Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Wed 9 Aug - 20:10

snufkin wrote:

6) Kylo/Ben is fascinated by Rey, you say? Interesting choice of words there. Also the bit with Finn wanting to find her and run away together - sorry this just makes it sound even more like the fight between those two was like two guys having a bar fight over a girl. Like they both basically asked Rey to run off with them. Which she didn't, she teamed up instead with Chewie to go off on a quest (short answer, Chewie's the real ladies' man in this situation).


@snufkin

More ammunition to FinnRey ship. Wasn't he supposed to be with Rose and explore things with her and not pinning over Rey?
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 997
Likes : 2692
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 9 Aug - 20:11

I just noticed- he is sitting in the same kind of chair as when he was talking to Grandpappy's helmet in TFA. So he is in his personal quarters crying??
I totally think this is post-helmet smashing, and he is trying to get himself revved up to be eeeeeevil and then he leaves for Ahch-To. And in true Kylo fashion, falls apart upon encountering Rey.


Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Wed 9 Aug - 20:13; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 880
Likes : 4760
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 9 Aug - 20:12

This scene:



is this scene:



Thoughts?

also why does his scar keep changing
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1837
Likes : 15972
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 9 Aug - 20:15

DarthRen wrote:
snufkin wrote:

6) Kylo/Ben is fascinated by Rey, you say? Interesting choice of words there. Also the bit with Finn wanting to find her and run away together - sorry this just makes it sound even more like the fight between those two was like two guys having a bar fight over a girl. Like they both basically asked Rey to run off with them. Which she didn't, she teamed up instead with Chewie to go off on a quest (short answer, Chewie's the real ladies' man in this situation).


@snufkin

More ammunition to FinnRey ship. Wasn't he supposed to be with Rose and explore things with her and not pinning over Rey?
@DarthRen


Stupid backwards step for Finn's character. I thought he wanted to fight for the Resistance! He helped them get on Starkiller base for goodness sakes. And why the heck would he be going off to get Rey on Ahch-To, she was sent there by Leia, the General herself. This makes no sense to me.

Edit; didn't read the whole thing at first. This said at the beginning of TLJ, before he gets on his mission with Rose. That changes things of course.


Last edited by Xylo Ren on Wed 9 Aug - 20:29; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1837
Likes : 15972
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 20:16

Xylo Ren wrote:This scene:



is this scene:



Thoughts?

also why does his scar keep changing
@Xylo Ren

Dammit. That bottom scene is one of the ones where we thought he might be on a Resistance ship/in a Resistance conference room.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4613
Likes : 23912
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Helix on Wed 9 Aug - 20:16

Depression makes your hair limp and sad. He's too sad to do all the volumizing.

Rey looks angry and confused, Kylo looks sad... He's also sad because he doesn't get an article, but the Porgs do.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2600
Likes : 10163
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 9 Aug - 20:16

Xylo Ren wrote:This scene:



is this scene:



Thoughts?

also why does his scar keep changing
@Xylo Ren

It looks like his scar is more healed in the second pic but could be lighting. Background looks similar. I got the impression Kylo is standing in the second pic and leaning on something.
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 880
Likes : 4760
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 9 Aug - 20:17

I don't remember seeing this  scratch
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 848
Likes : 3858
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 9 Aug - 20:22

@Reyoflightside @Iseeanisland

I think it's the same scene, even down to the blueish-green lighting. They're not going to show any action or Ahch-To shots of him yet.

I just don't understand why the scar is so different?

I mean???




Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1837
Likes : 15972
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by IoJovi on Wed 9 Aug - 20:26

Does anybody remember the character of Todd Manning on One Life to Live?  This goes back to the early 90s so this might a stretch for some of you to remember.  This character was very much an anti-hero, much like Kylo, complete with a redemption arc.  He also had a similar scar on the same side of his face as Kylo.  
It also changed places from week to week.  lol!

Sorry, but that's what this reminds me of...

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6186
Likes : 33518
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 9 Aug - 20:27

Xylo Ren wrote:@Reyoflightside @Iseeanisland

I think it's the same scene, even down to the blueish-green lighting. They're not going to show any action or Ahch-To shots of him yet.

I just don't understand why the scar is so different?

I mean???




Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
@Xylo Ren

Who is he looking at? Hux? Maybe he is allergic to Hux's cat hence the watery eyes.
It looks like someone unexpectedly walks in?
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 880
Likes : 4760
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 9 Aug - 20:27

Xylo Ren wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
snufkin wrote:

6) Kylo/Ben is fascinated by Rey, you say? Interesting choice of words there. Also the bit with Finn wanting to find her and run away together - sorry this just makes it sound even more like the fight between those two was like two guys having a bar fight over a girl. Like they both basically asked Rey to run off with them. Which she didn't, she teamed up instead with Chewie to go off on a quest (short answer, Chewie's the real ladies' man in this situation).


@snufkin

More ammunition to FinnRey ship. Wasn't he supposed to be with Rose and explore things with her and not pinning over Rey?
@DarthRen

Stupid backwards step for Finn's character. I thought he wanted to fight for the Resistance! He helped them get on Starkiller base for goodness sakes. And why the heck would he be going off to get Rey on Ahch-To, she was sent there by Leia, the General herself. This makes no sense to me.
@Xylo Ren

I agree it's a stupid backwards step (basically brushing aside Finn's arc from TFA to start all over again), but I'm guessing this will be dealt with quickly. He wakes up, wonders where Rey is because he went back to SKB to rescue her, gets swept up in the fight again, and has to live up to Rose's idea of him. And we've learned before that he sees himself in Rose and their arcs are intertwined, so they're both learning how to become heroes.

Which is a bit silly because he already became a hero in TFA, but... yeah.

I suppose Finn's arc might be about overcoming impostor syndrome.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4065
Likes : 26407
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Airemyn on Wed 9 Aug - 20:28

@xylo ren it could be because the second photo is set earlier, as the scar looks less healed. It doesn't make sense though really because why would that much time pass until he finds the island?

Or they just haven't made their mind up as to how the scar will look? It's weird either way.
avatar
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 318
Likes : 1496
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by IoJovi on Wed 9 Aug - 20:29

@ReyOfLightside, that's IT!!! At this point he probably is still with the FO and someone he doesn't want to see, most likely Hux, walks in or rings his door.  

He was probably in the middle of talking to Vader's mask and didn't want to be interrupted...

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6186
Likes : 33518
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by panki on Wed 9 Aug - 20:29

Darth Dingbat wrote:The marketing may be Luke, Luke, Luke, but the fact is that the backstory that Rey will be "unpacking" is all about Kylo! And it's better than we could have imagined, because Luke's trauma isn't about being betrayed by his wicked ungrateful nephew who he always thought was a bit dodgy and untrustworthy, but about losing his beloved nephew, the one he had pinned all his hopes upon and the one he had basically reared to become some kind of a prophesied saviour figure (?).

That's huge.

And that explains why Luke feels responsible for what happened to Ben, too. So he raised Ben to bear the burden of some prophecy, apparently. Now Ben is burdened by the responsibility to "finish what Vader started" - presumably for the same reason.

There's something big in that story and that, my friends, is the very thing that will connect Kylo, Luke, and Rey. I'm like 100% sure this is all about a prophecy that "misread may have been", or at least misread (and twisted by Snoke) to the point that things got f***ed up along the way and Kylo ended up where he is, whilst still burdened by some heavy purpose that is making him miserable and believing "I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it."

As the resident big believer in a prophecy, I'm VERY excited about this info. rabbit

Am a believer in a prophecy being involved too so really happy with this news! bounce

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3003
Likes : 10989
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 9 Aug - 20:29

Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn

Thank you for saying this Smile Everyone is like "wow, puppy eyes" and all I see is flat hair. I miss the voluminous hair. Is the hairdresser who was braiding his hair for TFA not available anymore? And I still think his hair is shorter than in TFA. Also Rey's hair is shorter. No way it was only that long for the 3 buns. They both got their hair trimmed at some point. And yes, I am obsessing over hair now because you know, hair length continuity is very important. It's like having the right number of bolts on a ship from one shot to the other, you don't mess with that.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1424
Likes : 6820
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 20:32

SanghaRen wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

I didn't. And you know why? Because of Leia's words: "That's why I sent him to train with Luke". I had a headcanon in my mind that Ben was sent to Luke for being very powerful with the force but very unstable. Nothing suggested to me The Chosen One.
@Darth_Awakened

I understand that. I guess I never saw Leia's pov and Luke's pov as excluding each other because in spite of being twins, they do have a different approach to life and people. Luke is the ultimate believer - or he was. Leia is more factual. Ben always stroke me as crushed down by having to live up to the legacy, taking into account that there might be some projecting from my side. I guess I also don't see the chosen one as being automatically linked with a prophecy, but more Luke naturally believing that his nephew was meant to be his successor and hence a sort of chosen one.
@SanghaRen

Oh I understand now your point. As being seen as Luke's successor is more natural then being a sort of prophecy material.
But it seems (if it's not another marketing trick) that they are playing again on the prophecy side of it(much to @Darth Dingbat delight), which I found confusing at first glance (as much as I was confused during Obi and Maul's end of duel in Rebels and mention of The Chosen One).

It's interesting though, because it indicates how much young Ben was under all sort of pressure to follow the same paths as his ancestors and be a new hero. Somehow I think he blamed Han of being absent while his mother and his uncle decided about his future.

As well, there's of course Snoke in all of it, it yet to be seen at which point he crept in and served Ben a twisted story of his legacy (Darth Vader thing). I think that should be explained in the movie - because if ends only of Ben being just bad per se - and be fascinated only by Darth Vaders antics - I think it would and flat and drama free. No to mention that what have I see in TFA regarding the character who obviously has struggled all the way - it doesn't suggest at all "a bad egg" of a character.



_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3740
Likes : 17091
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 9 Aug - 20:33

SanghaRen wrote:
Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn

Thank you for saying this Smile Everyone is like "wow, puppy eyes" and all I see is flat hair. I miss the voluminous hair. Is the hairdresser who was braiding his hair for TFA not available anymore? And I still think his hair is shorter than in TFA. Also Rey's hair is shorter. No way it was only that long for the 3 buns. They both got their hair trimmed at some point. And yes, I am obsessing over hair now because you know, hair length continuity is very important. It's like having the right number of bolts on a ship from one shot to the other, you don't mess with that.
@SanghaRen

Maybe a bacta side effect? Laughing
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 324
Likes : 1300
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Helix on Wed 9 Aug - 20:33

I'm already seeing 'Luke is broken because he lost his family! Rey is going to find out Luke is her dad!'. It's true, every sector will take what they want from this. Laughing
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2600
Likes : 10163
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 9 Aug - 20:37

SanghaRen wrote:
Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn

Thank you for saying this Smile Everyone is like "wow, puppy eyes" and all I see is flat hair. I miss the voluminous hair. Is the hairdresser who was braiding his hair for TFA not available anymore? And I still think his hair is shorter than in TFA. Also Rey's hair is shorter. No way it was only that long for the 3 buns. They both got their hair trimmed at some point. And yes, I am obsessing over hair now because you know, hair length continuity is very important. It's like having the right number of bolts on a ship from one shot to the other, you don't mess with that.
@SanghaRen

I have been thinking the same thing about Rey and the three buns! Does Luke trim her hair or something? Cuz she'd need a lot more for her TFA style than what they're showing after she takes it down Laughing
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 848
Likes : 3858
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 20:37

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:This scene:



is this scene:



Thoughts?

also why does his scar keep changing
@Xylo Ren

It looks like his scar is more healed in the second pic but could be lighting. Background looks similar. I got the impression Kylo is standing in the second pic and leaning on something.
@ReyofLightSide

It could be the same room/setting but at different times. i.e. The more prominent scar is pre-Ahch-To and the fainter scar is post-Ahch-To.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4613
Likes : 23912
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 20:38

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
snufkin wrote:

6) Kylo/Ben is fascinated by Rey, you say? Interesting choice of words there. Also the bit with Finn wanting to find her and run away together - sorry this just makes it sound even more like the fight between those two was like two guys having a bar fight over a girl. Like they both basically asked Rey to run off with them. Which she didn't, she teamed up instead with Chewie to go off on a quest (short answer, Chewie's the real ladies' man in this situation).


@snufkin

More ammunition to FinnRey ship. Wasn't he supposed to be with Rose and explore things with her and not pinning over Rey?
@DarthRen

Stupid backwards step for Finn's character. I thought he wanted to fight for the Resistance! He helped them get on Starkiller base for goodness sakes. And why the heck would he be going off to get Rey on Ahch-To, she was sent there by Leia, the General herself. This makes no sense to me.
@Xylo Ren

I agree it's a stupid backwards step (basically brushing aside Finn's arc from TFA to start all over again), but I'm guessing this will be dealt with quickly. He wakes up, wonders where Rey is because he went back to SKB to rescue her, gets swept up in the fight again, and has to live up to Rose's idea of him. And we've learned before that he sees himself in Rose and their arcs are intertwined, so they're both learning how to become heroes.

Which is a bit silly because he already became a hero in TFA, but... yeah.

I suppose Finn's arc might be about overcoming impostor syndrome.
@Darth Dingbat

Guys, you're forgetting that Finn went to SKB only to save Rey. He didn't decide anything in regard to himself in TFA. He became much braver that's for sure, but then being in a coma at the end of the movie we actually didn't know what was in his head. So, the things I'am reading form Boyega's interview does make sense and I'am looking forward very much for his and Rose's story arc. As for solely Rose, sadly I'am pretty sure her sis will die.

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3740
Likes : 17091
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 9 Aug - 20:39

Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn His current look works with character development though. He looks haggard AF, and he should.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1554
Likes : 8696
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 20:40

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn

Thank you for saying this Smile Everyone is like "wow, puppy eyes" and all I see is flat hair. I miss the voluminous hair. Is the hairdresser who was braiding his hair for TFA not available anymore? And I still think his hair is shorter than in TFA. Also Rey's hair is shorter. No way it was only that long for the 3 buns. They both got their hair trimmed at some point. And yes, I am obsessing over hair now because you know, hair length continuity is very important. It's like having the right number of bolts on a ship from one shot to the other, you don't mess with that.
@SanghaRen

I have been thinking the same thing about Rey and the three buns! Does Luke trim her hair or something? Cuz she'd need a lot more for her TFA style than what they're showing after she takes it down Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

I did my daughter's hair in Rey buns for ballet class a couple of times (per her request). She has very thick, straight hair that's just past her shoulders, and she did not have TFA-Rey volume in her buns. I think TFA-Rey is sporting some hair extensions.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4613
Likes : 23912
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Airemyn on Wed 9 Aug - 20:42

SanghaRen wrote:
Airemyn wrote:I do like all the sad Kylo photos but I don't know what's happened to the luscious hair volume he had in TFA. What's happened?!?!
I'm even more sure now that we're not just getting Rey bringing Luke back, otherwise they've just given away the entire plot! Kylo is involved here in more ways than one!
@Airemyn

Thank you for saying this Smile Everyone is like "wow, puppy eyes" and all I see is flat hair. I miss the voluminous hair. Is the hairdresser who was braiding his hair for TFA not available anymore? And I still think his hair is shorter than in TFA. Also Rey's hair is shorter. No way it was only that long for the 3 buns. They both got their hair trimmed at some point. And yes, I am obsessing over hair now because you know, hair length continuity is very important. It's like having the right number of bolts on a ship from one shot to the other, you don't mess with that.
@SanghaRen

Haha agreed, it does bother me that his hair is so different and I know what you mean about Daisy's hair. I like things to have continuity and I can see that being an bit of an issue with the change of directors, but I do also get the point that he's a mess now so it needs to reflect in his hair style. But wasn't he a mess from the start?

Seriously though, if people haven't gotten the message by now that Kylo is clearly not 'the' villain then they are obtuse, to say the least. What kind of blockbuster film would market their villain with tear filled eyes and sad expressions? The shot of him in the trailer was more like what you would expect, but it still wasn't very menacing, was it?

I can't help but wonder if they made a huge mistake by having him kill Han, unless there was a real overarching reason behind it.
avatar
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 318
Likes : 1496
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum