine Snoke's red Praetorian guards? They each have a interesting looking weapon and a slightly different look from each other, kinda like the KOR. Which reminds me, where are the KOR? Ever since that MSW Ahch-to spoiler from May 2016 (which since has been partially backtracked on), we haven't heard anything about them. I'm starting to worry they won't be featured much, if at all. Unless, the KOR become (are) those guards!??  scratch well, probably not, but it's fun to speculate...Smile
@Kessel

I actually think the guards might be the KOR. Or if not, and the KOR don't play much of a role and are possibly not even mentioned again - well... I would frankly find it a bit odd that they had this mysterious group of knights that were already mentioned, only to never appear again, and then they introduce a whole new group of knight-like guards that have a completely different name.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 15 Jul - 14:00

Edited/cleaned up image of kneeling Kylo.

thanks kayemagistro! (tumblr)
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 15 Jul - 14:05

@snufkin wrote:@Piper Maru - those knights sure do spend a lot of time on their hair!

@Darth Dementor posted an essay about the PT awhile back that went through all the different tropes and works in canon (real academic canon) about how Lucas had tried to write it to follow the European Medieval Courtly love.
@snufkin

I believe this is the article you were referring to:
http://www.thegeekblock.com/455/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 15 Jul - 14:14

@Xylo Ren wrote:Edited/cleaned up image of kneeling Kylo.

thanks kayemagistro! (tumblr)
@Xylo Ren

Looks like a snake on his lightsabre
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 15 Jul - 14:26

@IoJovi wrote:I'm just now seeing this.  My first reaction when I see Kylo kneeling.  "Holy sith my ovaries!!!"

My second reaction when I see what Piper Maru pointed out about Kylo's missing left hand.  "NOOOoooooooo!!!"

At least this will finally end the debate about who's the real Skywalker, so there is that...
@IoJovi

Yep I said the same thing about my ovaries too.  It's a bloody epidemic.  Smile

And I'm with you on Kylo's hand.  But every lead Skywalker has gotten their hand cut off in the middle movie, so it doesn't bode well for the last Skywalker.  And if I had to guess who severs it? Snoke.  It fits the model of Anakin and Lukes dismemberments; an older, more powerful and evil force user outclassing the inexperienced heroic one.  Or, possibly even Luke if the rumours of him going dark are true.  Either way it's another sign that Ben is turning towards the light.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum