Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 23 Aug - 0:20

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

@SanghaRen

Here you go! Not the puppy eyed Kylo anymore! But fierce and determined Kylo!
@Rei of Sunshine

Thank you for thinking of me Smile Go Kylo, show them who's this generation's SKYwalke/SoLO! I guess puppy eyes would not sell as much depending on what you are trying to sell.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1484
Likes : 7515
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 23 Aug - 7:43

@Helix

Just for you. Not a spoiler, but it's cute and I had no idea where to put it. LF is definitively banking on these little cash cows porgs. There's one that's always tripping Very Happy Could be fun to have it in TLJ. Headcanon of the tripping porg following Kylo around!

avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1484
Likes : 7515
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 23 Aug - 9:29

@SanghaRen wrote:@Helix

Just for you. Not a spoiler, but it's cute and I had no idea where to put it. LF is definitively banking on these little cash cows porgs. There's one that's always tripping Very Happy Could be fun to have it in TLJ. Headcanon of the tripping porg following Kylo around!

@SanghaRen

LOL They're adorable!
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4081
Likes : 19376
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug - 18:21

RIP Kira Sky/Solo/Whatever "Kylo and leia never met Rey but they met Kira" Theory:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/michael-k-williams-reveals-name-emilia-clarkes-character-han-solo-film/

Emilia Clarke's name in HS movie is Kira. That was the code name for Rey like Rose was for Maz. Now Rose is Rose Tico and Kira is a HS character.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 23 Aug - 18:24

@vaderito wrote:RIP Kira Sky/Solo/Whatever "Kylo and leia never met Rey but they met Kira" Theory:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/michael-k-williams-reveals-name-emilia-clarkes-character-han-solo-film/

Emilia Clarke's name in HS movie is Kira. That was the code name for Rey like Rose was for Maz. Now Rose is Rose Tico and Kira is a HS character.
@vaderito

MSW says it's Kura, not Kira.

Original link posted at Han Solo movie thread.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4081
Likes : 19376
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug - 18:25

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:RIP Kira Sky/Solo/Whatever "Kylo and leia never met Rey but they met Kira" Theory:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/michael-k-williams-reveals-name-emilia-clarkes-character-han-solo-film/

Emilia Clarke's name in HS movie is Kira. That was the code name for Rey like Rose was for Maz. Now Rose is Rose Tico and Kira is a HS character.
@vaderito

MSW says it's Kura, not Kira.

Original link posted at Han Solo movie thread.
@Darth_Awakened

damn, never gloat prematurely, ha,ha. I was relaly looking forward to death of those useless theories. Imagine how more productive discussions would be if those people just manned up and admitted that their theory is dead. Oh, well. 5 more months.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 23 Aug - 18:35

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:RIP Kira Sky/Solo/Whatever "Kylo and leia never met Rey but they met Kira" Theory:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/michael-k-williams-reveals-name-emilia-clarkes-character-han-solo-film/

Emilia Clarke's name in HS movie is Kira. That was the code name for Rey like Rose was for Maz. Now Rose is Rose Tico and Kira is a HS character.
@vaderito

MSW says it's Kura, not Kira.

Original link posted at Han Solo movie thread.
@Darth_Awakened

damn, never gloat prematurely, ha,ha. I was relaly looking forward to death of those useless theories. Imagine how more productive discussions would be if those people just manned up and admitted that their theory is dead. Oh, well. 5 more months.
@vaderito

Well, I would say it's dead anyway - surely LF are not going to name two leading ladies Kira and Kura respectively?
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4423
Likes : 29247
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 23 Aug - 18:37

Not that that the "Kylo and Leia met Kira but not Rey" theory was ever alive Laughing I just mean that I'd say the theories that Kira is Rey's real name (even the good ones) are pretty much dead now.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4423
Likes : 29247
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug - 18:40

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Not that that the "Kylo and Leia met Kira but not Rey" theory was ever alive Laughing I just mean that I'd say the theories that Kira is Rey's real name (even the good ones) are pretty much dead now.
@Darth Dingbat

Agreed with everything. But that's the thing, pretense that a wight theory is alive when it isn't is what makes this fandom so exhausting. Like, Snoke Plageuis and Soloist are debunked by officials, why are those corpses still bumping into furniture? When there's no room in hell, the dead theories will walk the Earth. - Dawn of the Dead.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 23 Aug - 18:50

Couldn't care less about Plageuis but I'm getting angry that they seem to want Kylo and Rey related - just so he can be killed off and Rey 'inherit' the title, whatever.
They forget her little foray into darkness at the end of TFA - or that Kylo is actually more sympathetic than Vader, who GL called a victim.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2216
Likes : 9129
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug - 18:54

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Couldn't care less about Plageuis but I'm getting angry that they seem to want Kylo and Rey related - just so he can be killed off and Rey 'inherit' the title, whatever.
They forget her little foray into darkness at the end of TFA - or that Kylo is actually more sympathetic than Vader, who GL called a victim.
@motherofpearl1

Which is exactly why they aren't related. There are no stakes in that scenario. The whole point is that Skywalker lineage hangs on an unreliable character. Not that there's an easy fix "Another" just around the corner. if they wanted "Another", we would know from the get-go that there were 2. None of this dumped orphan crap.

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 23 Aug - 20:05

Well, as a lot of posters say, if Luke/Han/Leia would leave their daughter on a desert world with Unkar Plutt....
Bad enough they let Kylo down, this would make them not just bad parents but horrible people. So how cant heir 'fans'justify it?
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2216
Likes : 9129
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug - 20:13

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Well, as a lot of posters say, if Luke/Han/Leia would leave their daughter on a desert world with Unkar Plutt....
Bad enough they let Kylo down, this would make them not just bad parents but horrible people. So how cant heir 'fans'justify it?
@motherofpearl1

There's no justification because theories such as this, that doesn't care how idiotic those character look, are just means to achieving something else. That's the thing with parentage theories, that most people invested in them really need them as a means for achieving some other, primary goal. Like, we Reylos need Rey that isn't related to Kylo, which makes Reylo the primary goal while Rey's parentage is secondary to it and only a means to achieve the main goal. Anti-Reylos need Rey to be related so ReySky or Rey Solo serve that primary goal. Luke fans who want Luke front and center need ReySky. Han (and Leia) fans want a good kid for Han and Leia which would guarantee that Kylo dies so rey could inherit everything, again, it's all about justice for OT characters than parentage itself, etc. of course, all sides will deny that they are stubborn about their theory (especially a dead theory) because of other, primary agenda that their theory satisfies.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Helix on Thu 24 Aug - 0:02

Pew





Space pizza

avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2493
Likes : 10416
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 24 Aug - 0:06

@Helix wrote:Pew

Space pizza

@Helix

So the shape of that ship is interesting. MSW initially described it as a "flying wing". However, in the original reddit thread for the leak, I recall Crashing Star Destroyer Guy asking his connected friend to draw a picture of the shape of Snoke's SD...and the person drew something that looked kind of like this (if I recall...need to dig up that thread). People jumped all over him because they thought that "flying wing" meant a broader base to the design, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4822
Likes : 25318
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Thu 24 Aug - 0:18

That's literally a wedge, aka simplest device known to man. Krennic really did f**kmup when he killed all the engineers. (Calling somebody a wedge is v old mechanical engineering joke)
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6126
Likes : 26709
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 24 Aug - 8:32

@Helix wrote:Pew



@Helix


Aaaaah. Space gorilla!  ***faints***

As for Space pizza - is it Snoke's megadestroyer or random FO SD?

EDIT: It seems Jason *knows* what I have in mind:



EDIT 2: While Gorilla is simply the improved AT AT, the Space Pizza seems to be more attached to the story itself:

Kevin Jenkins: All of my work was with Rian. Direct with Rian. The Dreadnought didn’t actually come to life until we got into post [production]. We had made some passes that were similar that Rian had approved that were on set, but it kind of turned into the final version that we are seeing now when we were in the post process, and we were going into full model-build stage. Basically, it evolved from story reasons because Rian needed a new battleship in the script called the Dreadnought. Essentially, it needed to be a ground-firing gun platform, and the other limitations that Rian put on me was he needed and required a flat surface with gun turrets on it.


For the admirers of the technological terrors more at: http://www.starwars.com/news/inside-two-deadly-new-first-order-vehicles-from-the-last-jedi
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4081
Likes : 19376
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 24 Aug - 10:41

@snufkin wrote:That's literally a wedge, aka simplest device known to man. Krennic really did f**kmup when he killed all the engineers. (Calling somebody a wedge is v old mechanical engineering joke)
@snufkin

Last time I saw something that shape it was on my cheeseboard.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2216
Likes : 9129
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SkyStar on Thu 24 Aug - 11:01

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Helix wrote:Pew



@Helix


Aaaaah. Space gorilla!  ***faints***

As for Space pizza - is it Snoke's megadestroyer or random FO SD?

EDIT: It seems Jason *knows* what I have in mind:



EDIT 2: While Gorilla is simply the improved AT AT, the Space Pizza seems to be more attached to the story itself:

Kevin Jenkins: All of my work was with Rian. Direct with Rian. The Dreadnought didn’t actually come to life until we got into post [production]. We had made some passes that were similar that Rian had approved that were on set, but it kind of turned into the final version that we are seeing now when we were in the post process, and we were going into full model-build stage. Basically, it evolved from story reasons because Rian needed a new battleship in the script called the Dreadnought. Essentially, it needed to be a ground-firing gun platform, and the other limitations that Rian put on me was he needed and required a flat surface with gun turrets on it.


For the admirers of the technological terrors more at: http://www.starwars.com/news/inside-two-deadly-new-first-order-vehicles-from-the-last-jedi
@Darth_Awakened

The first thought - somebody is going to fight on the top of that ship!! Is that possible?? Like in the good old on the train fights, lol Very Happy
avatar
SkyStar
Moderator

Messages : 921
Likes : 4388
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26
Localisation : Latvia

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 24 Aug - 11:05

@Helix wrote:Pew





Space pizza

@Helix

Why does it look like it has a trench right in the middle? Please don't tell me another trench run is gonna happen!
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1348
Likes : 9244
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 24
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 24 Aug - 12:08

Given the Space Pizza discovery I have a new head canon:

That's the ship that Finn & co. are going to invade. Nice flat surface to land or fight on it. Or sneaking in via the trench.
From all of bits we know so far on the Finn's task (BTS photos and other rmors) the Praetorians are nowhere to be seen or mentioned.
Only troopers & Phasma. That points to Snoke isn't near as well.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4081
Likes : 19376
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Thu 24 Aug - 13:04

Ok, so if the spoiler that SSD is crashing on a planet with Kylo, Finn and Poe aboard is true, than it's going to be Dreadnought rather than Mega. Since Dreadnought appears to have a landing platform for another SD, it's possible that Snoke comes to Dreadnought from Mega on another SD (hence why Lego sets show him on a regular SD).

This is the spoiler with a destroyer doodle that looks like Dreadnought:



https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bvdeo/tlj_details/

I put some stuff up on another thread but I thought I'd post it here.
Was in London at the weekend for some drinks with school friends, my friend Mike lives there and works grip on some tv programmes and seemed to know some details that are on the grapevine. He's always seemed genuine (was more of a friend of a friend at school) but was a bit weird when I asked if luke died.
He knows his s*** but is pretty dense on day to day stuff.
Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.
I asked if Luke died and he laughed. He's never given me any info before but I only see him normally when he comes home as he's been in London since uni. Our other friend of a friend is an architect who claimed to consult on a tall structure on TFA but turned out to be vader's castle prototype.
anyhow, he described the destroyer so I doodled it.
http://imgur.com/wYtLquz
edit: he also says Kylo kills Phasma, doesn't allude to when

Q&A

Q:I took that to mean Snoke betrays Kylo because Kylo won't kill Rey. Maybe...?
DM: yeah that's what he's referring too. Not sure how that would work but Johnson is very much a show and not tell director

DM:He alluded to Snoke betraying Kylo somehow and Rey goes off with Snoke.
My information is 3rd hand as he's got it from someone on a new job.
I pressed him for info on Snoke but said he didn't know. I presume he just doesn't know, but could mean we don't find out and we have to wait till 9. not sure.

Q:Am I reading this correctly? Smoke wants KR to kill Rey. KR can't / won't kill her so Snoke betrays KR and Rey goes off with Snoke (who was just trying to have her killed)?
DM:yeah that's what it sounds like

Q:Did your buddy tell you what planet the star destroyer crashes on?
DM:no sorry
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 24 Aug - 13:11

@vaderito wrote:Ok, so if the spoiler that SSD is crashing on a planet with Kylo, Finn and Poe aboard is true, than it's going to be Dreadnought rather than Mega. Since Dreadnought appears to have a landing platform for another SD, it's possible that Snoke comes to Dreadnought from Mega on another SD (hence why Lego sets show him on a regular SD).

This is the spoiler with a destroyer doodle that looks like Dreadnought:



https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bvdeo/tlj_details/

I put some stuff up on another thread but I thought I'd post it here.
Was in London at the weekend for some drinks with school friends, my friend Mike lives there and works grip on some tv programmes and seemed to know some details that are on the grapevine. He's always seemed genuine (was more of a friend of a friend at school) but was a bit weird when I asked if luke died.
He knows his s*** but is pretty dense on day to day stuff.
Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.
I asked if Luke died and he laughed. He's never given me any info before but I only see him normally when he comes home as he's been in London since uni. Our other friend of a friend is an architect who claimed to consult on a tall structure on TFA but turned out to be vader's castle prototype.
anyhow, he described the destroyer so I doodled it.
http://imgur.com/wYtLquz
edit: he also says Kylo kills Phasma, doesn't allude to when

Q&A

Q:I took that to mean Snoke betrays Kylo because Kylo won't kill Rey. Maybe...?
DM: yeah that's what he's referring too. Not sure how that would work but Johnson is very much a show and not tell director

DM:He alluded to Snoke betraying Kylo somehow and Rey goes off with Snoke.
My information is 3rd hand as he's got it from someone on a new job.
I pressed him for info on Snoke but said he didn't know. I presume he just doesn't know, but could mean we don't find out and we have to wait till 9. not sure.

Q:Am I reading this correctly? Smoke wants KR to kill Rey. KR can't / won't kill her so Snoke betrays KR and Rey goes off with Snoke (who was just trying to have her killed)?
DM:yeah that's what it sounds like

Q:Did your buddy tell you what planet the star destroyer crashes on?
DM:no sorry
@vaderito

I must admit that Space Pizza looks a bit like those RL military ships with platforms for planes (don't know the English word for it).
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4081
Likes : 19376
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Thu 24 Aug - 13:13

@Darth_Awakened

Aircraft carrier.

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9319
Likes : 44348
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 24 Aug - 13:14

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Ok, so if the spoiler that SSD is crashing on a planet with Kylo, Finn and Poe aboard is true, than it's going to be Dreadnought rather than Mega. Since Dreadnought appears to have a landing platform for another SD, it's possible that Snoke comes to Dreadnought from Mega on another SD (hence why Lego sets show him on a regular SD).

This is the spoiler with a destroyer doodle that looks like Dreadnought:



https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bvdeo/tlj_details/

I put some stuff up on another thread but I thought I'd post it here.
Was in London at the weekend for some drinks with school friends, my friend Mike lives there and works grip on some tv programmes and seemed to know some details that are on the grapevine. He's always seemed genuine (was more of a friend of a friend at school) but was a bit weird when I asked if luke died.
He knows his s*** but is pretty dense on day to day stuff.
Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.
I asked if Luke died and he laughed. He's never given me any info before but I only see him normally when he comes home as he's been in London since uni. Our other friend of a friend is an architect who claimed to consult on a tall structure on TFA but turned out to be vader's castle prototype.
anyhow, he described the destroyer so I doodled it.
http://imgur.com/wYtLquz
edit: he also says Kylo kills Phasma, doesn't allude to when

Q&A

Q:I took that to mean Snoke betrays Kylo because Kylo won't kill Rey. Maybe...?
DM: yeah that's what he's referring too. Not sure how that would work but Johnson is very much a show and not tell director

DM:He alluded to Snoke betraying Kylo somehow and Rey goes off with Snoke.
My information is 3rd hand as he's got it from someone on a new job.
I pressed him for info on Snoke but said he didn't know. I presume he just doesn't know, but could mean we don't find out and we have to wait till 9. not sure.

Q:Am I reading this correctly? Smoke wants KR to kill Rey. KR can't / won't kill her so Snoke betrays KR and Rey goes off with Snoke (who was just trying to have her killed)?
DM:yeah that's what it sounds like

Q:Did your buddy tell you what planet the star destroyer crashes on?
DM:no sorry
@vaderito

I must admit that Space Pizza looks a bit like those RL military ships with platforms for planes (don't know the English word for it).
@Darth_Awakened

I was just about to write that. It seems to be an aircraft carrier (American term).
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3921
Likes : 17893
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum