Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 13:46

There isn't "people", there's just me. I'm doubting it because I've seen enough of TLJ footage to figure out who gets how much screen time and who is with whom. I'm sorry but acting like Crait isn't a game changer that severely hurt Kylo's screen time and Rey and Kylo interaction is just bonkers.

It's very clear that the biggest roles in the movie are:

Rey (and Luke)/Finn (and Rose)

These characters appear in by far the biggest number of different scenes. Everyone else is up for grabs. So it doesn't matter whether Kylo is a secondary character to either duo, he's going to have minimized screen time, and I haven't even started with expanded Poe screen time, who has a character arc where Kylo doesn't belong at all.

It's logic. I've no doubt IX will be a big Kylo movie, but TLJ won't and there's empirical evidence for it.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39516
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Mana on Wed 19 Jul - 13:57

vaderito wrote:There isn't "people", there's just me. I'm doubting it because I've seen enough of TLJ footage to figure out who gets how much screen time and who is with whom. I'm sorry but acting like Crait isn't a game changer that severely hurt Kylo's screen time and Rey and Kylo interaction is just bonkers.

It's very clear that the biggest roles in the movie are:

Rey (and Luke)/Finn (and Rose)

These characters appear in by far the biggest number of different scenes. Everyone else is up for grabs. So it doesn't matter whether Kylo is a secondary character to either duo, he's going to have minimized screen time, and I haven't even started with expanded Poe screen time, who has a character arc where Kylo doesn't belong at all.

It's logic. I've no doubt IX will be a big Kylo movie, but TLJ won't and there's empirical evidence for it.
@vaderito


[size=38]What? a couple on bts shots can't possibly reveal how much time is invested in each character....heck, Rose wasn't even in the teaser trailer ffs and she doesn't even have her own poster yet. [/size]
[size=38]Anyway, minimized screentime doesn’t matter. [/size]
[size=38]Kylo had 12 minutes to make an impact on us in TFA and he sure as hell did because here we are in a forum created for the sole purpose of talking about the main heroine's interactions with him. [/size]
[size=38]Also, I agree with Piper Maru. The guy is a walking spoiler...of course there's going to be a lot of secrecy surrounding his character.[/size]
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1325
Likes : 11197
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 19 Jul - 14:02

So, let me get this straight: 5 minutes of BTS footage/teaser trailer are representative of a 2h30min movie?

I don't even know what to say.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 5992
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 14:03

@Mana Teaser was the biggest crap ever. BTS revealed super, SUPER much. We have the exact structure of the movie and who appears with whom. Very few places where Kylo appears that aren't FO driven moments.







Last edited by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39516
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 19 Jul - 14:05

Great post @Piper_Maru. And if I actually think about it there was zero indication in the North American marketing that Rey and Kylo were even going to meet. Though all you had to do was have a little imagination to assume that the heroine and villain would have some kind of drama, the movie wasn't marketed that way. It looked like it was going to be nothing more than a Finn and Rey friendship marathon with nostalgia-driven Han Solo and Falcon emphasis. So not only were Rey and Finn considered the major dynamic/beating heart, Rey and Kylo's scenes had no "build-up" whatsoever, yet most fans consider them to be the best scenes in the movie (sometimes the movie's saving grace)! Does that mean TFA wasn't still the "story of two people" in Rey and Finn? No, it was, but that was not all it was.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2920
Likes : 26358
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Mana on Wed 19 Jul - 14:10

vaderito wrote:@Mana Teaser was the biggest crap ever. BTS revealed super, SUPER much. We have the exact structure of the movie and who appears with whom. Very few places where Kylo appears that aren't FO driven moments.
@vaderito


[size=50]Yeah, well its not like they could show him on Ach To....and we know he goes there. A lot of the 'surprising' 'shocking' moments no doubt has a lot to do with him and Luke on Ach To. Also, most of the GA don't even know about Adam filming in Ireland[/size]
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1325
Likes : 11197
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jul - 14:15

vaderito wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Just read on starwarsnonsense blog that John said he wanted a 'Civil War' moment in TLJ.

Without spoiling the movie for those who haven't seen it, the central theme is how friends are pitted against each other when some of them have opposing beliefs. Both have valid reasons for what they do, but they view the other's opinions as wrong.

This would be a fascinating way to go in TLJ; the 'shades of grey' would be explored to the very fullness of the meaning.
@motherofpearl1

No he said Civil war moment in IX, not TLJ. Ok, so that spoiler has definitely shattered my faith in this movie. Just terrible. It means that all good guys will stay together at the end of TLJ and all the bad guys will stay together at the end of TLJ. Status quo. Nothing interesting there. No possible exchange of characters or mixing or whatever. Wow. I'm speechless.

Also, I don't know if Boyega is just sucking up to Marvel cause he wants to be in their movies, but Civil War treats the rift beween friends in totally unserious and ridiculous manner. The airport fight, nuff said.
@vaderito

Not....necessarily v, it might refer to a rift between the good guys if Rey shows sympathy towards Kylo - if he absconds from the FO and she tries to take him in it could pit her against Finn and Poe and also Leia against Luke.

Sadly Carrie's untimely death means we'll be robbed of a true dynamic between Luke and Leia.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2002
Likes : 8161
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 14:15

@Piper Maru You should be able to say something if you actually bothered to look at the footage closely. 2 min have footage from 2 hr 15 min movie so if they show a frame of nearly every scene you can easily establish the order and characters. So this is what we have:

Act 1

Rey, Luke, Porgs, Guardians of the Whills, training, sea monster, Chewie, R2
Kylo with Snoke and Hux, possibly Kylo sparring with Guards
Attack on D'qar - Finn, Rose, Poe, Leia, Holdo, Kylo/TIE, Paige, BB8

Around 40th mark which could be end of Act 1/beginning of Act 2

Finn and Rose on Canto Bight with BB8, DJ, space horse, casino, cafe, prison, DJ's ship

Act 2 continued

Kylo arrives to Ahch-to with Guards/KoR, fights Rey, Luke, Exploding Hut
Around 1 hour mark, Finn and Rose return to the resistance, go to Snoke's megadestroyer, Phasma, Executioner Troopers, Tom Hardy, bombs, duels
Finn and Rose return to the Resistance
Rey and Chewie get off Ahch-to, make it back to the Resistance
Poe and Holdo are at odds

End of Act 2, beginning of act 3

Arrival to Crait?

Act 3 continued

Crait - Rey, Finn, Rose, Poe, Chewie, BB8, Leia, Hux

Luke goes for Snoke and rey goes for Kylo near the end of the movie

I have a feeling that Kylo's not on Crait. Luke may be at least for the reunion with Leia cause you gotta have a fan service moment.

So that gives Kylo the following scenes:

FO
Fight on D'Qar (TIE)
Fight on Ahch-to/Exploding Hut
Near the end

@motherofpearl1

REMOVED


Last edited by IoJovi on Wed 19 Jul - 15:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No bashing policy is enforced.)
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39516
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 19 Jul - 14:16

@vaderito

I should've "bothered to look at the footage closely"? I'm sorry, but I'm here to have fun, not to lose my mind because my personal headcanons are turning into smoke by a misleading marketing.

If you're not liking the route the movie is taking, that's your prerogative. So far, I'm loving everything and I can't wait for December.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 5992
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 14:21

Piper Maru wrote:@vaderito

I should've "bothered to look at the footage closely"? I'm sorry, but I'm here to have fun, not to lose my mind because my personal headcanons are turning into smoke by a misleading marketing.

If you're not liking the route the movie is taking, that's your prerogative. So far, I'm loving everything and I can't wait for December.
@Piper Maru

marketing is not misleading. There's simply nothing to market. But that's OK, I'm not going to be rudely awaken when the movie comes out or when we get detailed spoilers prior to it.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8272
Likes : 39516
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 19 Jul - 14:27

vaderito wrote:It's logic. I've no doubt IX will be a big Kylo movie, but TLJ won't and there's empirical evidence for it.

Sorry, but couldn´t disagree more. There is a reason Adam was on the big teaser poster with Mark & Daisy. He will have a very significant role in TLJ that is for sure.

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 209
Likes : 1081
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 19 Jul - 14:30

LMAO, alright.

Let's change the subject: I'm really curious about Hux role in all of this, now that he's clearly alive and going to Canto Bight.

Finn and Rose go there to solve something (probably because Poe asked them to) and they meet DJ. Hux is there. There's an assassination attempt and DJ is not someone trustworthy (according to MSW). Maybe DJ is a conspirator and is working with Hux?

avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 5992
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 19 Jul - 14:30

@Vaderito You remember the interrogation from the TFA trailer? Takodana scenes? Rey getting kidnapped? Kylo and Han on SKB? No, because trailers aren't summaries of every characters' appearances in a film. I find it pretty ironic that you seem to think you know everything about TLJ, yet you're ignoring how many glaring holes you've just created... seems to me like you're doing exactly what you claim Reddit leakers do by filling gaps with your own (negative) headcanons. So this is just a friendly reminder that there wasn't a whole lot of emphasis placed on Rey and Kylo prior to TFA, yet they still had the most impactful scenes in the film. If we were judging TFA solely on marketing Kylo would have had two scenes total, stalking in the snow (which didn't even end up in the movie) and staring at a helmet.

There's nothing in me to "rudely awaken". I'm honestly just going with the flow, as I've always tried to do. I find it rather interesting that you claim to be the one with "realistic" expectations, yet you are also the only one consistently panicking over Luke being important (shock), Leia having scenes with Luke, Finn being a character and existing at all, etc. I see everyone discussing reasonably (even discussing potentially disliking the direction of the film or characters) while you run around like a chicken without its head garbling about... I don't even know anymore. You'll probably see what little sense you're making next week when you get off your most recent negative kick that started because of "beating heart" Rey and Luke, lol. Just stop pretending you know everything about a movie you haven't seen when you have the exact same information to go off as the rest of us.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2920
Likes : 26358
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 19 Jul - 14:39

Also, FWIW, I don't think the Luke emphasis is misdirection at all, it's just outlining what we're going to see. At this point I'm mainly expecting Kylo to have a very personal emotional journey in VIII that will involve him reaching some kind of ultimatum that will be further explored in IX. I'm cool with that. I love Hamlet/Catcher in the Rye-esque personal manpain and I think it was always one of the potential directions for Kylo after TFA. So it's a great thing we have two movies left, not one. It's fair enough if VIII is going to be more of a Luke film, which, we'll see. I would just love to see all three films fitting together well and creating full arcs for everyone.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2920
Likes : 26358
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Tex on Wed 19 Jul - 14:40

Piper Maru wrote:@vaderito

I should've "bothered to look at the footage closely"? I'm sorry, but I'm here to have fun, not to lose my mind because my personal headcanons are turning into smoke by a misleading marketing.

If you're not liking the route the movie is taking, that's your prerogative. So far, I'm loving everything and I can't wait for December.
@Piper Maru

Thank You! I'm here to have a fun time discussing the movie and Rey and Kylo's relationship on a Reylo forum. I've seen nothing to determine that Reylo in any shape or form, romantic or otherwise has been jettisoned from this movie. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that Kylo isn't an important character. I also don't understand the thinking that those who are for romantic Reylo were imagining TLJ to be about Kylo and Rey canoodling on Ahch-To for 2+ hours. It appeared to me that most wanted more UST, stolen glances, suggestive dialogue, if we really want to reach a possible kiss likely interrupted or part of a dream/vision.

As a side note, We are all here to have fun and speculate. It's unfair for anyone to suggest that others on this forum are in the wrong because they aren't comprehending the marketing especially when said marketing in the past hasn't always been so straight forward.
avatar
Tex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 313
Likes : 1903
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-08
Age : 26
Localisation : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 19 Jul - 14:45

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Also, FWIW, I don't think the Luke emphasis is misdirection at all, it's just outlining what we're going to see. At this point I'm mainly expecting Kylo to have a very personal emotional journey in VIII that will involve him reaching some kind of ultimatum that will be further explored in IX. I'm cool with that. I love Hamlet/Catcher in the Rye-esque personal manpain and I think it was always one of the potential directions for Kylo after TFA. So it's a great thing we have two movies left, not one. It's fair enough if VIII is going to be more of a Luke film, which, we'll see. I would just love to see all three films fitting together well and creating full arcs for everyone.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm not even a hardcore Luke fan, and I'm very curious about his role in The Last Jedi. It's clear to me that he and Ben Solo were up to no good before The Force Awakens, and whatever they did screwed up the galaxy. Everything that has happened is their fault, and I bet that Luke's mindset is in a reeeeeally bad place.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 5992
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 19 Jul - 15:09

What the heck was Adam Driver doing in London for all those months if he wasn't filming? Why did he go to Ireland if only for a cameo? Terry Gilliam said AD found it hard living in London because he didn't feel he could blend in with the crowds here and go out without being recognised, so it doesn't sound as if he was sticking around for the hell of it. Also, his travelling back and forth for Girls filming was minimal this time around because he shot most of his final season scenes after he wrapped on TLJ. Apart from a few days out here and there promoting other movies, he appears to have been working solidly on TLJ.

Also, it's important to note that most members here don't only love Rey and Kylo. That's what we are primarily here to discuss but many of us are Star Wars fans who have a lot of love for the other characters too. If I watch a movie where I don't like 90% of it, I tend to move on to stuff I do like, but that's just me. The Star Wars trilogy is not a Rey and Kylo trilogy. Maybe they'll get their own Reylo centric standalone after the ST but this ain't it. Like it or not, Luke, Leia, Finn, Poe, Rose and everyone else will be a big part of TLJ and Ep IX.
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2160
Likes : 14038
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 19 Jul - 15:13

Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 880
Likes : 4760
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 19 Jul - 15:16

ReyofLightSide wrote:Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
@ReyofLightSide

Yep. I agree. It could be her.



Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Wed 19 Jul - 15:19; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3748
Likes : 17134
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 19 Jul - 15:16

ReyofLightSide wrote:Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
@ReyofLightSide

Wow! That does look like it might be Carrie!

(In that second pic with DJ and BB-8, though, the hand is Finn's and not Snoke's Razz)
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4074
Likes : 26464
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by IoJovi on Wed 19 Jul - 15:17

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
@ReyofLightSide

Wow! That does look like it might be Carrie!

(In that second pic with DJ and BB-8, though, the hand is Finn's and not Snoke's Razz)
@Darth Dingbat

That is DEFINTELY Adam. It most likely could be Carrie Fisher's eyeball...

Ooooo I'm getting excited! bounce

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6200
Likes : 33569
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by EchoBase on Wed 19 Jul - 15:21

ReyofLightSide wrote:Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
@ReyofLightSide

And remember what Adam said about the last time he saw Carrie Fisher? On set as Princess Leia. A reunion is possible, though I'm trying to keep my expectations low. But damn, I will scream in the cinema if that happens.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2471
Likes : 9916
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ladyconsular on Wed 19 Jul - 15:22

Adam did say he saw Carrie as Leia  the last time he ever saw her.

Haha @EchoBase and I had the same thought!

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 339
Likes : 1570
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 19 Jul - 15:23

Piper Maru wrote:LMAO, alright.

Let's change the subject: I'm really curious about Hux role in all of this, now that he's clearly alive and going to Canto Bight.

Finn and Rose go there to solve something (probably because Poe asked them to) and they meet DJ. Hux is there. There's an assassination attempt and DJ is not someone trustworthy (according to MSW). Maybe DJ is a conspirator and is working with Hux?

@Piper Maru

At this point, I'm imagining DJ as more of a mercenary character with no particular allegiances, willing to work for whoever pays more. Perhaps he will reveal an affiliation later on to the FO or Resistance. I'm just picturing him more as a space pirate right now and maybe someone Maz knows. Maybe DJ has been hired to assassinate someone on Canto Bight, although I think MSW or someone suggested he might be involved in a jail break of some sort. I can definitely see someone as up themselves as Hux mingling with the rich folks and talking up the FO. I also like the idea of him entering into a politically arranged marriage to ensure funding/support/something else the FO need for strategic advantage. It is all very inkeeping with certain themes set out in Bloodline and the way regimes like the Nazis operated, and how current political movers and shakers still operate!
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2160
Likes : 14038
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 19 Jul - 15:25

EchoBase wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:Guys, a brilliant tumblr poster noticed this- I can't get a screen shot to work but will link.
In the shot of Adam by Rian behind the camera in the BTS, you can see Carrie in there as well.
Could mean nothing, could mean a reunion.

http://renpressrey.tumblr.com/page/2
@ReyofLightSide

And remember what Adam said about the last time he saw Carrie Fisher? On set as Princess Leia. A reunion is possible, though I'm trying to keep my expectations low. But damn, I will scream in the cinema if that happens.
@EchoBase

I'll be probably crying because of Carrie. But, heck, I just want that happening!

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3748
Likes : 17134
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum