Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:52 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:Calling it now. "The Last Jedi" track is the Reylo track.
@MeadowofAshes

Peace and purpose could be their track or close to it. It has the vibe of the balance to be achieved. Kylo/Ben really isn't The Last Jedi and I don't think personally he'll ever be. Could it be related to Luke?
@DarthRen Last Jedi supposedly initially refers to Luke, but who it applies to changes. Rey and Ren are very probably joint "Prime Jedi". They aren't becoming the Jedi of the Old Republic - they're the progenitors of the New Jedi who will rise, if TFA foreshadowing is to be believed. Peace and Purpose sounds too smoothe to be a Reylo track at this point in the story. Ren and Rey's raw powah dynamic is intense and anything but peaceful right now.
@MeadowofAshes

We don't know if what applies to Luke as The Last Jedi changes.

What they want to achieve is peace and purpose=the balance. I don't think Kylo will anything to do with new generations of Jedi or that Jedi even continue in a new form, just like Sith ceased to exist. Most likely imo force users individually decide how to wield the Force. Light and darkness is in every living being.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:The Kylorenema person seemed to indicate while their connection is good, that there is something outside of the relationship that is still dividing them. That might give antis some fuel ... especially if he isn't in the mood to come back to the light. That same person said he was done with dark, but wasn't light either. He'd also be a major fugitive at this point on both sides.  These are all serious bumps.
@SoloSideCousin

These anons were also saying they don't betray each other and that they want to be together, but they can't because ~reasons~. Sounds very dramatic and romantic. To me, this is still very, very solidly Reylo and not something antis would ever celebrate over. Roadblocks in stories are built to eventually be overcome, after all. The fact that it's something OUTSIDE the relationship and not within it makes it even more of a romantic trope.
@ZioRen

I agree. And I am not some defender of Reyloismine. She just may be inarticulate on the anti thing. That's all I am saying. It seems like Tumblr folks sometimes worry about things we don't.

Anyway, I am much more interested in Kylorenema now, because her spoilers are great. What does anyone know about her? She keeps saying somebody definitely saw the movie.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

Thinking about it now, Kylo's saber being purified back to its original color sounds like it'd be more of an Episode IX thing than a TLJ thing. That symbolism suggests him being solidly on a redemption road to me. Which I doubt will be the case at the end of TLJ.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I wouldn't say she backtracked. Assuming for 2 seconds she's telling the truth the vibe I got was that they have amazing scenes together, an incredible connection and in her opinion things are looking very hopeful for the future of their storyline. HOWEVER, it's not totally smooth sailing (duh). Antis will be happy because there's no kiss, which I'm personally happy to hear.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thank you, it's frustrating cause I didn't see many of the posts first hand such as the antis & Reylos good/bad one, to make a more educated decision.... I agree a kiss would be forced & way too soon!
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyForKylo on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

If Kylo does leave Snoke and the First Order, I wonder if they use his identity against him (as Pablo has confirmed its not well known within the FO or Resistance). Snoke could make him the most wanted man in the galaxy from all sides with Resistance, FO, bounty hunters etc out for his blood. It would echo the Bloodline Vader reveal but this time the object of all that anger/hatred is still alive and at large. I would actually really love to see something like this happen.
KrazyForKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:The Kylorenema person seemed to indicate while their connection is good, that there is something outside of the relationship that is still dividing them. That might give antis some fuel ... especially if he isn't in the mood to come back to the light. That same person said he was done with dark, but wasn't light either. He'd also be a major fugitive at this point on both sides.  These are all serious bumps.
@SoloSideCousin

These anons were also saying they don't betray each other and that they want to be together, but they can't because ~reasons~. Sounds very dramatic and romantic. To me, this is still very, very solidly Reylo and not something antis would ever celebrate over. Roadblocks in stories are built to eventually be overcome, after all. The fact that it's something OUTSIDE the relationship and not within it makes it even more of a romantic trope.
@ZioRen

I agree. And I am not some defender of Reyloismine. She just may be inarticulate on the anti thing. That's all I am saying. It seems like Tumblr folks sometimes worry about things we don't.

Anyway, I am much more interested in Kylorenema now, because her spoilers are great. What does anyone know about her? She keeps saying somebody definitely saw the movie.
@SoloSideCousin

As far as I can tell, Kylorenema is only getting her leaks from anonymous sources. It's Jediwhinetrick who is insisting that she knows someone who 100% saw the movie and corroborates them. But I'm not convinced she isn't just referring to Reyloismine.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I wouldn't say she backtracked. Assuming for 2 seconds she's telling the truth the vibe I got was that they have amazing scenes together, an incredible connection and in her opinion things are looking very hopeful for the future of their storyline. HOWEVER, it's not totally smooth sailing (duh). Antis will be happy because there's no kiss, which I'm personally happy to hear.
@FrolickingFizzgig

What I pulled from it is that there's no overt romance and the ending of the movie is going to cause some anxiety for some Reylo fans. Probably because Kylo isn't definitively on any side (which was my ending prediction anyways).

But the way these things have been leaked is way sketchy to me. I'm sure JWT may believe her, but I keep seeing her and others use anonymous sources as proof of the leaks. I simply can't trust that.
@ZioRen

I found it believable at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think she just read the VD.  We know now it was a retail employee who got the shipment ahead of schedule.  I doubt that person was the only one who looked at it.  The Force Ghost stuff might be a good guess.

Also, she lost credibility with me when she said both ants and Reylos will get the good and bad. Sorry, but if we get ANY hint of Reylo, the ants have lost - period. There isn't much middle ground there. If she's talking about Kylo's redemption in the second movie being a bumpy ride, sure - I can buy that. Still with that wording she seemed to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
@IoJovi

What if Kylo bertrays Rey but we can see it really isn't a bertryal per se, he has his agenda and Rey would understand. But antis will see it as this, claiming victory. Basically both sides of the barricade seeing it the way they want to, which sort of fits ambiguity statement from Adam and Rian.

I don't think reyloismine has any reason to please antis, been on tumblr for quite some time.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:58 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Thinking about it now, Kylo's saber being purified back to its original color sounds like it'd be more of an Episode IX thing than a TLJ thing. That symbolism suggests him being solidly on a redemption road to me. Which I doubt will be the case at the end of TLJ.
@ZioRen

It all depends on what story they are telling. If stuff shifts to the Unknown Regions in IX, they may need an early Kylo redemption because things may become a joint effort between Kylo and Resistance people.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyForKylo on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

@SoloSideCousin

I thought she was referring to reyloismine, as jediwhinetrick directed people over to Kylorenema and she’s convinced reyloismine has seen the movie.
KrazyForKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

On another note, this Tumblr user's theory sounds totally plausible! It's about the slash we see on Rey's shoulder in certain pictures of her.

Omg, what if that wound on [Rey's] shoulder is because she slashed herself with Kylo's cross guard by accident since she's not used to it!
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

What I pulled from it is that there's no overt romance and the ending of the movie is going to cause some anxiety for some Reylo fans. Probably because Kylo isn't definitively on any side (which was my ending prediction anyways).

But the way these things have been leaked is way sketchy to me. I'm sure JWT may believe her, but I keep seeing her and others use anonymous sources as proof of the leaks. I simply can't trust that.
@ZioRen

I found it believable at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think she just read the VD.  We know now it was a retail employee who got the shipment ahead of schedule.  I doubt that person was the only one who looked at it.  The Force Ghost stuff might be a good guess.

Also, she lost credibility with me when she said both ants and Reylos will get the good and bad. Sorry, but if we get ANY hint of Reylo, the ants have lost - period. There isn't much middle ground there. If she's talking about Kylo's redemption in the second movie being a bumpy ride, sure - I can buy that. Still with that wording she seemed to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
@IoJovi

What if Kylo bertrays Rey but we can see it really isn't a bertryal per se, he has his agenda and Rey would understand. But antis will see it as this, claiming victory. Basically both sides of the barricade seeing it the way they want to, which sort of fits ambiguity statement from Adam and Rian.

I don't think reyloismine has any reason to please antis, been on tumblr for quite some time.
@DarthRen

That's possible but I think it some anons on tumblr told Kylorenema that Kylo and Rey don't betray each other which could be false but I'm thinking would Daisy called their relationship awesome if Kylo betrays her?

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:03 pm

@ZioRen wrote:On another note, this Tumblr user's theory sounds totally plausible! It's about the slash we see on Rey's shoulder in certain pictures of her.

Omg, what if that wound on [Rey's] shoulder is because she slashed herself with Kylo's cross guard by accident since she's not used to it!
@ZioRen

Marching slash scars. Very Happy

On the spoilers,  anyone know jediwhinetrick? Tumblr is a foreign land to me,  but does anyone know her well enough to find out if she is talking to Reyloismine?

@cienaree: "Awesome relationship." Right. Need to always keep that in mind. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:On another note, this Tumblr user's theory sounds totally plausible! It's about the slash we see on Rey's shoulder in certain pictures of her.

@ZioRen

On the spoilers,  anyone know jediwhinetrick? Tumblr is a foreign land to me,  but does anyone know her well enough to find out if she is talking to Reyloismine?
@SoloSideCousin

I've talked to her a couple of times.It seems like she joined tumblr a couple of months ago but she's a Reylo fan for sure.She's written some wonderful metas and also her Reylo art is great she's definitely trustworthy.
I have no idea if the person she's been talking to has been reyloismine but she seems to believe that person whoever it is has seen the movie for certain.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:10 pm

@CienaRee wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ZioRen

@SoloSideCousin

I've talked to her a couple of times.It seems like she joined tumblr a couple of months ago but she's a Reylo fan for sure.She's written some wonderful metas and also her Reylo art is great she's definitely trustworthy.
I have no idea if the person she's been talking to has been reyloismine but she seems to believe that person whoever it is has seen the movie for certain.
@CienaRee

Okay. Then that sounds good. The Tumblr people have relationships like we do. Maybe someone is lying to her, but if she trusts them that implicitly, it might be someone she has a good relationship with. If that person is lying, they are taking a risk with a friendship and with everyone jediwhinetrick could tell if this was not kosher.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:12 pm

@CienaRee wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@IoJovi

@DarthRen

That's possible but I think it some anons on tumblr told Kylorenema that Kylo and Rey don't betray each other which could be false but I'm thinking would Daisy called their relationship awesome if Kylo betrays her?
@CienaRee

Like I said, bertrayal might not be the right word to use, ambiguity comes into play. We might view it one way, they can view the other because they are antis. I think reyloismine sort of in my opinion implies on this. Antis will get theirs because we've seen them celebrating things that clearly means something different.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm

Thinking about all of this now, I wonder if Pablo saying way back when that Rey got the ability to mindtrick from Kylo's head is more literal than we thought. This may indeed be one of those things explained in retrospect. I wonder just how linked their powers are or if their connection can act like a sort of power channel even if they don't intend it.

I also saw people on Tumblr speculating that Rey was able to call Anakin's lightsaber to her because of her connection with Kylo too. Not sure that's the case, but I guess it'd calm down the SHE'S A MARY SUUUUUUE crowd if it was.

If there's ever a scene of them using each other's signature abilities (Force freeze for Kylo and maybe Rey develops one in TLJ), I might just expire in the theater!
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:42 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

Also, she lost credibility with me when she said both ants and Reylos will get the good and bad.  Sorry, but if we get ANY hint of Reylo, the ants have lost - period.  There isn't much middle ground there.  If she's talking about Kylo's redemption in the second movie being a bumpy ride, sure - I can buy that.  Still with that wording she seemed to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
@IoJovi

@DarthRen

@CienaRee

Like I said, bertrayal might not be the right word to use, ambiguity comes into play. We might view it one way, they can view the other because they are antis. I think reyloismine sort of in my opinion implies on this. Antis will get theirs because we've seen them celebrating things that clearly means something different.
@DarthRen

Adam has repeatedly said that Rian trusts that the audience can handle nuance and ambiguity. Personally, I believe in the idea that no side will really have won at the end of the movie. From what I've read above, Kylo and Rey may want to be together but there will be probably something that will prevent them from remaining together after their unexpected alliance. If not, I don't see where would be the romantic drama at all.

And I know that we have a hard time recognizing it as Reylos but there are IMO several hints suggesting that Kylo won't switch side by the end of the movie + Adam repeatedly  saying that he will  have a "truly unexpected fate": that kind of expression was never ever used to describe the fate of any other character. What can make one what want from this but from my side that doesn't scream to me "Kylo leaves the FO to help the Resistance" because this is something so many people want/expect.

The SW database made it pretty clear that Kylo is someone who first and foremost has personal allegiance and that his personal allegiance to Snoke will collide with his personal allegiance to Rey. It doesn't mean through that he will be willing to change his commitment to the FO to join the Resistance.
So the question is: what will he do once he indeed chooses his loyalty to Rey over Snoke's? What would be the obstacle at the heart of the romantic drama by the end of the movie? I.e. the visual dictionary makes pretty clear that he is the one leading the battle of Crait in order to defeat the Resistance. And if that indeed happens after Supremacy:  where the hell is Snoke? Why is Kylo still in charge of the FO ? And the same visual dictionary also hints at Kylo  kinda thirsty for power and cleverly ploting his own path. Plus Rian saying months ago "he is not Vader yet" and the Asian describing him as a "villain we can relate to" (still a villain).

[edit]

I don't know what it means in the end but I don't see why there would be any misdirection in official infos. I think that's fair to the Antis to recognize that not the whole stuff we get screams romantic Reylo in TLJ although I have no doubt it will ultimately happen  by the end of the ST.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no leaked book scans please)
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:04 pm

So hold on, what you all are saying is that Reyloismine:

1) started out really enthusiastically, then cooled off to warmish, then by the end was finding ways to avoid you and you didn't understand why;
2) gives vague answers and tas you try to dig deeper and understand what the problem really is she gets defensive and upset;
3) started out super excited about something and then probably got feedback from disappointed people and changed her opinion to be more inclusive of other people's feelings until what she was saying meant basically nothing and you were having to guess where she stands;

As a guy, I think that sounds super credible!

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:13 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:So hold on, what you all are saying is that Reyloismine:

1) started out really enthusiastically, then cooled off to warmish, then by the end was finding ways to avoid you and you didn't understand why;
2) gives vague answers and tas you try to dig deeper and understand what the problem really is she gets defensive and upset;
3) started out super excited about something and then probably got feedback from disappointed people and changed her opinion to be more inclusive of other people's feelings until what she was saying meant basically nothing and you were having to guess where she stands;

As a guy, I think that sounds super credible!
@Kylo Men

I’m skeptical of all of it and I see what you’re trying to say... but what the Suspect is that? Thanks for mansplaining things, I guess.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

Also, she lost credibility with me when she said both ants and Reylos will get the good and bad.  Sorry, but if we get ANY hint of Reylo, the ants have lost - period.  There isn't much middle ground there.  If she's talking about Kylo's redemption in the second movie being a bumpy ride, sure - I can buy that.  Still with that wording she seemed to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
@IoJovi

@DarthRen

@CienaRee

@DarthRen

Adam has repeatedly said that Rian trusts that the audience can handle nuance and ambiguity. Personally, I believe in the idea that no side will really have won at the end of the movie. From what I've read above, Kylo and Rey may want to be together but there will be probably something that will prevent them from remaining together after their unexpected alliance. If not, I don't see where would be the romantic drama at all.

And I know that we have a hard time recognizing it as Reylos but there are IMO several hints suggesting that Kylo won't switch side by the end of the movie + Adam repeatedly  saying that he will  have a "truly unexpected fate": that kind of expression was never ever used to describe the fate of any other character. What can make one what want from this but from my side that doesn't scream to me "Kylo leaves the FO to help the Resistance" because this is something so many people want/expect.

The SW database made it pretty clear that Kylo is someone who first and foremost has personal allegiance and that his personal allegiance to Snoke will collide with his personal allegiance to Rey. It doesn't mean through that he will be willing to change his commitment to the FO to join the Resistance.
So the question is: what will he do once he indeed chooses his loyalty to Rey over Snoke's? What would be the obstacle at the heart of the romantic drama by the end of the movie? I.e. the visual dictionary makes pretty clear that he is the one leading the battle of Crait in order to defeat the Resistance. And if that indeed happens after Supremacy:  where the hell is Snoke? Why is Kylo still in charge of the FO ? And the same visual dictionary also hints at Kylo  kinda thirsty for power and cleverly ploting his own path. Plus Rian saying months ago "he is not Vader yet" and the Asian describing him as a "villain we can relate to" (still a villain).

[edit]

I don't know what it means in the end but I don't see why there would be any misdirection in official infos. I think that's fair to the Antis to recognize that not the whole stuff we get screams romantic Reylo in TLJ although I have no doubt it will ultimately happen  by the end of the ST.
@reylo1992

Becoming Vader, Renperor is not something truly unexpected either. Unless Adam is wording the way to hype people.

Renisthekey is faf but I like that idea of Kylo and Snoke using each other and that Kylo wants to get rid of him, but need to go fully dark in rder to do so. People can then debate whether he's doing it for noble reason or selfish. Nuance and ambiguity. Basically rulling in his own way, preferably with his other half Rey and get rid of someone like Snoke. Ruling with iron fist but also not cruel like Snoke, only doing things he meant to do. Rey will probably try to bring him back, creating conflict for him, her and everyone else. She can understand him better than anyone.

I don't think Kylo will be Ben Solo in TLJ or fighting with Resistance, nor will he be under command of Snoke. His own path is the most logical way VD supports.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:43 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

I also give her to benefit of doubt. To be fair to Reyloismine, if 600 persons would PM me to ask about spoilers, I would have a hard time answering to all of them and choosing who I answer to. As for vague answer, well I also understand her. I will be one of the first person of that forum to see the movie on 13th. And honestly, I am already a little nervous about the answers I should give to people who would ask me questions. Except for a question like "is Rey a Skywalker" I don't feel like I should give precise answers because I wouldn't like to kill the fun for people who wouldn't have seen the movie yet. So I can already predict that I would remain rather vague, maybe too vague for some people.
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:48 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

I also give her to benefit of doubt. To be fair to Reyloismine, if 600 persons would PM me to ask about spoilers, I would have a hard time answering to all of them and choosing who I answer to. As for vague answer, well I also understand her. I will be one of the first person of that forum to see the movie on 13th. And honestly, I am already a little nervous about the answers I should give to people who would ask me questions. Except for a question like "is Rey a Skywalker" I don't feel like I should give precise answers because I wouldn't like to kill the fun for people who wouldn't have seen the movie yet. So I can already predict that I would remain rather vague, maybe too vague for some people.  
@reylo1992

If people ask, then they want to know. That's the easiest way to go about it. Some people may purposefully ask you to be vague while others want as much detail as possible. That's why we have this section of the forum vs the Q&A section in the non-spoiler area. We'll all decide which camp we want to be in when the info rolls in!

Personally, I could read a whole script before a movie and it doesn't ruin it for me because knowing and seeing are two entirely different things for me. Both are satisfying in their own ways.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

@reylo1992

You can use PM. For that matter it might be the best way for some real spoilers certain people want to know. I'm gonna ask you about few things either in the thread for it or via PM.

Last edited by DarthRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

I don't know if being guy or not makes any difference here, but FWIW, it does seem like she did get some pretty BS and entitled feedback, like it's her duty to tell everyone every bit of everything.  I know that would annoy me.  

Now maybe she thought just a taste would be enough, and maybe that's her mistake or maybe that's people being aggressive. She also might have gotten some wacky feedback from clueless people who thought her "Reylo is canon" post meant the moon and the stars.

Tumblr seems to be a very different environment from this board.  IOW, there seem to be much more extreme viewpoints there. So I do think it's possible that she thought she'd send people in the right direction and then a lot of people went overboard with their demands and expectations.

Something like that could cause a person to get defensive and to start worrying that people would go after her later if their definition of Reylo didn't match hers.

Now maybe she is big liar and antisocial ... but 2 years is a long freaking con ... still anything is possible.  I just think that this kind of non-nefarious reaction would be very possible.

Honestly, if I saw the movie and I was on Tumblr,  I wouldn't share anything on my Tumblr page.  It wouldn't be worth the entitled demanding b.s. of having to please everyone. I'd just figure they'll see it soon enough. And honestly, I don't know if her experience, whether she is lying or not, will keep others who might see it earlier from talking. I think it could.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:56 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:I don't know if being guy or not makes any difference here, but FWIW, it does seem like she did get some pretty BS and entitled feedback, like it's her duty to tell everyone every bit of everything.  I know that would annoy me.  

Now maybe she thought just a taste would be enough, and maybe that's her mistake or maybe that's people being aggressive. She also might have gotten some wacky feedback from clueless people who thought her "Reylo is canon" post meant the moon and the stars.

Tumblr seems to be a very different environment from this board.  IOW, there seem to be much more extreme viewpoints there. So I do think it's possible that she thought she'd send people in the right direction and then a lot of people went overboard with their demands and expectations.

Something like that could cause a person to get defensive and to start worrying that people would go after her later if their definition of Reylo didn't match hers.

Now maybe she is big liar and antisocial ... but 2 years is a long freaking con ... still anything is possible.  I just think that this kind of non-nefarious reaction would be very possible.

Honestly, if I saw the movie and I was on Tumblr,  I wouldn't share anything on my Tumblr page.  It wouldn't be worth the entitled demanding b.s. of having to please everyone. I'd just figure they'll see it soon enough. And honestly, I don't know if her experience, whether she is lying or not, will keep others who might see it earlier from talking. I think it could.
@SoloSideCousin

This all is very plausible. I'll readily admit that my sort of unfortunate first instinct is to assume badly of people who leak the way she did, because I've seen people with a similar MO who were just doing it for attention multiple times. It's gotten me a little cynical, I won't lie. People were getting way aggressive but when you're giving tiny scraps to a fanbase that anyone who is on Tumblr for two seconds knows is very on edge, I don't know what else you'd expect?
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum