The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 12 Oct - 15:51

SanghaRen wrote:@MindandMagic

I have a hard time imagining Kylo walking away quietly from anything. He’s too much of a drama queen Very Happy Maybe I am projecting too much but his reaction is very natural to me. It’s a “I am not going to let this mask define me anymore”, bang! It’s typical of people who contain their feelings and emotions. I don’t smash things because I am a girl who’s supposed to behave and I am not in a SW universe, but I tend to jump to the next step in my life in an outburst, after a lot of inner turmoil, rather than quietly walking to it. I guess levelling his reactions will be part of the journey.

It’s difficult to know exactly what is in his fictional head or rather what was in the actor’s head during that scene. I like that because it’s a very powerful scene and everyone can read it differently and “own” it - for those who actually pay attention to actors’ performances of course. Some will just see Diva Kylo breaking yet another piece of furniture. Did I mention how happy I am with this scene? A million times already probably.  I was dreading that the TFA Kylo and the TLJ Kylo would not match, that it would not feel like an organic character development, but everything in the trailer just feels right.

I am also very pleased with 2 raw power machines story. Seeing Luke freak out was a nice surprise - Mark Hamill, way to go! I am still riding the happy receptive wave rather than analyzing stuff. 2 months and 2 days.
@SanghaRen

I *love* when he smashes the helmet! The way his arm moves is so raw, yet so elegant and fluid at the same time. I've never seen Raging Bull, but apparently there is a boxing scene that is actually beautiful like a dance. That's how he punched that wall. Primal rage and beautiful movement at the same time.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 12 Oct - 15:53

SanghaRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Tex wrote:  

Agreed, I don't think they would show the ending in the trailer. However, I did just read an interesting analysis regarding the now infamous outstretched hand shot, which just adds to my love for this community. It shows the importance of lighting and based on the examples given it has me seriously pondering whether Kylo and Rey might end up in some kind of embrace? I mean there a physical sparks flying around them.

Link to analysis: https://mother-of-porgs.tumblr.com/post/166307108290/lighting-in-the-last-jedi-trailer-and-that-scene
@Tex

That blog is amazing! Thanks for the link!  cheers

@vaderito

Not a fan of reading blogs, but that is a good read indeed. Thank you. I don’t believe in an embrace, but then I am part of the skeptics Smile For the romantic part. For the rest, I am highly confident she’ll accept the offer, but I think RJ will leave it up to JJ to fully define Reylo in IX. My opinion so far. We shall see.
@SanghaRen

It really is hard to say how far they will go in TLJ with Rey and Kylo's relationship, but as long as Rian lays out the tracks, JJ no doubt will come in and steamroll everyone with Reylo. He's all about the fairy tale, prince/princess, bridal carry stuff. He'll go big and smack us over the head with it Laughing
Tex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Thu 12 Oct - 16:05

I was pondering the many different ways that the "Kylo extending his hand" scene while showering and I don't think I've seen this discussed yet. I remember reading what a leaker had said about Kylo and Rey escaping a Star destroyer separately and that Rey goes off to find him after saying she has an idea of where he is. Perhaps the "extending hand" scene will be a flashback to a conversation that Rey and Kylo had earlier in the movie that we didn't get to see until that particular part? It would explain the slow motion aspect! It kind of reminds me of The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies where we didn't see Bilbo take the arkenstone in Desolation of Smaug, but in the 5 armies he has a flashback of him taking it while the dwarves believe it's lost. Also, where in the heck does Maz fit into all of this if she's suppose to be briefly in it? My guess would be she's also a flashback of Rey's remembering what Maz told her about the longing she seeks.
nite0wl29
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 12 Oct - 16:13

I'm stealing nite0wl's signature gif for a second Wink

Idk if it's been brought up yet, but not only are there sparks in both scenes, if you watch, it's the same spark falling which means Kylo's face and then hand shot are exactly like this in the movie.

The big drop to the right is trailing past his shoulders and then it cuts to his hand and that big spark is right where it would be if these shots were consecutive.

So basically what I'm trying to say here is we're getting this EXACT shot and timing of Kylo looking at Rey and then immediately reaching his hand out to her. No time lapse between it.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 12 Oct - 16:17

Xylo Ren wrote:I'm stealing nite0wl's signature gif for a second Wink

Idk if it's been brought up yet, but not only are there sparks in both scenes, if you watch, it's the same spark falling which means Kylo's face and then hand shot are exactly like this in the movie.

The big drop to the right is trailing past his shoulders and then it cuts to his hand and that big spark is right where it would be if these shots were consecutive.

So basically what I'm trying to say here is we're getting this EXACT shot and timing of Kylo looking at Rey and then immediately reaching his hand out to her. No time lapse between it.
@Xylo Ren

Yes! There's no question that those shots don't go together. And there's no way he's reaching out to anyone else, even if that Rey is from earlier in the film. I can't wait to see her reaction to that gesture! bounce
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 12 Oct - 16:18

IoJovi wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:I just love the line by Mark:  Things are not going to go the way you think!!!

I love it, just a little hint to the audience that Luke is not Yoda and Rey is not his little Padawan and this is not ESB. Wink
@Birdwoman

Or Luke's daughter, for that matter.  Luke is no longer the bright sunny, optimistic kid we met on Tatooine.  Kylo MOST DEFINITELY did not get any darker by killing his father.  The man who was supposed to cut off all ties to the light is now grieving his father's death in the worst way possible.  And best (or worst of all, depending on which side you are on), Kylo and Rey will NOT continue be mortal enemies.   Oh, quite the contrary...
@IoJovi

Exactly,Luke's quote also reminded me of John Boyega's interview where he said the romance wasn't going to go the way people expect.
I really think people who say that Kylo and Rey teaming up are missing the point here. Kylo becoming Rey's teacher makes perfect sense story wise and it brings them full circle from where TFA left them.It was hinted even back then that something like this would happen with Kylo realizing how dangerous Rey could be to telling he he could show her the ways of the Force. TLJ will probably start with him wanting to prove himself to Snoke and how he's more powerful than Rey so it would be a really great and interesting arc for him from going to wanting to defeat her to wanting to help her. With Rey she learned she had this powers in TFA but had no time to process what this means or how dangerous she could potentially be so her story in TLJ would be having to learn to control these powers and seeing Kylo in a new light and possibly accepting him as the person who can help her with her powers instead of the monster she believed him to be in TFA.
I really like how the movie can potentially show us s the consequences of having all these powers and having to learn to control them,that it's not easy and it's much more than light and dark.If you think about it in the OT Luke's training happened in the span of days/weeks and we him finishing his training happened off screen and the PT never showed is Anakin's training either which is why I'm really excited for the this movie and watching an actual training happen(even if it's not Luke training Rey and it's Rey attempting to do it by herself)and why I hope that Rey does take Kylo's hand because it would be a really great subversion of what happened in ESB with Luke rejecting Vader's proposal and will be a nice surprise to the GA who wouldn't expect that not to mention yet another iconic moment between the two(the first being the snow fight).

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Thu 12 Oct - 16:18

@Xylo Ren

Great catch!!! I never doubted that it was the same frame, but that sure makes it a lot more clear! Very Happy
nite0wl29
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 12 Oct - 16:26

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Xylo Ren

Yes! There's no question that those shots don't go together. And there's no way he's reaching out to anyone else, even if that Rey is from earlier in the film. I can't wait to see her reaction to that gesture! bounce
@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh for sure! If that Rey shot is from earlier in the movie then I hope the actual shot of her in that scene has her hair down and with a similar glowing, embers falling background. I can only imagine what her facial express/reaction is going to be. Very Happy
Tex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Thu 12 Oct - 16:30

All of these Kylo gifs is making it hard to keep scrolling lol it's like *scroll, stare mesmerized for 5 minutes* *scroll and stare* *scroll and stare*
nite0wl29
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 12 Oct - 16:32

nite0wl29 wrote:All of these Kylo gifs is making it hard to keep scrolling lol it's like *scroll, stare mesmerized for 5 minutes* *scroll and stare* *scroll and stare*
@nite0wl29

LOL! And I thought I was the only one getting distracted. That look on his face gets me every time. Razz If Rey doesn't take his hand I will!
Tex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 12 Oct - 16:32

@Xylo Ren

Agreed. The only question is when and where it would happen?

Is it happening during Kylo's visit to Anch To, or amidst the Crait battle?

We heard of possible fire at both places:

- hut explosion on Anch To
- burning tree on Anch To
- Kylo marching into the Crait trenches (grampa style) surrounded by firetroopers (or whatever their name is)

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 12 Oct - 16:32

nite0wl29 wrote:All of these Kylo gifs is making it hard to keep scrolling lol it's like *scroll, stare mesmerized for 5 minutes* *scroll and stare* *scroll and stare*
@nite0wl29

Right! It's like you get caught on this wonderful, hypnotizing loop! Lol!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 12 Oct - 16:41

I was sort of looking at these two shots from teaser and main trailers.

Here we have Kylo in pretty evident bad shape and in sort of defensive position or even to attack. It's pretty clear from what we know he'll fight only Rey and then Praetorian Guards. Doubt it will be Luke or Snoke. Snoke might only have telepathic powers mostly. We don't see much of his scar but safe to say stitches are gone. Something is burning pretty heavily and more importantly his face is pretty determined and angry at whoever is he facing ...

Picture 1 - Kylo Angry, Defensive, Imma Kick Some a**.

... and that someone is most likely Rey.

Here we have reflection of a blue lightsaber in his eye. Rey is wielding a blue lightsaber, not Luke. Kylo has plenty of reasons to be mad at her. It would be logical, because she kicked his a** and Snoke presumably wants her. As we said, Good Boy Kylo is unlikely to arrive at Ach-To.

Picture 1 - Extended Hand Gesture

Here is Kylo calm, sort of a nervous and reaching out to Rey. Absolute opposite of previous shot.

We know that Kylo arrives and they battle, Picture 1 Kylo is ready to fight which would be leading up to a cliff scene,she falls or something else. Then they have a talk in a more civil manner. Presumably Luke interrupts it ...

but here we have completely darker enviroment/no big fire around like in previous two shots, and doubt so much fire would be caused by even  hut explosion.

Burning tree could be giving that much of fire but Picture 1 and Picture 2 cannot be at the same time, because very doubtful Kylo would in the middle of the fight suddenly turned around (Rey falls off the cliff) or nor do we have two fires at Ach-To. Not to mention doubt that tree would be still burning or they'd be around it. That must be happening later on in the hut ... hence why extended hand gesture and him being ready (Picture 2) to fight (Picture 1) are on two different places.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, so then excuse my ramblings. Just an idea.
DarthRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 12 Oct - 17:02

@DarthRen Agreed, the image with a big fire is not the same scene as the slo mo embers. If I could guess, big fire precedes slo mo embers. probably that's where Kylo confronts Rey first, wants revenge, blah, blah. Slo mo embers are later, I can't even figure out where (Ahch-to? Crait? Inside a ship/base?). Like, image from your sig has embers too but it isn't the same scene cause your sig has embers falling fast in front of the glass and Kylo, while the trailer ending has embers falling in slo mo behind Kylo. So tough to know but we'll try to piece together as much as we can.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomObserver on Thu 12 Oct - 17:02

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Xylo Ren

Agreed. The only question is when and where it would happen?

Is it happening during Kylo's visit to Anch To, or amidst the Crait battle?

We heard of possible fire at both places:

- hut explosion on Anch To
- burning tree on Anch To
- Kylo marching into the Crait trenches (grampa style) surrounded by firetroopers (or whatever their name is)
@Darth_Awakened

I think it's on Ahch-To. My gut instinct is that most of the heavy emotional conflict between Rey and Kylo Ren is going to happen there. I do think it'll be huge on Crait as well, but if this is in the same scene/sequence of scenes, I'm willing to bet it's on Ahch-To and she's letting her guard down after being conflicted from Luke's coldness. Just think, we have 2 and a HALF hours of this movie, and from Mark Hamill's response, the trailer was a mere glimpse of what's to come. I am all about the conflict and emotional turmoil before they unite. Bring it on. Twisted Evil
RandomObserver
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 12 Oct - 17:04

I think what we’re getting is the Dark Luke scenario that’s been around since ESB. Both with Ben and the idea both Kasdan and Mark Hamill had about what if Luke went off with Vader. Which a lot of reaction is thinking it means Kylo is going to try and seduce Rey to the Darkside. But it doesn’t work that way. So far he’s the one who gets seduced in their interactions and what it likely instead means the two of them reject their sides/leaders because the old way doesn’t work anymore. This is both sides but also something new. Which they have to work together to control and fix the larger problem.

Also if Luke refuses to train her because she’s the “there is another” of the trilogy to Ben, doesn’t that seem a little irresponsible? Like not going to do anything, it isn’t going to go away. Isn’t there like some Jedi Master code of ethics (though sounds like he’s done being Jedi) that he breaks by turning her away? And it may drive her (probably will drive her) straight to Kylo. Question is, how far along is he to being ready to break from Snoke because being a DSer isn’t working any better for him? They have to realize that the way to makes sense of it and control it is together
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomObserver on Thu 12 Oct - 17:10

snufkin wrote:I think what we’re getting is the Dark Luke scenario that’s been around since ESB. Both with Ben and the idea both Kasdan and Mark Hamill had about what if Luke went off with Vader. Which a lot of reaction is thinking it means Kylo is going to try and seduce Rey to the Darkside. But it doesn’t work that way. So far he’s the one who gets seduced in their interactions and what it likely instead means the two of them reject their sides/leaders because the old way doesn’t work anymore. This is both sides but also something new. Which they have to work together to control and fix the larger problem.

Also if Luke refuses to train her because she’s the “there is another” of the trilogy to Ben, doesn’t that seem a little irresponsible? Like not going to do anything, it isn’t going to go away. Isn’t there like some Jedi Master code of ethics (though sounds like he’s done being Jedi) that he breaks by turning her away? And it may drive her (probably will drive her) straight to Kylo. Question is, how far along is he to being ready to break from Snoke because being a DSer isn’t working any better for him? They have to realize that the way to makes sense of it and control it is together
@snufkin

My money is on him already being really broken from Han's death and what it cost him. He'll have a lot of rage, but Rey has significant power over him, and she's a game changer in his life. I think if anyone has the power to bring him back, it's her. If Luke is dealing with internal blame for what happened and his failure to prevent it, I think it's very likely he's abandoned a lot of the Jedi ways, even if it's still within him. Maybe he'll reason that by not training her, he's securing others from being hurt, though it's most likely the other way around. I'm so excited to see MH's performance.
RandomObserver
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 12 Oct - 17:13

I'll just take a moment to praise Snoke's hamtastic line delivery. Love him so much! very excited for the character. cheers cheers cheers
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 12 Oct - 17:53

vaderito wrote:@DarthRen Agreed, the image with a big fire is not the same scene as the slo mo embers. If I could guess, big fire precedes slo mo embers. probably that's where Kylo confronts Rey first, wants revenge, blah, blah. Slo mo embers are later, I can't even figure out where (Ahch-to? Crait? Inside a ship/base?). Like, image from your sig has embers too but it isn't the same scene cause your sig has embers falling fast in front of the glass and Kylo, while the trailer ending has embers falling in slo mo behind Kylo. So tough to know but we'll try to piece together as much as we can.
@vaderito

I thought Picture 1 was from later on in the movie but hen why would Kylo be mad at her? They have to progress from that.

As we had debate before. If Kylo offers his help to Rey, she accepts and then he takes her to Snoke. Who would torture her. That wouldn't make too much sense either because again no progress for them, because there would be a bit of distrust and Kylo would be fool because he knows Snoke and what he'd do to her. he underwent similar things probably and he wants to avoid that for her = this is why he wants to teach her.
DarthRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 12 Oct - 17:58

DarthRen wrote:

I thought Picture 1 was from later on in the movie but hen why would Kylo be mad at her? They have to progress from that.

As we had debate before. If Kylo offers his help to Rey, she accepts and then he takes her to Snoke. Who would torture her. That wouldn't make too much sense either because again no progress for them, because there would be a bit of distrust and Kylo would be fool because he knows Snoke and what he'd do to her. he underwent similar things probably and he wants to avoid that for her = this is why he wants to teach her.
@DarthRen

Agreed, that wouldn't make sense either. Narratively speaking and from the POV of character progression they cna't be stuck in a loop of repeating the same behavior or reconning any progress they make.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 12 Oct - 18:00

Tex wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:Just a random thought and not sure if it was discussed yet:  I had this little head cannon, that when Kylo extends his hand to Rey, she reaches out to take it, she walks closer to him or something, they look in each others eyes and boom!  End of the movie.

Is that too cliffhanger like?
@Birdwoman

You have no shame! I like that. Cool
@DarthRen

I don't think they would show the cliffhanger ending in the trailer though... Otherwise, it's like we've just seen the movie! Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

Agreed, I don't think they would show the ending in the trailer. However, I did just read an interesting analysis regarding the now infamous outstretched hand shot, which just adds to my love for this community. It shows the importance of lighting and based on the examples given it has me seriously pondering whether Kylo and Rey might end up in some kind of embrace? I mean there a physical sparks flying around them.

Link to analysis: https://mother-of-porgs.tumblr.com/post/166307108290/lighting-in-the-last-jedi-trailer-and-that-scene
@Tex

I don't expect neither a kiss nor an embrace but I agree that the spark behind him gives some romantic vibe. After all, didn't Rian say in an interview that To catch a thief was a great film to rewatch to establish the romantic scale? Wink

For that moment, I rather imagine that something wrong happened with her powers and he is giving his hand to tell her that she ain't alone ("Don't be afraid! I feel it too"), a little like Jack tending his hand to Rose in Titanic or James Dean tending his hand to Natalie Wood in Rebel without a cause.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Thu 12 Oct - 18:08; edited 2 times in total

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 12 Oct - 18:02

nite0wl29 wrote:I was pondering the many different ways that the "Kylo extending his hand" scene while showering and I don't think I've seen this discussed yet. I remember reading what a leaker had said about Kylo and Rey escaping a Star destroyer separately and that Rey goes off to find him after saying she has an idea of where he is. Perhaps the "extending hand" scene will be a flashback to a conversation that Rey and Kylo had earlier in the movie that we didn't get to see until that particular part? It would explain the slow motion aspect! It kind of reminds me of The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies where we didn't see Bilbo take the arkenstone in Desolation of Smaug, but in the 5 armies he has a flashback of him taking it while the dwarves believe it's lost. Also, where in the heck does Maz fit into all of this if she's suppose to be briefly in it? My guess would be she's also a flashback of Rey's remembering what Maz told her about the longing she seeks.
@nite0wl29

That leaker paint like no romance whatsoever and Finn goes with her but slo-mo would be explained in this way. Nice idea, even tho currently still thinking that this takes a place in a real time. We'l have some Ben, Luke, Leia and Han flasbacks, a bit too much along with this.
DarthRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 12 Oct - 18:02

DarthRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:@DarthRen Agreed, the image with a big fire is not the same scene as the slo mo embers. If I could guess, big fire precedes slo mo embers. probably that's where Kylo confronts Rey first, wants revenge, blah, blah. Slo mo embers are later, I can't even figure out where (Ahch-to? Crait? Inside a ship/base?). Like, image from your sig has embers too but it isn't the same scene cause your sig has embers falling fast in front of the glass and Kylo, while the trailer ending has embers falling in slo mo behind Kylo. So tough to know but we'll try to piece together as much as we can.
@vaderito

@DarthRen

Kylo may be hyped up by Snoke, the fact he cannot kill his mother, and that the scavenger beat him up but good. So he may go there with that intent to at least capture her to redeem himself. In that first shot he is even blocking the right side of his face like, no not the face!

But, when he sees her it all falls apart like in TFA Laughing
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 12 Oct - 18:25

ReyofLightSide wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@vaderito

@DarthRen

Kylo may be hyped up by Snoke, the fact he cannot kill his mother, and that the scavenger beat him up but good. So he may go there with that intent to at least capture her to redeem himself. In that first shot he is even blocking the right side of his face like, no not the face!

But, when he sees her it all falls apart like in TFA Laughing
@ReyofLightSide

I think he's mad at Rey too, she abandoned him at SKB in his own eyes. I think at Ach-To among this rage, she'll show him some compassion upon learning more about him.
DarthRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 12 Oct - 18:45

SoloSideCousin wrote:
@nite0wl29

Right! It's like you get caught on this wonderful, hypnotizing loop! Lol!
@SoloSideCousin

Also every time I see this...

I also see this  Shocked ...

Tex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum