The Heroine's Journey/Rey's Journey

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: The Heroine's Journey/Rey's Journey

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:56 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I have this weird feeling that Finn and Rey have two people in love with them- Rose and Kylo - and don't realise it yet.
@motherofpearl1

Hahaha no come on , I seem to read a shojo manga Laughing
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 9:40 am

@Teo oswald wrote:@PrincessPorg
I noticed it too

he looks up quickly that's because the force connection came to him first.
and then we see Rey accompanying the rebels and then she stops and sees him. it almost seems that Rey asks herself
"Is there still someone to wait?" the two look at each other
"no, I do not think so" and Rey closes the door.
  she takes 10 seconds to close the door. there is hesitation, and communication between them
@Teo Oswald

I love what you said !!!

giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 9:49 am

She had to close the door ... The first order was there.

I think the deep sigh when she sees him, is the sigh of a lover. It reminded me the emotion of the early days of first love, where only a thought is enough to stir up emotion. And it is the emotion of both. He who turns quickly to look at her and she who sighs. Despite being aware they are opposite extremes of war, they can't avoid to feeling in love one for each other.
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 10:46 am

@Teo oswald wrote:@PrincessPorg
I noticed it too

he looks up quickly that's because the force connection  came to him first.
and then we see Rey accompanying the rebels and then she stops and sees him. it almost seems that Rey asks herself
"Is there still someone to wait?" the two look at each other
"no, I do not think so" and Rey closes the door.
  she takes 10 seconds to close the door. there is hesitation, and communication between them
@Teo oswald

Hee hee, I wonder if we will get a scene in IX in which Rey parallels Ben's lie to Snoke by saying to someone in the Resisitance, "I closed the door on Kylo Ren! I didn't hesitate!"  lol!
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 10:51 am

Idk if posted here but someone did in the tweets but I liked what Daisy said here:

“This is where it proves that I am not the centre,’ Daisy explains of the film. ‘It’s not based around my character – it’s so much bigger than me, that’s an understatement… I’m like a cog in the machine.”

Affirms my belief that TLJ was mostly about Kylo's struggle and that this trilogy is about them both, not just solely her (dual protags)
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:50 pm

@giaciak2 thank you Smile I will re-watch the movie still think of my sentence and I will laugh in sympathy
@12 Parsnips ahahah and maybe one of the resistance tells her
"well done Rey but Why did you spare him, not once but twice?

and she thinks: damn it.....
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 12:47 am

@Teo oswald wrote:@giaciak2 thank you Smile I will re-watch the movie still think of my sentence and I will laugh in sympathy
@12 Parsnips ahahah and maybe one of the resistance tells her
"well done Rey but Why did you spare him, not once but twice?

and she thinks: damn it.....
@Teo oswald

Yes, I can actually see that....I have a feeling that Rey is going to be called to account for that just as Hux is going to ask Kylo how an untrained girl not only killed Snoke but all his guards....but mysteriously left Kylo alive...
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:33 am

@rey09 wrote:Idk if posted here but someone did in the tweets but I liked what Daisy said here:

“This is where it proves that I am not the centre,’ Daisy explains of the film. ‘It’s not based around my character – it’s so much bigger than me, that’s an understatement… I’m like a cog in the machine.”

Affirms my belief that TLJ was mostly about Kylo's struggle and that this trilogy is about them both, not just solely her (dual protags)
@rey09

Similar thoughts here. 

I think Rey's relationship with Kylo represents the overall bigger picture of the interaction between the Light and the Dark Side. They personify this Light/Dark analogy in a more human way. And that's why in the greater schemes of things (and I hate saying this), each of them don't matter to the galaxy. At the same time, to the audience, the complex relationship between these two characters enables the redefinition of the relationship between the Light and the Dark that previously has been portrayed as in an antagonistic manner. 

As unimportant as she is to the 'machine', she's important to us as a relatable character. And in Ben's words she's nothing, but not to us.
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 9:42 am

I thought something.
In my opinion, being part of a car, could means. She is just a brick of the star wars world. Star wars is also cars, war, strength, aliens, dark, light, love, politics, religion, Solo, Skywalker ...
It made me think that her main character served to give LIGHT to the character that emerges from this story. We see very little and yet, our non-leading BEN SOLO, is the true catalyst of history. We laughed at him in TFA, we hated him and finally loved him. Rey, Luke, Han, Leia, Poe, Finn, Hux, Snoke. Like a pyramid of light. Every story has led us to understand Ben, and today ... not only understand it, but also to feel compassion for him. Two years after TFA, I think (almost all REYLO) hope that Rey will bring back him home and have happy life with him.
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum