Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 12 Aug - 16:03

motherofpearl1 wrote:I keep thinking of that cellar fight scene in Pride and Prejudice with Zombies!

Two people fighting each other when all they wanted to do was - Censored
@motherofpearl1

Jas Emari and Jom Barell Cool
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 12 Aug - 16:03

WhatGirl wrote:Btw are they really giving alien creatures visible genitalia now? That's pretty bold, lol.

I remember an epic thread on the World of Warcraft forums years ago when a new pet was added to the game. The creature was essentially just a floating eyeball with an orifice on its backside. Said orifice sparked hundreds of pages of "controversy" and arguing because, oh noes, kids might see that!!1!!11
@WhatGirl

Does anyone remember the 'scandal' of the Crazy Frog advert?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Sat 12 Aug - 16:45

Kylo Men wrote:I have to say, re-reading the Luke-Rey article, the whole bit about Rey's past being tied in with Luke's past and they might be able to heal together .... that could sound Reywalker. But I have a hard time seeing how Rey's Skywalker heritage wouldn't matter, as stated in the Parentage article. Because being a Skywalker in this galaxy matters. And the fact that Breznican doubles-down on Reynobi would seem to me that these passages were not written with some discreet Reywalker knowledge in mind. I don't know quite what to make of this, honestly.
@Kylo Men

Still don't see where the Brez connects Rey's past with Luke's...

"As we know, the young scavenger was ditched as a child on the hardscrabble junkyard world of Jakku by unknown parents and left for years to survive on her own."

"A big part of Rey’s future will be uncovering her own past: Who is connected to her? Where did she come from? And why was she cast away?"

"As she tries to pick up her own pieces, she may find they fit together well with the remnants of Luke Skywalker. Working together, they may become whole again."

All it says to me is that they have experienced similar traumas, and MAY work through them together, to become whole persons.
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 12 Aug - 17:35

Ok, I will now officially apologize to anyone fron LF lurking around here for complaining so heavily about the absence of bad guys in the promotion.

I liked both articles of Rey's parents and Kylo & Co. I think it's the best you could get without being spoilery. I am going to have one more glass of wine to celebrate. I am a bit bummed that Hux is not spoken about.

Reading about Chewie, a new headcanon formed: a scene where he would want to kill Kylo - or at least hurt him badly - with Kylo not using the Force and letting him hit him until Rey intervenes. Come December I will really have to do a headcanon purge. Not sure how to do that, but I'll think about it.

Last edited by SanghaRen on Sat 12 Aug - 18:33; edited 2 times in total
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 17:43

So random thought given the EW article about Kylo representing for adolescence and rebellion, albeit in a pretty destructive form, wonder how this ties in with what we've seen so far with the collateral books? Because so far with Empire's End books, we have:

- PoV quote from Lando about how knowing both parents pretty well, he knows that their kid is going to be a troublemaker par excellence

- Han's PoV about being unsettled that he's not privvy to the Force connection Leia and Ben share. But the father-son moments of holding him, thinking how "vulnerable" (nice choice of words there) he is, and having the convo of telling Ben that he likely won't win any Father of the Year awards, but that "doing the right thing doesn't always mean moving in a straight line."

- Various PoV quotes from Leia during her pregnancy about the force of light /darkness she can feel in him, the moment when she glimpses that she's not only carrying a boy, but the whole "pluck, wit, fighter" line about his personality.

The next Claudia Grey novel is out in a couple of weeks and the two details which jump out with relation to the EW Kylo article are

1. Like Bloodline, it very much sounds like a prequel in writing to TLJ, with backstory that's not critical to watching the movie but which is relevant and tied in to the plot/themes. Like we can guess that Bloodline essentially shows the Vader reveal which will be part of Ben and Luke's backstories.

2. There's a quote in there about how it tracks Leia's growing awareness of the larger situation with the Empire, feeling like her parents re keeping things from her, and going against them by getting involved. So uh, who would that possibly sound a little bit like?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 17:47

Also speaking of publishing, even if Rey's parentage ultimately isn't a critical plot point, other than how being an orphan on Jakku shaped her, you can bet that they will be important enough that Disney will milk the Hell out of those characters for books and comics. Although hopefully they will do a better job than "here, we we wrote some interesting characters and back stories for Jyn's parents. But you will have to go read these books in order to make any sense of why you should care about them and what happened in the opening/flashback scenes for Rogue One." There will likely be future young Rey YA publishing material in the future about her adventures on Jakku. Although the amount of mileage a writer could get out of that scenario, plucky hopeful orphan suffering under material and emotional deprivation, sounds pretty limited. The thing with making Rey stay put is that you can't write her as too active/independent of a character because otherwise why the Hell would she chose to stick around there instead of being forced thanks to Finn and Hux's troops (and blunt talk from Maz) to finally move on with her life?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sat 12 Aug - 17:53

I agree. I think her parents may be unknowns, but their lineage will be important. This is Star Wars lineage and legacy is everything with main characters. I remember reading Daisy said something to the effect that her family will broaden the universe of Star Wars. That tells me that the are important, but the decisions Rey makes going forward will forge her path.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 12 Aug - 18:11

"Intertwined destinies"
"Disparate pieces that come together"
"Two halves of the dark and the light"

[url=][/url]
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 12 Aug - 18:15

snufkin wrote:Also speaking of publishing, even if Rey's parentage ultimately isn't a critical plot point, other than how being an orphan on Jakku shaped her, you can bet that they will be important enough that Disney will milk the Hell out of those characters for books and comics. Although hopefully they will do a better job than "here, we we wrote some interesting characters and back stories for Jyn's parents. But you will have to go read these books in order to make any sense of why you should care about them and what happened in the opening/flashback scenes for Rogue One." There will likely be future young Rey YA publishing material in the future about her adventures on Jakku. Although the amount of mileage a writer could get out of that scenario, plucky hopeful orphan suffering under material and emotional deprivation, sounds pretty limited. The thing with making Rey stay put is that you can't write her as too active/independent of a character because otherwise why the Hell would she chose to stick around there instead of being forced thanks to Finn and Hux's troops (and blunt talk from Maz) to finally move on with her life?
@snufkin

Elsewhere online, there are people who are hot on the idea of Rey's parents being Acolytes of the Beyond. It would certainly fit with the timeline, dark origins, even the Vader worship...etc. It's not as "sexy" as some theories, but it does fit with what we know (so far), and it would expand the lore for tie-in books, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 12 Aug - 18:18

To me, the EW article seemed to strongly hint at at least one of her parents being dark side.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 12 Aug - 18:19

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:Also speaking of publishing, even if Rey's parentage ultimately isn't a critical plot point, other than how being an orphan on Jakku shaped her, you can bet that they will be important enough that Disney will milk the Hell out of those characters for books and comics. Although hopefully they will do a better job than "here, we we wrote some interesting characters and back stories for Jyn's parents. But you will have to go read these books in order to make any sense of why you should care about them and what happened in the opening/flashback scenes for Rogue One." There will likely be future young Rey YA publishing material in the future about her adventures on Jakku. Although the amount of mileage a writer could get out of that scenario, plucky hopeful orphan suffering under material and emotional deprivation, sounds pretty limited. The thing with making Rey stay put is that you can't write her as too active/independent of a character because otherwise why the Hell would she chose to stick around there instead of being forced thanks to Finn and Hux's troops (and blunt talk from Maz) to finally move on with her life?
@snufkin

Elsewhere online, there are people who are hot on the idea of Rey's parents being Acolytes of the Beyond. It would certainly fit with the timeline, dark origins, even the Vader worship...etc. It's not as "sexy" as some theories, but it does fit with what we know (so far), and it would expand the lore for tie-in books, etc.
@ISeeAnIsland

When I read that rumor about a YA movie with a tragic end, I thought it is going to be about Rey's parents.
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 12 Aug - 18:30

@SkyStar

Is the YA movie not going to be based on Lost Stars?
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 12 Aug - 18:32

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SkyStar

@Cowgirlsamurai

Ah, I don't know, maybe. scratch
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 19:11

SkyStar wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

When I read that rumor about a YA movie with a tragic end, I thought it is going to be about Rey's parents.
@SkyStar @ISeeAnIsland

I think maybe @WhatGirl floated the idea that her parents could possibly be that type of scenario, either like Lost Stars (different sides of a war) or possibly what you mentioned, one dark and one light. Or they're potentially DS and got mixed up with something to do with Snoke or the various factional groups/conflicts which get hinted at. At least so far what they've told us, it doesn't sound like Jakku is the type of place where a couple would take their small daughter on a family outing. They were there for a reason connected to something like LST's village or Jakku's history in the war/Force. And if we're correct in thinking that Abrams and Kasdan mined the Hell out of the entire franchise for references, it's not a coincidence that the only other time Scavengers get mentioned is in Quin-Gon telling Padme that they're in a place where the population is "Scavengers, nomads, and other people looking to not be found." Whatever it is, it won't have a critical impact on the ST, but it'll be substantive enough that it'll be source material for at least a novel. And of course the film nerd in me can't resist thinking that given how much Star Wars mines David Lean, that Rey's backstory will be like Tanya learning from her uncle Obi-Wan about her parents being Zhivago and Lara on the run from the government. The EW article about Kylo certainly makes him sound exactly like Pasha/Strelnikov.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 12 Aug - 20:22

@Cowgirlsamurai

I sincerely doubt that... the SW novels aren't popular enough with the GA to have significant pull, and LF like to keep the plots of their films well hidden. I think all we know about the supposed YA film is that it would be a tragic romance. And there's no official word on that, either.

But an anthology novel about Rey's parents would be pretty neat!
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 12 Aug - 20:27

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

I sincerely doubt that... the SW novels aren't popular enough with the GA to have significant pull, and LF like to keep the plots of their films well hidden. I think all we know about the supposed YA film is that it would be a tragic romance. And there's no official word on that, either.

@Darth Dingbat

Duh, I meant an anthology film. But I wouldn't mind a novel either Very Happy As long as we get the story.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 21:04

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth Dingbat

Duh, I meant an anthology film. But I wouldn't mind a novel either :D As long as we get the story.

@Darth Dingbat

I would bet we get a novel about her parents which includes Tiny Rey. And it'll be after IX, to keep feeding fan interest in the characters. I really hope after the incessant theories and speculation about her lineage that they give the screen time instead to Finn's family and how he ended up being taken by the FO as a child.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 22:07; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 12 Aug - 21:44

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth Dingbat

Yes, it's not really Lucasfilm's style to release a book before the movie, but when I heard "tragic romance" I thought of Lost Stars. It's too bad because I think that could play out great on screen!  Very Happy
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 12 Aug - 21:47

Also, Rey's hair is completely down in this box art. Just noticed that. Wonder if it'll be like this at some point in the movie?

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 13 Aug - 0:33

Xylo Ren wrote:Also, Rey's hair is completely down in this box art. Just noticed that. Wonder if it'll be like this at some point in the movie?

@Xylo Ren omg if someone put this side by side that beautiful black and white kylo pic, my heart would explode.
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 13 Aug - 1:14

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth Dingbat

The "spoiler" from SWNN (I think that's where that one came from) specifically said that it wouldn't be an adaptation of Lost Stars.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 13 Aug - 1:18

rey09 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Also, Rey's hair is completely down in this box art. Just noticed that. Wonder if it'll be like this at some point in the movie?

@Xylo Ren omg if someone put this side by side that beautiful black and white kylo pic, my heart would explode.
@rey09

While I'm not the biggest fan of Rey's hair half pulled back, I am loving the way it looks all the way down. I really hope this happens in TLJ in front of a certain Solo boy...

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 13 Aug - 1:21

IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@rey09

While I'm not the biggest fan of Rey's hair half pulled back, I am loving the way it looks all the way down. I really hope this happens in TLJ in front of a certain Solo boy...
@IoJovi

Agreed--she's extra gorgeous there. And that must happen at the very end of the movie--she's in her "Jedi" outfit, and we haven't seen that 'do in any of the BTS stills or anything yet.

It's kind of looking like they are following that trope of Rey letting her hair down more as she matures into a woman. If, as we think, she moves to the "half down" 'do after the rain fight, I wonder what precedes her going "full down".

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 13 Aug - 1:33

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@rey09

While I'm not the biggest fan of Rey's hair half pulled back, I am loving the way it looks all the way down.  I really hope this happens in TLJ in front of a certain Solo boy...
@IoJovi

Agreed--she's extra gorgeous there. And that must happen at the very end of the movie--she's in her "Jedi" outfit, and we haven't seen that 'do in any of the BTS stills or anything yet.

It's kind of looking like they are following that trope of Rey letting her hair down more as she matures into a woman. If, as we think, she moves to the "half down" 'do after the rain fight, I wonder what precedes her going "full down".
@ISeeAnIsland Waitt her hair is going be be down completely?? @IoJovi I loved her half-pulled back look in pictures but wasn't a fan on video clips. Lacked volume on top lol. I am digging kylo's hair cut
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 13 Aug - 1:33

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top