Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by BenRey on Sun 13 Aug - 22:12

From reddit, not verified

VIII Spoilers A regular customer at my dad's shop is a lighting designer for major motion pictures and he claims to have worked on the last Jedi. Here is what he told us last night:

Leia's last scene in the movie is really emotional, and reminiscent of the last scene in ESB.

There's a hilarious short scene where Poe will mistake Finn for a first order trooper, repeatedly trying to bomb him as Finn runs for cover.

Snoke apparently dies by Luke at the end of the film, however Luke seems to have become possessed by Snoke.

Lando is not in the movie (as far as he knows).

DJ betrays Finn and Rose and is revealed to be working for Supreme Leader Snoke.

That's all he was willing to share. I'll ask for more info next time

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6td0q1/possible_tlj_spoilers/
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 13 Aug - 22:18

BRING ON POSSESSED!LUKE!!!!! cheers
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 13 Aug - 22:48

I wonder who will perform the exorcism?

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 13 Aug - 22:50

Plausible enough. Gimme posessed!Luke.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 13 Aug - 23:16

Possessed!Luke is super plausible.

In The Art of The Force Awakens, there's an image of Luke "becoming" Snoke.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 13 Aug - 23:25

@Piper Maru wrote:Possessed!Luke is super plausible.

In The Art of The Force Awakens, there's an image of Luke "becoming" Snoke.
@Piper Maru

I agree. It would also create a "have your cake and eat it too" situation with DarkLuke. All the drama of corruption/darkness with diminished responsibility.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 13 Aug - 23:29

That all actually doesn't sound that bizarre or off. I can see DJ doing that and I could see them trying to work in humor with Poe shooting at Finn.

Snoke taking over Luke kinda parallels what Vader went through when he became possessed by the dark side. It shows that he's human too, and fell to darkness. Doesn't matter if he's been light his whole life, evil knows no age. And can you imagine how juicy that final showdown will be in IX, when it's not Rey and Kylo versus Snoke, but Rey and Kylo versus Luke, trying to rid him of the evil?

The only thing I find hard to believe is that a light designer would know all of this and just casually tell the store owner he visits...but it's not the worst set of spoilers I've heard before.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 13 Aug - 23:35

@Birdwoman wrote:I wonder who will perform the exorcism?
@Birdwoman

Whups, too bad Ben killed off Lor San Tekka

The whole business of being possessed by the Darkside is interesting because of the original draft of ESB. Leigh Brackett wrote it as a manifestation of the worst impulses/character traits all people possess, including a line about how it's the "inherent evil that all beings are born with." Which sounds an awful lot like the full conversation they wrote for Leia and Han where she tells him that Snoke was able to zero in on Ben because of his capacity to be as Dark/Bad as he is Light/Good.  

Also interesting side notes if you fall down the rabbit hole of reading about Brackett working with Lucas on the story and script:

1)  The twin sister character was originally planned to be introduced as a young woman training in secret to be a Jedi. At some point she would've become the central character of films 7-9. Perhaps was the inspiration for Lucas' idea that the ST be about a young woman's path to becoming a Jedi? Although given his grumbling, likely Rey turned out a lot different (most likely not Reylated) than he envisioned.

2)  Leigh Brackett worked with him on the story and script while she was in treatment for cancer and she died (unexpectedly) a month after she'd finished the first draft of the script. Kasdan was asked to take over in addition to writing the script for Raiders because time was running out for pre-production and they didn't have a finished script. Given the freak outs over things like Rogue One and Han Solo's personnel changes, can you imagine the fan reaction if something like that happened now because of social media and intense fan scrutiny?

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 13 Aug - 23:37; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 13 Aug - 23:36

@Xylo Ren wrote:That all actually doesn't sound that bizarre or off. I can see DJ doing that and I could see them trying to work in humor with Poe shooting at Finn.

Snoke taking over Luke kinda parallels what Vader went through when he became possessed by the dark side. It shows that he's human too, and fell to darkness. Doesn't matter if he's been light his whole life, evil knows no age. And can you imagine how juicy that final showdown will be in IX, when it's not Rey and Kylo versus Snoke, but Rey and Kylo versus Luke, trying to rid him of the evil?

The only thing I find hard to believe is that a light designer would know all of this and just casually tell the store owner he visits...but it's not the worst set of spoilers I've heard before.
@Xylo Ren

To me the spoilers sound plausible in the way that someone could easily just make up something like that. And the story behind learning about it sounds shaky at best. It's along the same lines as the 'my friend's dad works at x' explanation.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 14 Aug - 0:26

I'm skeptical given the source, but a Possessed! Luke could tie in with some of the other unverified rumors we've heard:

* Could be the outcome of a "Luke goes for Snoke; Rey goes for Kylo" scenario.
* Would plausibly explain Luke ending up the "big bad"/villain of the ST.
* Would plausibly explain Rey possibly "going off with Snoke" (Snuke?) at the end of TLJ.

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 14 Aug - 1:53

Great, now I have a dream ending for TLJ:

- Rey, Kylo and Chewie leave on the Falcon for... reasons. They get to the Resistance on Crait, and Rey brings Kylo to Leia. For obvious reasons, Leia is conflicted. Finn doesn't understand why Rey is buddies with Kylo, but before discussions can get too heated, the First Order attacks Crait.

- People start accusing Kylo and Rey of having led the First Order to the Resistance base. Kylo starts realising that the tracking device Snoke has mentioned in the audience at the beginning of the movie was not in his helmet (which he smashed at the beginning). He leaves, not wanting to doom his mother any further.

- Rey, against everyone else, decides to go after Kylo. Put here a moment between Rey and Finn when he's like "I don't recognize you", and just before Rey leaves, put here Leia taking Rey's hands and saying "Thanknl you". Queue me bawling in the theater.

- Luke shakes out of his depression by deciding to go after Snoke, after realizing that his destruction will be what will save the people closest to him.

- Rey finds Kylo (put here tear jerker moment because for the first time, someone came back for him), and they have word Luke has boarded Snoke's Star Destroyer. Kylo still sees Snoke as an all-powerful being, and both board the Star Destroyer to help Luke.

- In truth, Snoke has lured Luke into a trap: he sends his Pretorian guards after Rey and Kylo to keep them busy, and faces Luke alone... Luke eūasily defeats him... but while Snoke's body is dead, his spirit is still alive... and he takes possession of Luke.

- Rey and Kylo arrive, only to meet possessed!Luke, and rush back to the Resistance to warn them.
But the latter is facing heavy casualties, and Leia is one of the victims. Snoke!Luke comes back as a hero and is welcomed with open arms, while no one believes Rey and Kylo's claims that Luke is not the one who he claims to be. Snoke!Luke brands Rey and Kylo as enemies, and they are forced to run away. But Finn, Poe and Rose know that something fishy is going on, and they vow to find Rey and Kylo.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 14 Aug - 2:00

@Irina de France wrote:Great, now I have a dream ending for TLJ:

- Rey, Kylo and Chewie leave on the Falcon for... reasons. They get to the Resistance on Crait, and Rey brings Kylo to Leia. For obvious reasons, Leia is conflicted. Finn doesn't understand why Rey is buddies with Kylo, but before discussions can get too heated, the First Order attacks Crait.

- People start accusing Kylo and Rey of having led the First Order to the Resistance base. Kylo starts realising that the tracking device Snoke has mentioned in the audience at the beginning of the movie was not in his helmet (which he smashed at the beginning). He leaves, not wanting to doom his mother any further.

- Rey, against everyone else, decides to go after Kylo. Put here a moment between Rey and Finn when he's like "I don't recognize you", and just before Rey leaves, put here Leia taking Rey's hands and saying "Thanknl you". Queue me bawling in the theater.

- Luke shakes out of his depression by deciding to go after Snoke, after realizing that his destruction will be what will save the people closest to him.

- Rey finds Kylo (put here tear jerker moment because for the first time, someone came back for him), and they have word Luke has boarded Snoke's Star Destroyer. Kylo still sees Snoke as an all-powerful being, and both board the Star Destroyer to help Luke.

- In truth, Snoke has lured Luke into a trap: he sends his Pretorian guards after Rey and Kylo to keep them busy, and faces Luke alone... Luke eūasily defeats him... but while Snoke's body is dead, his spirit is still alive... and he takes possession of Luke.

- Rey and Kylo arrive, only to meet possessed!Luke, and rush back to the Resistance to warn them.
But the latter is facing heavy casualties, and Leia is one of the victims. Snoke!Luke comes back as a hero and is welcomed with open arms, while no one believes Rey and Kylo's claims that Luke is not the one who he claims to be. Snoke!Luke brands Rey and Kylo as enemies, and they are forced to run away. But Finn, Poe and Rose know that something fishy is going on, and they vow to find Rey and Kylo.
@Irina de France

That's the best part.  Very Happy  I think that would be awesome.
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 14 Aug - 2:03

This Possessed!Luke is a win-win situation for everyone in this fandom (as far as I could tell). 

With Luke taken, who else could possibly save him but Rey and Kylo? This gives huge chances of development between Rey and Kylo, gives Kylo a chance for his redemption; he killed his father, his mother apparently dies in TLJ, and so he will not lose his uncle as well. Same goes for Rey because at some point we know she will come to care for Luke despite whatever disagreement they would have in TLJ. This adds to her character journey of the Student saving her Mentor and overcoming her differences with her Nemesis, and possibly finding romance as well. That's like 3 birds with 1 stone for Rey!

Rey and Kylo working together to defeat an ancient evil, would mean they discover some thing new about the Force, and this is where the YinYang thing plays in. Luke's old knowledge in the Force wouldn't be enough, and will need Rey and Kylo's new found powers to help him.

With Luke possessed, he is both Villain and Victim. Luke Zealots won't have much to complain for because as SoloSideCousin points out; it's diminisher responsibility. It's the same as when we speculated Ben to have been possessed and brainwashed as a child.

In the end everyone retains their heroes, each hero learns something crucial for their own character arcs, and although it's not all fine and dandy, the galaxy will be at peace again.

Now tell me that's not Star Wars
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 14 Aug - 2:07

@Moonlight13 wrote:

@Irina de France

@Moonlight13

I always take these Reddit rumors with an utterly massive grain of salt, but I keep thinking about the teaser poster, and Luke's enormously massive foreboding presence. Something is going on with him that makes him very much not the hero in this story. This would actually be a good way to do that without pissing off Luke's diehard fans in the process. He is now the villain, but he's also still blameless in this situation. It's up to the new generation to now fulfill the role of hero and free him from his possession.

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 14 Aug - 3:20

Kind of on a similar note, I won't post the picture here in a public thread (but go ahead and check the Lego thread), there's a new image of that BB-8/Snoke's throne room playset. Rey, Finn, and Rose are all pictured fighting various FO figures. And that chair is very clearly an interrogation chair.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 14 Aug - 5:53

If Luke battles Snoke, then who are Rey and Kylo fighting together, if you think they are?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 14 Aug - 5:55

Unless Luke then has command of the guards.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Aug - 6:09

@Kylo Men wrote:If Luke battles Snoke, then who are Rey and Kylo fighting together, if you think they are?
@Kylo Men

I think Rey and Kylo will be fighting the Red Guards together.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 14 Aug - 10:48

@IoJovi wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:

@Irina de France

@Moonlight13

I always take these Reddit rumors with an utterly massive grain of salt, but I keep thinking about the teaser poster, and Luke's enormously massive foreboding presence. Something is going on with him that makes him very much not the hero in this story. This would actually be a good way to do that without pissing off Luke's diehard fans in the process. He is now the villain, but he's also still blameless in this situation. It's up to the new generation to now fulfill the role of hero and free him from his possession.

@IoJovi

Agreed. It also might explain the behind the scenes shots which appear to show Kylo and Rey battling Snokes' guards.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Aug - 15:45

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Kind of on a similar note, I won't post the picture here in a public thread (but go ahead and check the Lego thread), there's a new image of that BB-8/Snoke's throne room playset. Rey, Finn, and Rose are all pictured fighting various FO figures. And that chair is very clearly an interrogation chair.
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm thinking Finn and Rose were taken prisoner during their mission, and Rey goes to rescue them.

Luke and Ben may have returned together to the Resistance. They did, after all, seem to disappear together in the eyes of the GFFA, with only a select few knowing Ben became Kylo Ren. It would make the most sense to me if they came back at the same time, in the same ship.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 14 Aug - 16:02

@BenRey wrote:From reddit, not verified

VIII Spoilers A regular customer at my dad's shop is a lighting designer for major motion pictures and he claims to have worked on the last Jedi. Here is what he told us last night:

Leia's last scene in the movie is really emotional, and reminiscent of the last scene in ESB.

There's a hilarious short scene where Poe will mistake Finn for a first order trooper, repeatedly trying to bomb him as Finn runs for cover.

Snoke apparently dies by Luke at the end of the film, however Luke seems to have become possessed by Snoke.

Lando is not in the movie (as far as he knows).

DJ betrays Finn and Rose and is revealed to be working for Supreme Leader Snoke.

That's all he was willing to share. I'll ask for more info next time

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6td0q1/possible_tlj_spoilers/
@BenRey

Hmmm, it's not the worst possible crack spoiler we've heard. It makes sense Snoke would look for a new "host." How will they show Luke is possessed? Will he remove Snoke's big ring and put it on his own hand? Will his light saber turn red?

I can see where Kylo and Rey then happen upon Luke and Kylo especially realizes what happened,  Kylo grabbing Rey and getting the hell out of there. It ends with Luke, I dunno, then sitting on Snoke's throne (may be corny but could work) and then Kylo and Rey leaving on the MF. THAT would be a twist.

I don't get the emotional ending with Leia that is like ESB? She will be on a ship staring into the stars?
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 14 Aug - 16:59

Or....
she gets a 'Viking funeral' and some members of the Resistance stand watching her body on a ship being sent into the heart of the sun that was Starkiller, so she's laid to rest with the love of her life.

Regarding Snoke possessing Luke.....maybe Kylo was his original choice but he had to settle for Luke instead.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 14 Aug - 17:20

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Or....
she gets a 'Viking funeral' and some members of the Resistance stand watching her body on a ship being sent into the heart of the sun that was Starkiller, so she's laid to rest with the love of her life.

Regarding Snoke possessing Luke.....maybe Kylo was his original choice but he had to settle for Luke instead.
@motherofpearl1

Yes, I think at this point Luke is the most powerful Force user in the galaxy, so makes sense Snoke takes that opportunity.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 14 Aug - 17:25

WhatGirl wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Kind of on a similar note, I won't post the picture here in a public thread (but go ahead and check the Lego thread), there's a new image of that BB-8/Snoke's throne room playset. Rey, Finn, and Rose are all pictured fighting various FO figures. And that chair is very clearly an interrogation chair.
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm thinking Finn and Rose were taken prisoner during their mission, and Rey goes to rescue them.

Luke and Ben may have returned together to the Resistance. They did, after all, seem to disappear together in the eyes of the GFFA, with only a select few knowing Ben became Kylo Ren. It would make the most sense to me if they came back at the same time, in the same ship.
@WhatGirl

It's possible but I can't see Luke and Kylo teaming up.
In fact the only one I can see teaming up with Kylo is Rey. Rose is a 'newbie', Finn and Poe have plenty of reasons to hate him, Leia may still be upset over Han, and Luke seems to have become embittered. And Carrie said Rey is 'forgiving'..........
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Aug - 17:56

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@WhatGirl

It's possible but I can't see Luke and Kylo teaming up.
In fact the only one I can see teaming up with Kylo is Rey. Rose is a 'newbie', Finn and Poe have plenty of reasons to hate him, Leia may still be upset over Han, and Luke seems to have become embittered. And Carrie said Rey is 'forgiving'..........
@motherofpearl1

It's a disappointing scenario to have Kylo team with Luke instead of Rey, but since they are both missing from that playset scene, I'm simply assuming they are together. And I think this would happen *after* Rey has forgiven him/Ben has switched sides as it seems to be a third act situation.

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum