Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by IoJovi on 11/10/2017, 12:57 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Could the trilogy be about...Rey's family and lineage?
@ReyofLightSide

LOL, I thought so too. Likely not but it would be fun.
@vaderito

I believe the official press release said this would also focus on a “different corner of the galaxy”, making it very unlikely it’d have anything to do with Rey’s family, or any other high profile character, like say, Obi Wan for example.  

I’m expecting a brand new host of characters.
@IoJovi

But Rey's ancestors are likely to be a brand new host of characters... Wink
@Darth Dingbat

I guess it all depends on how well traveled people are on the GFFA. What is the equivalent of a trip out of state? In a galaxy of a 50 million stars, is it the next 100 star systems over? Would it be an impossible feat to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other, making any relationships with those in those opposite regions impossible? I’m sure I’m getting knee deep in fanboy territory here, but it’s a good question because it has the potential to answer what exactly this new trilogy might be covering.

Someone should ask Pablo. I bet he’d answer this one...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on 11/10/2017, 12:59 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Please no Bounty Hunters! That horrid Jas from Aftermath books soured me on those characters forever.
@vaderito

Why, you're in luck! It just so happens that Suzie Sooppakok is a Zabrak, and I'm pitching this idea to Lucasfilm right now!
@Darth Dingbat

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on 11/10/2017, 1:02 pm

Most disappointing idea: It's a trilogy about Boba Fett. Three films. All about Boba Fett.

Second most disappointing idea: It's a trilogy about Jabba the Hutt. Three films... about Jabba's mid-life crisis. This is only the second most disappointing idea because I would genuinely be more interested in three films of Jabba's inner monologues in untranslated Huttese than in a Boba Fett trilogy.

Most crackpot idea: Rey and Kylo are reincarnations of two raw powah magical beings from 10,000 years ago, called Yer and Olyk. The new trilogy is the story of Yer and Olyk. Played by Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver. Twisted Evil
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on 11/10/2017, 1:05 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Could the trilogy be about...Rey's family and lineage?
@ReyofLightSide

LOL, I thought so too. Likely not but it would be fun.
@vaderito

I believe the official press release said this would also focus on a “different corner of the galaxy”, making it very unlikely it’d have anything to do with Rey’s family, or any other high profile character, like say, Obi Wan for example.  

I’m expecting a brand new host of characters.
@IoJovi

But Rey's ancestors are likely to be a brand new host of characters... Wink
@Darth Dingbat

I guess it all depends on how well traveled people are on the GFFA. What is the equivalent of a trip out of state? In a galaxy of a 50 million stars, is it the next 100 star systems over? Would it be an impossible feat to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other, making any relationships with those in those opposite regions impossible? I’m sure I’m getting knee deep in fanboy territory here, but it’s a good question because it has the potential to answer what exactly this new trilogy might be covering.

@IoJovi

Well, there would be oodles of planets that haven't been covered in canon sources at all. But I suppose the Unknown Regions would have plenty of unexplored territory?

If the "different corner of the galaxy" is meant to be literal. I mean, if the trilogy goes thousands of years into the past, even the known galaxy would be different.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on 11/10/2017, 1:06 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@IoJovi

he's been answering some stuff:

David Jeffery‏
@DavidJeffery15
20h20 hours ago

@pablohidalgo does this mean the Skywalker saga ends with episode 9?

Pablo Hidalgo [pretend this is a blue checkmark]‏
@pablohidalgo

I'd rather let Episode 9 answer that.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/928777993966665728

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on 11/10/2017, 1:06 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Most disappointing idea: It's a trilogy about Boba Fett. Three films. All about Boba Fett.

Second most disappointing idea: It's a trilogy about Jabba the Hutt. Three films... about Jabba's mid-life crisis. This is only the second most disappointing idea because I would genuinely be more interested in three films of Jabba's inner monologues in untranslated Huttese than in a Boba Fett trilogy.

Most crackpot idea: Rey and Kylo are reincarnations of two raw powah magical beings from 10,000 years ago, called Yer and Olyk. The new trilogy is the story of Yer and Olyk. Played by Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver. Twisted Evil
@Darth Dingbat

As a 20+ year Boba Fett fan, I will fight you on this every day of the week.  

Although your crackpot idea does sound nothing short of spectacular... lol!

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on 11/10/2017, 1:10 pm

@IoJovi: that's got to be the most disturbing picture I've ever seen. Shocked

I take back everything I said about Boba Fett, because I don't want Eagle Man to haunt me in my dreams.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on 11/10/2017, 1:12 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:  
Someone should ask Pablo.  I bet he’d answer this one...
@IoJovi

he's been answering some stuff:

David Jeffery‏
@DavidJeffery15
20h20 hours ago

@pablohidalgo does this mean the Skywalker saga ends with episode 9?

Pablo Hidalgo [pretend this is a blue checkmark]‏
@pablohidalgo

I'd rather let Episode 9 answer that.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/928777993966665728

@vaderito

This is Pablo's famous non-answer that could go either way.  I'm thinking if someone should ask him "Is it impossible or even unusual someone in the GFFA to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other?"  It's pretty straight forward, and I feel like this information outta be out there, somewhere, in a canon source.

@Darth Dingbat Too late.  Eagle Man is coming for you.  (That sounds like a new ridiculous Marvel hero, btw.)  When I searched for "Come at me Bro" memes, this one was BY FAR the best one....
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on 11/10/2017, 1:36 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Most disappointing idea: It's a trilogy about Boba Fett. Three films. All about Boba Fett.

@Darth Dingbat
I'am not afraid of @IoJovi's silly eagleman, because no one is strong as Darth Vader. lol!

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on 11/10/2017, 1:40 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth Dingbat
I'am not afraid of @IoJovi's silly eagleman, because no one is strong as Darth Vader.  lol!

@Darth_Awakened

I'd take all 3 over Rey/Finn/Poe/BB8 movie that KK threatens to make with if we misbehave. There's absolutely nothing interesting there.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on 11/10/2017, 2:06 pm

@IoJovi wrote:This is Pablo's famous non-answer that could go either way.  I'm thinking if someone should ask him "Is it impossible or even unusual someone in the GFFA to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other?"  It's pretty straight forward, and I feel like this information outta be out there, somewhere, in a canon source.
@IoJovi

Actually, I think I can answer this one. A ship can technically travel from one end of the galaxy to another in a relatively short period of time if they take hyperlanes....hyperlanes are alternate dimensions so time works differently so one reaches places faster and ships don't collide with one another if one gets on a lane....but to get onto a lane, a person has to be a genius pilot or have a droid to make the right calculations.

So if a person needs to get to a planet on a hyperspace lane, they just need to make the correct number of planetary hops to get there....if their destination isn't on a lane, they reach the nearest point on the lane, then drop off and take a regular lane to that planet.

That is why we even have stories like Adventures in Wild Space where a family from a core world planet ends up exploring wild space, which lies beyond known GFFA, with travel being so fast and simple. I think lots of ships have gone from one end of the galaxy to the other at some point of time.

Here is a canon map with the hyperlanes depicted.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on 11/10/2017, 2:41 pm

So he sold his soul to the devil mouse! Haha just kidding.
So they are very happy with his story-ideas and his vision, so he's gonna write and direct the first one of this new saga.

Understandable that Disney wants to put more SW out because of their investment in the franchise.
Maybe some of SW is getting "matured up" with this new saga or the tv-show (a girl can hope)
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on 11/14/2017, 8:44 am

I knew Thor Skywalker would do a couple of videos speculating about & discussing with fans what RJ's new trilogy might be about in the first week after the official announcement (and yes, he acknowledges that not much is known and that RJ only probably has rough concepts at this point).

His ideas on what it might explore: Time period of the PT or just slightly before. Precursor to Snoke (I think yes, perhaps, because Rian did say we weren't going to learn much about Snoke's background in TLJ, so it probably needs to be explored more). Another corner of the universe exploring and learning about The Force for the first time. Or ending the Jedi altogether (brought it up, doesn't really think this will happen). Learning about Kyber Crystals.

-Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REYLO
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on 11/14/2017, 11:06 am

Mod note: since this thread isn't about The Last Jedi or Episode IX, it has been moved to the Takodana Woods subforum for organizational purposes.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down