Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 20 Oct - 6:18

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:JJ did say that the interrogation scene has major reprecussions in the next movies.

Antis take that to mean that Rey and Kylo will just keep hating each other.

The interrogation scene was basically their engagement! They were figuratively betrothed by then!
@Rei of Sunshine Anyone have the direct quote of JJ saying this?  I'm compiling a database for myself XD wanted to use it lol 

A force bond is the only way Kylo will find Rey on Ach-to. There's no other explanation! Think about it, Leia can't even figure out where Luke is and they've known each other for years. Meanwhile...these two have barely known each other and yet they are bound stronger than any other!!
@rey09

i'm not so sure if it's in an earlier interview, a leaked rumor, or the commentary. I'll try to find it.
@Rei of Sunshine

I'm pretty sure it was an old MSW spoiler...I think it was from around June 2015.

I believe that it was later clarified (after TFA was released) that the thing that would have major "ramifications" would be something that Rey saw in Kylo's head during the interrogation scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

RAMIFICATIONS that's the word! Thank you!
I was googling for 'reprecussions' and 'implications' and I got nothing! haha
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1486
Likes : 10150
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 24
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by vaderito on Fri 20 Oct - 15:25

Digital LA‏ @DigitalLA 20h20 hours ago
More
Rian Johnson's favorite vehicle (besides the Falcon) is the A Wing from Return of the Jedi, so they revamped it and brought it back in Last Jedi

Rian's favorite color lightsaber:
'There's nothing cooler than red'
♥️♥️♥️
YAASSS!

#IrelandWeek #connect353 @IDAIRELAND

https://twitter.com/DigitalLA/status/921193574175092738
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9762
Likes : 47146
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 22 Oct - 6:55

avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5476
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 22 Oct - 7:52

@vaderito wrote:Digital LA‏ @DigitalLA 20h20 hours ago
More
Rian Johnson's favorite vehicle (besides the Falcon) is the A Wing from Return of the Jedi, so they revamped it and brought it back in Last Jedi

Rian's favorite color lightsaber:
'There's nothing cooler than red'
♥️♥️♥️
YAASSS!

#IrelandWeek #connect353 @IDAIRELAND

https://twitter.com/DigitalLA/status/921193574175092738
@vaderito

I like the red myself, actually, although Mace Windus purple sabre was cool.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2352
Likes : 9904
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by DarthRen on Sun 22 Oct - 12:01

Kinda of revisiting one of Pablo Hidalgo's old tweets in the wake of this trailer. When Maz told Rey about "her parents [those she's waiting for at Jakku] and how someone still can come back." As Pablo basically interpretated "don't dwell in the past, move on." Almost what Kylo echoes what Maz said to Rey in TFA "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." Life lessons for Rey.

Even if PH implied that it's Luke that could come back, there is still Ben who can too. Maybe both.

avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 22 Oct - 12:54

@DarthRen wrote:Kinda of revisiting one of Pablo Hidalgo's old tweets in the wake of this trailer. When Maz told Rey about "her parents [those she's waiting for at Jakku] and how someone still can come back." As Pablo basically interpretated "don't dwell in the past, move on." Almost what Kylo echoes what Maz said to Rey in TFA "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." Life lessons for Rey.

Even if PH implied that it's Luke that could come back, there is still Ben who can too. Maybe both.

@DarthRen

THIS. This is exactly why I was so baffled that Reywalker was a bigger thing than Reylo when I turned on my laptop right after coming home from the theater. I know it requires a little 'reading-between-the-lines'-skills, but it was so obvious to me. Rey was in stasis her entire life prior to TFA, wasting time on that planet all because she was too scared to leave what little sense of security she gained from her home and familiar surroundings behind. That's what made it so easy for Plutt to exploit her, he friggin' knew that she wouldn't leave so long as she could survive *at all* so he fed her the bare minimum necessary to keep her going without enabling her any means to actually leave (remember her hopeful face when Han offered her a job? Imagine working at a hellhole without being able to leave and suddenly getting a new job offer at a better place with a boss who cares about his employees, minus space mercenaries meant to take care of animal merchandise *cough*). Plus the smallest possible chance of maybe *someone* coming back for her. It probably didn't even matter if these were her relatives, *anyone* to get her out of that place.

And by doing so all she did was isolate herself. She had adjusted so well to the loner life that she wanted to keep it that way, too. That's why she tried to get rid of BB-8 at first. That's why she wanted to btfo Finn at first and was repulsed by him taking her hand, the only people ever touching her were probably folks like Plutt's schoolyard chums. That's why she got triggered by Maz and ran out of that castle, 'cause Maz was pushing her out of her comfort zone way too fast and too hard.

AND WHY THE f**** DID THIS - REY'S ENTIRE CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT SO FAR - GET OVER EVERYBODY'S HEADS? TRIGGERED.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1088
Likes : 6111
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Sun 22 Oct - 15:27

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Kinda of revisiting one of Pablo Hidalgo's old tweets in the wake of this trailer. When Maz told Rey about "her parents [those she's waiting for at Jakku] and how someone still can come back." As Pablo basically interpretated "don't dwell in the past, move on." Almost what Kylo echoes what Maz said to Rey in TFA "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." Life lessons for Rey.

Even if PH implied that it's Luke that could come back, there is still Ben who can too. Maybe both.

@DarthRen

THIS. This is exactly why I was so baffled that Reywalker was a bigger thing than Reylo when I turned on my laptop right after coming home from the theater. I know it requires a little 'reading-between-the-lines'-skills, but it was so obvious to me. Rey was in stasis her entire life prior to TFA, wasting time on that planet all because she was too scared to leave what little sense of security she gained from her home and familiar surroundings behind. That's what made it so easy for Plutt to exploit her, he friggin' knew that she wouldn't leave so long as she could survive *at all* so he fed her the bare minimum necessary to keep her going without enabling her any means to actually leave (remember her hopeful face when Han offered her a job? Imagine working at a hellhole without being able to leave and suddenly getting a new job offer at a better place with a boss who cares about his employees, minus space mercenaries meant to take care of animal merchandise *cough*). Plus the smallest possible chance of maybe *someone* coming back for her. It probably didn't even matter if these were her relatives, *anyone* to get her out of that place.

And by doing so all she did was isolate herself. She had adjusted so well to the loner life that she wanted to keep it that way, too. That's why she tried to get rid of BB-8 at first. That's why she wanted to btfo Finn at first and was repulsed by him taking her hand, the only people ever touching her were probably folks like Plutt's schoolyard chums. That's why she got triggered by Maz and ran out of that castle, 'cause Maz was pushing her out of her comfort zone way too fast and too hard.

AND WHY THE f**** DID THIS - REY'S ENTIRE CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT SO FAR - GET OVER EVERYBODY'S HEADS? TRIGGERED.
@Rimfaxe96


i had forgotten about this glorious little tweet from Pablo. I think even recently he said he will never lie or debunk something that's actually true. I can think of 8001 tweets where he wrecked Reywalker and lit it on fire afterwards, but he has never done this to Reylo even once - and this is coming from a guy who hates shipping. Sure, he adds that "stay on the desert planet" quip afterwards as if to reduce the importance of what he just said, but still. It's very telling.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6972
Likes : 39803
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Oct - 15:41

@IoJovi Pablo recently had someone tweeting him about Snoke being Plagueis and accusing him of lying about it. He said if Snoke was ever going to be Plagueis he wouldn’t say he wasn’t. I don’t know how much clearer he can be. His sense of humour is very snarky but it’s telling that he’s never turned his ire on Reylo, especially as he doesn’t like shipping/romance in general/and gets harassed by shippers and antis on a regular basis. Also, as you say, he’s been pouring scorn on Reywalker pretty much from the start. People can accuse him of lying all they want but like he said, he wouldn’t say something wasn’t happening if it was. He wouldn’t even touch those questions or would give his standard “Wait for December” or “I don’t talk about future content.”

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by DarthRen on Sun 22 Oct - 15:58

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Kinda of revisiting one of Pablo Hidalgo's old tweets in the wake of this trailer. When Maz told Rey about "her parents [those she's waiting for at Jakku] and how someone still can come back." As Pablo basically interpretated "don't dwell in the past, move on." Almost what Kylo echoes what Maz said to Rey in TFA "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." Life lessons for Rey.

Even if PH implied that it's Luke that could come back, there is still Ben who can too. Maybe both.

@DarthRen

THIS. This is exactly why I was so baffled that Reywalker was a bigger thing than Reylo when I turned on my laptop right after coming home from the theater. I know it requires a little 'reading-between-the-lines'-skills, but it was so obvious to me. Rey was in stasis her entire life prior to TFA, wasting time on that planet all because she was too scared to leave what little sense of security she gained from her home and familiar surroundings behind. That's what made it so easy for Plutt to exploit her, he friggin' knew that she wouldn't leave so long as she could survive *at all* so he fed her the bare minimum necessary to keep her going without enabling her any means to actually leave (remember her hopeful face when Han offered her a job? Imagine working at a hellhole without being able to leave and suddenly getting a new job offer at a better place with a boss who cares about his employees, minus space mercenaries meant to take care of animal merchandise *cough*). Plus the smallest possible chance of maybe *someone* coming back for her. It probably didn't even matter if these were her relatives, *anyone* to get her out of that place.

And by doing so all she did was isolate herself. She had adjusted so well to the loner life that she wanted to keep it that way, too. That's why she tried to get rid of BB-8 at first. That's why she wanted to btfo Finn at first and was repulsed by him taking her hand, the only people ever touching her were probably folks like Plutt's schoolyard chums. That's why she got triggered by Maz and ran out of that castle, 'cause Maz was pushing her out of her comfort zone way too fast and too hard.

AND WHY THE f**** DID THIS - REY'S ENTIRE CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT SO FAR - GET OVER EVERYBODY'S HEADS? TRIGGERED.
@Rimfaxe96



It's like Rey has to be a Skywalker because otherwise she is irrelevant, everybody needs to be a Skywalker. Evil Kylo Ren cannot be the heir to Skywalker legacy. Which Pablo Hidalgo said that Kylo is fullfiling the role of Skywalker, Leia is there too ... but Kylo is having Skywalker role in Force plot, why that when in TFA we have Rey there? Laughing In TLJ it's Luke and Kylo as a family conflict.

Even in the movie and someone on tumblr or on SWC podcast said the best. Why having a cliffhanger of Luke and Rey if they are father and daughter? Why not acknowlegining it? Well, they're not related by a blood. Doesn't mean that they couldn't have father/daughter relationship.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Sun 22 Oct - 16:00

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@IoJovi Pablo recently had someone tweeting him about Snoke being Plagueis and accusing him of lying about it. He said if Snoke was ever going to be Plagueis he wouldn’t say he wasn’t. I don’t know how much clearer he can be. His sense of humour is very snarky but it’s telling that he’s never turned his ire on Reylo, especially as he doesn’t like shipping/romance in general/and gets harassed by shippers and antis on a regular basis. Also, as you say, he’s been pouring scorn on Reywalker pretty much from the start. People can accuse him of lying all they want but like he said, he wouldn’t say something wasn’t happening if it was. He wouldn’t even touch those questions or would give his standard “Wait for December” or “I don’t talk about future content.”
@Mrs Ben Solo

He even went as far to say "Go with what you see in TFA" to a very outspoken Reylo shipper when they asked if Kylo's sexuality could be determined in Episode VII. Then there's your tweet to him back from April or May 2016 that was so good we put it in a gold frame. Had he done that with Reywalker or Rey Solo I would have been out of this fandom a long time ago.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6972
Likes : 39803
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nite0wl29 on Mon 23 Oct - 16:12

I'm not sure if this Tweet has ever been discussed, but it makes my questions regarding Luke's behavior seem a little less in the grey area. Interesting! I can see now why Rian said that Rey and Luke's relationship is the heartbeat of this episode-he's gonna drive her to Kylo. By that I'm not saying that Luke is full blown evil, but that he's definitely not nicety nice as the Luke we remember.

avatar
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 617
Likes : 2255
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-13
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana, USA

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Forsythia on Tue 24 Oct - 2:15


avatar
Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 324
Likes : 1826
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 24 Oct - 2:23

@Forsythia wrote:
@Forsythia

I don't know, he seemed kinda triggered in the SNL sketch when his lightsaber was insulted. Laughing
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1088
Likes : 6111
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by DarthRen on Tue 24 Oct - 2:24

@Forsythia wrote:
@Forsythia

God bless for Pablo Hidalgo. He makes this waiting for TLJ a little more bearable.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 24 Oct - 2:37

avatar
Kylo Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 485
Likes : 4277
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 21
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 24 Oct - 2:40

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kylo Rey

That's very interesting. Confus
avatar
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 472
Likes : 2155
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-16
Age : 23
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by DarthRen on Tue 24 Oct - 2:44

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kylo Rey

Actually, that might explain of what we heard [ dont know which source] that Leia slaps Poe for some reason. If Leia sense that Kylo couldn't pull the trigger, even when he killed Han there is still good in him. Then not only that but also because Leia is his mother and she would defend her son. Only making Poe angrier and more reckless leading up to taking matter into his own hands.

If Paige is his girlfriend and gets killed by FO, even more reason for him to be impulsive. Actually, hoping the Resistance plot is a good one and will get many of us interested, because usually I'm all about Force plot. Finn/Rose, Leia/Poe/Holdo could make for a very good Resistance plot.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 24 Oct - 2:49

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kylo Rey

That's very interesting. Confus
@Moonlight13

I actually don't think Poe knows it's Ben because he would have thrown Leia in Kylo's face to point out how rotten Kylo is during the interrogation. OTOH, I think Kylo knows exactly who Poe is (surrogate son). I think Pablo is being cagey here because this reveal will blow things up with the Resistance,  particularly between Leia and Poe.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4285
Likes : 20279
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 24 Oct - 6:51

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kylo Rey

That's very interesting. Confus
@Moonlight13

I actually don't think Poe knows it's Ben because he would have thrown Leia in Kylo's face to point out how rotten Kylo is during the interrogation. OTOH, I think Kylo knows exactly who Poe is (surrogate son). I think Pablo is being cagey here because this reveal will blow things up with the Resistance,  particularly between Leia and Poe.
@SoloSideCousin

Interesting question/response. I remember a while ago, someone asked a variation on this question--"Did Ben and Poe know each other when they were younger?" (or something like that), and Pablo responded that they did not.

And I agree that Kylo probably knows about Poe, thus his "the best pilot in the Resistance" snark, when Kylo knows darn well that he's possibly a better pilot than Poe.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5268
Likes : 27550
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct - 11:33

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

I actually don't think Poe knows it's Ben because he would have thrown Leia in Kylo's face to point out how rotten Kylo is during the interrogation. OTOH, I think Kylo knows exactly who Poe is (surrogate son). I think Pablo is being cagey here because this reveal will blow things up with the Resistance,  particularly between Leia and Poe.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree- I wonder how Poe finds out. Why this even come up? Maybe Finn is telling him after his recovery? How he witnessed Kylo killing his own dad... and when Poe confronts Leia about that it didn't go well (she slaps him).
Oh how I look forward to all those scenes! Lolilol Claps


avatar
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 921
Likes : 4346
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by panki on Tue 24 Oct - 13:17

I still don't think Poe will get slapped by Leia because he confronts her about Kylo being her son (it sounds like something from a bad soap opera).....for one thing, she is a princess and a general, so it would be weird for her to give into boorish behavior just because someone confronts her with the truth about something....to draw a parallel, did she slap Ranslom Casterfo in public for the Vader reveal? No. She went to his office and only threw imperial memorabilia at a show case.

And secondly, if you read Leia and Poe's interactions in the Poe comics, he would never confront her in some public space and cause her embarrassment like that. He respects her way too much for that sort of behavior. This kind of interaction would put both Poe and Leia in a terrible light.

I think it is more likely that Holdo will poison her ears against Poe, saying that his daredevil ways are putting the resistance at risk and Leia slaps him for it. This has already been foreshadowed in the comics where she has questioned him for breaking protocol so the missions can be successful....breaking protocol is something deserving of demotion and/or a slap....and this might make Poe take his role as a future leader more seriously instead of remaining a hotshot pilot.

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct - 13:52

@panki wrote:I still don't think Poe will get slapped by Leia because he confronts her about Kylo being her son (it sounds like something from a bad soap opera).....for one thing, she is a princess and a general, so it would be weird for her to give into boorish behavior just because someone confronts her with the truth about something....to draw a parallel, did she slap Ranslom Casterfo in public for the Vader reveal? No. She went to his office and only threw imperial memorabilia at a show case.

And secondly, if you read Leia and Poe's interactions in the Poe comics, he would never confront her in some public space and cause her embarrassment like that. He respects her way too much for that sort of behavior. This kind of interaction would put both Poe and Leia in a terrible light.

I think it is more likely that Holdo will poison her ears against Poe, saying that his daredevil ways are putting the resistance at risk and Leia slaps him for it. This has already been foreshadowed in the comics where she has questioned him for breaking protocol so the missions can be successful....breaking protocol is something deserving of demotion and/or a slap....and this might make Poe take his role as a future leader more seriously instead of remaining a hotshot pilot.
@panki

I disagree.
I haven't read the comics, so I have no insight regarding Holdo and the relationship between Poe and Leia- but how is slapping him because breaking some stupid protocol more "princess" or "general" like than slapping him for some personal reasons?
For me it's quite the opposite - slapping him for something about the resistance would be highly unprofessional... but if someone is hurting her personally she could loose her temper (and she did with Casterfo as well at the beginning, not hitting but insulting him) .
AND after what happened in Bloodline and her political career was over, I don't think she give so much about what anybody else is thinking anymore.
avatar
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 921
Likes : 4346
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by panki on Tue 24 Oct - 14:10

@Night Huntress wrote:
@panki wrote:I still don't think Poe will get slapped by Leia because he confronts her about Kylo being her son (it sounds like something from a bad soap opera).....for one thing, she is a princess and a general, so it would be weird for her to give into boorish behavior just because someone confronts her with the truth about something....to draw a parallel, did she slap Ranslom Casterfo in public for the Vader reveal? No. She went to his office and only threw imperial memorabilia at a show case.

And secondly, if you read Leia and Poe's interactions in the Poe comics, he would never confront her in some public space and cause her embarrassment like that. He respects her way too much for that sort of behavior. This kind of interaction would put both Poe and Leia in a terrible light.

I think it is more likely that Holdo will poison her ears against Poe, saying that his daredevil ways are putting the resistance at risk and Leia slaps him for it. This has already been foreshadowed in the comics where she has questioned him for breaking protocol so the missions can be successful....breaking protocol is something deserving of demotion and/or a slap....and this might make Poe take his role as a future leader more seriously instead of remaining a hotshot pilot.
@panki

I disagree.
I haven't read the comics, so I have no insight regarding Holdo and the relationship between Poe and Leia- but how is slapping him because breaking some stupid protocol more "princess" or "general" like than slapping him for some personal reasons?
For me it's quite the opposite - slapping him for something about the resistance would be highly unprofessional... but if someone is hurting her personally she could loose her temper (and she did with Casterfo as well at the beginning, not hitting but insulting him) .
AND after what happened in Bloodline and her political career was over, I don't think she give so much about what anybody else is thinking anymore.
@Night Huntress

1. I don't think slapping Poe for breaking protocol is unprofessional. For one thing, Leia was ready for the possibility that Kylo would die on SKB in TFA when the resistance attacked the base....so it is obvious the resistance is highly personal to her and she is ready to make any sacrifice necessary for it. She even clearly states in Princess Leia Royal Rebel that she gave time to the new republic at the expense of her husband and son, and expected them to understand this decision. So one can clearly see where her priorities lie.
Hence, if she feels Poe is breaking rules in an organization she has dedicated her life to, it makes sense for her to slap him and demote him for it.

2. While I understand you have not read the comics, the comics are in fact canon and Leia having problems with Poe breaking rules is canon....Poe confronting her and acting out is not. We cannot cherry pick the parts out of canon we like and throw out the rest just because we don't like it.

3. Leia might not care since she isn't a senator but she is still a leader and now that the New Republic has gone, the resistance will be looked upon to keep the galaxy safe. Hence, she is not some free agent running amok- she is the leader of something big and her upbringing as a princess and a leader will prevent her from acting like some hysterical person in public just because someone confronts her about her son. If you read novels relating to her life, she has been trained to be a princess and a leader (and behave like one) from childhood.
Sorry but she has a lot to lose now that the New Republic has gone and she is a leader once more. And like I said before, she did not slap Ranslom over a family issue being aired in public where she also feared the consequences for Ben...I highly doubt she will do it in Poe's case.

4. Saying that Poe will confront her in public about her son also goes against his character. He might be a daredevil etc. but the books and comics relating to Poe show that he was extremely well brought up by his father with lots of discipline and used to high stress situations, even comforting squad members who have trouble coping with bad situations....it makes no sense for him to confront Leia and embarrass her since he respects her so much....for one thing, he would be aware she is Vader's daughter and seems fine with the fact...why would he suddenly decide to go crazy on finding out she is Kylo's mother?

5. Also, where does Poe's problems with Holdo come up if both the force plot and the resistance plot is about Kylo?
While I love Kylo and know he is a huge part of TLJ, I highly doubt the resistance plot is going to be all about him too.

It makes more sense for the slap to be related to something Holdo says/does than have any connection to Kylo.

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct - 14:39

@panki wrote:
2. While I understand you have not read the comics, the comics are in fact canon and Leia having problems with Poe breaking rules is canon....Poe confronting her and acting out is not. We cannot cherry pick the parts out of canon we like and throw out the rest just because w don't like it.

Huh? Where did I do that? I just explained that I didn't read the comics- and that's why I may have a different opinion...I never said they were not canon.

@panki wrote:
3. Leia might not care since she isn't a senator but she is still a leader and now that the New Republic has gone, the resistance will be looked upon to keep the galaxy safe. Hence, she is not some free agent running amok- she is the leader of something big and her upbringing as a princess and a leader will prevent her from acting like some hysterical person in public just because someone confronts her about her son. If you read novels relating to her life, she has been trained to be a princess and a leader (and behave like one) from childhood.
Sorry but she has a lot to lose now that the New Republic has gone and she is a leader once more. And like I said before, she did not slap Ranslom over a family issue being aired in public...I highly doubt she will do it in Poe's case.

While I didn't read the comics I DID read all of the books related to Leia's life and even if she was trained to be a princess she did NOT act like one in every situation. But maybe it's like with the movies. Many people seemed to see a different movie and so some people seemed to read a different book. Nope

@panki wrote:
4. Saying that Poe will confront her in public about her son also goes against his character. He might be a daredevil etc. but the books and comics relating to Poe show that he was extremely well brought up by his father with lots of discipline and used to high stress situations, even comforting squad members who have trouble coping with bad sitations....it makes no sense for him to confront Leia and embarrass her since he respects her so much....for one thing, he would be aware she is Vader's daughter and seems fine with the fact...why would he suddenly decide to go crazy on finding out she is Kylo's mother?

Because he haven't even known Vader, but have been interrogated by Kylo not too gently?
You think people act all rational and never ever do something out of feelings- Real people aren't like droids you know? Even the best training etc. don't prevent you from acting out sometimes.

@panki wrote:
It makes more sense for the slap to be related to something Holdo says/does than have any connection to Kylo.
@panki

Well maybe you are right, it would be in character thinking how indifferent she is regarding her own son... No

I really hope it is about Kylo- not because he should be the center of every plot or something... but because it's time Leia finally puts her stupid  priorities right and not everything about work and politics... I'm not a big fan of her- if she is all about her stupid duties she shouldn't have have child. Selfish idiot.
avatar
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 921
Likes : 4346
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by panki on Tue 24 Oct - 14:52

@Night Huntress

I agree with you completely about Leia's warped priorities.....it is probably on of the reasons I am majorly rooting for Kylo's redemption and finding happiness...who in their right mind would expect a child to understand that their mother is so invested in something and neglects them?

I just don't think Leia slapping Poe if he confronts her about being Kylo's mother is going to change that....for one thing, the Vader reveal only made her found the resistance and seek out the hidden enemy...and it doesn't show Kylo that his mother cares for him since he wouldn't be there to see it.

I think Leia's realization needs to be more personal....either they need a face to face personal confrontation or have some conversation through the force.... it is a lot more emotional and addresses their relationship directly.

As for the comics- my apologies...I misread what you wrote and thought you were sidelining the comic story arcs. I do think Leia was trained from childhood because even in the recent Claudia Gray book, we learn how she was preparing to rule one day and going through the ceremony when she turned 16....also completing certain rites of passage.....going for the leadership program....even following protocols on Naboo when meeting the queen.....it all sounds like she was being groomed to be a leader from her early years....and would behave accordingly.

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum