Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 19 Sep - 23:15

@DarthRen wrote:You know. Porgs look so sweet and innocent - taste even better.

@DarthRen

Perhaps the droid couple will go porg hunting while Reylo and Luke figure each other out. Confus
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Wed 20 Sep - 0:33

Porgs eat metal right? More like the Porgs will eat the droids. Laughing
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 20 Sep - 9:59

For those who was afarid of Kylo not being important in TLJ: the debunk from his co-worker General Hux himself:

[url=http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-general-hux-domhnall-gleeson-first-order/ ]http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-general-hux-domhnall-gleeson-first-order/ [/url]

Domhnall Gleeson: “I don’t think there was much out about [me] for the first one either. I’m not one of the bigger characters – Adam, Oscar, Daisy and John are up front and then it’s a big line of people ahead of me on the call sheet, so I certainly don’t take it personally. I think they know how to market Star Wars, so I’ll leave them to it.”
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 20 Sep - 10:47

I think it's reasonable to expect that Kylo might not have as much screentime as the rest of the main characters, simply because he's on the opposite side and likely to stay there for the majority of the film. It doesn't mean that he's less important, but he simply will have less opportunity to interact with the good guys, who are most likely to interact primarily with the other good guys. We'll probably get scenes of Kylo with Snoke and Hux, and some scenes where he's alone, but there's only so much time they can spend on those. On the plus side, there's no single Kylo scene in TFA that's filler or unmemorable.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 20 Sep - 14:57

I agree with @Saracene here. Even if Kylo has a similar screentime like TFA, if his scenes are memorable as they were in TFA, I'd be a happy camper. It's not quantity but quality. The fact that FO is supposed to be in the background and Ressistance rightfully so more in the spotlight makes it all the more likely. Switching it from TFA.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Wed 20 Sep - 15:05

I have a feeling with the way that Rian talks about the character and they way they have been promoted him, he will be front and center to the story line as much as Rey. If they are in a sense co protagonists, they will probably go back and forth.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Wed 20 Sep - 16:54

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I have a feeling with the way that Rian talks about the character and they way they have been promoted him, he will be front and center to the story line as much as Rey.  If they are in a sense co protagonists, they will probably go back and forth.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Episode 9 will be where we see his and Rey's relationship come together. We're suppose to be seeing this film from her perspective anyways. The directors love Kylo's character so I imagine we'll be seeing lots of goodness then.
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 20 Sep - 17:10

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I have a feeling with the way that Rian talks about the character and they way they have been promoted him, he will be front and center to the story line as much as Rey.  If they are in a sense co protagonists, they will probably go back and forth.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Episode 9 will be where we see his and Rey's relationship come together. We're suppose to be seeing this film from her perspective anyways. The directors love Kylo's character so I imagine we'll be seeing lots of goodness then.
@nite0wl29

Interesting. TFA was largely about Kylo learning about Rey, pursuing her and trying to know her more. Now, Rey will spend quality time to learn about him, his past and what happened. If that spoiler about her trying to find him as opposed to him trying to find her. Truly Episode IX could bring this together.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Wed 20 Sep - 17:19

@DarthRen wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3

@nite0wl29

Interesting. TFA was largely about Kylo learning about Rey, pursuing her and trying to know her more. Now, Rey will spend quality time to learn about him, his past and what happened. If that spoiler about her trying to find him as opposed to him trying to find her. Truly Episode IX could bring this together.
@DarthRen

Exactly! So far we've only been given a glimpse of their relationship. We basically know he's redeemed in episode 8. There will be more for us to see since the directors have said that they will have a very interesting relationship moving forward. I'm very excited to see how 9 will pull it all together.
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 20 Sep - 17:23

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3

@nite0wl29

@DarthRen

Exactly! So far we've only been given a glimpse of their relationship. We basically know he's redeemed in episode 8. There will be more for us to see since the directors have said that they will have a very interesting relationship moving forward. I'm very excited to see how 9 will pull it all together.
@nite0wl29

I'm glad it doesn't seem like they're waiting until the last movie/last moment to redeem him. We don't need that kind of angst in our lives! And I agree, then there's many more openings and possibilities to work on his & Rey's character arcs & relationship in 9.

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Wed 20 Sep - 17:51

Lol right?! At least that's how I'm taking it for Episode 8. Based off of what Rian has hinted, "we've gotten a glimpse of scratches in Kylo's armor in TFA, now we will be ripping them open." Meaning something will happen to emotionally break him and set him off to turn against TFO. I just get this feeling that Rey will work with him and somehow their Force abilities/bond will be used to empower each other. I believe we'll get the full story of that bond in 9.
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 21 Sep - 3:10

Ok guys, putting this one in spoilers:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Supreme-Leader-Snoke-with-Palpatine-Hologram/464642770

So what do you think? Is the hologram Palpatine? Discuss.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Sep - 3:15

@Xylo Ren wrote:Ok guys, putting this one in spoilers:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Supreme-Leader-Snoke-with-Palpatine-Hologram/464642770

@Xylo Ren

Pablo answered a tweet about this and said he thought it was Kylo. When challenged about Kylo's lack of hood/cowl in TLJ, he made a joke about Kylo having a nose and fingers (which the LEGO figures don't have). It seems more like it's a generic LEGO piece and not a spoiler for another villain in the movie, but who knows! I think the Twitter thread on it has been posted on the LEGO pictures/spoilers thread.

ETA here it is https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/908076667435749376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 21 Sep - 3:23

@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe Pablo was dodging the question by saying he assumed it was Kylo... until he found out something different, but he left that part out to throw people off? Am I reaching?
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Sep - 3:33

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe Pablo was dodging the question by saying he assumed it was Kylo... until he found out something different, but he left that part out to throw people off? Am I reaching?
@Cowgirlsamurai

I guess it's possible, it's just that Kylo is the most obvious candidate. It is a LEGO set after all and who knows how accurate these things are or whether there will even be a scene like that in TLJ. For what it's worth, Pablo did answer another inquiry about it with an amusing, if no more enlightening, response https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/910400548502990848

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 21 Sep - 3:37

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Ok guys, putting this one in spoilers:

@Xylo Ren

Pablo answered a tweet about this and said he thought it was Kylo. When challenged about Kylo's lack of hood/cowl in TLJ, he made a joke about Kylo having a nose and fingers (which the LEGO figures don't have). It seems more like it's a generic LEGO piece and not a spoiler for another villain in the movie, but who knows! I think the Twitter thread on it has been posted on the LEGO pictures/spoilers thread.

ETA here it is https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/908076667435749376
@Mrs Ben Solo

That's interesting.  Maybe it's Luke. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Thu 21 Sep - 3:45

It also had a feeling that he was dodging the question. He could have just said "It's not Palpatine" or "It's Kylo". Saying he "assumed" it was Kylo isn't really confirming or denying anything, because his assumption could have been wrong. It could be anyone, lots of characters wear hoods in Star Wars, especially Jedi and Sith. Maybe it's Luke, he is wearing a hood in TLJ Very Happy
Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Sep - 3:58

@Forsythia wrote:It also had a feeling that he was dodging the question. He could have just said "It's not Palpatine" or "It's Kylo". Saying he "assumed" it was Kylo isn't really confirming or denying anything, because his assumption could have been wrong. It could be anyone, lots of characters wear hoods in Star Wars, especially Jedi and Sith. Maybe it's Luke, he is wearing a hood in TLJ Very Happy
@Forsythia

I agree. Saying he "assumed" it was Kylo is way of distancing himself from and not really answering the question.

I think it's possible that it's Luke. There has been enough messaging that something is up with Luke to make this not impossible.

I also think it could be Palpatine.  The Emperor is a big deal in the new canon. There was an attempt to raise Palpatine from the dead in Empire's End. Ian McDiarmuid is an fit as fiddle and was around a lot at SWC.  Rey being related to him is not off the table. (That actually could be a reason why she leaves with Snoke).

Also, what if "I'll finish what you started" is about taking out Palpatine? If Rey's related to him and Kylo is after him, there will be all kinds of angst.

Finally, sometimes there are things that slip through the cracks marketingwise. This isn't EBay. This is Wal-Mart.

I mean it definitely could be an error, but it's possible that it isn't.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Sep - 4:12

It's a Generic Lego Hologram. Not a spoiler. It could stand in for virtually anyone. So the same one was Palaptaine's and now it's Kylo's.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 21 Sep - 9:32

Well, mistakes happen - I think it was Kohl's that called Kylo Darth Revan in a lot of TFA merchandise...

On the other hand, there's nothing in that hologram fig that particularly screams "Palpatine!" at first sight, so I'm not sure how that mistake would be made.

It may be Kylo. It may be somebody else. It might also be a holo recording of Palpatine, though. No way to tell.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Sep - 16:36

People want it to be Palpatine cause they can't get enough of same old and then they whine about how derivative these movies are. Rolling Eyes
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 21 Sep - 17:16

Its Kylo wearing Rey's poncho with the hood up...he's contacting Snoke to tell him that he's staying on Ahch-to with Rey and he'll let him know later where he can send their wedding present. Razz

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Thu 21 Sep - 17:21

Halo everyone!
maybe it's bit of off-topic but I mast say:
I was reading last few pages and I'm soo agree with you about force's meaning and it's being one thing, not good/evil, like nature, and about liking complex characters, storylines, because it's more realistic. this is main reason why I like prequels and TFA much more than OT.

I'm so Raylo fan but it's not only about their chemistry and Adam's good acting, it's because this pairing and Kylo's character is complex, multilayered and deep, REAL...
and I like this fandome and you guys, this forum and all this community because I can see that you all think alike, see these things, like complexity and depth of the story, characters and relationships. you aren't like old school fans, just obsessed wilt OT and white/black things, you aren't seeing only surface Smile
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Sep - 17:25

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:Halo everyone!
maybe it's bit of off-topic but I mast say:
I was reading last few pages and I'm soo agree with you about force's meaning and it's being one thing, not good/evil, like nature, and about liking complex characters, storylines, because it's more realistic. this is main reason why I like prequels and TFA much more than OT.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I'm so Raylo fan but it's not only about their chemistry and Adam's good acting, it's because this pairing and Kylo's character is complex, multilayered and deep, REAL...
and I like this fandome and you guys, this forum and all this community because I can see that you all think alike, see these things, like complexity and depth of the story, characters and relationships. you aren't like old school fans, just obsessed wilt OT and white/black things Smile
@Anakin Skywalker

cheers cheers cheers cheers

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 21 Sep - 18:47

Some spoilers (or debunk of it) by Supreme Leader Snoke aka Andy Serkis.
https://www.list.co.uk/article/95810-andy-serkis-remembers-incredible-carrie-fisher/

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the world premiere of 'Goodbye Christopher Robin' at London's Leicester Square on Wednesday night (20.09.17), Serkis said: "I had no scenes with Carrie but I did get to know her a little bit. She was an incredible human being with a wonderful personality and she's sadly, sadly missed and everyone who came into contact with her was really touched by her great energy and great sense of humour. She is a wonderful person and I did have a great time working with the cast and Adam Driver and Domhnall Gleeson, we've had some really great times on it."

Interesting wording: working with the cast and AD and DG.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum