Cinematography in the ST - Influences, motifs, and techniques

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cinematography in the ST - Influences, motifs, and techniques

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:28 am

I won't post the pictures here because they're NSFW, but I'm surprised that no one associated the close-up in the hand scene with Love, from Gaspar Noé.

Love debuted at Cannes and is basically an artsy +18 movie with explicit sex scenes, but the director explores them differently. The color of skin and extreme close ups of lips, hands, hair and genitals are the visual devices, to the point where you don't know what you're looking at. It's just skin over skin, with soft golden light, red hues and high contrast.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:07 am

Didn't see Letter Never Sent but from everyone has said about it in the past, I think it's pretty blatant how the storyline mirrors reylo in TLJ. People nailed that!
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 5:37 am

@panki wrote:I see a parallel between the trailer scene of Kylo looking out at the AT-ATs and other war equipment being built/repaired, and the Night of "Nations Pride" premiere red window scene in Inglorious Basterds.

While these two images are not exactly alike, I get the same sense of melancholy from them.....the feel of a person determined to finish something and about to embark on a dangerous and suicidal mission (with what they are against present beyond the glass- the FO war machine in Kylo's case and the nazi flag in Shoshanna's case)....I wonder if Kylo plans to take down Snoke (with Rey's help?).

@panki

I did see this concept art in The Art of TLJ that resembles the contemplation in front of a huge circular window

MrsWindu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum