Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 27 Aug - 21:18

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but um...  new post from News From Jakku. So apparently, at some point, Rey sticks her hand on Snoke and sticks her pinkie finger into his robes??? (At least according to their source?)

@ISeeAnIsland

My first reaction to this was to laugh out loud. lol!

I don't know what the context is here or what it could mean, but for some reason it's hilarious.

Lord help me...

It's probably the drawing with the pink background.
@IoJovi

I can't unsee Rey unsticking her finger apparently into Snoke, myself. Like, is he gelatinous or something?

In any case, Rey reaching up and touching Snoke seems really odd, given that we've got no context around this illustration.
@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder if once she withdraws her finger, she takes a little bit of a sample with her tongue...

Delicious...

Great. Now I'm having visions of Sney. Why do I do this to myself?

@IoJovi

THIS IS CREEPY AF
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 27 Aug - 21:44

What i NFJ's claim to credibility?

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Aug - 22:24

Kylo Men wrote:What i NFJ's claim to credibility?
@Kylo Men

Toy leaks. And some other merch. All spoiler sites are peddling strictly merch-based spoilers, but no story-based ones. Now NFJ is trying to convince us that they have story-based ones. We'll see. Caretakers teaching Rey is new never-heard-before info, I'll give them that. So lets see if they are proven right.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 27 Aug - 22:26; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Aug - 22:26

Kylo Men wrote:What i NFJ's claim to credibility?
@Kylo Men

I'm sceptical about their credibility, tbh. They have delivered some genuine spoilers but I don't think it's been stuff that hasn't already been reported by more reputable spoiler sites, or that couldn't have been derived from similar spoiler sources i.e people in book publishing or the toy industry. Their recent supposed spoiler about casting for the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie seems highly suspicious when there isn't even a confirmed script or director. On the other hand, this Snoke and Rey "spoiler" is so bizarre, there might be something to it. I'm wondering where such a detail might have come from as their past stuff that checked out seemed to come mainly from book/toy sources.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Aug - 22:31

@Mrs Ben Solo Bizarre in a good way. I always pay attention to leaks that a) don't pander to fans/sound like every theory ever and b) are creative enough not to be typical fandom expectation but not enough to be crackpot. That drawing mostly implies a scene between Snoke and Rey and Rey trying to hold onto his collar? Pleading with him? Giving his heart a Force defibrillation? It definitely isn't your typical Rey Confronts Snoke-with-the-Lightsaber fan-tasizing.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 27 Aug - 22:33

Okay, I now have an image in my head I can't forget. Shocked affraid pale
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Aug - 22:47

@vaderito I do agree there could be something to it. I also believe it's highly likely Rey will come face to face with Snoke at some point. The 2 pack figure set of Rey plus a Pretorian Guard pretty much confirms it, I would say. I know some of those toy sets are fantasy scenarios, but coupled with the DR BTS training, there's a good chance of it happening. The only thing that's made me back off from these kind of scenarios is the similarity to the final act of ESB with Vader attempting to lure Luke into a trap. But maybe it's the other way around here, and Rey seeks Snoke out and agrees to go off with him for reason(s) as yet unknown. There are so many possibilities when we don't really know much about who Rey is.

As Rian said we will be finding out about Rey's family, I've been wondering how she'll get that information. It could come through a force back vision, I suppose. I did also wonder if Maz Kanata's cameo might have something to do with her telling Rey about her family. However, Maz is supposedly going to tell the Resistance about DJ (as per MSW) and Rey will presumably still be on Ahch-To at that point. There is always a chance Luke might know of Rey's true origins and what happened to her parents. That old pre-TFA Luke spoiler spoke of him having knowledge of past and future events like a Space Three-Eyed Raven! But it would make sense for Rey's development as the main protagonist to have something that ties her in with the big bad i.e Snoke. Whether he's the one who tells her who she is or he is somehow responsible for her being abandoned on Jakku, I still think she needs to be more invested in this fight than she is at present. With Luke in the OT, we could see his motivations for becoming a Jedi right through to confronting Vader. We need to see Rey as being more than a pawn in someone else's game.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Ren on Sun 27 Aug - 23:05

It seems that they deleted the Snoke & Rey picture for some reason. When asked about it, the newsfromjakku just said the picture went "to the dark side". I don't know whether it was taken down by Disney, but it seems a bit suspect.
Marie Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 27 Aug - 23:11

Marie Ren wrote:It seems that they deleted the Snoke & Rey picture for some reason. When asked about it, the newsfromjakku just said the picture went "to the dark side". I don't know whether it was taken down by Disney, but it seems a bit suspect.
@Marie Ren

It definitely ups the validity of it, in my book.  If it was real, I'm grateful we have this forum so we can see this stuff come out in real time, and we can documents it as it happens.  It'll definitely be fun to trace back our steps and see what was legit and what wasn't after December...

I'm with @vaderito - barring crack spoilers like Finn's mechanical pelvis, the ones that appear to be more unique in nature as opposed to things you'd expect are the ones to watch out for.  Especially when they don't appear to be copying anyone else, or building upon what someone else like MSW has already said.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Aug - 23:32

IoJovi wrote:

I'm with @vaderito - barring crack spoilers like Finn's mechanical pelvis, the ones that appear to be more unique in nature as opposed to things you'd expect are the ones to watch out for.  Especially when they don't appear to be copying anyone else, or building upon what someone else like MSW has already said.
@IoJovi

This. BothanSpy was like that which made me trust him right away. This is also why I'm not letting go of Crashing SSD spoiler unless confronted with evidence that debunks it.

@Mrs Ben Solo Yeah, Rey is gonna fight Praetorians and it gotta be in the finale cause what else can she do there? Cutting gorilla walkers with her saber doesn't cut it(pun intended). It has a natural build-up to it. Also, it wouldn't be like ESB if Rey goes with Snoke willingly and not because she's trying to save her friends. That would be shocking. Giving herself in would be a cop out, IMO.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by soulluos on Mon 28 Aug - 0:14

Rey still has her stuff when confronting Snoke, suspicisous.

soulluos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Aug - 0:23

soulluos wrote:Rey still has her stuff when confronting Snoke, suspicisous.
@soulluos

Is she rumored to lose her staff at some point? Or is it just speculation that she won't have it once she undergoes the "Jedi training" costume change?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 28 Aug - 0:43

I'll say this: if the rumor about Rey leaving with Snoke willingly turns out to be true, they better give her a pretty good reason, because I will roll my eyes out of my sockets if it's because of promises Snoke makes about her family. Rey is clearly not dumb and doesn't trust easily, so I highly doubt she'd trust a crusty old dude in a golden bathrobe who would come and promise her her greatest desire after effing up her potential love interest's family. Plus... I sure hope Rey gets other motivations than finding her family, because TLJ better not be yet another movie where she gets thrown around more or less against her will and her saving grace is her kicking some *ss from time to time.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 28 Aug - 1:17

If Snoke could offer up some solid proof that he can give Rey what she seeks, I could see her faltering. Especially if her relationship with and trust in Luke is severely damaged in some way.

Personally, I see no other promise Snoke could make that would lure her and seem narratively satisfying. They've sort of harped on her missing her family. I guess it could be a "come with me or Finn dies" sort of thing.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 28 Aug - 1:30

@ZioRen I think one thing that could work is Snoke deciding to keep both Rey and Kylo in check by keeping them close to him. I don't buy Snoke rejecting Kylo for Rey at this point and he's more of a keep-your-enemies-close kind of guy imo. If Rey and Kylo are close romantically or platonically, he'd definitely toy with that.

But it could definitely be interesting if Rey and Kylo surrendered (after fighting the Pretorian Guards) in order to take the FO from the inside...

Idk, other than that, the only thing with the Rey-goes-with-Snoke ending is that it's shock value... and that isn't good. And also the laziest way to get dark!Rey in IX... (and why am I not thrilled about that with Trevorrow around...)
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 28 Aug - 1:37

A return to Jakku in Episode IX? https://makingstarwars.net/2017/08/extra-force-awakens-says-star-wars-episode-ix-will-return-jakku/

It is something we have speculated here and it could be a real possibility.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Aug - 1:59

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:A return to Jakku in Episode IX? https://makingstarwars.net/2017/08/extra-force-awakens-says-star-wars-episode-ix-will-return-jakku/

It is something we have speculated here and it could be a real possibility.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Insert obligatory "Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?" reference.

But yes, it makes a ton of sense with all of the foreshadowing in Empire's End and the Jakku-related coincidences in TFA, it seemed like there was a lot left unresolved in terms of Jakku.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 28 Aug - 2:08

It seems they'd be returning to Jakku given the history hinted at in the books and having someody like Simon Pegg, who's above and beyond normal fan levels of obsession having written his Master's Thesis about the OT, play Unkar Plutt and being a key figure in Rey's Force vision of her abandonment. Although hopefully they'd do something interesting with it instead of just leaning on the obvious yuks about how Finn hates Jakku.

That Rey and Snoke (crayon?) drawing is definitely weird. My initial conclusion after seeing TFA for the first time was the whatever the bigger picture is for the FO and how Snoke has positioned himself as both the figure who controls that organizations/agenda, as well as Ben, was that it likely has some connection to the event which tore apart Rey's family. Which could be a number of scenarios, former Imperials, a faction w/in the FO who were taken out, relic hunters or Darksiders who ran afoul of whatever the FO was doing in the shadows, et cetera. Besides the new history about Jakku's role in the end days of the Imperial/OT era, they sure keep hinting at these different groups/denominations related to the Force and whatever's important about the First Jedi Temple. I'd also thought that she had the vision of Ache-to because it was a place connected to her family, not just a prophecy/vision sent to her by the Force. Whatever's going to happen with Snoke, we already know that they're not going to expend too much screentime or exposition about his full origins/story, just his role in the FO and what happened to Ben. We also know that the whole "Bring her to meee" line is foreshadowing. Though likely by the time that happens, things will be different between the two of them. And based on the merchandise and BTS clips, it's also a good guess that they'll be taking on his guards. So the meeting will be happening. In terms of why she'd surrender herself or go willingly, that might be part of what the cast members have said is so shocking, changes things around, and wasn't there a DR quote that she couldn't get an answer out of RJ about what happens to Rey after the ending of the movie? Like she didn't know herself.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Ren on Mon 28 Aug - 4:25

People on Reddit are trying to ask Bothan-spy to come back and leak more info. It seems he/she's still active on Reddit so the hopes are high. I'm not sure if they will succeed but I'm excited because Bothan-spy is 99% legit and we need more story leaks!
Marie Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 28 Aug - 4:51

I hope he does. Though, the people on reddit were pretty horrible to him when he leaked stuff.

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Aug - 5:04

Minor new spoiler from reddit. Sounds like it's a legit source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6wgsqs/phasma_will_not_show_her_face_in_the_last_jedi/

An artist involved in marketing and merchandise of The Last Jedi (who wants to remain anonymous to protect his job and identity) contacted the mods recently about a directive that was sent out to a group of artists to guide them through the process of creating original images for the film. This individual made it clear that they are not provided any story details or reference material that isn't available to the public, but one specific order in a recent communication stood out.

"...you cannot show Phasma unmasked. Captain Phasma's mask stays on during the film so do not send in artwork of Gwendoline Christie's face."

Some of you may remember headlines saying that Phasma's face may not look like it does in the Vanity Fair photoshoot. That information traces back to a panel that Pablo Hidalgo did at a Chilean convention. Many people took it to mean that we will see Phasma's face, but it won't look like Christie does in the photo. Pablo's actual comments are actually a little more ambiguous.

"For those of you wondering, I see this as a behind the scenes photo of Gwendoline Christie and not necessarily what Phasma looks like without her helmet. But, I will say that she is a human female."

All we really learned is that she is in fact a human woman and her face isn't exactly the face from the photo. We have some added physical descriptions of her from the upcoming Phasma novel as pointed out in a recent post, but according to this new source, our assumptions that Phasma's face will be seen in The Last Jedi is wrong.

As a side note, the source also mentioned that, along with the Phasma directive, they were instructed to "only use official reference material" and that "there is a LOT of material coming 9/1 to use." Keep in mind that this person is not provided any reference material that isn't available to the general public.

Now, September 1st is obviously Force Friday which will provide it's own wealth of reference material, but based on the emphasis on the amount of material coming, the artist speculates that there may be something coming that we may not expecting. This part could turn out to be nothing that we didn't already know, but it's worth keeping our eyes and ears open regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 28 Aug - 6:18

So the one about Snoke's "people" being the one who attacked Luke's charter school Bible camp Jedi equivalent to Outward Bound which Ben got packed off to, @panki had mentioned awhile back one of the old concept art images for TFA was of somebody who's obviously a Jedi trainee being tortured by the FO as food for thought about the abduction/brainwashing scenario. If they've said all of the other students/followers are dead, that really just leaves Ben, doesn't it?

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana on Mon 28 Aug - 9:21

Irina de France wrote:I'll say this: if the rumor about Rey leaving with Snoke willingly turns out to be true, they better give her a pretty good reason, because I will roll my eyes out of my sockets if it's because of promises Snoke makes about her family. Rey is clearly not dumb and doesn't trust easily, so I highly doubt she'd trust a crusty old dude in a golden bathrobe who would come and promise her her greatest desire after effing up her potential love interest's family. Plus... I sure hope Rey gets other motivations than finding her family, because TLJ better not be yet another movie where she gets thrown around more or less against her will and her saving grace is her kicking some *ss from time to time.
@Irina de France

And let's not forget that Daisy said the parents revelation actually doesn't change anything for Rey - it doesn't affect "who she is, or who she wants to be." The "Rey leaves with Snoke" ending is Reddit nonsense.

The whole "crashing SD" rumour relied on all the characters being on that SD at the very end of the movie. But now we know that, at the very least, Finn, Rey and Leia are on the surface of Crait at some point during or after that battle.

It's more likely Oscar saw Mark in action because Luke arrives at the last minute, saving everyone on Crait by heroically cutting down Walkers or something.

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 28 Aug - 12:00

The idea of Rey willingly going with Snoke sounds odd to me.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 28 Aug - 12:04

Irina de France wrote:
Idk, other than that, the only thing with the Rey-goes-with-Snoke ending is that it's shock value... and that isn't good. And also the laziest way to get dark!Rey in IX... (and why am I not thrilled about that with Trevorrow around...)

Yep. And it would mean going backward in the story rather than forward. I'm not a fan of any idea that turns Episode IX into a search for Rey's parents/origin. Which makes the news about going back to Jakku potentially disturbing.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum