Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:23 pm

Interesting (possibly):

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:33 pm

@ISeeanIsland - I wouldn't be surprised if Luke digs in his heels about not coming back with Rey at Leia's request and what eventually happens instead is that 'bring him back' is Kylo returning with Rey to his mother. Which one of the main details I'll be curious about is if there's anything more to that Searchers shot in the trailer, given what we know about that movie and its influence on the franchise.

And thing with Raiders is that if you read through some of the interviews with Kasdan, Marian's a character pretty close to his heart (she's named after his wife's grandmother and the last name is a street the family lived on), the full backstory he wrote for her is pretty close to the basics of Rey's exile on Jakku. And like John Williams and Harrison Ford, he's a card carrying member of the Rey/Daisy Ridley fan club.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:35 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ha, well they did say that RotLA was an influence but I just thought that meant general adventure stuff and the respective writers of TFA and TLJ being friends. But hey, never know - they could be reusing this old chestnut that's a classic of movie tropes ; )

Even more entertaining is that all of this super fun speculation pulls off that one picture, which a lot of fans kept insisting showed that he was getting eviller based on how his eyes are shaded. But the cut/stitches part is a much harder thing to add/remove versus how the shading of the eyes could just be from the lighting and filter used on that photo.

@snufkin

Haha!  My thoughts went RIGHT to that scene (one of my all-time favorites) when I thought of Rey stitching up Kylo.

New headcanon wish:

1. Luke blows up the hut. Kylo gets a big gash on his head, and Rey gets the gash on her arm.
2. Rey, Kylo, and Chewie decide that Luke is a lost cause (or maybe Luke even continues to threaten Kylo), and they leave on the MF.
3. Rey and Chewie co-pilot the ship off of Ahch-To and put Kylo in the sick bay.
4. Once the MF is in hyperspace/on autopilot, Rey heads back to the sick bay, and we get the stitching scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

O.M.G. That would be so amazing ... and ironic, because it was Luke in the MF sick bay in ESB, due to injury by a family member,  and now Luke would be the one injuring a family member. Evil/Insane/Misguided/Whatever Luke ... talk about looking at yourself and your full Dad (not just this Anakin sith) in the face for a "I am *like* my father moment".
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Interesting (possibly):

@ISeeAnIsland

There were early rumors that Snoke was a celestial type of being (which would fit with the Angel of Iego speculation). Is Iego considered Unknown Regions or close to it? Also, what if there is an angel hierarchy and the Archangels were the progenitors and originated in the Unknown Regions. Lucifer was said to be the most beautiful and favored of God's angels and I believe that he was an Archangel. And it took an Archangel, St. Michael, to defeat him. I know Rian didn't grow up Catholic, and I know belief in angels differs across denominations somewhat, but he was raised in some Christian denomination. I wonder if received any teaching about angels? Also, since he is influenced by Jung, did Jung ever get into angels or any other kind of spiritual guide/supernatural beings that are humankind but "above humans" so to speak?

Also what is Luke in his Searchers shot doing next to Snoke? Very interesting. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:55 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ha, well they did say that RotLA was an influence but I just thought that meant general adventure stuff and the respective writers of TFA and TLJ being friends. But hey, never know - they could be reusing this old chestnut that's a classic of movie tropes ; )

Even more entertaining is that all of this super fun speculation pulls off that one picture, which a lot of fans kept insisting showed that he was getting eviller based on how his eyes are shaded. But the cut/stitches part is a much harder thing to add/remove versus how the shading of the eyes could just be from the lighting and filter used on that photo.

@snufkin

Haha!  My thoughts went RIGHT to that scene (one of my all-time favorites) when I thought of Rey stitching up Kylo.

New headcanon wish:

1. Luke blows up the hut. Kylo gets a big gash on his head, and Rey gets the gash on her arm.
2. Rey, Kylo, and Chewie decide that Luke is a lost cause (or maybe Luke even continues to threaten Kylo), and they leave on the MF.
3. Rey and Chewie co-pilot the ship off of Ahch-To and put Kylo in the sick bay.
4. Once the MF is in hyperspace/on autopilot, Rey heads back to the sick bay, and we get the stitching scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

O.M.G. That would be so amazing ... and ironic, because it was Luke in the MF sick bay in ESB, due to injury by a family member,  and now Luke would be the one injuring a family member. Evil/Insane/Misguided/Whatever Luke ... talk about looking at yourself and your full Dad (not just this Anakin sith) in the face for a "I am *like* my father moment".
@SoloSideCousin

Yup! The ESB callback was part of my thinking with that. It'd blend Luke-in-the-sick-bay with that RoTLA scene.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 12:04 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:There were early rumors that Snoke was a celestial type of being (which would fit with the Angel of Iego speculation). Is Iego considered Unknown Regions or close to it? Also, what if there is an angel hierarchy and the Archangels were the progenitors and originated in the Unknown Regions. Lucifer was said to be the most beautiful and favored of God's angels and I believe that he was an Archangel. And it took an Archangel, St. Michael, to defeat him. I know Rian didn't grow up Catholic, and I know belief in angels differs across denominations somewhat, but he was raised in some Christian denomination. I wonder if received any teaching about angels? Also, since he is influenced by Jung, did Jung ever get into angels or any other kind of spiritual guide/supernatural beings that are humankind but "above humans" so to speak?

There's an old podcast where he and Kevin Smith talk at length about their respective religious upbringings. I think he was raised Presbyterian, which is mainline (e.g. not charismatic/Evangelical). You learn about angels in mainline Protestant denominations, though what I only remember learning about Michael and Gabriel. The angels who are warnings/harbingers of death for Sodom/Gommorrah and the Flight into Egypt are unamed IRRC. This where I'm super curious what influence the Old and New Testament had on the ST because each clearly had an influence on the PT and OT. Especially when you have a director and 3 lead actors who were all either preacher's kids or raised in very conservative Protestant households. So that'd be an interesting conversation to hear their individual takes on the stories. Like Kylo from the beginning struck me as being the parable of the Prodigal Son, which um, is from The Book of Luke.

Also the species in question, it sounds like they come from the Western Reaches, same region Rey was abandoned in. And that there was some interaction at some point during the PT era. Meaning they'd know something of who his family was and the history with the Emperor.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 12:31 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

I can actually see Rey stitching Kylo up; stitching a wound would be an old fashioned way of treating it in the SWU, but not for someone like Rey who had probably had to do similar things on herself growing up alone on Jakku.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 12:39 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

I can actually see Rey stitching Kylo up; stitching a wound would be an old fashioned way of treating it in the SWU, but not for someone like Rey who had probably had to do similar things on herself growing up alone on Jakku.
@motherofpearl1

Right. I'm sure that Rey had to stitch up her own wounds from scavenging more than once while she was on Jakku.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 12:59 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

If the hut thing is true, I would love to see him shielding her, which would explain why he has a big gash on the side of his temple that requires stitching while she just has a scratch on her arm.  A girl can hope.  Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 1:01 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

Rumours abound of Anakin making an appearance in TLJ; everyone thinks he'll appear to Kylo or Rey.
But...what if it turns out to be Luke he appears to?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 1:02 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@motherofpearl1

Right. I'm sure that Rey had to stitch up her own wounds from scavenging more than once while she was on Jakku.
@ISeeAnIsland

Exactly. And the medicine would be pretty primitive there as there would definitely be no branch hospital of the Galactic Mayo Clinic or University teaching hospital on Jakku, lol. A bacta patch probably cost 40 portions if Unkar even had any in stock.

Actually Kylo might not even barely know what a stitch is, or only knows what stitches are from his time off the grid with Luke. He might be very poignantly impressed that she has this skill ... I say poignantly impressed in that "You imagine an ocean ... I see ... I see the island" kind of way. I always thought that he was profoundly impressed with her ability to mentally survive.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 1:56 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I would not be surprised if Rey had to stitch up her own clothes.  And as someone who has done both, it's the same skill set-- similar stitches for similar purposes, but with suture and needle drivers instead of a needle and thread.  That said, I don't envy Kylo getting stitched up without (one would presume) local anesthesia.  Also, nice catch to @mrswindu!
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:11 am

@snufkin wrote:Dang, that's some Deckard type detective work there, @MrsWindu!

Like I've said before, we've got just the bare minimum with the more credible spoilers and released shots/footage that it's enough to make you hopeful we're getting something interesting where those two are forced together for another entertaining round of head butting (him kidnapping her is like The Ransom of Red Chief meets the Blind Date from Hell). And it's definitely not how the usual corners of the Internet kept yelling about how it's going to be Rey Skywalker having a heartwarming Karate Kid reunion with her long lost Jedi dad to train to kill her eeeeviiillll full dark emo wuss of a cousin. Beyond that, I know just enough to be looking forward to this without needing to be spoiled (or disappointed, which is how I'd feel if it turned out to be murderous cousin-siblings).
@snufkin

hahaha Blade Runner is one of my all time favourite films esp that scene! That pic had been on my phone for a few months and I just didn't make a connection until yesterday. I like being a detective!
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:18 am

@snufkin "Force damn it, Ren, where doesn't it hurt?!"

I guess the good news is Ben isn't likely to fall asleep mid kiss if he's being stitched up without local anesthesia.

Oh yeah, UST and symbolism would be off the charts. And yeah, that admiring look in the pic is like her shocked, gasping look coming out of meditation in the teaser - who else would it be for?
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:21 am

Ohhhhh my gosh....I go to sleep and just caught up with all this. It's super to see how all the intertwining thoughts develop.

So I had another look at and I am no expert on the Millennium Falcon but I pulled a few things off now...it might just be me grabbing at straws and seeing what I want to see. But I'm thinking from the background of that pic he has his back towards the cockpit of the MF perhaps, and is facing towards the living quarters ? Please excuse the poor rendering I've only had a cuppa tea...

MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 4:03 am

So as I was looking through the archives for a pic of Rey/possible Ren embrace (which I did not find) I saw our pic of the bruise on Rey way back from filming was taken down.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 4:07 am

I would literally squeal with delight if there was a similar Indy & Marion scene with Rey & Kylo.

There was something else I wanted to ask - I was not on this forum when the BST came out....so if its been discussed please ignore. I was re-watching the BST trailer again to see if there were any more pics of Kylo with a wound. And I noticed G Christie voiceover at 1.30 - 1.43....and she turns up again at 2.20 saying'...ancient story of good against evil...' and when she says 'good' there is a still image of Kylo Ren and when she says 'evil' its Rey/Daisy training. I'm thinking that can't be a co-incidence or bad editing?
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 4:40 am

Don't want to be a party pooper, but I think this isn't the Millenium Falcon. I rather believe in this picture Kylo is either in the Star destroyer or another imperial ship just like Hux (see the pic next to Kylo, the window shape is the same).

And here's the cockpit of the MF (1:1 prop shop copy)

The lightning is remarkable. Not the same lightning like in that picture above. And if he stood in the back area next to the black seats you would see the buttons and the light bulbs as well.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 5:13 am

@EchoBase wrote:Don't want to be a party pooper, but I think this isn't the Millenium Falcon. I rather believe in this picture Kylo is either in the Star destroyer or another imperial ship just like Hux (see the pic next to Kylo, the window shape is the same).

The lightning is remarkable. Not the same lightning like in that picture above. And if he stood in the back area next to the black seats you would see the buttons and the light bulbs as well.
@EchoBase

I agree.  I don't think it's the MF either for the reasons you said.  But I don't know if based on the windows alone if we can absolutely say that it's an FO ship.  I was looking through the BTS, and the FO and Resistance window shapes are not as distinct as the Empire and Rebellion used to be.  That being said, it could be Kylo on an FO ship *after* the whole Ahch-to experience, because if there are stitches on him, they would have to be from a more primitive setting because it would be really "off" to have the FO use that kind of medicine.  And it would make sense for Kylo to end up on an FO ship towards the end of the movie if he and Rey end up fighting those multiple Red Imperial guards together.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 5:17 am

@EchoBase wrote:Don't want to be a party pooper, but I think this isn't the Millenium Falcon. I rather believe in this picture Kylo is either in the Star destroyer or another imperial ship just like Hux (see the pic next to Kylo, the window shape is the same).

@EchoBase

I always have to remind my self that I'am grinning while in office during heavy analyzing stuff lol!

While I do agree it doesn't look like MF in the photo (too dark), but the thing that bothers me with FO window is the angle.
If we presume that's the same ship where Hux is - than the angle of the frame should be diferently placed - to the opposite direction.

I'am absoltely sure that no one would understand what I just wrote down - because I'am incapable to explain it even in my native language lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 5:28 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@EchoBase

I always have to remind my self that I'am grinning while in office during heavy analyzing stuff lol!

While I do agree it doesn't look like MF in the photo (too dark), but the thing that bothers me with FO window is the angle.
If we presume that's the same ship where Hux is - than the angle of the frame should be diferently placed - to the opposite direction.

I'am absoltely sure that no one would understand what I just wrote down - because I'am incapable to explain it even in my native language lol!
@Darth_Awakened

I think I know what you mean about the angle, lol.

Also, the trim on the two windows is different.  Hux has a very flat molding to his window, whereas the Kylo window has a more "raised" molding.
Having just looked at the BTS, I think there are other examples of raised molding on windows and entrances with the Resistance ship. Ugh, I need to learn how to do proper screenshots so I can actually show what I am talking about, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 5:35 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@EchoBase

@Darth_Awakened

I think I know what you mean about the angle, lol.

Also, the trim on the two windows is different.  Hux has a very flat molding to his window, whereas the Kylo window has a more "raised" molding.
Having just looked at the BTS, I think there are other examples of raised molding on windows and entrances with the Resistance ship. Ugh, I need to learn how to do proper screenshots so I can actually show what I am talking about, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

I noticed the difference of trims as well (but was completely clueless about the English word for it)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 6:04 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

New headcanon wish:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

Exactly. And the medicine would be pretty primitive there as there would definitely be no branch hospital of the Galactic Mayo Clinic or University teaching hospital on Jakku, lol. A bacta patch probably cost 40 portions if Unkar even had any in stock.

Actually Kylo might not even barely know what a stitch is, or only knows what stitches are from his time off the grid with Luke. He might be very poignantly impressed that she has this skill ... I say poignantly impressed in that "You imagine an ocean ... I see ... I see the island" kind of way. I always thought that he was profoundly impressed with her ability to mentally survive.
@SoloSideCousin

The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw those stitches was: "that looks a bit primitive for FO medicine."

Then I remembered how the Falcon had pretty primitive medical equipment........
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 6:16 am

I'm pretty sure Kylo's in this FO ship:

nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 6:42 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@EchoBase

@Darth_Awakened

haha I'm at the park grinning away whilst I catch up here. I really am clutching at straws in an attempt to move my brain away from summer holiday duties....
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum