Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Sep - 12:26

@SkyStar wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Now if my husband had murdered his father in front of me... THAT might've been a roadblock on the path to dating, but let's focus on that age difference instead Rolling Eyes

@Cowgirlsamurai

...to his defense - Kylo didn't know Rey was watching him.  affraid

seriously - from all the obstacles the age difference should be the last thing they concern themselves with...
@Night Huntress

Then this must've been his, "Oh sh**, she wasn't supposed to see that," moment:

@Cowgirlsamurai

That made me think that if they would have wanted to portray Kylo as this crazy murdering psycho villain that some antis say he is, they would have made Kylo notice Rey before killing Han.
@SkyStar

I never looked at it from this perspective! Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Sep - 12:47

@Kylo Rey wrote:
This is SO true. I remember when I first watched TFA in the cinema, I thought he must have been in his early 20s. Him and Rey looked quite similar in age. Then afterwards I found out Adam Driver was 32 and I was shocked. I asked my siblings afterwards how old they thought Kylo was, and they also thought he was like nineteen to mid-twenties. Adam looks a lot younger in this movie than his other ones, it's all in the makeup and lack of facial hair.
@Kylo Rey

Yes, I agree- Adam doesn't look like himself in TFA... it's mostly because he's clean shaven and his styled hair.
I'm a make-up artist myself and he isn't wearing that much make-up if you asking me- at least not more than it's common for male actors.

a few weeks ago I watched an interview with Adam were he is clean shaven...I thought it was old because he looked like in his mid twenties.. but no, it was from 2016...  Laughing I think that's why he keeps his facial hair... to look more mature Chut
Night Huntress
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Sep - 13:23

@Man Without A Star wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Now if my husband had murdered his father in front of me... THAT might've been a roadblock on the path to dating, but let's focus on that age difference instead Rolling Eyes

@Cowgirlsamurai

seriously - from all the obstacles the age difference should be the last thing they concern themselves with...
@Night Huntress

@Cowgirlsamurai

That made me think that if they would have wanted to portray Kylo as this crazy murdering psycho villain that some antis say he is, they would have made Kylo notice Rey before killing Han.
@SkyStar

I never looked at it from this perspective! Very Happy
@Man Without A Star

Hmmm but I thought he looked up at them before he killed Han

-Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REYLO
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 12 Sep - 13:25

@SkyStar wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SkyStar

Exactly! I love his expression when he looks up and sees them standing there. His mouth even falls open.

When you realize that bae just saw you stab your dad... affraid
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Sep - 13:33

Kylo wasn't aware that he and Han had the audience. He realized there was someone when Chewie roared and fired the crossbow.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Sep - 14:26

@SheLitAFire wrote:

@SheLitAFire

no, he didn't. I watched this scene a dozen times... the first time he looked up is when Chewie roared.
I think he was lost in thought and didn't realized what was going on around him- that's why Chewie landed that shot in the first place.
The bridge was farer away from Rey/Finn as it seems. That's why a wondered at first if Rey even heard the conversation and know Kylo is Han's Son.

Last edited by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Sep - 14:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word)
Night Huntress
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 12 Sep - 14:39

@Night Huntress wrote:why people make such a big deal about the age difference I will never understand.  Rolling Eyes

My dad is 17 years older than my mom- it never mattered. They are married for over 36 years now.

My dad never looked or "acted" his age and people haven't looked at them as a couple and said "oh, look at that old man with that young woman..."

If both are adults and in love, who cares???

My husband is 6 years older and sometimes I think he is 4 and not 40 Laughing
@Night Huntress

Same here! My dad is 18 years older than my mom and they've been together for around 30 years. The age difference has never been an issue, my dad looks younger than his age (and I could say even his health is better than my mom's).
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 14:46

@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Also, I think the big similarities about Kylo and Rey is they  are kids who had to grow up so quickly that they actually didn't grow up at all.
@motherofpearl1

True, I struggle with it myself, I would be happy if it's going to be explored a bit.
@SkyStar

Sky, although I myself have a wonderful mum, and had a great dad, I really hope they explore what an abusive childhood can do to a person. It doesn't have to be sexual, it can be physical or psychological. If any child or adolescent can see themselves in Kylo it might help them get help. Yes, I know he's a wildly fictional character but his mental and psychological scars are only too real.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 14:52

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
This is SO true. I remember when I first watched TFA in the cinema, I thought he must have been in his early 20s. Him and Rey looked quite similar in age. Then afterwards I found out Adam Driver was 32 and I was shocked. I asked my siblings afterwards how old they thought Kylo was, and they also thought he was like nineteen to mid-twenties. Adam looks a lot younger in this movie than his other ones, it's all in the makeup and lack of facial hair.
@Kylo Rey

Yes, I agree- Adam doesn't look like himself in TFA... it's mostly because he's clean shaven and his styled hair.
I'm a make-up artist myself and he isn't wearing that much make-up if you asking me- at least not more than it's common for male actors.

a few weeks ago I watched an interview with Adam were he is clean shaven...I thought it was old because he looked like in his mid twenties.. but no, it was from 2016...  Laughing I think that's why he keeps his facial hair... to look more mature Chut
@Night Huntress

Yes, I''m absolutely sure that 's the reason - check out these pictures, both taken around a similar time period I think.
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/511017888959490923/
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/330662797621297175/
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 12 Sep - 14:53

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Also, I think the big similarities about Kylo and Rey is they  are kids who had to grow up so quickly that they actually didn't grow up at all.
@motherofpearl1

True, I struggle with it myself, I would be happy if it's going to be explored a bit.
@SkyStar

Sky, although I myself have a wonderful mum, and had a great dad, I really hope they explore what an abusive childhood can do to a person. It doesn't have to be sexual, it can be physical or psychological. If any child or adolescent can see themselves in Kylo it might help them get help. Yes, I know he's a wildly fictional character but his mental and psychological scars are only too real.
@motherofpearl1

Yup. Although I didn't have an abusive childhood, but I did grow up fast after losing my father to a heart disease at a young age because I shut down my feelings of being left and focused on being cheerful for my mom. I guess in that I have more similarities with Rey if she uses her optimism to get through the day but at one point it just gets too much. Especially if you can't run from it anymore.

SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:10

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Night Huntress

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SkyStar

Exactly! I love his expression when he looks up and sees them standing there. His mouth even falls open.

When you realize that bae just saw you stab your dad... affraid
@Cowgirlsamurai

Yes, also note that the expression of rage doesn't appear until he sees Finn.
I think.....that Kylo's anger at Finn is for three reasons:
He brought his father there - forcing him to kill him
He 'betrayed his trust' - Kylo spared his life and he ran out on him
He is about to steal his girl! Very Happy
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:11

@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@SkyStar

@motherofpearl1

Yup. Although I didn't have an abusive childhood, but I did grow up fast after losing my father to a heart disease at a young age because I shut down my feelings of being left and focused on being cheerful for my mom. I guess in that I have more similarities with Rey if she uses her optimism to get through the day but at one point it just gets too much. Especially if you can't run from it anymore.
@SkyStar

The problem with having to stay strong is sometimes you'd give anything to be weak.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:25

@cnunn wrote:omg what is this image from?

It's from a children's book with some stickers if I remember correctly, someone long ago even posted a few pages of it on tumblr.
It even has Kylo standing over Finn's body in the snow with a smile on his face. What a prick. Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Sep - 15:34

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@SkyStar

@motherofpearl1

As someone who went through emotional abuse during childhood, it would really resonate with me, seeing a story about a character who went through hell, made a series of awful decisions, but in the end, saved himself and emerged stronger.
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:34

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:why people make such a big deal about the age difference I will never understand.  Rolling Eyes

My dad is 17 years older than my mom- it never mattered. They are married for over 36 years now.

My dad never looked or "acted" his age and people haven't looked at them as a couple and said "oh, look at that old man with that young woman..."

If both are adults and in love, who cares???

My husband is 6 years older and sometimes I think he is 4 and not 40 Laughing
@Night Huntress

I agree with this completely....as long as neither is underage, it shouldn't matter one bit.

My parents have an almost 12 year age gap between them....they first met when my Mum was 19 (though they got married years later) and they are still very much in love in addition to being the best of friends... like you said, I have never seen anyone give them weird looks or say anything untoward based on their age difference. A good relationship isn't about age....its about chemistry, common interests and general compatibility.
@panki

My husband and I are like your parents. Smile  We met when I was 19 and he was ::gasp:: 32, and started dating a year later. No one has ever noticed and those who know have never cared, so the hand wringing over Kylo and Rey's age difference doesn't make sense to me.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Me neither. As long as one of the couple is of legal age it shouldn't matter.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Sep - 15:36

It doesn't matter. The pearl clutching over age differences in couples strikes me as some serious infantilizing, especially since it's almost always, predictably, directed at the female half of the equation.

Though for those who use it as a knock on Rey and Kylo, I doubt they actually believe it. They just use any excuse to call the pairing problematic, even when it's set up next to Han and Leia, who have the same age difference. And even though I've seen some people who whine about that also say they're fine with Rey/Poe, which has a bigger age difference. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 12 Sep - 15:38; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:37

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@SkyStar

@motherofpearl1

As someone who went through emotional abuse during childhood, it would really resonate with me, seeing a story about a character who went through hell, made a series of awful decisions, but in the end, saved himself and emerged stronger.
@Man Without A Star

Years ago in the UK there was a campaign against all forms of child abuse. I'll never forget one billboard which read:

"sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will hurt me forever."
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Sep - 15:43

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@SkyStar

@motherofpearl1

@Man Without A Star

Years ago in the UK there was a campaign against all forms of child abuse. I'll never forget one billboard which read:

"sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will hurt me forever."
@motherofpearl1

Truth has been spoken. Words can hurt more than fists ever could...
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:51

Bad as a beating is, you forget the pain.
But the pain of insults ans ridicule never goes away.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:52

@ZioRen wrote:It doesn't matter. The pearl clutching over age differences in couples strikes me as some serious infantilizing, especially since it's almost always, predictably, directed at the female half of the equation.

Though for those who use it as a knock on Rey and Kylo, I doubt they actually believe it. They just use any excuse to call the pairing problematic, even when it's set up next to Han and Leia, who have the same age difference. And even though I've seen some people who whine about that also say they're fine with Rey/Poe, which has a bigger age difference. Rolling Eyes
@ZioRen

Lets face it guys, people just want to hate Kylo.
And how many bets it's because in some cases they see themselves in him.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Sep - 15:55

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:It doesn't matter. The pearl clutching over age differences in couples strikes me as some serious infantilizing, especially since it's almost always, predictably, directed at the female half of the equation.

@ZioRen

Lets face it guys, people just want to hate Kylo.
And how many bets it's because in some cases they see themselves in him.
@motherofpearl1

People hate seeing the bad in them. When in fact, it can be really cathartic. Just look at greek tragedies, Sophocles and such Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Sep - 16:03

@Night Huntress wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

@SheLitAFire

no, he didn't. I watched this scene a dozen times... the first time he looked up is when Chewie roared.
I think he was lost in thought and didn't realized what was going on around him- that's why Chewie landed that shot in the first place.
The bridge was farer away from Rey/Finn as it seems. That's why a wondered at first if Rey even heard the conversation and know Kylo is Han's Son.
@Night Huntress

ok, yeah, I just went back and watched it, you're right.

-Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REYLO
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Tue 12 Sep - 21:18

On the emergency podcast discussing the J.J. Abrams news, Peter Sciretta has some interesting things to say about stuff he has heard from people who have seen The Last Jedi:
PS: Almost everybody I've talked to has really enjoyed it. Lucasfilm is supposedly over the moon with it. The singular thing that I hear from everybody is that it's different. And it's going to probably not sit well with some Star Wars fans. It's going to be divisive.

HTB: I think that's exciting.

PS: Yeah, that is exciting. One person I know that has seen the movie messaged me after this news came out saying that he's happy that J.J. Abrams is coming on because he, you know, didn't like some of the choices that Rian Johnson went with. So take that for what it's worth.
I find all of this stuff very intriguing and exciting. I can't wait to see what Rian has done.

http://www.slashfilm.com/emergency-podcast-jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-9/ (start at 9.20)
nonesuch
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 12 Sep - 21:29

I have a feeling from the promos that hard core traditional fans might not like what Rian has done....

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Sep - 21:33

@nonesuch wrote:On the emergency podcast discussing the J.J. Abrams news, Peter Sciretta has some interesting things to say about stuff he has heard from people who have seen The Last Jedi:
PS: Almost everybody I've talked to has really enjoyed it. Lucasfilm is supposedly over the moon with it. The singular thing that I hear from everybody is that it's different. And it's going to probably not sit well with some Star Wars fans. It's going to be divisive.

HTB: I think that's exciting.

PS: Yeah, that is exciting. One person I know that has seen the movie messaged me after this news came out saying that he's happy that J.J. Abrams is coming on because he, you know, didn't like some of the choices that Rian Johnson went with. So take that for what it's worth.
I find all of this stuff very intriguing and exciting. I can't wait to see what Rian has done.

http://www.slashfilm.com/emergency-podcast-jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-9/ (start at 9.20)
@nonesuch

I find this very interesting. Also I do wonder if the person expressing the dislike on Rian's choices is speaking from the artistic/storytelling point of view or is it just another fan bias in a vein of: I'am not happy the way Poe is portrayed and I don't like what Rian made him do.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum