Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Saracene on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 10:28 pm

Kylo saves Rey. Throwing it out there since it's one of the most popular ways to change a dynamic between characters.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1537
Likes : 9467
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 1:16 am

@snufkin wrote:Because this crowd tends to be more interested in the Force and Skywalker family drama side of things, just realized that there aren't as many Resistance related squares on there:

Space Politics like the PT/Bloodline

Laura Dern's character out to backstab Leia

Poe gets demoted

In fighting & factions in the Resistance



@snufkin

Also... Paige dies!!!!!
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4821
Likes : 25291
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 1:33 am

Resistance predictions:

Finn/Rose - deal done
Paige dies in some risky action - Poe's reponsible - that leads to A) being slapped by Leia B)demotion
BDT - a key figure in all Canto Baight stuff

I guess also Maz is also somehow involved but I still can't imagine where.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4076
Likes : 19347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 1:46 am

@ISeeAnIsland - yeah I think that sounds like a very real possibility :(.  It'd be nice to just see a family that's not connected to the central one.

Based on the different players and comments about it being grey, I wonder if you'll see different factions emerge from both groups. Some of which are outright bad like Hux and company or whatever they're hinting at about the Resistance & Laura Dern's character. It may be possible that's a reason for the speculated conference room scene. You'll get the underdog, less craven a** factions of each side realizing that they're going to have to work together to save the day.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6119
Likes : 26610
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Darth Dementor on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 6:04 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:BB-8 and BB-9 confrontation! I love you
@Piper Maru

That would be on par with a Reylo snog. Razz

_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 975
Likes : 4366
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 7:28 pm

@Kessel wrote:I'm hoping for Kylo to go rogue. I want to see him disengage himself from Snoke's clutches.
@Kessel

I think Rogue Kylo would be better than Light Side Kylo.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 501
Likes : 1833
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

I think he most likely will go rogue in the end. Episode IX Rey will go find him because she finally realizes she can´t live without him! Heh. Smile
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 341
Likes : 1698
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:36 pm

@Saracene wrote:Kylo saves Rey. Throwing it out there since it's one of the most popular ways to change a dynamic between characters.
@Saracene

I'll take that prediction and up it to "Kylo saves Rey from turning to the Dark Side."  It would show that he has definitely changed, it would be something for which the galaxy could truly be grateful and relieved (that is, not having two powerful young Jedi allied with the FO), and her temptation would be a connection between them, a point of connection and understanding.
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 361
Likes : 1867
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Saracene wrote:Kylo saves Rey. Throwing it out there since it's one of the most popular ways to change a dynamic between characters.
@Saracene

I'll take that prediction and up it to "Kylo saves Rey from turning to the Dark Side."  It would show that he has definitely changed, it would be something for which the galaxy could truly be grateful and relieved (that is, not having two powerful young Jedi allied with the FO), and her temptation would be a connection between them, a point of connection and understanding.
@Lily Snape


That would be so awesome. Here´s hoping! Approves
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 341
Likes : 1698
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 1:07 am

This is a very minor prediction, but I'm guessing there will be some snark that throws back to situations or lines from TFA.  For example, Rey telling Kylo archly, "You're my guest" when he's obviously her captive.
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 361
Likes : 1867
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by panki on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 2:47 am

@Lily Snape wrote:This is a very minor prediction, but I'm guessing there will be some snark that throws back to situations or lines from TFA.  For example, Rey telling Kylo archly, "You're my guest" when he's obviously her captive.
@Lily Snape

I would love for this to happen in episode VIII... Very Happy

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3318
Likes : 12339
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Persephone on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:11 am

@Lily Snape wrote:This is a very minor prediction, but I'm guessing there will be some snark that throws back to situations or lines from TFA.  For example, Rey telling Kylo archly, "You're my guest" when he's obviously her captive.
@Lily Snape

I would die out of joy if this happened. Adam and Daisy would pull this off wonderfully
avatar
Persephone
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 52
Likes : 195
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-19
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by IoJovi on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:23 am

@Persephone wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:This is a very minor prediction, but I'm guessing there will be some snark that throws back to situations or lines from TFA.  For example, Rey telling Kylo archly, "You're my guest" when he's obviously her captive.
@Lily Snape

I would die out of joy if this happened. Adam and Daisy would pull this off wonderfully
@Persephone

Headcanon accepted. Since it's looking more likely the scenes in TFA will be inverted with Kylo possibly being Rey's captive in TLJ (particularly if he is with her on Crait), this is indeed a very likely scenario.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6452
Likes : 36389
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Sacrebleu on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:33 pm

Tuning fork duel between BB-8 and BB-9.
avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 329
Likes : 1203
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

Rey falls in the water and can't swim. (The BTS of Daisy jumping in doesn't show diving prowess, imo, it's just a way to get the impact of falling in the water without Daisy hurting herself by falling in sprawling).

Kylo jumps in and saves her. He brings her to the beach and checks her pulse. Then he runs away because he hears Luke coming.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1853
Likes : 16506
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Ditzy on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 7:43 pm

Here is my list of things that could maybe happen, might make my own bingo card closer to December:

Force meditation, Luke/Rey and Yoda/Luke parallels, Phasma and Finn confrontation, Kylo and Rey having heated conversations, Rey finding life on Ach-To hard and lonely at first (like Jakku), Rey adapting to the water (maybe learning how to swim?), cute scene of Rey enjoying rain, Kylo, Rey and/or Chewbacca having funny moments with porgs, grey Jedi that isn't specifically referred to as grey Jedi (maybe they'll come up with some other term for it), Kylo and Rey clashing lightsabers and the purple colours making a comeback, Kylo/Rey fight (duh), Luke vs Knights of Ren?, Snoke reprimanding or punishing Kylo, Hux taunting Kylo for his "failure" on Starkiller Base, Han funeral, Rose and Paige have a sister bonding scene, Rose and Finn Meet Cute

I could probably come up with more but this is the most I have for now Smile
avatar
Ditzy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 10
Likes : 48
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-16
Age : 20
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Rey falls in the water and can't swim. (The BTS of Daisy jumping in doesn't show diving prowess, imo, it's just a way to get the impact of falling in the water without Daisy hurting herself by falling in sprawling).

Kylo jumps in and saves her. He brings her to the beach and checks her pulse. Then he runs away because he hears Luke coming.
@Xylo Ren

Maybe also some mouth to mouth resuscitation and then Luke interrupts? Heh. Mwehe If only! Laugh
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 341
Likes : 1698
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by AceofWands on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 8:58 pm

My bet is that the spoiler that said Luke fights singlehandedly all the KOR is not true. Sadly, cause that would be a cool scene. I know that from the look of spoilers it's not true, but I called that spoiler as not true when it came out.

I also think that it's not true that "Luke tells Rey she needs to kill Kylo".

avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 700
Likes : 2318
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by IoJovi on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 9:12 pm

@AceofWands wrote:My bet is that the spoiler that said Luke fights singlehandedly all the KOR is not true. Sadly, cause that would be a cool scene. I know that from the look of spoilers it's not true, but I called that spoiler as not true when it came out.

I also think that it's not true that "Luke tells Rey she needs to kill Kylo".

@AceofWands

And the worse spoiler that came along with that - Kylo wants to kill Rey.  I remember reading that thinking, what?!  That goes against everything i saw in TFA.  The ONLY way I could see it being true is if Rey and Kylo were both getting orders to kill each other from their respective masters.  That one is a classic enemies to lovers trope...

Still, it's not in Luke's character to kill family, no matter what they've done, and it's definitely not in his character to have someone else do his dirty work for him.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6452
Likes : 36389
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 9:24 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:My bet is that the spoiler that said Luke fights singlehandedly all the KOR is not true. Sadly, cause that would be a cool scene. I know that from the look of spoilers it's not true, but I called that spoiler as not true when it came out.

I also think that it's not true that "Luke tells Rey she needs to kill Kylo".

@AceofWands

And the worse spoiler that came along with that - Kylo wants to kill Rey.  I remember reading that thinking, what?!  That goes against everything i saw in TFA.  The ONLY way I could see it being true is if Rey and Kylo were both getting orders to kill each other from their respective masters.  That one is a classic enemies to lovers trope...

Still, it's not in Luke's character to kill family, no matter what they've done, and it's definitely not in his character to have someone else do his dirty work for him.
@IoJovi

Heck, at this point, MSW doubts that the MiB that show up even are the KoR....
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4821
Likes : 25291
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:My bet is that the spoiler that said Luke fights singlehandedly all the KOR is not true. Sadly, cause that would be a cool scene. I know that from the look of spoilers it's not true, but I called that spoiler as not true when it came out.

I also think that it's not true that "Luke tells Rey she needs to kill Kylo".

@AceofWands

And the worse spoiler that came along with that - Kylo wants to kill Rey.  I remember reading that thinking, what?!  That goes against everything i saw in TFA.  The ONLY way I could see it being true is if Rey and Kylo were both getting orders to kill each other from their respective masters.  That one is a classic enemies to lovers trope...

Still, it's not in Luke's character to kill family, no matter what they've done, and it's definitely not in his character to have someone else do his dirty work for him.
@IoJovi
I never questioned the "Kylo wants to kill Rey" thing because it's totally classic beauty and the beast trajectory for the beast character to become fixated on and obsessed with the heroine (and often want to do away with her as a source of temptation to be a different person). I don't mean literal Disney movie comparisons, just that kind of storyline. It all depends on what kind of story they ended up going with, but in a certain context it would have made perfect sense and not been as simple as not caring wanting her dead, but rather wanting the part of himself that cares to disappear and trying to take it out on her (like he did with his dad).

As for Luke trying to get Rey to kill Kylo, I can see that one being real too. Again, it's not as simple as it sounds, it's more about Luke making questionable decisions and Rey showing him that his outlook on life is totally wrong by doing things differently and reaching a more optimistic conclusion. As the main character, Rey is absolutely going to counter Luke in some big way. If that has to do with Kylo--as I think the poster heavily implies--all the better.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3529
Likes : 30511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:27 pm

Young Ben Solo flashback. (Please, Rian Johnson. For the love of the Force, if it's not in your movie go do some reshoots.)
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1755
Likes : 9792
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:40 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:My bet is that the spoiler that said Luke fights singlehandedly all the KOR is not true. Sadly, cause that would be a cool scene. I know that from the look of spoilers it's not true, but I called that spoiler as not true when it came out.

I also think that it's not true that "Luke tells Rey she needs to kill Kylo".

@AceofWands

And the worse spoiler that came along with that - Kylo wants to kill Rey.  I remember reading that thinking, what?!  That goes against everything i saw in TFA.  The ONLY way I could see it being true is if Rey and Kylo were both getting orders to kill each other from their respective masters.  That one is a classic enemies to lovers trope...

Still, it's not in Luke's character to kill family, no matter what they've done, and it's definitely not in his character to have someone else do his dirty work for him.
@IoJovi

Heck, at this point, MSW doubts that the MiB that show up even are the KoR....
@ISeeAnIsland

I've given up on the KoR for now. I think they're a thing of the past, or else they're now the Praetorian Guards? There's been no concrete evidence of them showing up in TLJ at all, right? We're just getting the guards in the marketing. I would think that some visual of the knights would've come out by now since everyone assumes they'll be part of the story at some point. Maybe they'll appear, but only in flashbacks. Then after Episode 9, we'll get a novel about their old missions with Kylo.
I bet there aren't going to be any major Rey or Kylo centered stories coming out until after all three films are released because they don't even want to hint at where their stories are going, and just want us to base our knowledge of them on what's presented in the movies for now. Sad

@MeadowofAshes
I would love some young Ben Solo scenes, even if short flashbacks. If not in 8, then come on Colin! Wink
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1246
Likes : 5818
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by snufkin on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 11:52 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:As for Luke trying to get Rey to kill Kylo, I can see that one being real too. Again, it's not as simple as it sounds, it's more about Luke making questionable decisions and Rey showing him that his outlook on life is totally wrong by doing things differently and reaching a more optimistic conclusion. As the main character, Rey is absolutely going to counter Luke in some big way. If that has to do with Kylo--as I think the poster heavily implies--all the better.

Agreed about how it would be a way of showing how he's made questionable decisions and gets put back on track. And when I first read that rumor, I immediately thought of how Obi-Wan goes from not being able to kill somebody he considers to be a brother (just maims him and leaves him for dead) to trying to lie/manipulate to that person's son into actually doing the deed. Obviously in Luke's case, it'd definitely be far more horrific considering that it's his sister's child and one who was entrusted to him. But it doesn't sound unreasonable because there's a precedent in previous films, albeit it's Luke who refuses.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6119
Likes : 26610
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Bingo Card- What Will We have Guessed Right in December?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:25 am

@snufkin wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:As for Luke trying to get Rey to kill Kylo, I can see that one being real too. Again, it's not as simple as it sounds, it's more about Luke making questionable decisions and Rey showing him that his outlook on life is totally wrong by doing things differently and reaching a more optimistic conclusion. As the main character, Rey is absolutely going to counter Luke in some big way. If that has to do with Kylo--as I think the poster heavily implies--all the better.

Agreed about how it would be a way of showing how he's made questionable decisions and gets put back on track. And when I first read that rumor, I immediately thought of how Obi-Wan goes from not being able to kill somebody he considers to be a brother (just maims him and leaves him for dead) to trying to lie/manipulate to that person's son into actually doing the deed. Obviously in Luke's case, it'd definitely be far more horrific considering that it's his sister's child and one who was entrusted to him. But it doesn't sound unreasonable because there's a precedent in previous films, albeit it's Luke who refuses.
@snufkin

Right.

Although, if there's a Force bond-like-thing, I think the theory that Luke tells Rey to kill Kylo to sever the bond makes a lot of sense. If it's something like this, it could just be that MSW wasn't given context. You could have something play out like this...

Distressed, Rey goes to Luke to tell him about her disturbing vision/dream/conversation-in-her-head with Kylo Ren...

Luke: Rey, I'm afraid that you have formed a Force bond with Kylo Ren.

Rey: I don't want any sort of bond with that monstah! How do I sever it.

Luke: The bond can only be severed in death. If you want to sever the bond, you have to kill Kylo Ren.

From a certain point of view, that's Luke telling Rey to kill Kylo Ren...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4821
Likes : 25291
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum