Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 28 Aug - 14:07

@motherofpearl1 wrote:The idea of Rey willingly going with Snoke sounds odd to me.
@motherofpearl1

I could see her doing it to save Kylo. If, say, Kylo refuses to kill her, and then Snoke turns on Kylo with force lightning or what-have-you, and she volunteering to spare him.

In truth, I'm not a fan of any idea that has Snoke still with us in Episode IX. The villain of IX needs to be one of Luke, Rey or Kylo, IMO. Snoke is just not a very charismatic villain.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 28 Aug - 14:20

@BenOrgana wrote:It's more likely Oscar saw Mark in action because Luke arrives at the last minute, saving everyone on Crait by heroically cutting down Walkers or something.
@BenOrgana

Thank you for the reminder of why Rey cannot be Luke's daughter.

Rey Skywalker would indeed be simply a sidekick, a supporting character, overshadowed by her heroic father who saves the day.

Again, thanks. Love
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 28 Aug - 14:24

BTW: why is Luke absent from all of these third-act spoilers? Where is he? If Luke goes for Snoke, why is it Rey sticking the finger into him? Very weird.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Mon 28 Aug - 14:40

I'm sure that Rey's attitude to Kylo will change somehow in TLJ, but I don't know if she'll become so invested in his fate that she will actively try to save him, physically or spiritually. What would motivate her? Love would of course, but then I'm back to the dilemma of, would they have Rey fall in love with Kylo before he's fully redeemed. If it's not about falling in love, then what? Would simply feeling sorry be enough?
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 28 Aug - 15:22

@Kylo Men wrote:BTW: why is Luke absent from all of these third-act spoilers? Where is he? If Luke goes for Snoke, why is it Rey sticking the finger into him? Very weird.
@Kylo Men

Because 3rd-Act-Luke is kept under wraps as securely as entire-movie-Kylo. We're definitely missing one or two key puzzle pieces which are either unknown or haven't been released as spoilers yet.

And I don't think we'll see any falling in love in VIII (hence Johnson's "it won't be like Han and Leia", misinterpreted as "there won't be romance at all" by a poorly skilled journalist). At most they'll find some common ground, anything that makes their actions understandable/relatable for each other (and the audience as observers). If reylo happens, it won't be rushed.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 28 Aug - 15:38

Rey leaving with Snoke makes perfect sense in the light of return to Jakku news. If Return to jakku ties in with Aftermath. Snoke would be interested in what's in there.

However, if they are using Jakku as a joke for Beautiful Friendship to play on, yuck.

OK, so this old reddit leak is full of BS but it claimed that Rey returned to Jakku at the end of VIII so I'm giving it a faint consideration in the light of this new rumor about IX:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4l4zkn/believe_me_or_dont_i_read_the_script_ill_tell_you/

Firstly, let's just say that Johnson isn't as super uppity about security as JJ was, and that is all I will say about that matter.
This movie is gonna be f****ing dark guys. I can't wait for the soundtrack but when I finished I had to ask if this was a kids movie, just to be sure.
Holy hell it's dark. It makes Empire look like Jedi.
Luke is a f****ing bad*** just as we all knew he would be, but there's gonna be a moment you ask yourself the same thing I did: at what cost?
The script is filled to the brim with tension. Tension that affects the way our characters behave and interact with each other from the word go.
The tension mounts and becomes full fledged fractures by the final third of the script. Death, destruction, betrayal, all run rampant as we speed towards a climax that will leave people talking for years.
Questions will be answered. Questions like "Why was Snoke so cool with losing Starkiller?"
The answer is that he's got another weapon, perhaps the most dangerous weapon ever utilized in Star Wars. Certainly the most devastating. I can feel you all roll your eyes. Relax, it's not another Death Star.
My comment: Dreadnought?
The events of the movie and the tension it brings which erupt in into fractures leave us with what I truly believe will be the heaviest, darkest, most beautiful ending to date in the Star Wars saga.
So this is what you all came for, is it not?
With no one left to turn to, nowhere to feel safe, and no one left to trust, Rey returns to Jakku, to her old AT-AT shelter. The final shot of the movie is Rey making another mark on her tally wall. My Comment: hard to believe this after Crait where she's with Beautiful Friendship. So either total bogus or something happens between Crait and the very end that makes her flip everyone.
Believe me, or don't, that's totally your choice.
See you guys in a year.

from comments section - some crap (dern's name is Mon Destra, lol) but also some good guesses or real intel hard to tell:

Q:I'd been assuming something develops between Finn and Tran's character - not the case?

SwVIII
That's more like a she likes him he's not into her kind of thing. One of the few comic relief plot points in the script.

My comment: the story does seem to start that way but maybe he just guessed it cause KMT isn't a cheerleader type.

SWVII:Snoke is biding his time waiting to unleash his ultimate weapon. You'll see him in person.

My comment: Dreadnought seems like a new weapon type of a deal and we will see Snoke in person. Again could be lucky guesses, could be real intel.

Q:Okay, OP, i'll play ball. Let's go with one of the big questions: who are Rey's parents?

SwVIII
I can't answer that question. I will tell you this: Luke Skywalker is not one of them.

Something starts budding between Rey and Kylo. It's subtle, but it's there and there are moments the script calls for the actors to hint at it.

So he's saying he's seen the script or knows someone who has. hard to believe. Like I said, his answers were mixed bag of corroborated stuff and utter BS. Deliberate or not?

[/quote]
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 28 Aug - 16:05

@Saracene wrote:I'm sure that Rey's attitude to Kylo will change somehow in TLJ, but I don't know if she'll become so invested in his fate that she will actively try to save him, physically or spiritually. What would motivate her? Love would of course, but then I'm back to the dilemma of, would they have Rey fall in love with Kylo before he's fully redeemed. If it's not about falling in love, then what? Would simply feeling sorry be enough?
@Saracene

I'm pretty convinced that Rey and Kylo are mirrors to one another. She will need to learn not only about Kylo's backstory, but her own. He did not 'rise' from the dark side, but perhaps she did, and maybe her family was sympathetic to the FO/Empire. They possibly aided Snoke in some way.

Rey could find out that she was originally meant to be in Kylo's position. Maybe she is the dark side chosen one that was prophesied, and she would've been in his place if her parents hadn't abandoned her. She'd want to save him from a fate that was meant to be hers, I imagine.

Above all, she is the heroine and this fact alone sets her apart from others who would probably not forgive or want to help a perceived "monster". We've seen from the "Forces of Destiny" shorts that she will help a literal monster, if she can understand/relate to its motivations.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 28 Aug - 16:37

Talking about Rey/Kylo/Luke on Ach-to, we don't know how time plays out in this movie. Time may work very differently on Ach-to. Also, there could be a time jump we don't know about. Relationships could be built during the time in the movie easily. As long as they kind of show that time has moved, then any relationship is possible.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 28 Aug - 16:41

Once again I see the BatB parallels concerning Rey/Kylo. First hate,then pity, finally love. In BatB Belle chose to stay with the Beast partly out of pity, partly because she owed him her life. I see something similar occurring with Rey. I'm convinced he's going to save her at some point which may leave her feeling she owes him, especially if her opinion of him changes once she learns his back story.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Aug - 19:12

I am really curious about Luke's role in the supposed third act. There doesn't seem to be any 'leaks' about it except he goes after Snoke. Or that he has turned into Evil Luke and Snoke works for him, which has been pretty much debunked. They are really keeping a tight lid on the Rey/Luke/Kylo story. I am hoping that it will be amazing when we finally see the movie.

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 28 Aug - 19:17

@Birdwoman wrote:I am really curious about Luke's role in the supposed third act. There doesn't seem to be any 'leaks' about it except he goes after Snoke. Or that he has turned into Evil Luke and Snoke works for him, which has been pretty much debunked. They are really keeping a tight lid on the Rey/Luke/Kylo story. I am hoping that it will be amazing when we finally see the movie.
@Birdwoman

I find it interesting that he doesn't go after Kylo. So did he change his mind about who's the most to blame and should die or? Rey goes for Kylo but we don't know if it's on Luke's order and whether Luke really expected her to kill Kylo. Sounds like all 4 - Luke, Snoke, Rey, Kylo - and likely Praetorians are the heart of the finale.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Aug - 19:24

I was thinking yesterday, if Rey goes off with Snoke voluntarily instead of being captured....could it be that Snoke starts to manipulate Rey mentally like he did with Kylo? Being in her head even on ACH-To? Just some thoughts before I have to run....

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 28 Aug - 19:29

@Birdwoman wrote:I was thinking yesterday, if Rey goes off with Snoke voluntarily instead of being captured....could it be that Snoke starts to manipulate Rey mentally like he did with Kylo?  Being in her head even on ACH-To?  Just some thoughts before I have to run....
@Birdwoman

I was thinking something similar if Snoke possesses hypnotic powers. He may play on her vulnerabilities just like he did with Kylo - which is being so lonely.

SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Aug - 19:30

@SkyStar wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:I was thinking yesterday, if Rey goes off with Snoke voluntarily instead of being captured....could it be that Snoke starts to manipulate Rey mentally like he did with Kylo?  Being in her head even on ACH-To?  Just some thoughts before I have to run....
@Birdwoman

I was thinking something similar if Snoke possesses hypnotic powers. He may play on her vulnerabilities just like he did with Kylo - which is being so lonely.
@SkyStar

I'll admit that the thought crossed my head as well, especially when I saw that creepy illustration of Rey and Snoke.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 28 Aug - 20:59

@SkyStar wrote:
@Birdwoman

@SkyStar

If Snoke is an Angel (thus possessing hypnotic powers) then he most certainly could influence Rey to an extent. He's using Kylo for his powers, the Force, but seems to have a powerful manipulative ability which might be innate for his particular species.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 28 Aug - 21:39

I hope Rey and Kylo have a friendly fight like this:

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 28 Aug - 23:36

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 28 Aug - 23:43

We already knew that he was some kind of hacker and presumably will help dj escape from the prison. MSW said it
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 28 Aug - 23:55

@Maria Antonietta wrote:We already knew that he was some kind of hacker and presumably will help dj escape from the prison. MSW said it
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, that's why I think he/she is a bit of a quack. The second one is just fanart I presume, but I'm sure some will take it to mean that the green saber makes an appearance?
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 28 Aug - 23:57

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:We already knew that he was some kind of hacker and presumably will help dj escape from the prison. MSW said it
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, that's why I think he/she is a bit of a quack. The second one is just fanart I presume, but I'm sure some will take it to mean that the green saber makes an appearance?
@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't know about Luke's saber. Yeah, I don't trust the guy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Tue 29 Aug - 3:20

New lines from Snoke via Reddit Leaks: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6wn6gi/snoke_dialogue_from_bb8_playset/

Most interesting to me is "Your emotions have made you weak." Gotta be saying that to Kylo.
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 29 Aug - 3:23

@adamdrivershair wrote:New lines from Snoke via Reddit Leaks: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6wn6gi/snoke_dialogue_from_bb8_playset/

Most interesting to me is "Your emotions have made you weak." Gotta be saying that to Kylo.
@adamdrivershair

There are a few interesting ones in there. Here's the whole list:

"There's been an awakening."

"We will crush them once and for all."

"The resistance will soon be in our grasp."

Woosh sounds, Could be Force related??

"For you, all is lost."

"Your emotions have made you weak."

(Next to the throne platform with FL) "I have been expecting you."

"Your emotions have made you weak"--yeah that has to be to Kylo.

I wonder what the context is for "For you, all is lost."
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 29 Aug - 7:40

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@adamdrivershair wrote:New lines from Snoke via Reddit Leaks: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6wn6gi/snoke_dialogue_from_bb8_playset/

@adamdrivershair

"For you, all is lost."

@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder whom he has been expecting.  The most obvious answer would be Kylo at the beginning of the film, but I thought Rey made more sense, given the drama in that statement.  Or even Luke?

The "all is lost" could be said to Rey, Kylo, Luke, even Leia.
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 29 Aug - 9:51

@Lily Snape wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@adamdrivershair

"For you, all is lost."

@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder whom he has been expecting.  The most obvious answer would be Kylo at the beginning of the film, but I thought Rey made more sense, given the drama in that statement.  Or even Luke?

The "all is lost" could be said to Rey, Kylo, Luke, even Leia.
@Lily Snape

I agree about the emotions line - it has to be Kylo.

For you. All is lost. - it's definitely somebody among those 4. Maybe I wouldn't put my money on Leia - given Carrie's words to KK about hoping her role in IX would significant - I think her arc in TLJ would be strictly tied to Resistance fighting and strategy alongside Holdo and Poe.

EDIT: (Next to the throne platform with FL)

What's FL?
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 29 Aug - 11:40

FL = Force Link, presumably
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down