Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:11 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:I'am seriously developping a headcanon of Rey & Kylo doing some #RAWPOWAH sith together at Supremacy?

But where's Snoke? Yelling at Hux?
@Darth_Awakened

And I seriously hate that this is supposedly Act 2. It's such a climax material yet it's Act 2 while Act 3 is going to be boring At-AT, Beautiful Friendship and all that zzzzzzstastic crap. WTF?

@RosiePancake Thank you! The Rey and Kylo set with burning embers is believed to be the hand reach out so it kind of confirms that it is.
@vaderito

I don't think that Crait will be only about ATAT. I find it strange that they keep spoiling what's happening on Supremacy and keep the Crait arc secret, making us think that it's the remake of the Hoth battle and nothing more. We know now that the Vulptex will play a key role in shining through the darkness. That suggests to me that it will begin in the space on Supremacy, then on earth on Crait and possibly underground where something key could happen since the planet is supposed to have a key role in the movie. I really hope that the conclusion of the movie ain't Kylo and Rey overpowering the big villain in his throne room that easily and the FO ending up once again defeated Suspect
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:14 am

IMO, the timeline goes something like this: Rey wants to meet Snoke or something, she and Kylo likely leave Ahch-to together, Snoke demonstrates his power, Rey is in pain, Kylo intervenes, he and Rey fight the guards, Finn and Rose blow up the hangar (that spreads to the Throne Room?), Rey uses the Force (on Snoke or Guards or Kylo?), Kylo offers his hand...Rey doesn't accept it considering she ends up in the Crait base and Kylo leads Storm Trooper attack or something.

It seems to be Act 2 after Ahch-to and before Crait considering that Rey doesn't have a bruise when she meets Snoke (EW image, torture) but has it in the Force usage scene with the dead Praetorian. Also, burning embers suggest an explosion and that may be Finn/Rose work going on at the same time. Rey has a bruise on Crait so unless she hopped back on Supremacy after Crait, this is Act 2.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:21 am

Imo there's other Kylo/Rey interactions in Act 3 that they aren't showing us in the TV spots/trailers/articles. I think the final scene will be Reylo heavy but the footage we've seen so far is deliberately hiding any conclusive moments. That's why it's nearly impossible to piece together the timeline if we assume that those scenes are the only heavy ones between Rey and Kylo, which is likely not the case.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:28 am

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Imo there's other Kylo/Rey interactions in Act 3 that they aren't showing us in the TV spots/trailers/articles. I think the final scene will be Reylo heavy but the footage we've seen so far is deliberately hiding any conclusive moments. That's why it's nearly impossible to piece together the timeline if we assume that those scenes are the only heavy ones between Rey and Kylo, which is likely not the case.
@Lovely_Rose

Yeah to me, nailing down the timeline is a lost cause, and I don't even bother trying.  There's so much out there that we don't have.  I would just rather enjoy the new images for what they are, and let the movie tell me the timeline when it comes out.  If something dawns on me, which does happens on occasion, cool.   However, I'm not going to go out of my way to try to figure it out as I believe it be an uphill battle I don't think I can win.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:29 am

I think that hand offering scene is happening in much darker location than Supremacy is.

A cave on Crait would be more likely. Just my two cents.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:30 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:I think that hand offering scene is happening in much darker location than Supremacy is.

@Darth_Awakened

How many burning embers are there in the movie, lol?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:34 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:I think that hand offering scene is happening in much darker location than Supremacy is.

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

As much as the droplets of water (sea, rain, sweat) it looks to me that fire and water are the main elements of the movie. Hence the multiple scenes with the embers. (Fire).
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:36 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

As much as the droplets of water (sea, rain, sweat) it looks to me that fire and water are the main elements of the movie. Hence the multiple scenes with the embers. (Fire).
@Darth_Awakened

Something doesn't add up. Finn and Rose blow up the hangar. Did Snoke build the throne room by the hangar? Who does that? Rey is in the wrecked Throne Room. is it a chain reaction or? So many questions.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:42 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

@Darth_Awakened

Something doesn't add up. Finn and Rose blow up the hangar. Did Snoke build the throne room by the hangar? Who does that? Rey is in the wrecked Throne Room. is it a chain reaction or? So many questions.
@vaderito

Nothing seems to add up. Because we know so little. I bet all the crucial moments are on the Rian's no fly lists.

We can just pick things like blind squirrels right now.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:56 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Nothing seems to add up. Because we know so little. I bet all the crucial moments are on the Rian's no fly lists.

@Darth_Awakened

I'm now leaning towards that the scenes are different. Burning embers are everywhere and they put them in trailers to create sense of continuity even where there's none. Example, Luke's temple + Phasma walking through flames. So this is not the same. Rey's in the Throne Room but Kylo isn't. He's in a cave or outdoors at night.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 9:55 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

I'm now leaning towards that the scenes are different. Burning embers are everywhere and they put them in trailers to create sense of continuity even where there's none. Example, Luke's temple + Phasma walking through flames. So this is not the same. Rey's in the Throne Room but Kylo isn't. He's in a cave or outdoors at night.

@vaderito

Yes it’s difficult to make sense of the timeline. However after that japanese trailer I’m more inclined to think that the hand offer takes place in act 3 after the Supremacy.
I believe that Rey and Kylo leave Ahch-to separately. I would be to soon for them to team up. Kylo will probably try to sway her to his side but he still is a murderer in her eyes so she will probably call him out on his bullshit and tell him to f..k off. And he will need time to digest her words if he’s supposed to turn on Snoke for whom he rejected his own family.
I assume that Rey would be more understanding towards him after her meeting with Snoke and realising what a manipulative monster he really is. And if Rey and Kylo fight the PG together, I’m sure she will accept him as her teacher eventually.

Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:01 am

motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:02 am

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:I'am seriously developping a headcanon of Rey & Kylo doing some #RAWPOWAH sith together at Supremacy?

@Darth_Awakened

I think he will get the hell out of there... he is big and bad*** but he knows when to bunk  Laughing
@Night Huntress

I hope that Snoke won't let himself overpowered that easily by the rawpowah couple. That would suck if Rey all alone or together with Kylo would sort of "defeat" him already in TLJ. Btw, that shot of Rey looks very much like the Rainmaker explosing in rage in Looper
@reylo1992

True, letting Snoke be defeated would be anticlimatic. He has to gain something and I think that since Rey is on Crait with the Resistance and Kylo with FO. Snoke did something to him during their fight with PG and Rey then went bonkers on everyone, like Rainmaker in Looper.

We have image of Rey with her bruise with Finn, maybe even Poe and that means battle of Crait continues beyond SUpremacy. Only reason why is Kylo with First Order to me is that he has to be with them, but not from his will. I he helped Rey, he's a traitor and Kylo would by helping Rey cut off ties with them. Only if that shot of Kylo marching with Stormtroopers is from earlier part of the movie but still I expect Snoke to do some damage too.

@motherofpearl1

Snoke defeated like that and everyone together at the Resistance? In my opinion unlikely. Something bad has happen to Kylo or in general in the throne room. Rey wouldn't look like that unless she had a reason to went bonkers on someone, that someone should be Snoke. Who else.

Crait is happenig even after Supremacy but like a geneal battle, not that Rey is fighting there too. She just probably gets there on MF or some other ship with Finn, Rose and BB-8. Kylo is either left behind or something has happened. In general I don't think Kylo and Rey ends up in the same place at the end of the movie for dramatic reasons.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:03 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

Yes it’s difficult to make sense of the timeline. However after that japanese trailer I’m more inclined to think that the hand offer takes place in act 3 after the Supremacy.
I believe that Rey and Kylo leave Ahch-to separately. I would be to soon for them to team up. Kylo will probably try to sway her to his side but he still is a murderer in her eyes so she will probably call him out on his bullshit and tell him to f..k off. And he will need time to digest her words if he’s supposed to turn on Snoke for whom he rejected his own family.
I assume that Rey would be more understanding towards him after her meeting with Snoke and realising what a manipulative monster he really is. And if Rey and Kylo fight the PG together, I’m sure she will accept him as her teacher eventually.

@Darth_marshmallow

I have a feeling Rey will try to persuade Kylo to come with her on Ahch To, but for some reason it doesn't happen.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:15 am

I don't meant Snoke bunks without having whatever he wanted from Rey/Kylo or both... I meant he will flee to safety before those two bring the Supremacy down with their RAAWHHPOWAHHH. He won't be defeated... that would be too easy and we still need a Villain in IX Wink

As for Kylo leading the troopers on Crait... I think it's from earlier of the battle before Supremacy- or Kylo will use the chaos to manipulate the battle somehow from the inside. But to be honest...I can't imagine him going back to fight for the FO after turning against Snoke. I don't think Snoke would trust him enough for that after his treason.
Night Huntress
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:19 am

@motherofpearl1

her timeline isn't always on point (Supremacy is definitely before Crait) but attention to detail is incredible, though sometimes a bit over earnest.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:22 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Darth_marshmallow wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

@Darth_marshmallow

I have a feeling Rey will try to persuade Kylo to come with her on Ahch To, but for some reason it doesn't happen.
@motherofpearl1

Yes, it’s possible she would also try to influence him (learning a bit of his backstory) but I doubt they will reach an understanding on Ahch-to.
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:45 am

I still think that 'outstretched hand' happens at the end of the movie. I have this weird feeling he'll ask her to go with him, and she does - much to the horror of her friends.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:06 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

I think he will get the hell out of there... he is big and bad*** but he knows when to bunk  Laughing
@Night Huntress

I hope that Snoke won't let himself overpowered that easily by the rawpowah couple. That would suck if Rey all alone or together with Kylo would sort of "defeat" him already in TLJ. Btw, that shot of Rey looks very much like the Rainmaker explosing in rage in Looper
@reylo1992

True, letting Snoke be defeated would be anticlimatic. He has to gain something and I think that since Rey is on Crait with the Resistance and Kylo with FO. Snoke did something to him during their fight with PG and Rey then went bonkers on everyone, like Rainmaker in Looper.

We have image of Rey with her bruise with Finn, maybe even Poe and that means battle of Crait continues beyond SUpremacy. Only reason why is Kylo with First Order to me is that he has to be with them, but not from his will. I he helped Rey, he's a traitor and Kylo would by helping Rey cut off ties with them. Only if that shot of Kylo marching with Stormtroopers is from earlier part of the movie but still I expect Snoke to do some damage too.

@motherofpearl1

Snoke defeated like that and everyone together at the Resistance? In my opinion unlikely. Something bad has happen to Kylo or in general in the throne room. Rey wouldn't look like that unless she had a reason to went bonkers on someone, that someone should be Snoke. Who else.

Crait is happenig even after Supremacy but like a geneal battle, not that Rey is fighting there too. She just probably gets there on MF or some other ship with Finn, Rose and BB-8. Kylo is either left behind or something has happened. In general I don't think Kylo and Rey ends up in the same place at the end of the movie for dramatic reasons.
@DarthRen

Can't agree more with you there. Until I see something that clearly debunks it, I will continue to believe - given the evolution of Finn and Rey's costumes and the physical conditions - in the idea that the real climax happens on on Crait and is kept very well hidden by the SW crew.

Now, it's my personal interpretation on how things shall end up but I would say that regarding the final outcome I personally exclude:

1) Any scenario with Luke, Kylo and Rey ending up all by the same side, which means:
- A scenario where all three would go dark (=game over for the Resistance)
- A scenario where all three would go light (=game over for Snoke)

2) Any scenario that would make Luke the center of Episode 9, which means:
- A scenario where Kylo and Rey would both go dark and Luke having to go after them
- A scenario where Luke would go dark and Kylo and Rey having to go after him

So what remains IMO is either:
Scenario 1: Rey going dark or something terrible happening to her
Scenario 2: Something terrible happening to Kylo

Although I don't exclude Scenario 1, I don't believe really in this because:
1) If Rey ends up with Finn - and supposedly with Poe on the MF at some point - after going through this...

...then I ask myself in which circumstances she would she ever go to the DS and/or join Snoke
2) We already know that Rey will most probably go through terrible test in the throne room, so why would she experience something even more terrible on Crait Question
3) We know that Rey ends up at some point piloting the MF with her new outfit and her bruise, she supposedly meets Poe on the MF somewhen by the end of the movie and Rose is seen with her new hairstyle crying next to the ramp of the MF.

reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

I think we shouldn't assume that act 3 is just the battle on Crait. Kylo might be on Crait at the beginning and then go on the Supremacy. Even in TFA we had 2 storylines in the third act: Resistance destroying Starkiller and Rey/Finn/Han vs. Kylo. The last act wasn't just one large space battle.

It's entirely possible for the battle to last longer, and for the events on the Supremacy to take place at the same time as part of the battle on Crait. I can't imagine act 3 as being only one large CGI fest, like in a Marvel movie.

Or maybe the Supremacy showdown takes place entirely after the battle on Crait, and after the Supremacy is destroyed our characters will return to Crait (where the denouement will take place and they'll decide what to do in the future). Just because we've seen Rey with Finn and Poe in behind the scenes footage, that doesn't mean Kylo isn't there. Disney would never reveal this type of spoiler.

From what I've seen in promotions, The First Order has incredible resources. So, even if Snoke's ship is destroyed, that might not be enough to significantly weaken them. Meanwhile, the Resistance could win the battle, but at a great cost - in the sense that they'll be left with a handful of fighters and ships at the end of the movie. This might also mean that, if Kylo does abandon Snoke, the Resistance might actually be forced to work with him because they have no options left at this point.
rawpowah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:32 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I still think that 'outstretched hand' happens at the end of the movie. I have this weird feeling he'll ask her to go with him, and she does - much to the horror of her friends.
@motherofpearl1

That seems like an intimate moment without any crowd around. I am not sure they will reveal money shot like this from the very end of the movie.

@rawpowah wrote:I think we shouldn't assume that act 3 is just the battle on Crait. Kylo might be on Crait at the beginning and then go on the Supremacy. Even in TFA we had 2 storylines in the third act: Resistance destroying Starkiller and Rey/Finn/Han vs. Kylo. The last act wasn't just one large space battle.

It's entirely possible for the battle to last longer, and for the events on the Supremacy to take place at the same time as part of the battle on Crait. I can't imagine act 3 as being only one large CGI fest, like in a Marvel movie.

Or maybe the Supremacy showdown takes place entirely after the battle on Crait, and after the Supremacy is destroyed our characters will return to Crait (where the denouement will take place and they'll decide what to do in the future). Just because we've seen Rey with Finn and Poe in behind the scenes footage, that doesn't mean Kylo isn't there. Disney would never reveal this type of spoiler.

From what I've seen in promotions, The First Order has incredible resources. So, even if Snoke's ship is destroyed, that might not be enough to significantly weaken them. Meanwhile, the Resistance could win the battle, but at a great cost - in the sense that they'll be left with a handful of fighters and ships at the end of the movie. This might also mean that, if Kylo does abandon Snoke, the Resistance might actually be forced to work with him because they have no options left at this point.
@rawpowah

Crait will be happening probably before, during and after events on The Supremacy. We know Rey makes it to the Resistance with Finn and Rose, who then fight in speedsters. Rey probably in MF maybe even with Poe based on BTS footage. Luke has to hget to join the fight at some point given Oscar's comments about Luke at the end of the movie.

If we have everyone vs Snoke. Where is drama, tension and conflict? This just seems way too easy and simple in my opinion. Kylo's redemption should and hopefully a lot more complicated than this. If Snoke had a grip on him for all these years, he is an abused victim in a way. It's not easy to go leave him. Snoke must have some contigency plans in any case.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

@DarthRen

Actually there could be a lot of conflict. Assuming Kylo defects, he won't be welcomed with open arms by the Resistance. There will be internal conflict and mistrust between Kylo and Luke, Kylo and Finn/Poe. Maybe Snoke will attempt to control Kylo and/or Rey from afar in an effort to destroy the Resistance. We don't know yet. I never said he'll be redeemed and ready to go in TLJ - if anything, his redemption might actually be a gradual process that will be explored in episode 9. Like I said before, the Resistance might be so decimated in TLJ that they'll only be reduced to a handful of people with a handful of ships, in which case they will need to work very hard to obtain resources to even attempt to destroy a small enemy base.

We also don't know who else will be cast for episode 9. Maybe there's another evil character that will be cast, or maybe Snoke regains his full strength in the final installment, in which case everyone will need to band together to destroy him. We also don't know if Phasma and Hux will die in TLJ, so they might continue to be antagonists for the Resistance to take down before they even get to Snoke.

Another option is for Kylo to defect from the First Order and go rogue in TLJ, which means he might be fixing to ally with the heroes in episode 9.
rawpowah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:06 pm

@rawpowah wrote:@DarthRen

Actually there could be a lot of conflict. Assuming Kylo defects, he won't be welcomed with open arms by the Resistance. There will be internal conflict and mistrust between Kylo and Luke, Kylo and Finn/Poe. Maybe Snoke will attempt to control Kylo and/or Rey from afar in an effort to destroy the Resistance. We don't know yet. I never said he'll be redeemed and ready to go in TLJ - if anything, his redemption might actually be a gradual process that will be explored in episode 9. Like I said before, the Resistance might be so decimated in TLJ that they'll only be reduced to a handful of people with a handful of ships, in which case they will need to work very hard to obtain resources to even attempt to destroy a small enemy base.

We also don't know who else will be cast for episode 9. Maybe there's another evil character that will be cast, or maybe Snoke regains his full strength in the final installment, in which case everyone will need to band together to destroy him. We also don't know if Phasma and Hux will die in TLJ, so they might continue to be antagonists for the Resistance to take down before they even get to Snoke.

Another option is for Kylo to defect from the First Order and go rogue in TLJ, which means he might be fixing to ally with the heroes in episode 9.
@rawpowah

If anything Kylo and Rey were presented as finding ther own place and that sure as hell is not the Resistance. If Kylo goes rogue, that seems to fit far more for him, having nowhere to go from that point. But we have Rey with Poe on MF and Finn on Crait.

Kylo going rogue offers opportunity go into UR, than let's have everyone vs Snoke or some other villain. Not really compelling and quite frankly generic.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:@DarthRen

@rawpowah

If anything Kylo and Rey were presented as finding ther own place and that sure as hell is not the Resistance. If Kylo goes rogue, that seems to fit far more for him, having nowhere to go from that point. But we have Rey with Poe on MF and Finn on Crait.

Kylo going rogue offers opportunity go into UR, than let's have everyone vs Snoke or some other villain. Not really compelling and quite frankly generic.
@DarthRen

For now, all we can do is speculate, because there isn't anything that is set in stone. Wink 

Kylo could as well return to Resistance, that would be humiliating for him, but then again facing the consequences of his actions is also a story worth exploring. Kylo going rogue could take a stroll towards him finding a way to destroy Snoke and revenge what Snoke has done to him and his family. There are multiple ways and I am sure whatever will be chosen will be compelling enough. 
As per Rey - she said she has found a brother in Finn, even if Resistance doesn't mean that much to Rey -  it's the people that matter.
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:53 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

I really think the "hand" scene is a vision/premonition Rey has on Ahch-to of what is to come with Kylo in the throne room scene. Kylo's scar is a lot more healed in the latest Kylo shot than in the hand shot. Also, Rey has had premonitions of Kylo before which started gauzy but became more visceral and somewhat different in real life. The sweaty Rey scene with the fire is visceral and real. Kylo's hand looks like a soft light dream sequence by comparison. It's two different settings.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum