"It depends on your definition of 'living'"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"It depends on your definition of 'living'"

Post by nite0wl29 on Fri 15 Sep - 15:20

I've been pondering this statement for some time and while shower time, a thought dawned on me! We've been getting subtle hints regarding Kylo's role in TLJ. From "Kylo isn't Darth Vader...yet", AD's statement "it depends on your definition of living," and now RJ said "In TFA we got a glimpse of the cracks in Kylo's armor. Now they'll get to be ripped open." The movie Beauty and the Beast came to my mind. While Kylo now practically screams redemption, the comment from Belle to the Beast "can anyone be happy if they aren't free?" comes to mind.  Even when redeemed Kylo is gonna be so emotionally scarred and broken, how can anyone live freely when they carry the burden of having so many inner demons to deal with? Which goes to my theory on him being Darth Vader. What was Vader? He was full of anger, sadness, and internally suffering from all he had lost in his life. I think Rey will play a big part in this as being Kylo's anchor and light in his life.
nite0wl29
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "It depends on your definition of 'living'"

Post by vaderito on Fri 15 Sep - 17:01

Exactly. It's about his psychological state rather than physical (life support and such). Also, it's a perfect non-answer. remember that during TFA promo blitz Adam said he didn't know if he was going to be in the next one or something along those lines and gave the worst poker face ever. I'm sure someone must have the gif. Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 17 Sep - 7:18

@vaderito wrote:Exactly. It's about his psychological state rather than physical (life support and such). Also, it's a perfect non-answer. remember that during TFA promo blitz Adam said he didn't know if he was going to be in the next one or something along those lines and gave the worst poker face ever. I'm sure someone must have the gif. Very Happy
@vaderito

And the "I hope...I hope.. hopefully they'll be happy with it" or something like that in a recent interview about how fans will like what happens to Kylo.  And something about it being unexpected.  I'm really hoping it means he sheds the persona of Kylo Ren that has been making him so miserable and becomes a new, older and wiser, iteration of Ben Solo.  Fingers crossed.  The other obvious possibilities for "depends on what you mean by living" are that he dies (after his redemption like Vader, I'd guess) or that Snoke does seething like put him in carbonite.  But I'd love to see the prodigal son literally and metaphorically come home.
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sun 17 Sep - 13:04

@Lily Snape wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Exactly. It's about his psychological state rather than physical (life support and such). Also, it's a perfect non-answer. remember that during TFA promo blitz Adam said he didn't know if he was going to be in the next one or something along those lines and gave the worst poker face ever. I'm sure someone must have the gif. Very Happy
@vaderito

And the "I hope...I hope.. hopefully they'll be happy with it" or something like that in a recent interview about how fans will like what happens to Kylo.  And something about it being unexpected.  I'm really hoping it means he sheds the persona of Kylo Ren that has been making him so miserable and becomes a new, older and wiser, iteration of Ben Solo.  Fingers crossed.  The other obvious possibilities for "depends on what you mean by living" are that he dies (after his redemption like Vader, I'd guess) or that Snoke does seething like put him in carbonite.  But I'd love to see the prodigal son literally and metaphorically come home.
@Lily Snape

I agree on the last part! But being he's such an important character I don't think he'll be killed off just yet. Most fans, I would suspect, believe that Kylo is unredeemable due to the fact that he killed Han. Adam seemed too excited about his character change for him to be offed in the second movie. Adam is pretty bad at keeping secrets when it comes to facial expressions. Very Happy
nite0wl29
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 17 Sep - 14:53

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@vaderito

@Lily Snape

I agree on the last part! But being he's such an important character I don't think he'll be killed off just yet. Most fans, I would suspect, believe that Kylo is unredeemable due to the fact that he killed Han. Adam seemed too excited about his character change for him to be offed in the second movie. Adam is pretty bad at keeping secrets when it comes to facial expressions. Very Happy
@nite0wl29

Totally agree.  He always seems to be trying to repress a smile when asked about Kylo's future.  Smile Fingers crossed-- rather than Vader 2.0, I'd like to see what a redeemed Jedi can do in the galaxy.
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sun 17 Sep - 15:00

@Lily Snape wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@vaderito

@Lily Snape

@nite0wl29

Totally agree.  He always seems to be trying to repress a smile when asked about Kylo's future.  Smile Fingers crossed-- rather than Vader 2.0, I'd like to see what a redeemed Jedi can do in the galaxy.
@Lily Snape

Yes!!! What Vader "would have been" had he not died. That make even more sense than my original thought! Very Happy That and JJ saying that him and Rey will have a very interesting relationship moving forward. Obviously there's much more for us to see past TLJ.
nite0wl29
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 17 Sep - 18:24

Thist Adam's quote makes me doubt new leaks a little bit. He turns on FO or Snoke presumably but it more fits if Snoke bertrays him, Rey leaves with Snoke, Leia might not survive and he has nothing to live for. Everything lost and doomed. From the ashes comes Ben Solo.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sun 17 Sep - 20:57

@DarthRen wrote:Thist Adam's quote makes me doubt new leaks a little bit. He turns on FO or Snoke presumably but it more fits if Snoke bertrays him, Rey leaves with Snoke, Leia might not survive and he has nothing to live for. Everything lost and doomed. From the ashes comes Ben Solo.
@DarthRen

I'm still undecided about Rey leaving with Snoke. A part of me really believes that something's really "off" with Luke. We know based off hints from Rian that Rey will forgive Kylo. Kylo swaps sides, but with what price? Will it be a "heat of the moment" decision or do him and Rey have some bonding time somewhere that makes him decide to leave Snoke? We know that Rey had a voice tell her to kill Kylo at the end of TFA but she resisted it. Who was the voice then: Snoke....Luke? SO many questions, and we're SO close to getting the answers to. If Rey would happen to leave with Snoke, would Kylo reunite with Luke or would he go rogue? But then how would this relationship between him and Rey develop with them swapping sides? That's why I'm a little hesitant about the whole Rey leaving with Snoke thing...the whole 2 halves of the protagonist comment make a me believe that they will be on the same side and will need each other to fuel each other's strength. Where one is weak the other makes up for it.
nite0wl29
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 17 Sep - 21:03

Rey leaving with Snoke doesn't mean she joins the darks side, he can just manipulate her and she'll be naive to think he'll help her in some way. I think then in episode 9, she'll really grapple with the dark side, but Ben Solo will be around to help her out of that like she did for him in 8. Think it'd be a beautiful story.
rey09
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sun 17 Sep - 21:12

@rey09 wrote:Rey leaving with Snoke doesn't mean she joins the darks side, he can just manipulate her and she'll be naive to think he'll help her in some way. I think then in episode 9, she'll really grapple with the dark side, but Ben Solo will be around to help her out of that like she did for him in 8. Think it'd be a beautiful story.
@rey09

I like that theory! Smile very Revan and Bastilla-like
nite0wl29
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 17 Sep - 21:55

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Rey leaving with Snoke doesn't mean she joins the darks side, he can just manipulate her and she'll be naive to think he'll help her in some way. I think then in episode 9, she'll really grapple with the dark side, but Ben Solo will be around to help her out of that like she did for him in 8. Think it'd be a beautiful story.
@rey09

I like that theory! Smile very Revan and Bastilla-like
@nite0wl29 Lol basically...it's so good though, missed opportunity if not. I would also like to see Finn be there too for her. I'm thinking at this point her parents abandoned her because of her force powers and it freaked them out. Snoke would def. use this to his advantage and if not for Ben and Finn, he'd probably succeed in turning her.
rey09
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum