Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Fri 8 Dec - 3:38

I sort of like that idea of relics being key part and Sith relics especially for Kylo will play a big part. Kylo and Knights of Ren are known hunters of Sith relics [they have Vader's mask after all, had Anakin's lightsaber] and exposing yourself to these relics might have messed up Kylo a lot. Actually it explains quite a few things but it also probably leads to Kylo's downfall. Touching all these relics Vader's mask, whatever they ahve collected so far or will can only mean bad things happening.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Fri 8 Dec - 3:46

@DarthRen wrote:I sort of like that idea of relics being key part and Sith relics especially for Kylo will play a big part. Kylo and Knights of Ren are known hunters of Sith relics [they have Vader's mask after all, had Anakin's lightsaber] and exposing yourself to these relics might have messed up Kylo a lot. Actually it explains quite a few things but it also probably leads to Kylo's downfall. Touching all these relics Vader's mask, whatever they ahve collected so far or will can only mean bad things happening.
@DarthRen

I know not everyone is a fan of having some sort of dreams, corruption by touching Vader's mask or relics, but I think in a way it works as a metaphor for substance abuse and the power it may hold on a person, especially if the person is already emotionally vulnerable.
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 8 Dec - 4:02

@SkyStar wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:I sort of like that idea of relics being key part and Sith relics especially for Kylo will play a big part. Kylo and Knights of Ren are known hunters of Sith relics [they have Vader's mask after all, had Anakin's lightsaber] and exposing yourself to these relics might have messed up Kylo a lot. Actually it explains quite a few things but it also probably leads to Kylo's downfall. Touching all these relics Vader's mask, whatever they ahve collected so far or will can only mean bad things happening.
@DarthRen

I know not everyone is a fan of having some sort of dreams, corruption by touching Vader's mask or relics, but I think in a way it works as a metaphor for substance abuse and the power it may hold on a person, especially if the person is already emotionally vulnerable.
@SkyStar

I think his downfall is rather complex Snoke's manipulation, him being lied about many things. But further corruption could be because of all these relics. I don't think Kylo hunted them because he's just a fan of Vader or dark side. It has to have some meanings beyond that. Even Snoke might have encouraged him to do so or Kylo wants to get truly powerful in the dark side. Maybe SNoke wants him to get stronger for whatever Snoke wants him to use. Killing Luke, Jedi, for himself that depends on his agenda.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 8 Dec - 4:09

@SkyStar wrote:She probably got overwhelmed when seeing the movie and didn't wait a bit to calm the emotions down. Happens. I know it's annoying and everybody is tense, but it doesn't mean she was abusing the power, maybe she just didn't think it out that in the end, it could have been better to do it in a different way or not to do it at all. Even if she wanted the attention.
@SkyStar

Well, if she is part of the fandom for a while, it's hard to believe she couldn't predict what would happen...

Did anyone know, if she mentioned that she will see an early screening? If not, she either kept it secret or she got the a ticket last minute??? Why exactly? Who did she know to be invited?

What's also strange - at the beginning she mentioned "the milk scene" as proof that she had seen it... something that was coincidently in the shortly after her "coming out" leaked VD.

Maybe I'm being unfair- it's not that I won't grant them seeing it early- I'm happy for those lucky people, but I don't like show-off behavior
Night Huntress
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 8 Dec - 5:15

@SkyStar wrote:
@DarthRen

@SkyStar

I agree completely. These kinds of things can represent substance abuse and/or trauma/PTSD and/or ongoing abusive influences in that there is something continually at work in you that is harmful to you and that you cannot shake off. IMO, the Ben Solo story should be a kind of perfect storm of lukewarm parents, an abuser/predator watching/influencing/terrible thoughts, scary abilities, poor guidance on the abilities, immature judgment, contact with actual dangerous "magic"/dark objects (there is stuff like this in the books, Acolytes of the Beyond, etc.) and significant personal tragedy happening at the absolute worst times. I just think that there will be a bunch of factors that this go Ben's way.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePancake on Fri 8 Dec - 5:20

@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:I don't know if being guy or not makes any difference here, but FWIW, it does seem like she did get some pretty BS and entitled feedback, like it's her duty to tell everyone every bit of everything.  I know that would annoy me.  

Now maybe she thought just a taste would be enough, and maybe that's her mistake or maybe that's people being aggressive. She also might have gotten some wacky feedback from clueless people who thought her "Reylo is canon" post meant the moon and the stars.

Tumblr seems to be a very different environment from this board.  IOW, there seem to be much more extreme viewpoints there. So I do think it's possible that she thought she'd send people in the right direction and then a lot of people went overboard with their demands and expectations.

Something like that could cause a person to get defensive and to start worrying that people would go after her later if their definition of Reylo didn't match hers.

Now maybe she is big liar and antisocial ... but 2 years is a long freaking con ... still anything is possible.  I just think that this kind of non-nefarious reaction would be very possible.

Honestly, if I saw the movie and I was on Tumblr,  I wouldn't share anything on my Tumblr page.  It wouldn't be worth the entitled demanding b.s. of having to please everyone. I'd just figure they'll see it soon enough. And honestly, I don't know if her experience, whether she is lying or not, will keep others who might see it earlier from talking. I think it could.
@SoloSideCousin

This all is very plausible. I'll readily admit that my sort of unfortunate first instinct is to assume badly of people who leak the way she did, because I've seen people with a similar MO who were just doing it for attention multiple times. It's gotten me a little cynical, I won't lie. People were getting way aggressive but when you're giving tiny scraps to a fanbase that anyone who is on Tumblr for two seconds knows is very on edge, I don't know what else you'd expect?
@ZioRen

She might have been dumb to even try. You'd think that a person would be able to just say something vague like Reylo is good, FinnRose is good and move on, so people could have some assurance and see the movie themselves. But now it appears to be an all or nothing proposition. You either say nothing or if you open the door, you better answer every question to the nth degree or you're being a vague liar.  

She could be a vague liar, or she could have gotten a bunch of nasty emails from disgusting people or both. I just don't think it should be a situation where if you open the door that people can ask anything of you. But if it is, then so be it. People just won't say anything under those circumstances.
@SoloSideCousin

I think where she fell down the rabbithole was saying Reylos should manage expectations and hinting that antis would partially be happy too. That's probably where the wave of anger started crashing in, because she was creating doubts intead of assuaging them. I think she also may have eventually drawn attention from people outside of Tumblr or from other forums. And they can be...well, not so nice.

With this sort of stuff, it's all about gauging your audience. I have many who probably don't agree with me, but I'm of a mind that if you don't plan to go in and answer a lot of questions, give your vague impression and then be done with it. Especially in something as huge and followed as Star Wars. Stick to your guns. Picking and choosing what to answer, and making teasing little posts, is how you start a fire you might not be able to handle (assuming that wasn't your intention in the first place. For some people it is.) But to be fair, I've had ample experience with this sort of stuff now and she may not have. I've seen the leak fiascos go down far too many times.  Laughing

She's at least lucky that she had some proof with the green milk detail in the VD. Although maybe it wasn't ideal in the end, since now people have a laser focus on her!
@ZioRen

Yup, very lucky i guest, she explicitly called it green milk just like VD's description, while the redditor dude called it green "sludge" because he saw Luke drank it and he said it wasn't a big deal, the audience never knew if Luke drank a green "milk" or not because the movie didn't make it clear that it was a milk, Luke just ...drank it and he didn't act like Gordon Ramsay and tried to explain what it was  lol! . And people start a war on reddit because of the "green milk", just like Sloth Anakin, it's all hilarious af lol!
RosiePancake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 8 Dec - 5:27

Sometimes I think I'm too far gone down the SW fandom rabbit hole, especially when there are so few people to discuss it with IRL. So it's rather comforting to read how other fans are having Reddit wars over stuff like green milk in SW. It reminds me I'm not alone in this obsession, lol.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 8 Dec - 5:35

If I could make a guess, I'd say that good things about Reylo are the Special Force Bond That They Won't Call Force Bond And That Likely Is What Prime Jedi Had, action scene where they fight together and UST. I'd say that the bad thing is the ending which Visual Dictionary may have spelled out for us, that he chooses his own survival/safety/ambition/whatever. Don't forget that he's leading the attack on Crait so something happened after they fought the guards (assuming that the fight comes before Crait as it seems so) that made him side with Snoke. Or maybe he just cares for Rey and his mom but really believes that the Resistance is a pest (I can't blame him, they are boring af). So that may be the point of contention - I'm not against you but I'm against those guys whose ideology you embraced. Something like that.

Moreover, since there won't be a kiss, it won't be considered a romance so 2 more years of every pairing staking their claim. VD pretty much baited every ship in the galaxy.

So, IMO, this is what we will get:

Reylo like TFA - we see it, antis don't or deny it, 2 more years of shipper wars

Kylo's redemption in limbo - he may turn away from Snoke but also follow his own path against Snoke (not with the Resistance or Rey and Luke) aka Rogue Kylo. Again, 2 more years of BS.

Finn's feelings come off unclear - again, 2 years of shipper wars

In short, if you expect everything to be clear and solved, it won't be, save who Rey is which is not related to anyone. It sounds like that one will be sealed. But romance, redemption, etc...nope.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Fri 8 Dec - 5:37

Has this been mentioned? It is a BTS with Christian Louboutin (frankly I do not see how evening designer shoes match with Star Wars? Smile ) and it includes a couple of seconds of shots with Leia, Rey, Phasma, Rose and Holdo. The Rose and Holdo are new, and for Holdo it is the only footage we have.

shots of interest at 0:58

Even if only 1 sec long I think the Holdo shot is somewhat revealing/spoilery? She seems all alone in the command area of a big ship/vessel and looks determined. Gives me "captain goes down with the ship" vibes. Likely everyone else has evacuated/left and she is going to ram the ship onto an FO ship, destroying both in the process. And it would fit with the comment that Mark Hamill made (let slip?) that Holdo is very brave.
What do you think?
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 8 Dec - 5:50

@vaderito

help me out, where did it say that Finn's feelings are uncertain? Because goddamn that is frustraying! To be baited and BSed again and again!
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 8 Dec - 5:51

Yep, she's alone which is a bad omen cause it resembles George Kirk in ST09. The cliche where everyone gets evacuated but 1 brave soul (usually captain), flies the ship, that conveniently lost the auto-pilot function and needs a manual, into another ship to save everyone. I also love it that the ship that had to be manned by 1000 people suddenly can be flown by just 1. Sorry for laughing but I always hated that trope.

Now, I can't imagine that she isn't going to ram it into The Supremacy and since she is on Crait, does this happen after the Crait battle? They evacuate the planet, Holdo goes straight for Supremacy?

@Rei of Sunshine Reyismine said that Rose likes Finn more than vice versa and VD had a Finn entry that says that the Resisatnce psychologists call his attachment to Rey "imprinting" (cause he apparently can't stop asking about her) but he knows it's something deeper. Now, this is clearly the beginning of the movie (right after he wakes up) but still. It may be played either way later.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 8 Dec - 5:59

@vaderito wrote:If I could make a guess, I'd say that good things about Reylo are the Special Force Bond That They Won't Call Force Bond And That Likely Is What Prime Jedi Had, action scene where they fight together and UST. I'd say that the bad thing is the ending which Visual Dictionary may have spelled out for us, that he chooses his own survival/safety/ambition/whatever. Don't forget that he's leading the attack on Crait so something happened after they fought the guards (assuming that the fight comes before Crait as it seems so) that made him side with Snoke. Or maybe he just cares for Rey and his mom but really believes that the Resistance is a pest (I can't blame him, they are boring af). So that may be the point of contention - I'm not against you but I'm against those guys whose ideology you embraced. Something like that.

Moreover, since there won't be a kiss, it won't be considered a romance so 2 more years of every pairing staking their claim. VD pretty much baited every ship in the galaxy.

So, IMO, this is what we will get:

Reylo like TFA - we see it, antis don't or deny it, 2 more years of shipper wars

Kylo's redemption in limbo - he may turn away from Snoke but also follow his own path against Snoke (not with the Resistance or Rey and Luke) aka Rogue Kylo. Again, 2 more years of BS.

Finn's feelings come off unclear - again, 2 years of shipper wars

In short, if you expect everything to be clear and solved, it won't be, save who Rey is which is not related to anyone. It sounds like that one will be sealed. But romance, redemption, etc...nope.

@vaderito

I agree, there will still be a lot of question marks at the end of TLJ, but I still hope and pray there are some answers to Rey's parentage and the various characters' dynamics with each other. The idea of two more years of parentage and shipping wars makes me physically ill... L-puke Sick

While I think there may be a possibility Kylo betrays or kills Snoke, he's pursuing his own ambitions which we still don't fully understand yet (other than he wants to finish what Vader started) so I don't think it's going to be as simple as Kylo taking over the FO as the new supreme leader. He can still go rogue in this scenario.

What I think will make it interesting and will continue in Episode IX is that his plans are going to get complicated by his bond with Rey (and Leia). While he and Rey may end TLJ on opposite sides, their bond (which will lead to some kind of personal affinity) to each other will make things messy in Epsiode IX.

Whatever happens, I agree Kylo won't be joining the Resistance any time soon; he obviously abhors them
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 8 Dec - 6:02

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:Has this been mentioned? It is a BTS with Christian Louboutin (frankly I do not see how evening designer shoes match with Star Wars? Smile ) and it includes a couple of seconds of shots with Leia, Rey, Phasma, Rose and Holdo. The Rose and Holdo are new, and for Holdo it is the only footage we have.

shots of interest at 0:58

Even if only 1 sec long I think the Holdo shot is somewhat revealing/spoilery? She seems all alone in the command area of a big ship/vessel and looks determined. Gives me "captain goes down with the ship" vibes. Likely everyone else has evacuated/left and she is going to ram the ship onto an FO ship, destroying both in the process. And it would fit with the comment that Mark Hamill made (let slip?) that Holdo is very brave.
What do you think?
@LesCousinsDangereux

Funny that this is exactly what renisthekey redditor described "Holdo is alone, refuses to leave the ship and goes down with it." It had according to that person captain goes down with his ship vibes.

Also how the Resistance basically lost almost, until they found hidden cache of weapons, speeders, old x.wings in Crait base thanks to Leia unlocking it.

In parts this sounds so fake and it others it kinda fits. Confused.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Fri 8 Dec - 6:06

@DarthRen wrote:

Funny that this is exactly what renisthekey redditor described "Holdo is alone, refuses to leave the ship and goes down with it." It had according to that person captain goes down with his ship vibes.

Also how the Resistance basically lost almost, until they found hidden cache of weapons, speeders, old x.wings in Crait base thanks to Leia unlocking it.

@DarthRen

Maybe only parts of the leak are true. Some - like the above - sound quite plausible, and the Holdo part in particular seems to be true. But other parts seem fake (4 colors of lightsabers, 3 force ghosts, KOR= ex-stormtroopers, Kylo at Mustafar). A 'leak' is not neccessarily all wrong or all correct. That's what I think at least.
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 8 Dec - 6:10

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

Maybe only parts of the leak are true. Some - like the above - sound quite plausible, and the Holdo part in particular seems to be true. But other parts seem fake (4 colors of lightsabers, 3 force ghosts, KOR= ex-stormtroopers, Kylo at Mustafar). A 'leak' is not neccessarily all wrong or all correct. That's what I think at least.
@LesCousinsDangereux

Exactly my point. 3 force ghosts, ext-Stormtroopers sounds fake but...

Blue, red, green and some other [confirmed that we'll see a new color of lightsaber] can make it, Kylo at Mustafar is plausible. If anywhere, Mustafar seems poignant to be his base.

It's like a weird combination of fake and realistic stuff.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Fri 8 Dec - 6:16

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@MoonFyre wrote:Guys, actually I chatted with Reyloismine in tumblr for a bit few days ago, when she just got back from the screening. She didn't give much specific info but she did tell me this:

- Yes there are Reylo scenes. But good and bad ones. Brace yourself

I asked her if one of the bad scenes is Kylo turning Rey over to Snoke. She didn't want to answer that because it's toward the end of the movie. But she rated Reylo 8/10 overall (she said she might be biased though) and said the good scenes outweigh the bad.

I also told her that I don't expect a full blown romance between them in TLJ, only that they will come into an understanding and become allies. She replied with the gif of Tina Fey sealing her lips lol. Then I asked her if I got it right.

Reyloismine: Half of it is wrong.

Me: So they'll just become allies but still at odds?

Reyloismine: Somewhat Razz

Make of that what you will.
@MoonFyre

Well I can't imagine them becoming allies and not coming to an understanding, so it must be the other way around! To me, this sounds like what some people have been speculating: Kylo potentially ends TLJ on no side.
@ZioRen

I think you are right. I think that she will have an understanding with him, but he will be his own rogue guy. If the Kylorenema/Jediwhinetrick stuff is right, then that information supports this conclusion as well. Basically there is a strong connection between them, but outside forces are keeping them apart. Super romantic drama there. Very Happy I hope those Kylorenema and Jediwhinetrick people are on the level, because I like those leaks a lot.
@SoloSideCousin

Here's where it gets funny: I'm pretty sure Jediwhinetrick is using Reyloismine as the basis for thinking the anons leaking things to Kylorenema are legitimate. If that's true, that implies that this is what Reyloismine is saying happens.

I wonder what the bad scenes are? If I had to guess, it might have to do with how Kylo acts when he first gets to Ahch-To. He may be trying to kill Rey at first.
@ZioRen

Yeah, did Reyloismine decide to just go through an intermediary?

Also, the jediwhinetrick person says that he does not betray Rey and she does not betray him. But that doesn't mean that there won't be some ugliness. Both of these people have tempers and Adam has a set of lungs in him. I could see Rian putting Adam's yelling voice to good use. And frankly, whether he wants to kill her on Ahch-to or not, he is going to be a mess and will not have tolerance for anything. That could lead to a nasty argument at the very least.
@SoloSideCousin

Jediwhinetrick seems to have two sources whom she believes is reliable: the first one could be reyloismine but the second one is someone who works in the industry:

Y'all need to know that I haven’t watched this film. I have two sources I trust without much doubt – one is a mutual who I know is not some liar, the other I can’t really talk about much because I don’t want to get them in trouble just in case – but they have ties in the industry. Those two sources were like pretty damn sure re: Rey is not a Skywalker.

I have two more sources that claimed to have watched the movie. There’s reason to believe both and reason to doubt both. Both implied or mentioned Rey is not a Skywalker. They also generally described aspects of TLJ but in ways that were mostly vague, although there were some specifics. Two of those specifics were in the visual dictionary leak. It’s possible these sources had seen the visual dictionary and then claimed to have seen the film. Or it’s possible they’ve seen the film. I don’t know which that is.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 8 Dec - 6:17

OK, I get it. You like that guy's fanfiction. But he is proven FAF. PROVEN. Please post his stuff in Crack. This thread is for real spoilers. Please. There's no need to confuse people.

@CienaRee Wjat "pretty damn sure" means? If they saw the movie than it's either 100% or the movie still didn't make it clear. I don't know why people can't state anything clearly. Rey is not a Skywalker instead of "pretty damn sure she's not". There's a difference. At least Reyloismine stated that Rey is a nobody.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Fri 8 Dec - 6:21

@vaderito wrote:

Yep, she's alone which is a bad omen cause it resembles George Kirk in ST09. The cliche where everyone gets evacuated but 1 brave soul (usually captain), flies the ship, that conveniently lost the auto-pilot function and needs a manual, into another ship to save everyone. I also love it that the ship that had to be manned by 1000 people suddenly can be flown by just 1. Sorry for laughing but I always hated that trope.

Now, I can't imagine that she isn't going to ram it into The Supremacy and since she is on Crait, does this happen after the Crait battle? They evacuate the planet, Holdo goes straight for Supremacy?

@Rei of Sunshine Reyismine said that Rose likes Finn more than vice versa and VD had a Finn entry that says that the Resisatnce psychologists call his attachment to Rey "imprinting" (cause he apparently can't stop asking about her) but he knows it's something deeper. Now, this is clearly the beginning of the movie (right after he wakes up) but still. It may be played either way later.
@vaderito

Yes, having one person have to stay on the ship is not really very realistic. But many things in movies - and SW in particular - are completely unrealiistic. (Most that have to do spaceships ignore the basic laws of physics - like even Newton's 1st law Smile ). So I am prepared to give such things a pass as I know beforehand they are completely unrealistic/illogical).

But now that I think about it and from your comment, that shot is even more revealing, if we try to think where it fits time-wise. I think you are likely right and the target FO ship is the supremacy.

Does Holdo appear on Crait? We have so little on her. I think one photo of her with Leia (in EW?) but not sure where it is supposed to be. I think we  have no proof she is ever on the Crait base. But can't think that this (her heroic sacrifice) happens very early? So possibly she gets down to Crait base, and then later is back in space again in a Resistance ship?  scratch

Are the fiery explosions we see in Supremacy from Finn and Rose's bombs or Holdo's crashing a ship onto it? Or a combination of both? Do we even have proof that Finn/Rose infiltration mission includes planting bombs/explosives? Could be they are only there to get info, or codes or to disable the ship from the inside (with DJ's skills, not with bombs).

But if Holdo crashes a ship onto the supremacy, then I would expect the Supremacy to crash onto Crait's surface (again contrary to the laws of physics; but I remember that we have huge crashed Imperial ships on Jakku in TFA, and they are mostly in one piece - not possible in reality. So spaceships 'crashing' onto planets and remaining in one piece is possible in SW.) Could be Rey, Finn etc escape the supremacy beforehand or go down with it, using it as a taxi to get to back to Crait surface.
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 8 Dec - 6:24

@vaderito wrote:OK, I get it. You like that guy's fanfiction. But he is proven FAF. PROVEN. Please post his stuff in Crack. This thread is for real spoilers. Please. There's no need to confuse people.

@CienaRee Wjat "pretty damn sure" means? If they saw the movie than it's either 100% or the movie still didn't make it clear. I don't know why people can't state anything clearly. Rey is not a Skywalker instead of "pretty damn sure she's not". There's a difference. At least Reyloismine stated that Rey is a nobody.
@vaderito

It's not about what I like, I do some parts. It's about funny coincidence of Holdo and this.

You can adress me directly. Wink
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 8 Dec - 6:30

Thing is....what if Crait is not at the end at all?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 8 Dec - 6:35

@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

BLEARGH "Imprinting" reminds me of Twilight where Jacob imprints on Bella's newborn baby which is basically pedophilia.

Part of me believes that this will be hashed out and watered down as the story progresses, and that Finn finds his own path separate from Rey. But part of me also gets PTSD flashbacks of Vampire Knight ending where we all thought Yuki and Kaname will finally be together, but he has to sacrifice himself for the greater good and she ends up back again with Zero.

I seriously don't want SW to end with Kylo gone into the Force and Rey left to live out her mortal existence with Finn because goddammit why can't power couples and two halves of a whole just have their happy ending together?!?!
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 8 Dec - 6:38

Funny how Renisthekey is only cool talking about things after they get revealed in TV spots or leaks (VD in this case). Rey using Kylo's saber? "I can't believe they showed that!" Rey and Kylo "Force Bond-like" thing? "He turns it off at the end!" Holdo alone? "She goes down with her ship!"

FAF. He has some good ideas but his story is basically a convoluted fetch quest. It's fanfiction.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Fri 8 Dec - 6:57

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

BLEARGH "Imprinting" reminds me of Twilight where Jacob imprints on Bella's newborn baby which is basically pedophilia.

Part of me believes that this will be hashed out and watered down as the story progresses, and that Finn finds his own path separate from Rey. But part of me also gets PTSD flashbacks of Vampire Knight ending where we all thought Yuki and Kaname will finally be together, but he has to sacrifice himself for the greater good and she ends up back again with Zero.

I seriously don't want SW to end with Kylo gone into the Force and Rey left to live out her mortal existence with Finn because goddammit why can't power couples and two halves of a whole just have their happy ending together?!?!
@Rei of Sunshine

Guys FinnRey's not going to be a thing they've emphasized over and over that they're like brother and sister JJ had to change the dynamic between them at the last moment because it might give the impression they're going to be romantically involved and Rian introduced Rose not to mention the fact that JB was hugely involved in choosing the role of Rose and doing chemistry tests with different actress.Even if they're not going to be explicitly having a romance in TLJ they'll get together in ep.9 for sure.Rose and Finn weren't paired together so they can have a platonic sibling relationship that's FinnRey.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 8 Dec - 7:09

@CienaRee wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

@Rei of Sunshine

Guys FinnRey's not going to be a thing they've emphasized over and over that they're like brother and sister JJ had to change the dynamic between them at the last moment because it might give the impression they're going to be romantically involved and Rian introduced Rose not to mention the fact that JB was hugely involved in choosing the role of Rose and doing chemistry tests with different actress.Even if they're not going to be explicitly having a romance in TLJ they'll get together in ep.9 for sure.Rose and Finn weren't paired together so they can have a platonic sibling relationship that's FinnRey.
@CienaRee

I know. I know. It's just little things trigger me the closer the movie gets. I'm both excited and anxious to the point of sleeplessness for this movie. And one thing that really grinds my gears is if I find something that antis can use as fuel against us. And this Finn imprinting on Rey sounds like just the thing they want to hear. Sure, we got our Force Bond, but uuuuuurrrghhhhh
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 8 Dec - 7:17

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

@Rei of Sunshine

I know, I hate the word imprinting too. It makes it sound like Finn is going to be like a baby duck, following Rey around. I'm sure even his fans wouldn't want to see that.  The VD says it's FO psych-logs that would clinically describe Finn's feelings for Rey as imprinting since "such deep personal loyalties" are forbidden. I guess the big deal is Finn isn't supposed to be able to form such personal loyalties to other people.

I think Finn knows it's deeper because he genuinely cares for Rey and wants her to be safe. I think his feelings will cement into unconditional familial love. Rey and Finn's chemistry reenforces that. It reminds me of how Luke wanted to keep Leia safe in the OT and that's why Vader threatening Leia set him off.

Btw, I've never read the Twilight books, but I saw the movies and the imprinting thing was ridiculous and disgusting. I was like, wtf!?
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum