J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 13 Sep - 15:24

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I also love how many shots of him carrying her we get. Like it shows him pick her up and then you get to see it when Han does, then when Finn does. It's cuts back to him carrying her like three times. Thank you JJ!  I love you
@Cowgirlsamurai

I always try to imagine Kylo's face during those scenes H-beating

am I the only one thinking it's odd Han don't seem to be bordered by the fact Kylo has Rey? Haan
Either he is so agitated seeing his son after such a long time- or he knows he wouldn't really harm her? Confus
@Night Huntress

I think Han's either trying to conceal how he feels about it, or he's just overwhelmed at the sight of his fallen son. But, people like to bring up how Rey cares for Han like a father figure, but what about Han's feelings for Rey? Her offers her a job, but rescuing her doesn't seem to be a priority for him. He and Leia are focused on destroying Starkiller and bringing Ben home, and if they save Rey then that's great too.
I know the Japanese version's not "canon" but when we were watching it, my husband pointed out that Han just refers to Rey as "that girl," throughout. Seems very impersonal.
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1031
Likes : 4684
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 13 Sep - 15:35

maybe after the disaster with his own son he was reluctant to care for someone... at least after such a short time.


avatar
Night Huntress
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 286
Likes : 1261
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 13 Sep - 15:46

@vaderito wrote:Actual Slash Film quote:

I don't think that TLJ is going to lead the franchise in a position in which it would make sense to essentially remake ROTJ. from everything we've heard, it seems like TLJ is going to be a pretty divisive film and leave people wondering about the future of the franchise. I don't that that that movie is going to be a rehash of ESB and I certainly don't think that Abrams' Episode IX is going to be a rehash of ROTJ.

Everyone I have talked to that have seen TLJ says, almost everybody I have talked to really enjoyed it, LF is supposedly over the moon with it,. But almost a singular thing that I'm hearing from everybody is that it's different. And it's going to probably not sit well with some SW fans, it's going to be divisive.

That's exciting!

Yeah, it is exciting. But one person that has seen the movie messaged me after this news came up saying that he's happy that JJ is coming on coz he didn't like some choices that Rian Johnson went with. So take that for what it's worth.
@vaderito

A bit off-topic, but how the heck have people already seen the film? I've heard from a friend that a film reviewer he met has seen it - I was incredibly skeptical. But who are these people? They must be with LucasFilm somehow, right? If so, then why are they talking to Slashfilm? TPTB are so concerned about spoilers they're not even revealing the novelization until March, for crying out loud.
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 143
Likes : 769
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Wed 13 Sep - 16:13

@adamdrivershair wrote:

A bit off-topic, but how the heck have people already seen the film? I've heard from a friend that a film reviewer he met has seen it - I was incredibly skeptical. But who are these people? They must be with LucasFilm somehow, right? If so, then why are they talking to Slashfilm? TPTB are so concerned about spoilers they're not even revealing the novelization until March, for crying out loud.
@adamdrivershair

that's a good question.

It is possible tho that there has been a stakeholders' viewing of the movie at this time. Reportedly, the movie is done and is ready to be shown. It is also possible that the cast has seen it already in their own private screenings. And maybe along with them are some people who've worked on TLJ.

I would say tho that talking to media outlets and giving teaser tidbits is a part of the marketing strategy to really lure in curious audiences.

Maybe these people who had the privilege of an early screening also had to sign NDAs and their families are being held hostage in Cinderella's castle.
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1134
Likes : 8047
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 24
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by vaderito on Wed 13 Sep - 16:22

@adamdrivershair wrote:

A bit off-topic, but how the heck have people already seen the film? I've heard from a friend that a film reviewer he met has seen it - I was incredibly skeptical. But who are these people? They must be with LucasFilm somehow, right? If so, then why are they talking to Slashfilm? TPTB are so concerned about spoilers they're not even revealing the novelization until March, for crying out loud.
@adamdrivershair

It's strange that film reviewer saw it cause early screenings are mostly for selected LF staff. But maybe that reviewer has connections, was invited by TPTB. Did he say anything, whether he liked it?

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8692
Likes : 41214
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 13 Sep - 17:08

@vaderito wrote:
@adamdrivershair wrote:

A bit off-topic, but how the heck have people already seen the film? I've heard from a friend that a film reviewer he met has seen it - I was incredibly skeptical. But who are these people? They must be with LucasFilm somehow, right? If so, then why are they talking to Slashfilm? TPTB are so concerned about spoilers they're not even revealing the novelization until March, for crying out loud.
@adamdrivershair

It's strange that film reviewer saw it cause early screenings are mostly for selected LF staff. But maybe that reviewer has connections, was invited by TPTB. Did he say anything, whether he liked it?

@vaderito

Apparently she didn't say anything about it, just that she'd seen it. This was someone he met on the street, though - I told my friend about the usual policy of when reviewers see films, so he was like, 'Yeah, she could have been lying.' Lol.
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 143
Likes : 769
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 13 Sep - 17:20

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I also love how many shots of him carrying her we get. Like it shows him pick her up and then you get to see it when Han does, then when Finn does. It's cuts back to him carrying her like three times. Thank you JJ!  I love you
@Cowgirlsamurai

I always try to imagine Kylo's face during those scenes H-beating

am I the only one thinking it's odd Han don't seem to be bordered by the fact Kylo has Rey? Haan
Either he is so agitated seeing his son after such a long time- or he knows he wouldn't really harm her? Confus
@Night Huntress

I think Han's either trying to conceal how he feels about it, or he's just overwhelmed at the sight of his fallen son. But, people like to bring up how Rey cares for Han like a father figure, but what about Han's feelings for Rey? Her offers her a job, but rescuing her doesn't seem to be a priority for him. He and Leia are focused on destroying Starkiller and bringing Ben home, and if they save Rey then that's great too.
I know the Japanese version's not "canon" but when we were watching it, my husband pointed out that Han just refers to Rey as "that girl," throughout. Seems very impersonal.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think, by offering Rey a job, Han had the intention of eventually passing the Falcon (his legacy) down to her. At the time he hadn't seen his son nor Leia for years, he seemed like a man who had accepted that he'd lost everything but meeting this young woman (who probably reminded him of young Ben in many ways) gave him hope. He's not depicted as a warm person or anything but in his own way did seem to view Rey as a sort of surrogate child, especially since he believed his own son was lost forever, until later when Leia tells him otherwise.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 12347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Sep - 17:28

Filming of Ep IX now scheduled to begin in June 2018 according to Variety https://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-episode-ix-filming-june-2018/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Man Without A Star on Wed 13 Sep - 17:28

Good, the more time they take to make a truly good and compelling finale to the ST, the better.
avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 94
Likes : 552
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-09
Age : 23
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by vaderito on Wed 13 Sep - 17:35

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Filming of Ep IX now scheduled to begin in June 2018 according to Variety https://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-episode-ix-filming-june-2018/
@Mrs Ben Solo

crap, too long before we get leaks.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8692
Likes : 41214
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 13 Sep - 17:45

@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Filming of Ep IX now scheduled to begin in June 2018 according to Variety https://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-episode-ix-filming-june-2018/
@Mrs Ben Solo

crap, too long before we get leaks.
@vaderito

On the bright side: we've got more time to get rich so we can travel around to all the filming locations!
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by vaderito on Wed 13 Sep - 17:51

@Darth Dingbat wrote:  

On the bright side: we've got more time to get rich so we can travel around to all the filming locations!
@Darth Dingbat

Speaking of travelling locations, Sforza was right, Mark was indeed in Dubrovnik!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6zo9o7/mark_hamill_talks_about_being_on_the_casino_scene/

Appears that he was only visiting the set without actually filming (timeline doesn't match with any Luke scenes).

So "and this is where Rey's feelings start to change" + star-gazing young male character is happening.  Twisted Evil
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8692
Likes : 41214
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 13 Sep - 17:53

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:  

On the bright side: we've got more time to get rich so we can travel around to all the filming locations!
@Darth Dingbat

Speaking of travelling locations, Sforza was right, Mark was indeed in Dubrovnik!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6zo9o7/mark_hamill_talks_about_being_on_the_casino_scene/

Appears that he was only visiting the set without actually filming (timeline doesn't match with any Luke scenes).

So "and this is where Rey's feelings start to change" + star-gazing young male character is happening.  Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Let us hope so! Though most of those casino scenes seem to have been actually shot in the studio, if the BTS reel is anything to go by.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4190
Likes : 27522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by IoJovi on Wed 13 Sep - 18:01

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Filming of Ep IX now scheduled to begin in June 2018 according to Variety https://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-episode-ix-filming-june-2018/
@Mrs Ben Solo

crap, too long before we get leaks.
@vaderito

On the bright side: we've got more time to get rich so we can travel around to all the filming locations!
@Darth Dingbat

Given that JJ gave us a stellar film in 2015 with only 2 months to write the script (minor nitpicks aside), I'm hoping we'll get something truly fantastic with 9.  I couldn't be more pleased with these developments.  

Even though JJ was one of my top choices for IX, one of my first thoughts was oh no I hope it doesn't end with even more unanswered questions.  Then I remembered that this is still fully collaborative effort, and any weak spot JJ has will be ironed out in time.   On the same token, I wouldn't mind if that cliff hanger ends with the possibility of Reylo babies.  I think I can reconcile that... Laughing
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6208
Likes : 34798
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Sep - 18:03

I just hope Kylo's fate isn't left in the balance at the end of TLJ or my nerves will be in tatters until June waiting to see if Adam Driver turns up for filming. It will be a Kit Harington and GoT situation all over again, only this time I'll actually care, lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 13 Sep - 18:14

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Filming of Ep IX now scheduled to begin in June 2018 according to Variety https://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-episode-ix-filming-june-2018/
@Mrs Ben Solo

It seems to me that JJ & Terio have to write the whole script all over again.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3817
Likes : 17793
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 13 Sep - 18:16

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I just hope Kylo's fate isn't left in the balance at the end of TLJ or my nerves will be in tatters until June waiting to see if Adam Driver turns up for filming. It will be a Kit Harington and GoT situation all over again, only this time I'll actually care, lol!
@Mrs Ben Solo

They kind of already did that at the end of TFA. He was left on SKB which exploded shortly after Rey was rescued by Chewie, and we didn't see what happened to him. The books and everything confirm he was rescued, but the movie itself didn't show that.

Edited for clarity.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 12347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Sep - 18:48

@WhatGirl wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I just hope Kylo's fate isn't left in the balance at the end of TLJ or my nerves will be in tatters until June waiting to see if Adam Driver turns up for filming. It will be a Kit Harington and GoT situation all over again, only this time I'll actually care, lol!
@Mrs Ben Solo

They kind of already did that at the end of TFA. He was left on SKB which exploded shortly after Rey was rescued by Chewie, and we didn't see what happened to him. The books and everything confirm he was rescued, but the movie itself didn't show that.

Edited for clarity.
@WhatGirl

Yes, I suppose there were some among the GA who weren't sure if he'd made it off Starkiller or not. I'm not really expecting there to be such a cliffhanger because I think the speculation has only come about due to TESB comparisons with Han in carbonite. Any spoilers/rumours mentioning the possibility of Kylo dying haven't come from reliable sources as far as I'm aware. I know Adam Driver has cast some doubt on his return in recent interviews but he said similar things about whether he'd be back for TLJ, so it's to be taken in that spirit. I'm sure Rian said something in his recent interviews about TLJ being a story with a start, middle, and end as well as being the second part of a trilogy, so he didn't give the impression of leaving it on a cliffhanger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Saracene on Wed 13 Sep - 21:14

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I just hope Kylo's fate isn't left in the balance at the end of TLJ or my nerves will be in tatters until June waiting to see if Adam Driver turns up for filming. It will be a Kit Harington and GoT situation all over again, only this time I'll actually care, lol!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I think it's safe to say that, if they make it look like Kylo's survival is uncertain at the end of TLJ, he'll surely be alive in the next film. That's how I knew that the whole Jon Snow thing was total bs Wink
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1444
Likes : 8775
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Airemyn on Wed 13 Sep - 21:25

Not to mention that those of us who read the books were already pretty sure that he will come back in some way for many reasons, we just weren't sure how. I was hoping he would warg into Ghost but the show has cut warging so never mind, the books could still do it.
avatar
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 324
Likes : 1537
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 13 Sep - 23:25

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Rian wouldn't be my first choice simply because I have yet to see what he does with Reylo in the new film that isn't released yet. On the other hand, we already know what JJ is capable of and how he handles Kylo Ren and Rey. Due to this I also think he's the best bet to actually make it canon as well.
@Lovely_Rose

I agree.  I mean, Rian might have made a great movie and laid the groundwork for Epic Reylo, but I feel like I can't be sure since I haven't seen it yet.  JJ, on the other hand, gave us so many Reylo moments that I feel like he might be the best bet for Epic Reylo in Episode IX.  I guess ultimately we'll have to wait and see, but I am very glad JJ will be doing IX. Smile
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 597
Likes : 1861
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Sep - 21:47


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 15 Sep - 21:56

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:There is a petition to get JJ fired... Rolling Eyes http://movieweb.com/amp/star-wars-9-fire-jj-abrams-petition/
@Mrs Ben Solo

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 369
Likes : 1578
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Irina de France on Sat 16 Sep - 1:09

Antis are really desperate at this point.

_________________

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]


Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!


Avatar source: [X]
avatar
Irina de France
Moderator

Messages : 1429
Likes : 7235
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 22
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Darth Rowan on Sat 16 Sep - 1:24

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:There is a petition to get JJ fired... Rolling Eyes http://movieweb.com/amp/star-wars-9-fire-jj-abrams-petition/
@Mrs Ben Solo



Please. Would they rather see Trevorrow directing?
Still, part of me is glad for this sad little backlash. More (tiny) pressure on LF and JJ to come out with fresh ideas and steer clear of anything rehashy this time around.

_________________
"We'll see."
avatar
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 2578
Likes : 7230
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum