J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct Episode IX - It's official!!!!

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Sep - 14:59

Oh my goodness!!

I didn't expect I'd be this happy about the Return of the JJ, but I actually am. Whatever his flaws, his commentary showed that he really understood these characters and I can't wait what he has in store for them.

I wonder if they're still keeping Thorne, or whether Kasdan will return to co-write.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by soulluos on Tue 12 Sep - 14:59

Obviously Rian is the better choice since VIII received universal acclaim.

soulluos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Sep - 15:02

Ah, sorry, didn't notice it was in the announcement that JJ is co-writing with Chris Terrio.

Well, then.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Sep - 15:06

Darth Dingbat wrote:Oh my goodness!!

I didn't expect I'd be this happy about the Return of the JJ, but I actually am. Whatever his flaws, his commentary showed that he really understood these characters and I can't wait what he has in store for them.

I wonder if they're still keeping Thorne, or whether Kasdan will return to co-write.
@Darth Dingbat

I feel very similar about it.

Episode IX: Return of the Mistery Box. lol!
(and I'am still happy about it)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Sep - 15:07

Yeeeeah don't know how to feel about the Chris Terrio thing. JJ wasn't my favorite choice, so all I can say is that I hope he took the criticism of TFA to heart. However, it's pretty exciting considering his view of Kylo as a character, and Rey and Kylo's relationship, lines up perfectly with mine! His coming back pretty much seals Kylo's redemption and possibly Reylo too.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:12

soulluos wrote:Obviously Rian is the better choice since VIII received universal acclaim.
@soulluos

Unless 8 ain't that great or maybe Rian is getting out while the getting is good. Razz
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Sep - 15:12

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomObserver on Tue 12 Sep - 15:13

vaderito wrote:Ava Twisted Evil

Sexiest scene in all the Saga.  cheers
@vaderito

And for that gif-set alone, I'm pleased as could be that JJ is returning.
RandomObserver
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://www.roxannedhoward.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomObserver on Tue 12 Sep - 15:15

spacebaby45678 wrote:
soulluos wrote:Obviously Rian is the better choice since VIII received universal acclaim.
@soulluos

Unless 8 ain't that great or maybe Rian is getting out while the getting is good. Razz
@spacebaby45678

My personal feel whenever I see Rian talking about it is that he looks like a man who knows he accomplished something great. I think it's more of a "top THAT" kind of a thing; he knows he slayed it, and it's time to walk away and rub his palms together.
RandomObserver
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://www.roxannedhoward.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Sep - 15:16

JJ! I'm so happy! OMG! The man who started it all!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 12 Sep - 15:17

RandomObserver wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@soulluos

@spacebaby45678

My personal feel whenever I see Rian talking about it is that he looks like a man who knows he accomplished something great. I think it's more of a "top THAT" kind of a thing; he knows he slayed it, and it's time to walk away and rub his palms together.
@RandomObserver

The fight of a better Reylo Very Happy
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Sep - 15:21

JJ return is a stake through PlotGate. It's all connected and planned at least in general terms.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 12 Sep - 15:26

Yes!!!!!! So happy JJ is returning!!!!
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Sep - 15:27

Birdwoman wrote:It looks like another collaboration with Bad Robot. Poor Pablo... ;)
@Birdwoman

Hahaha! Dude this is why you never s*** talk former coworkers. Just wish Disney has gone after Ava originally and left Trevorrow in dinosaur land. But it's all good, he has her ear, Rian Johnson & Kasdan's. Just no Mystery Box, please! And we know that he <3's Rey and the space nerd chasing after her so it's all good. It may even be that they knew it had to be someone the cast and crew already trusted.

Boy I bet a lot of the traditionalists are PISSED though, because OMG Khan and killing off cool dad Han Solo.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Sep - 15:28

JJ is the safest possible option, since Rian refused to do it. It makes sense for continuity and a bit more hope for Reylo than with Colin. Nothing against him but none of his work particulary has excited me for any positive ending between Kylo and Rey.

All round a positive news for us and us for antis well ...

DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Sep - 15:31

Wow. I was really surprised to see this report, considering that J.J. reportedly does not like finishing stories...

Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved TFA. I haven't been engaged in characters like during TFA for a long time. Nostalgia factor aside, he did a great job with kickstarting the trilogy and introducing complex and layered characters (not to mention, shipping Reylo before it was cool Razz). Therefore, I love that he is back and he can round off the story. What's better is that the characters will have gone through (hopefuly) incredible compelling and rough journey in TLJ, which is certainly going to inform the finale of the story.

Since he no longer needs to cater back to nostalgia in order to get people hyped, I am really curious to see what he can bring up, now that he can set his imagination loose. Just one request - NO MORE SUPERWEAPONS!!!!

Chris Terio however...hmm... I hated BvS with passion, but I liked Town. Terio, like J.J. is good at writing characters, so I am excited that the characters will get the treatment they deserve. But the story overall...I am cautiously optimistic.

Overall, I am happy that J.J. is back. I did not expect him to return, but I am pleased that the man who introduced Rey, Kylo, Finn is going to give them the ending they deserve. Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 12 Sep - 15:33

I would be lieing if I said I didn't expect this tbh. JJ is the safest choice; depending on how well VIII is received by the GA RJ might get to work on it too though.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Sep - 15:38

Salt is already pouring and it's glorious! Go JJ! cheers
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Sep - 15:45

I know nothing about that Terio guy. Saw a trailer for SvB and it was enough to me to decide not to watch the whole thing. Very Happy

As for JJ:

I'am jumping out of joy literally: because I feel confident about him and the characters. And that's most important thing right. He adores working with Adam and Daisy - he said it several times. He understands the feeling and the mood of SW, as well.

As for his flaws: I'am aware of it. Mistery boxes - definitely. He can be messy so to say. But I'll always pick him instead somebody completely new and unfamiliar with the SW as a specific kind of making a movie (as JJ said in one of the interviews: Thing are not normal as in other movies, we're doing SW)

I'am not afraid of Death Star 4.0 as well, because the TFA rehash business was done on purpose.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Sep - 15:47

I know not everybody is going to feel the same way, but I'm thrilled with this announcement. With all his flaws, JJ hits it out of the ballpark when it comes to emotional character driven writing, and I loved and still love TFA to pieces. He was the best choice, IMO, outside of a co-op between JJ and Rian, which would have been my #1 option bar none (and what should have been the plan all along, but I digress). His commentary just proved how well he understands the nuances these characters need to have. Plus he's the ultimate Kylo fan and Kylo redemptionist. What more can you ask for? cheers
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by soulluos on Tue 12 Sep - 15:48

NewsFromJakku deleted all the posts today and then posted 25 before deleting it again, Abram was officially announced as the director of VII on January 25, 2013. Probably a coincidence.

soulluos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 12 Sep - 15:59

gwendy85 wrote:So happy to hear JJ is back! He was my second choice next to Rian Johnson.
@gwendy85

Yes! Me too! He was my second choice after Rian. But I totally understand why rian would refuse at this point. He has given his all to episode VIII and the poor guy needs a break. JJ right now is the best choice to make the trilogy cohesive. He knows the actors, the characters and I am sure he will have great input from Rian! JJ is pro Reylo too so is a win win IMO!

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 12 Sep - 16:01

JJ did it on a deadline for TFA and he will be doing the same here, I presume. I could see KK and Disney/Lf being willing to push the release date back to December '19 but they won't want to go past that.

I'm seeing quite a lot of negative reaction to the news on social media but this is coming mostly from the old fan boys and people who hated a lot of what JJ (& LK) brought to TFA. Who really cares what they think anyway when TFA was the highest grossing Star Wars movie and plenty of fans love the new characters etc. I'm sure the antis are drowning in salt, poor things! Wink

I'm reading a lot of concerns about Chris Terrio, and I confess I'm not familiar with his work. Argo seems to be the exception rather than the rule. But JJ is co-writing, plus I'm sure they'll have plenty of input from elsewhere, including Lawrence Kasdan. The view from Reyloville is looking pretty damn good right now, lol.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Tue 12 Sep - 16:06

Man Without A Star wrote:I was terryfied of how Treworrow might resolve Rey's and Kylo's story in IX. Having seen Home Base and read some of his statements...I am glad he is out. As for his replacement? I have no idea. I would say Rian Johnson, because out of all the new directors, he seems like the best one so far, in terms of working with Lucasfilm, script, characters etc. But who knows. I would like to see a female director as well. I really liked Patty Jenkins work on Wonder Woman, so that might be other choice. As for Ava, I am not familiar with her work myself, but I have seen others suggest her multiple times.
@Man Without A Star

His replacement is J.J Abrams. It's official.
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 12 Sep - 16:07

I agree @Mrs Ben Solo, JJ did take the TFA script on deadline and came up with a great story to restart Star Wars. He and Kasdan are the reason I started to actively participate in this fandom instead of being a casually engaged fan. So I am happy!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum