The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by MyOnlyHope on Mon 20 Nov - 22:52

I don't think "something" has to do with love in the slightest. It's an actual plot point, some ancient and mythological thing that binds Rey and Kylo together. It's the real reason Snoke is so interested in the two of them. It's the thing intertwining their destinies. Definitely at the top of the no fly list.

MyOnlyHope
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 20 Nov - 22:58

@MyOnlyHope wrote:I don't think "something" has to do with love in the slightest. It's an actual plot point, some ancient and mythological thing that binds Rey and Kylo together. It's the real reason Snoke is so interested in the two of them. It's the thing intertwining their destinies. Definitely at the top of the no fly list.

@MyOnlyHope

If we are talking about the “SOMETHING truly special” that Snoke says, then no, I don’t think it’s love either.

If we are talking about the Breznican article from EW yesterday where he says Kylo’s feelings are a mixture of envy, admiration and “something else he can’t pinpoint” in regards to Rey, than MOST DEFINITELY!

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 21 Nov - 0:07

@IoJovi wrote:
@MyOnlyHope wrote:I don't think "something" has to do with love in the slightest. It's an actual plot point, some ancient and mythological thing that binds Rey and Kylo together. It's the real reason Snoke is so interested in the two of them. It's the thing intertwining their destinies. Definitely at the top of the no fly list.

@MyOnlyHope

If we are talking about the “SOMETHING truly special” that Snoke says, then no, I don’t think it’s love either.

If we are talking about the Breznican article from EW yesterday where he says Kylo’s feelings are a mixture of envy, admiration and “something else he can’t pinpoint” in regards to Rey, than MOST DEFINITELY!

@IoJovi
Oh yeah, for sure. Not every something is the same something. The one from Adam's interview didn't really belong in the same story-related mix. Kylo feels... something he can't quite place for Rey.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Nov - 5:10

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@MyOnlyHope

@IoJovi
Oh yeah, for sure. Not every something is the same something. The one from Adam's interview didn't really belong in the same story-related mix. Kylo feels... something he can't quite place for Rey.
@MyOnlyHope

I had the conclusion from my first viewing that the 'something' is tied up with not just their connection (which we now know is whatever raw power is), but with whatever events resulted in both her abandonment with the instructions to stay put and her parents' disappearance. And that in turn is tied to Snoke and whatever he's been up to and Luke et all were chasing after with the Jedi, relics, the history of the Force, et cetera. It'll be interesting to see if the Force Lore they introduced on Jedha and Chirrut and Baze being part of the Guardians of the Whills ties in with that.

Speaking of R1, anybody else thinking we'll get a "Trust goes both ways" moment with the different character pairings? Biggest one of all being the treacherous bond duo?

I still think Diego Luna is the best part of this movie & can't believe they just killed him off for a one-off role.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum