Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:FL = Force Link, presumably
@Darth Dingbat

Thank you. My brain doesn't work today.
@Darth_Awakened

I thought it stood for Florida.

Don't worry - you're not the only one!  Laughing
@IoJovi

Suddenly, I have an image of Snoke walking at the Florida beaches in his golden robe and drinking cocktails!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SkyStar on Tue 29 Aug - 13:24

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@IoJovi

Suddenly, I have an image of Snoke walking at the Florida beaches in his golden robe and drinking cocktails!
@Darth_Awakened

LOL Just tonight I had a dream with Kylo giving a long monologue at a beach dressed in his TFA outfit. It was supposed to be TLJ. Very Happy
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 29 Aug - 13:30

People are arguing with NFJ in the comment section on their latest "spoiler." Laughing They say you can see Luke's foot in the shot of Rey's hand with the levitating pebbles and that it's his Force power, not hers. Commenters are arguing that it's Rey's own foot and that NFJ last posted that shot saying it was the nuns, not Luke. Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 29 Aug - 13:36

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:People are arguing with NFJ in the comment section on their latest "spoiler." Laughing They say you can see Luke's foot in the shot of Rey's hand with the levitating pebbles and that it's his Force power, not hers. Commenters are arguing that it's Rey's own foot and that NFJ last posted that shot saying it was the nuns, not Luke. Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai

Don't the nuns have chicken feet? I'm dubious about NFJ.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 29 Aug - 13:51

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:People are arguing with NFJ in the comment section on their latest "spoiler." Laughing They say you can see Luke's foot in the shot of Rey's hand with the levitating pebbles and that it's his Force power, not hers. Commenters are arguing that it's Rey's own foot and that NFJ last posted that shot saying it was the nuns, not Luke. Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai

Don't the nuns have chicken feet? I'm dubious about NFJ.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Rey's foot, Luke's foot, does it make much difference to the story? It's definitely not a chicken foot, LOL.  Razz I don't know why they'd post something that contradicts what they just posted the other day, but they're saying, "Rey trains with the nuns, but this shot is Luke showing Rey his Force power."
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by soulluos on Tue 29 Aug - 13:54

Last time it was the nuns because Luke doesn't want to train Rey, this time it's Luke showing Rey his Force Power, in the end, it's just Rey's Force Power in the film.

soulluos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 29 Aug - 14:18

@Cowgirlsamurai

Link? I want to see the discussion but can't find it on reddit.

So, Indominus-Rekt, a guy who posted that Luke's evil, is claiming that his source told him the trailer will arrive with broncos vs Cargers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6wob2u/a_little_birdie_contacted_me_today_he_said_you/

here's the link to his Evil Luke spoiler:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6lkgrm/i_tried_on_leaks_sub_they_deleted_me_tonight_i/

he also posted early spoilers for RO cause he saw it on an advance screening.

We'll see if his trailer scoop is right.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 29 Aug - 14:20

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@IoJovi

@Darth_Awakened

you know, it works Laughing
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 29 Aug - 14:22

Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 29 Aug - 14:43

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

Thank you! So Rey is training with nuns but is training with Luke but is training with nuns. LOL, make up your minds NFJ. It seems to me that their "plot" based spoilers are them studying images from all angles and then building up a story around what they think they saw.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 29 Aug - 14:46

vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

Link? I want to see the discussion but can't find it on reddit.

So, Indominus-Rekt, a guy who posted that Luke's evil, is claiming that his source told him the trailer will arrive with broncos vs Cargers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6wob2u/a_little_birdie_contacted_me_today_he_said_you/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6lkgrm/i_tried_on_leaks_sub_they_deleted_me_tonight_i/

@vaderito

When is this broncosaurus burger day? Some in that thread say 9/11, but the OP said "next Monday night" so I wonder.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 29 Aug - 14:50

What's all this 'training with the nuns?'

Are they Force sensitives - because please don't make them female equivalents of Yoda because that would be ESB 2. Mad Rolling Eyes

motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 29 Aug - 14:57

motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 29 Aug - 14:59

motherofpearl1 wrote:What's all this 'training with the nuns?'

Are they Force sensitives - because please don't make them female equivalents of Yoda because that would be ESB 2. Mad Rolling Eyes

@motherofpearl1

I'd rather the nuns were female Yodas than Maz, tbh. Maz could be a fun character as a pirate queen, but I just can't stand the combination of holier-than-thou wise woman and tough old bird who has led a life of crime for thousands of years.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 29 Aug - 15:12

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@motherofpearl1

I'd rather the nuns were female Yodas than Maz, tbh. Maz could be a fun character as a pirate queen, but I just can't stand the combination of holier-than-thou wise woman and tough old bird who has led a life of crime for thousands of years.
@Darth Dingbat

from Breznican interview with Rian that he recapped for Steele Wars Podcast:

Took him a while to warm up to Caretakers, reminded him of the Dark Crystal (duh, references to that movie were obvious in TFA). Rian explained they origin - are amphibian creatures rising up from the ocean drawn to primeval Jedi temple and over time they evolve and take on human characteristics. They are all females, they are nuns, monastic order, cloistered community of religious people, they are indigenous only to that planet, there are no others in the galaxy. They take care of religious structures. Brez is wondering if caretakers live off eating Porgs cause Skelling Michael monks lived off eating puffins.

Drawn to the primeval Jedi temple and caring for religious structures doesn't scream FS to me.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 29 Aug - 15:13

Darth Dingbat wrote:

Are they Force sensitives - because please don't make them female equivalents of Yoda because that would be ESB 2. Mad  Rolling Eyes

@motherofpearl1

@Darth Dingbat

Yes!!!  More of this, please.  I loved the chapter in Life Debt that focused on Maz the pirate and what she did to keep the peace in her tavern between her patrons who were usually on opposite sides of any given conflict.  I want more of that, and less of wise old owl who knows everything about you even though you just met....  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Tue 29 Aug - 15:33

In TFA without any training, Rey managed to turn the mindprobe back onto Kylo, perform a mind trick on a guard, pull a lightsaber out of the snow, and defeat Kylo in a duel. I have zero problems believing she can levitate pebbles.

I'm guessing that the nuns are committed to routine duties on Ahch-To such as looking after the library and Force tree, mundane things that needed to be done long before Luke came to the island. I doubt they will be training anyone.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 29 Aug - 15:47

WhatGirl wrote:In TFA without any training, Rey managed to turn the mindprobe back onto Kylo, perform a mind trick on a guard, pull a lightsaber out of the snow, and defeat Kylo in a duel. I have zero problems believing she can levitate pebbles.

I'm guessing that the nuns are committed to routine duties on Ahch-To such as looking after the library and Force tree, mundane things that needed to be done long before Luke came to the island. I doubt they will be training anyone.
@WhatGirl

This.

I have problem with Rey getting trained at all cause she obviously didn't need training. So having her trained is just following the expected beaten path. yes, there will be some surprises along the way but it's still the beaten path regardless.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 29 Aug - 15:53

vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:In TFA without any training, Rey managed to turn the mindprobe back onto Kylo, perform a mind trick on a guard, pull a lightsaber out of the snow, and defeat Kylo in a duel. I have zero problems believing she can levitate pebbles.

@WhatGirl

This.

I have problem with Rey getting trained at all cause she obviously didn't need training. So having her trained is just following the expected beaten path. yes, there will be some surprises along the way but it's still the beaten path regardless.
@vaderito

I think her "training" will be more focused on understanding what is happening to her and why. (i.e. understanding the powers she already has - but it didn't seem to me she didn't understand any of it)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 29 Aug - 16:02

Darth_Awakened wrote:

I think her "training" will be more focused on understanding what is happening to her and why. (i.e. understanding the powers she already has - but it didn't seem to me she didn't understand any of it)
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, the "we gotta give Luke something to do even though it doesn't make much sense." Just like Leia and the Resistance, Han being a smuggler again. It's accommodation and fan service rather than storytelling.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 29 Aug - 20:27

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, the "we gotta give Luke something to do even though it doesn't make much sense." Just like Leia and the Resistance, Han being a smuggler again. It's accommodation and fan service rather than storytelling.

@vaderito

They could pull an Aang with her and have her still be all reluctant to even train (like she tried to run away from it all when Maz told her to take Anakin's lightsaber). But most likely we'll probably get grumpy get-off-my-island-Luke, judging by the pissed off expression Rey had in one of the photos they showed of her during the celebration.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 30 Aug - 0:11

[quote="vaderito"]
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Wish he'd give us a little more. I'm gonna guess he's right about the trailer.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 30 Aug - 11:39

vaderito wrote:

@WhatGirl

This.

@vaderito

Ditto.
The last thing I want to see is Rey undergoing training like Luke did in ESB. She's a completely diffeent character to Luke- he wanted to be a Jedi more than anything. What Rey wants is belonging and a family. She ran away from the sabre, where Luke accepted it with eagerness. Yes, he was initially reluctant to go with Obi Wan but only because he felt guilty at abandoning his uncle. Im pretty sure when Rey discovers more about the strict code of the Jedi, especially the 'forbidding attachments' part, it wont appeal to her.
At the moment Rey's motivation is to bring Luke back and avenge Han....but things change.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum