Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 9 Aug - 17:49

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:LMAO the best part is the article putting Kylo's fascination in the same level with "Rey's new friends".
@Piper Maru

If that doesn't scream "villainous crush" to people, I don't know what would Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai
True! I died with the word "fascinated". Wink
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 17:50

Star Wars fans have exerted immense energy over the past few years creating Snoke theories aimed at unraveling the villain’s history. Johnson says The Last Jedi will reveal more about Snoke and his goals, but his history will remain somewhat murky.

“Similar to Rey’s parentage, Snoke is here to serve a function in the story. And a story is not a Wikipedia page,
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Wed 9 Aug - 17:51

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@bossbaby wrote:
@EchoBase

Some of this article jumps out at me for being word-for-word what I want... save for one name.

"Can Rey save Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren from his own darkness?"

"As she tries to pick up her own pieces, she may find they fit together well with the remnants of Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren. Working together, they may become whole again."
@bossbaby

Ruke confirmed! Razz

Interesting, though - I'm pretty sure that with Luke there, nobody is going to complain how those ideas erase Rey's agency and diminish her hero's journey and reduce her to a prop in Luke's story. Replace Luke with Kylo, though, and those will be the exact complaints. Eh bien

(Imagine if that were Rey's hero's journey, though! Bringing a disappointed old hero back to the fight, finding belonging with him, and then becoming his padawan/sidekick/companion. Heartwarming, to be sure.)
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, I'm curious to see if anyone questions Rian further on Twitter about this quote on "the journey for Rey":

“The very first step in the writing of this was figuring out why he’s on that island,” Johnson says. “We know that he is not a coward. He’s not just hiding because he’s scared. But we also know that he must know his friends are in danger. He must know the galaxy needs him. And he’s sitting on this island in the middle of nowhere. There had to be an answer. It had to be something where Luke Skywalker believes he’s doing the right thing – and the process of figuring out what that is and unpacking it is the journey for Rey.
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 9 Aug - 17:53

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:LMAO the best part is the article putting Kylo's fascination in the same level with "Rey's new friends".
@Piper Maru

If that doesn't scream "villainous crush" to people, I don't know what would Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

The choice of words was perfect.

You don't become FASCINATED by people you don't feel anything or by "friends" and "cousins".

fas·ci·na·tion  (făs′ə-nā′shən)
n.
1. The capability of eliciting intense interest or of being very attractive.
2. The state of being intensely interested or attracted: listened in fascination.
3. An intensely interesting, attractive quality or trait.
@Piper Maru

I am dying right now Laughing That picture of sad Kylo with his beauty scar. Poor boy!

Also, I am psyched at the Rey cover:

I got the Kylo cover of VF, so now I feel like I'll have a set of Reylo mags, lol. Let's hope we see them TOGETHER on covers in 2019!
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 9 Aug - 18:02

@bossbaby wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@bossbaby wrote:
@EchoBase

Some of this article jumps out at me for being word-for-word what I want... save for one name.

"Can Rey save Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren from his own darkness?"

"As she tries to pick up her own pieces, she may find they fit together well with the remnants of Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren. Working together, they may become whole again."
@bossbaby

Ruke confirmed! Razz

Interesting, though - I'm pretty sure that with Luke there, nobody is going to complain how those ideas erase Rey's agency and diminish her hero's journey and reduce her to a prop in Luke's story. Replace Luke with Kylo, though, and those will be the exact complaints. Eh bien

(Imagine if that were Rey's hero's journey, though! Bringing a disappointed old hero back to the fight, finding belonging with him, and then becoming his padawan/sidekick/companion. Heartwarming, to be sure.)
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, I'm curious to see if anyone questions Rian further on Twitter about this quote on "the journey for Rey":

“The very first step in the writing of this was figuring out why he’s on that island,” Johnson says. “We know that he is not a coward. He’s not just hiding because he’s scared. But we also know that he must know his friends are in danger. He must know the galaxy needs him. And he’s sitting on this island in the middle of nowhere. There had to be an answer. It had to be something where Luke Skywalker believes he’s doing the right thing – and the process of figuring out what that is and unpacking it is the journey for Rey.
@bossbaby

Yikes, that sounds... well.

Well, this is a non-spoilery article, so the actual story isn't going to be revealed. But I've got to say, even the most Kylo-obsessed Kylo superfan couldn't make Reylo sound like Rey's journey revolves so completely around a man as that quote made her journey revolve around Luke. Laughing

(Naturally, elsewhere this is treated as 100% confirmation that Rey is Luke's daughter, because why this emphasis otherwise? Razz)
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 9 Aug - 18:06

Oh, damn Luke put his faith in his evil nephew, not his baby girl? scratch
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 9 Aug - 18:07

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
The Force Awakens did tell us that Han and Leia’s son, Ben Solo, turned to the dark side and murdered his fellow students at Luke’s new Jedi academy – then went on to join the First Order under the name Kylo Ren. But it didn’t explain why Luke felt it was better to isolate himself than continuing to fight his former apprentice.

Hamill hints that Luke has begun to doubt his own connection to the Force, wondering if he has been misreading it all this time.

[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character,” Hamill says. “And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late.”

I still wonder what was the trigger for Ben's darkness?
@Darth_Awakened

Maybe Ben was told Anakin died during order 66, the same story told to the rest of the galaxy...the Vader reveal must have led him to believe that he has to follow Vader's path to the letter and transcend it to achieve success where Vader failed.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 9 Aug - 18:10

The Last Jedi will bring us face-to-what's-left-of-his-face with Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis,) who stands as Kylo Ren's master and manipulator from the dark side of the Force.

Manipulator he sure is.
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 9 Aug - 18:20

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Piper Maru

@Cowgirlsamurai

You don't become FASCINATED by people you don't feel anything or by "friends" and "cousins".

n.
2. The state of being intensely interested or attracted: listened in fascination.
@Piper Maru

I looked up the Spanish equivalent for the word "Fascination" in the dictionary and it literally means: irresistible attraction. I'm laughing right now... ROFL ROFL ROFL
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 9 Aug - 18:25

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Piper Maru

@Cowgirlsamurai

n.
@Piper Maru

I looked up the Spanish equivalent for the word "Fascination" in the dictionary and it literally means: irresistible attraction. I'm laughing right now... ROFL ROFL ROFL
@Moonlight13

This reminds me of the song by The Human League:

Keep feeling fascination
Passion burning
Love so strong

Laughing
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 18:26

@panki wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
The Force Awakens did tell us that Han and Leia’s son, Ben Solo, turned to the dark side and murdered his fellow students at Luke’s new Jedi academy – then went on to join the First Order under the name Kylo Ren. But it didn’t explain why Luke felt it was better to isolate himself than continuing to fight his former apprentice.

Hamill hints that Luke has begun to doubt his own connection to the Force, wondering if he has been misreading it all this time.

[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character,” Hamill says. “And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late.”

@Darth_Awakened

Maybe Ben was told Anakin died during order 66, the same story told to the rest of the galaxy...the Vader reveal must have led him to believe that he has to follow Vader's path to the letter and transcend it to achieve success where Vader failed.
@panki

The chosen one thing really confused me earlier today. I thought we're done with that.
The idea of "to finish what you started" has definitely another possibility now. To follow Vader to the letter and somehow bring the balance.

So, if Luke believed Ben was The Chosen One he was the one who laid the burden of becoming like Anakin (Vader) on Ben's back, unintentionally of course.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 9 Aug - 18:33

@Darth Dingbat wrote:- Luke thought Ben was the Chosen One... but what was needed was in fact the Chosen Two! (my favourite Reylo option)
That´s my favorite option too! Here´s hoping something like that is  coming..

To be honest I am a bit tired to read everything about Rey/ Luke in all the magazine cover stories!  Sigh..
Once again, Kylo´s story arc details/info are nowhere to be seen. Just a few remarks and that´s it. The only good thing about that I guess, is that all the surprises and key moments in TLJ might come from him... Including Reylo! *prayer circle* Wink

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 18:39

More Roman Emperor imagery, with regards to Snoke:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-snoke-praetorian-guard/

The Praetorians get their name from our own true-life history and the elite special guard who protected ancient Roman emperors. “If we can get kids’ ears to perk up in history class a little bit when they hear that, that’d be a cool thing,” Johnson says.

And here's an interesting thing that MSW got a bit wrong, in that they'd claimed there was a giant Snoke puppet that was used for the shoot:

In the behind-the-scenes video released at Disney’s D23 Expo last month, there appeared to be a shot of Johnson looking up at a looming figure that many thought looked Snoke-like. Whether it is or not, we still don’t know. But practical effects have been a priority for the new Star Wars films, so will we see Snoke performed as a real-life puppet?

“No, it’s entirely a mo-cap performance,” Johnson says. “[Creature designer] Neal Scanlan built a maquette that we had on set for lighting reference and to give the actors a sense of what it was going to feel like. And then we scanned that and [Industrial Light & Magic] used that in their renderings, but Snoke will be an entirely CG creation.”

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 9 Aug - 18:40

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Ok, Luke didn't detect the darkness in Ben until it was too late, yet Leia sent Ben to Luke because of his darkness?  Because everything wasn't peachy with the Solo's. Yet Luke was surprised? scratch
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 18:43

@Darth Dingbat wrote:http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-porgs-caretakers/

Seems like newsfromjakku's drawing was fairly accurate as to the costume?

@Darth Dingbat

Pretty accurate, but didn't NFJ say that it was a Guardian of the Whill?  (He seems to have such an odd mix of info/images that he posts.)

ETA: I thought this was interesting:

“They’re all female, and I wanted them to feel like a remote sort of little nunnery,” Johnson says. “Neal Scanlan’s crew designed them, and costume designer Michael Kaplan made these working clothes that also reflected sort of a nun-like, spartan sort of existence.”

They can communicate with Luke through what Johnson describes as “a blubbery sort of Scottish fish talk” but they’re not thrilled to have him hanging around. Johnson says they “tolerate” his presence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 18:45

@SkyStar wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Ok, Luke didn't detect the darkness in Ben until it was too late, yet Leia sent Ben to Luke because of his darkness?  Because everything wasn't peachy with the Solo's. Yet Luke was surprised? scratch
@SkyStar

Yeah. I have noticed that contradiction as well. We'll see.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 9 Aug - 18:46

I predict lots of sh!!tstorms and hate for bringing up the prophecy stuff again. It's still a quite interesting approach though IMO (although the antis with their fervent beliefs of sicko-school-shooter-Ren might feel otherwise).
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 9 Aug - 18:47

I am loving this, not only do we get the fascination angle some people tried to deny, but we get Luke putting his hopes onto his nephew and considering it his greatest failure. Not his "disappeared daughter" some people made up.

And I really appreciate the line that says Rey's parentage is just there for the background of the character. Like I have been saying, it isn't her origins that are important. It is only important in how it affects her character.

All in all, good news.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 9 Aug - 18:47

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:More Roman Emperor imagery, with regards to Snoke:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-snoke-praetorian-guard/

The Praetorians get their name from our own true-life history and the elite special guard who protected ancient Roman emperors. “If we can get kids’ ears to perk up in history class a little bit when they hear that, that’d be a cool thing,” Johnson says.

And here's an interesting thing that MSW got a bit wrong, in that they'd claimed there was a giant Snoke puppet that was used for the shoot:

In the behind-the-scenes video released at Disney’s D23 Expo last month, there appeared to be a shot of Johnson looking up at a looming figure that many thought looked Snoke-like. Whether it is or not, we still don’t know. But practical effects have been a priority for the new Star Wars films, so will we see Snoke performed as a real-life puppet?

“No, it’s entirely a mo-cap performance,” Johnson says. “[Creature designer] Neal Scanlan built a maquette that we had on set for lighting reference and to give the actors a sense of what it was going to feel like. And then we scanned that and [Industrial Light & Magic] used that in their renderings, but Snoke will be an entirely CG creation.”
@ISeeAnIsland

I do recall Adam Driver talking about them having something on set for the actors to react to so they did have that maquette, which is rather cute. Adam said he wasn't very good with the green screen stuff as he kept looking in the wrong place so now I'm imagining them making that puppet thing just for him. Smile
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 9 Aug - 18:48

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-porgs-caretakers/

@Darth Dingbat

Pretty accurate, but didn't NFJ say that it was a Guardian of the Whill?  (He seems to have such an odd mix of info/images that he posts.)

“They’re all female, and I wanted them to feel like a remote sort of little nunnery,” Johnson says. “Neal Scanlan’s crew designed them, and costume designer Michael Kaplan made these working clothes that also reflected sort of a nun-like, spartan sort of existence.”

They can communicate with Luke through what Johnson describes as “a blubbery sort of Scottish fish talk” but they’re not thrilled to have him hanging around. Johnson says they “tolerate” his presence.
@ISeeAnIsland

The most interesting thing about the nuns: I'am dead sure now Kylo is not fighting them. His multiple opponents should be some other guys.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 9 Aug - 18:48

Yes. Thank you. Luke hurts because he lost Ben, someone he put everything into. I couldn't stand how people wanted to just ignore that and make it all about Luke's lost baby girl.

And it was so annoying how people would be like "Luke lost his students, evil Kylo killed them! He must have thought his students were like his children!"

I mean out of everyone, Ben is what mattered most to Luke, being that Ben is his sister's son.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 9 Aug - 18:51

While I am thrilled to see YET ANOTHER picture of Kylo that looks like he's been crying, there is very little emphasis on him here other than this being a Rey/Luke fest.  One person, the only legacy Skywalker child in this trilogy, is being greatly omitted/hidden once again.  Obviously we know he's important or else his face wouldn't be as bold as it is on the teaser poster, but I know the Reywalkers are going to run with this article like there's no tomorrow.

@Acritiqua I too am grateful the part of Luke losing Ben is being touched upon because if it hadn't, that wouldn't quite feel realistic.  Of course Luke is going to have it weighing on him heavily over what happened.

I will say that the ONE line they put into about Kylo revolves around his fascination with the scavenger, so there is that...  Razz

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 9 Aug - 19:00

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

The most interesting thing about the nuns: I'am dead sure now Kylo is not fighting them. His multiple opponents should be some other guys.
@Darth_Awakened

Yup. There's no way those frog nuns could be those figures in black that were approaching the crashed ship.

Who knows who actually fights the MiB at this point, though. Is it Kylo? Is it Luke?

Perhaps Kylo takes off for Ahch-To first, without Snoke's permission, and then Snoke sends a goon squad after him/Luke/Rey at some point. (Although I can't imagine why the FO wouldn't just level Ahch-To at this point, given that Snoke's main goal was keeping "Skywalker" from returning.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 9 Aug - 19:00

@IoJovi wrote:While I am thrilled to see YET ANOTHER picture of Kylo that looks like he's been crying, there is very little emphasis on him here other than this being a Rey/Luke fest.  One person, the only legacy Skywalker child in this trilogy, is being greatly omitted/hidden once again.  Obviously we know he's important or else his face wouldn't be as bold as it is on the teaser poster, but I know the Reywalkers are going to run with this article like there's no tomorrow.

@Acritiqua I too am grateful the part of Luke losing Ben is being touched upon because if it hadn't, that wouldn't quite feel realistic.  Of course Luke is going to have it weighing on him heavily over what happened.

I will say that the ONE line they put into about Kylo revolves around his fascination with the scavenger, so there is that...  Razz
@IoJovi

Luke/Rey fest is what they can play up right now. Everyone knows she went to Achy-too. Not everyone is aware that Kylo is Coming.

Besides a couple of contextless pictures it all sounds like act one stuff.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Wed 9 Aug - 19:05

@IoJovi wrote:While I am thrilled to see YET ANOTHER picture of Kylo that looks like he's been crying, there is very little emphasis on him here other than this being a Rey/Luke fest.  One person, the only legacy Skywalker child in this trilogy, is being greatly omitted/hidden once again.  Obviously we know he's important or else his face wouldn't be as bold as it is on the teaser poster, but I know the Reywalkers are going to run with this article like there's no tomorrow.

@IoJovi

I feel like they're messing with us at this point and there's only so much mystery I can take. Throwing us picture after picture of sad Kylo but still trying to drill home that he's this bad dude who did terrible things is just not meshing for me right now. I know they're trying to keep him under wraps but I'm starting to really feel the frustration of them omitting him. I feel like there were lines in that article where I could replace Luke's name with Kylo's and it would make much more sense.

“Can Rey save Luke Skywalker from his own darkness?"

"As she tries to pick up her own pieces, she may find they fit together well with the remnants of Luke Skywalker. Working together, they may become whole again."

The more they talk about Rey and Luke's the dynamic, the more it feels like they're ignoring Kylo. I think that's the problem with keeping up with spoilers. Knowing stuff they don't want us to know.
nemapasara
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum