FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Blackcanary on 9/13/2017, 7:09 am

@vaderito wrote:@rey09 Nobody knows. It could be just a cool new alien from either Crait or Ahch-to or it could be a Force spirit. I don't follow Rebels but I see in comments that Ahsoka became a wolf/fox or something, can someone explain?

or maybe the wolf is Ghost, Rey is Jon and Kylo is Daenrys. Very Happy

Funko's are adorable! Luke and Kylo look like uncle and nephew, what's with furrow brows and flowy hair! Very Happy
@vaderito

That had been speculated but Dave Filoni clarified it wasn't the case. There ARE apparently lots of wolves in season 4 though...
avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 203
Likes : 1061
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by vaderito on 9/13/2017, 7:17 am

@Blackcanary wrote:
That had been speculated but Dave Filoni clarified it wasn't the case. There ARE apparently lots of wolves in season 4 though...
@Blackcanary

I hope Rian and JJ keep Filoni stuff far, far away from The Saga. I can't with that man's writing.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Darth Dingbat on 9/13/2017, 10:08 am

I think the Rebels wolves look completely different from that crystal fox. They might both be some mystical animals, but I don't think they're the same.

But I'd love there to be some small overlap in lore. Don't forget that a lot of stuff in TCW came straight from Lucas himself... and of course Rebels was made concurrently with TLJ, so - if they wanted to - they could easily allude to things that will come up in the films. I'd like there to be some things scattered here and there that connect the whole new canon. Films, books, comics, cartoons and all. Otherwise what's the point of bragging about a coherent canon?

As for creatures, I love Porgs and all, but I'm still slightly bitter we're not getting convorees in TLJ after all Razz
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27538
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by SanghaRen on 9/13/2017, 12:23 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I think the Rebels wolves look completely different from that crystal fox. They might both be some mystical animals, but I don't think they're the same.

But I'd love there to be some small overlap in lore. Don't forget that a lot of stuff in TCW came straight from Lucas himself... and of course Rebels was made concurrently with TLJ, so - if they wanted to - they could easily allude to things that will come up in the films. I'd like there to be some things scattered here and there that connect the whole new canon. Films, books, comics, cartoons and all. Otherwise what's the point of bragging about a coherent canon?

As for creatures, I love Porgs and all, but I'm still slightly bitter we're not getting convorees in TLJ after all Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I expect a couple of SWR call-backs in TLJ. SWR did have the crossguard lightsaber as a callback to TFA. I don't think it's going to be big things, but yeah, what is the point of building a new canon if you don't connect the different stories. If I hear the name Kanan in TLJ, I'll scream.

I was also looking forward to convorees and must say that since they did not go for them, I wonder why they went for creatures that do look a bit like them in their shape and bird features. Was Pablo snoring during the meeting to remind them about convorees? Missed opportunity imo. Porgs look cute so far so I guess it's ok, we'll forgive RJ. Pablo, I am not sure yet... Laughing

Yeah the SWR wolves are different. They are huge too. I think I read somewhere that they are from Lothal - the big white one in the trailer for season 4 is with a white Loth-cat too - and I doubt Lothal will be featured in TLJ. Wolves and cats that are receptive to the Force. I hope we get force-receptive creatures in TLJ.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 7210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by rey09 on 9/13/2017, 1:46 pm

@vaderito wrote:
or maybe the wolf is Ghost, Rey is Jon and Kylo is Daenrys. Very Happy
 @vaderito  lol!
avatar
rey09
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 728
Likes : 3559
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by spacebaby45678 on 9/13/2017, 2:37 pm

Wrong thread. So sorry Embarassed Embarassed
avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2554
Likes : 5870
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by EchoBase on 9/14/2017, 3:39 am




avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2509
Likes : 10196
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Man Without A Star on 9/14/2017, 3:48 am

The Praetorian guard designs are truly amazing!
avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 94
Likes : 552
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-08
Age : 23
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by vaderito on 9/14/2017, 7:16 am

EDIT: nevermind


Last edited by vaderito on 9/14/2017, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by nemapasara on 9/14/2017, 7:25 am

@vaderito that doesn't look like the tie silencer, the cockpit is too round.

avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 436
Likes : 3000
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Man Without A Star on 9/14/2017, 7:28 am

That's an OT Tie Interceptor.
avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 94
Likes : 552
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-08
Age : 23
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by vaderito on 9/14/2017, 7:39 am

You are right. I just woke up, can't pay attention to details. Very Happy
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Darth Dingbat on 9/14/2017, 8:11 am

Am I the only one who's already tired of the Praetorians?
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27538
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Blackcanary on 9/14/2017, 8:32 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Am I the only one who's already tired of the Praetorians?
@Darth Dingbat

Definitely not. I want more Knights of Ren, dammit, not these shiny red toilet brush holders.
avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 203
Likes : 1061
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Darth Dingbat on 9/14/2017, 8:40 am

@Blackcanary wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Am I the only one who's already tired of the Praetorians?
@Darth Dingbat

Definitely not. I want more Knights of Ren, dammit, not these shiny red toilet brush holders.
@Blackcanary

Now I'll never be able to unsee that... Laughing
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27538
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by IoJovi on 9/14/2017, 9:18 am

Count me in as disappointment in the lack of KoR.  My take on it is that they were something that existing in the past, but are either dead, disbanded or no longer around.  I realize that there's only so much screen time available with all the new characters, and I'd much prefer Rey and Kylo fill that up over the KoR.  

I'm guessing (and this is just that - a guess) that the Praetorians evolved from them.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6210
Likes : 34809
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by SoloSideCousin on 9/14/2017, 10:48 am

@IoJovi wrote:Count me in as disappointment in the lack of KoR.  My take on it is that they were something that existing in the past, but are either dead, disbanded or no longer around.  I realize that there's only so much screen time available with all the new characters, and I'd much prefer Rey and Kylo fill that up over the KoR.  

I'm guessing (and this is just that - a guess) that the Praetorians evolved from them.
@IoJovi

JJ liked the KoR. Remember he said he wanted a KoR movie. Maybe the KoR will return in IX as Kylo's "Seven Samurai type" buddies who will join the fight for him. Very Happy You never know, lol.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3710
Likes : 16681
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by snufkin on 9/14/2017, 10:52 am

One of the main reasons why I got REALLY excited after finally seeing TFA and then binging on all the press coverage was Kasdan in the WGA talk/podcast talking about Kurosawa and the KoR. So if the third film has to come down to JJ, goddammit I expect to get my KoR finally! LOL at the Praetorians look like toilet bowl cleaners because I did just see a pile of their Funkos (and dumb question, but WTF are Funkos and what's the big deal? I live in a world where nobody I know cares about them) in the pharmacy next to the cleaning products section.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on 9/14/2017, 10:58 am

@snufkin wrote:One of the main reasons why I got REALLY excited after finally seeing TFA and then binging on all the press coverage was Kasdan in the WGA talk/podcast talking about Kurosawa and the KoR. So if the third film has to come down to JJ, goddammit I expect to get my KoR finally! LOL at the Praetorians look like toilet bowl cleaners because I did just see a pile of their Funkos (and dumb question, but WTF are Funkos and what's the big deal? I live in a world where nobody I know cares about them) in the pharmacy next to the cleaning products section.
@snufkin

Funkos are bobbleheads. I have a TLJ Kylo on my desk at work Laughing Some people collect them and have a whole shelf. You can get all different shows' characters (Harry Potter, Stranger Things, Marvel Heroes, etc.) There are a ton at my local Barnes and Noble, who strangely has a large toy section now. The Praetorians are the least interesting Funko IMO. Who was it that said their helmets look like humidifiers? Razz

I was really looking forward to more on the KOR too Sad
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1034
Likes : 4695
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by snufkin on 9/14/2017, 11:11 am

@Cowgirlsamurai - I think they look like humidifiers! I'm familiar with bobbleheads from basketball and baseball, so guess these are nerd bobbleheads?

Yeah bring back the KoR, because right now it sounds like something dumb Snoke made up to make Ben feel like he's important when it's more like King of the Dips**ts. Like not nearly as impressive a title if it's for an imaginary group.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5928
Likes : 25653
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on 9/14/2017, 11:19 am

@snufkin wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai - I think they look like humidifiers! I'm familiar with bobbleheads from basketball and baseball, so guess these are nerd bobbleheads?

Yeah bring back the KoR, because right now it sounds like something dumb Snoke made up to make Ben feel like he's important when it's more like King of the Dips**ts. Like not nearly as impressive a title if it's for an imaginary group.
@snufkin

The KOR are more unique, no? Rian keeps going on about how this is not like Empire Strikes Back, but then ditches the KOR for red guards like the Emperors? I don't get it Nope I wanted to see Kylo's posse!
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1034
Likes : 4695
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by IoJovi on 9/14/2017, 11:21 am

My TFA Funkos sitting on my desk at work:

Every time someone hits their shin on the corner of my desk, their heads bobble...
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6210
Likes : 34809
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on 9/14/2017, 11:28 am

@Iojovi

I was torn on which Rey to get, so my Kylo's lonely for now. I like TFA Rey better than the new one, but the inconsistency might bother me Laughing

avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1034
Likes : 4695
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by adamdrivershair on 9/14/2017, 11:42 am

I have a Kylo in my office too! There really isn't a good spot for him though. I saw someone else had a little wall ledge for their bobbleheads; I might have to do that. And find him some friends Smile
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 143
Likes : 769
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: FORCE FRIDAY September 01-03

Post by vaderito on 9/14/2017, 11:44 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Iojovi

I was torn on which Rey to get, so my Kylo's lonely for now. I like TFA Rey better than the new one, but the inconsistency might bother me Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

get new Rey for new Kylo. I have TFA set and TLJ set. I prefer Rey's 3 buns to her mullet but I do like consistency so...
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8694
Likes : 41216
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum