Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced!

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/star-wars-padme-amidala-young-adult-novel-way/

I am so excited! Padmé is a character that definetly deserves more stories, so I am glad that she is finaly getting her own novel. What do you all think? Are you excited as well? Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Re: Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced!

Post by Irina de France on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

THANK THE LORD, because boy am I not satisfied on how Padmé's been treated so far by Disney. That novel better be good!

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

You were fatser than me on creating a thread for the Padme novel(Laughing ) but I'm so glad Padme's finally getting a novel of her own.Seriously, the last time she got her own novel was in 1999 after TPM was released so it would be almost 20 years without getting any new Padme content excluding TCW!
That's insane and LF should be ashamed of ignoring such a great character like Padme who's also Luke and Leia's freaking mother!

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:00 pm

well, I don't know. To be honest... I'm not so much into Padme. Somehow she never really got me invested emotionally.
When she died in RotS I didn't even cared Nope

It's a shame because she could have been epic... they are many alternate ending stories about RotS on youtube. In one of them Padme tried to kill Anakin herself on Mustafar when she realized what he had become. That would have been awesome! But for some reason GL decided to make her this week uninteresting (and sorry stupid) woman who died of a broken heart (really? L-puke ). I rather she would have been really killed off by Anakin.

So it's hard for me to be interested in any backstory because I know how she ended as this pathetic character at the end.
Night Huntress
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm

If Queen Breha's treatment is anything to go by in the Leia YA novel, I'm looking forward to what they do with Padme (I've only liked her in the episode where she tried to help keep the blue shadow virus from spreading all over Naboo at the risk of her life in TCW)....I'm hoping they explore her relationship with Rush Clovis (the whole statecraft and banking clan angle) and that we see more of her parents, nieces etc.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:06 pm

The Queen approves.

SO PYSCHED FOR THIS. H-beating

You think your dreams the same as mine.
I don't love you and I always will.
I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back,
I don't have a choice, I'd still choose you."
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars

SheLitAFire

Localisation : wishing I was a fly on the wall at JJ's pitch meeting to Bob Iger

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:09 pm

YAY!!!!

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:17 pm

Finally,

JUSTICE 4 PADME!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:28 pm

Yay! Even my 5-year-old has noticed the lack of Padmé toys, etc, compared to other Star Wars' heroines. I'm definitely buying this.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:15 pm

Now that I have more time to respond (I was at work when I saw the announcement) I have to say I'm really excited, because while I love Leia, Padme has some strange hold over me, even though I think GL made some major mistakes with the script (etc, etc). I think it was because I was 11 or 12 when TPM came out and felt a connection to her teenage character (plus I loved Natalie Portman).
I've always been fascinated with the political side of the SW universe, Naboo in general, the politics on Naboo, and the intricacies of her handmaidens and decoy system. I honestly don't know much about her life aside from the PT movies, so I can't wait to learn more. I think it's interesting they elect a queen on Naboo. I always assumed her whole family was dynastic royalty!
I haven't read any of the YA novels in the SW canon. Are they well written? Do we know who the author is? (I couldn't find that in the article.)

You think your dreams the same as mine.
I don't love you and I always will.
I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back,
I don't have a choice, I'd still choose you."
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars

SheLitAFire

Localisation : wishing I was a fly on the wall at JJ's pitch meeting to Bob Iger

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:32 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:Now that I have more time to respond (I was at work when I saw the announcement) I have to say I'm really excited, because while I love Leia, Padme has some strange hold over me, even though I think GL made some major mistakes with the script (etc, etc). I think it was because I was 11 or 12 when TPM came out and felt a connection to her teenage character (plus I loved Natalie Portman).
I've always been fascinated with the political side of the SW universe, Naboo in general, the politics on Naboo, and the intricacies of her handmaidens and decoy system. I honestly don't know much about her life aside from the PT movies, so I can't wait to learn more. I think it's interesting they elect a queen on Naboo. I always assumed her whole family was dynastic royalty!
I haven't read any of the YA novels in the SW canon. Are they well written? Do we know who the author is? (I couldn't find that in the article.)
@SheLitAFire

We don't know who the author is yet. I'm crossing my fingers for Claudia Gray, but I doubt she will tackle that one.

For the SW YA novels... I highly recommend Lost Stars and Leia, Princess of Alderaan. Ahsoka was decent (though I feel like a lot more could have been done with it), and I haven't read Rebel Rising... mainly because I got told it was written before the big changes for R1 occured and therefore, Jyn and Cassian's characterizations are different, apparently.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down