Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 12:13

@Piper Maru wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Why not? If the movie is really like this, I really want to see them fighting in Episode IX. Can you imagine the intensity, the fracas, the tension, the conflict?
@Piper Maru

I really don't because then chances one is gonna die, it ain't Rey are pretty high. Put tension, passion aside which is awesome... it could get nasty real quick, real fast. Kylo deserves a break, a big solid break.
@DarthRen

Trust me, if this is how the story is going to go, they're not going to kill each other. They may try, but they are each other's better half.

@Piper Maru

Dude is just too stubborn to see things clearly. If he doesn't back down, this story can end in many ways including him living or dying. Thrilled with Reylo being canon but worried about the ultimate end´for him. Rey will survive, KK hinted at that.

I've been looking on other forums and sites about these spoilers. Opinion of some people [not really antis] is having him being redeemed and living with being responsible for deaths of Han, Luke, being Renperor and countless other things will be be pretty difficult to do for GA to swallow. Even beyond Vader, like went too far but also his bond to Rey. Wonder what will GA gonna say.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Dec - 12:18

Maybe I'm spiteful but I hope most of the leaks about Kylo killing Snoke and taking over are true (I still doubt it till I see it on Thursday with my own eyes) just so the nerdy nerd guys whining about how weak Kylo is to shut up for good!

I will be like: In you face, b***** tongue tongue tongue
avatar
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 926
Likes : 4383
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 12 Dec - 12:25

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:I'm not at all worried about Rey closing the door on him.

Elizabeth Bennet turned down Mr Darcy's first proposal and gave him an epic reason you suck speech. If the story paused there and people had to wait for two years before it continued, I'm sure that there would have been a lot of anti's going "lol she turned him down, she hates him, she's totally going to marry that cutie Wickham".

Turns out Wickham is an a** and Lizzy and Darcy have an epic romance.
@Ynqve

I'am not worried at all. If that was for good - I wouldn't expected see experienced critics talking about Mr. Rochester in Space, after the movie.
Which they do.

@Darth_Awakened

Agreed. If it was meant to be forever, then IX would be your run of the mill war movie and nothing else. I don’t believe that at all. For that to be true, they could have just skipped VIII altogether.

By the way, I adore your avatar. I lurked here reading for months and every time I saw it, I smiled. I love you
avatar
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 81
Likes : 415
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 12:30

@Night Huntress wrote:Maybe I'm spiteful but I hope most of the leaks about Kylo killing Snoke and taking over are true (I still doubt it till I see it on Thursday with my own eyes) just so the nerdy nerd guys whining about how weak Kylo is to shut up for good!

I will be like: In you face, b***** tongue tongue tongue
@Night Huntress

And the way he did, tricked him and performed Kenobi operation on him. Snoke said, he can see to his mind and then Kylo ...

avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by RosiePancake on Tue 12 Dec - 12:42

@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Why not? If the movie is really like this, I really want to see them fighting in Episode IX. Can you imagine the intensity, the fracas, the tension, the conflict?
@Piper Maru

I really don't because then chances one is gonna die, it ain't Rey are pretty high. Put tension, passion aside which is awesome... it could get nasty real quick, real fast. Kylo deserves a break, a big solid break.
@DarthRen

Trust me, if this is how the story is going to go, they're not going to kill each other. They may try, but they are each other's better half.

@Piper Maru

Dude is just too stubborn to see things clearly. If he doesn't back down, this story can end in many ways including him living or dying. Thrilled with Reylo being canon but worried about the ultimate end´for him. Rey will survive, KK hinted at that.

I've been looking on other forums and sites about these spoilers. Opinion of some people [not really antis] is having him being redeemed and living with being responsible for deaths of Han, Luke, being Renperor and countless other things will be be pretty difficult to do for GA to swallow. Even beyond Vader, like went too far but also his bond to Rey. Wonder what will GA gonna say.
@DarthRen

I see, but Rian also reminds them that how badly Kylo's family treated him. Both side have fault, no one is innocent here. Kylo isn't the only one to blame.
avatar
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 255
Likes : 1428
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec - 12:43

And even if these leaks somehow turn out to be a ruse concocted by the mouse to hide the true plot it was all worth it just to see the level of saltiness coming from places like reddit. Fanboys are panicking and losing their minds and I'm just sitting here basking in their tears. Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 241
Likes : 1194
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 12:52

@RosiePancake wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Why not? If the movie is really like this, I really want to see them fighting in Episode IX. Can you imagine the intensity, the fracas, the tension, the conflict?
@Piper Maru

I really don't because then chances one is gonna die, it ain't Rey are pretty high. Put tension, passion aside which is awesome... it could get nasty real quick, real fast. Kylo deserves a break, a big solid break.
@DarthRen

Trust me, if this is how the story is going to go, they're not going to kill each other. They may try, but they are each other's better half.

@Piper Maru

Dude is just too stubborn to see things clearly. If he doesn't back down, this story can end in many ways including him living or dying. Thrilled with Reylo being canon but worried about the ultimate end´for him. Rey will survive, KK hinted at that.

I've been looking on other forums and sites about these spoilers. Opinion of some people [not really antis] is having him being redeemed and living with being responsible for deaths of Han, Luke, being Renperor and countless other things will be be pretty difficult to do for GA to swallow. Even beyond Vader, like went too far but also his bond to Rey. Wonder what will GA gonna say.
@DarthRen

I see, but Rian also reminds them that how badly Kylo's family treated him. Both side have fault, no one is innocent here. Kylo isn't the only one to blame.
@RosiePancake

I agree, Rian and the cast made a point of telling us that the lines between good and evil will be blurred. Tell that to antis and GA. I know some who will hate him even more. At least I have my family and you folks to talk about it.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by RosiePancake on Tue 12 Dec - 13:01

@DarthRen wrote:
@RosiePancake wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Why not? If the movie is really like this, I really want to see them fighting in Episode IX. Can you imagine the intensity, the fracas, the tension, the conflict?
@Piper Maru

I really don't because then chances one is gonna die, it ain't Rey are pretty high. Put tension, passion aside which is awesome... it could get nasty real quick, real fast. Kylo deserves a break, a big solid break.
@DarthRen

Trust me, if this is how the story is going to go, they're not going to kill each other. They may try, but they are each other's better half.

@Piper Maru

Dude is just too stubborn to see things clearly. If he doesn't back down, this story can end in many ways including him living or dying. Thrilled with Reylo being canon but worried about the ultimate end´for him. Rey will survive, KK hinted at that.

I've been looking on other forums and sites about these spoilers. Opinion of some people [not really antis] is having him being redeemed and living with being responsible for deaths of Han, Luke, being Renperor and countless other things will be be pretty difficult to do for GA to swallow. Even beyond Vader, like went too far but also his bond to Rey. Wonder what will GA gonna say.
@DarthRen

I see, but Rian also reminds them that how badly Kylo's family treated him. Both side have fault, no one is innocent here. Kylo isn't the only one to blame.
@RosiePancake

I agree, Rian and the cast made a point of telling us that the lines between good and evil will be blurred. Tell that to antis and GA. I know some who will hate him even more. At least I have my family and you folks to talk about it.
@DarthRen

yup, antis and OT fanboys will blame him no matter what because Kylo's existence makes the image of their OT heroes imperfect.
avatar
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 255
Likes : 1428
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 12 Dec - 13:07

I don’t think this was mentioned beyond FinnRose almost kiss, but I’m reading through ViewerAnon’s thread now, and they actually say that Finn decides to make a suicide run on Crait at that cannon that’s about to blow the security door open. Rose realizes it and crashes in to him to get him away from it. He gets out and runs to her and she’s badly hurt. She tells him they won’t win by killing enemies, they’ll win by saving the people they love. She kisses him then passes out. Doesn’t die but ends the movie unconscious.

If that dialogue is right, my hopes for an alive Kylo just went way way up. If JJ runs with it, that is.


Last edited by AcrosstheStars on Tue 12 Dec - 13:11; edited 2 times in total
avatar
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 81
Likes : 415
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 13:07

@RosiePancake wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@RosiePancake wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Why not? If the movie is really like this, I really want to see them fighting in Episode IX. Can you imagine the intensity, the fracas, the tension, the conflict?
@Piper Maru

I really don't because then chances one is gonna die, it ain't Rey are pretty high. Put tension, passion aside which is awesome... it could get nasty real quick, real fast. Kylo deserves a break, a big solid break.
@DarthRen

Trust me, if this is how the story is going to go, they're not going to kill each other. They may try, but they are each other's better half.

@Piper Maru

Dude is just too stubborn to see things clearly. If he doesn't back down, this story can end in many ways including him living or dying. Thrilled with Reylo being canon but worried about the ultimate end´for him. Rey will survive, KK hinted at that.

I've been looking on other forums and sites about these spoilers. Opinion of some people [not really antis] is having him being redeemed and living with being responsible for deaths of Han, Luke, being Renperor and countless other things will be be pretty difficult to do for GA to swallow. Even beyond Vader, like went too far but also his bond to Rey. Wonder what will GA gonna say.
@DarthRen

I see, but Rian also reminds them that how badly Kylo's family treated him. Both side have fault, no one is innocent here. Kylo isn't the only one to blame.
@RosiePancake

I agree, Rian and the cast made a point of telling us that the lines between good and evil will be blurred. Tell that to antis and GA. I know some who will hate him even more. At least I have my family and you folks to talk about it.
@DarthRen

yup, antis and OT fanboys will blame him no matter what because Kylo's existence makes the image of their OT heroes imperfect.
@RosiePancake

Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

One thing among all the others I love about our fandom here and elsewhere for the most part, we are willing to accept different stories and how it can be done. We debate, analyze and make theories about it but not really dismissing it entirely. It doesn't have to follow one pattern and it can be different.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 13:13

There's no reason to fear Renperor for 2 reasons:

he won't be Palpatine 2.0 cause they don't want to repeat that. We'll see what Anakin would have been like.

Hux is alive and you bet it's to show differences between Ren and Hux. I expect a rift in FO cause these 2 are not going to get along.

Parley is happening. Rey and Ren won't just meet at the end of the movie. There will be "negotiation" moment where they will gaze like Will and Elizabeth here:



You know you want this. You want this. You didn't know you do but yes. Ha,ha!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9762
Likes : 47152
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec - 13:23

Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.

special_cases
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 253
Likes : 1037
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by panki on Tue 12 Dec - 13:32

This is the pessimist in me talking but I have a feeling (and this could change after I see the movie) that Kylo will have to make some evil decisions in episode 9 just to show he is strong enough for the job of FO leader since Hux will still be around trying to usurp the role.

He'll regret it and reconcile with Rey somewhere in the middle of IX and Rey will eventually become grand master of a new order of force users. Though I never was in the reylo children camp, I think both he and Rey will have a child and there is a chance he might die saving Rey and the child....or he'll leave at the end of the trilogy for some place like Baatu to keep Rey safe and the next trilogy will have their child seeking him out.


Last edited by panki on Tue 12 Dec - 13:33; edited 1 time in total

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec - 13:33

@special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the old canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
avatar
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 241
Likes : 1194
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 13:39

@panki wrote:This is the pessimist in me talking but I have a feeling (and this could change after I see the movie) that Kylo will have to make some evil decisions in episode 9 just to show he is strong enough for the job of FO leader since Hux will still be around trying to usurp the role.

He'll regret it and reconcile with Rey somewhere in the middle of IX and Rey will eventually become grand master of a new order of force users. Though I never was in the reylo children camp, I think both he and Rey will have a child and there is a chance he might die saving Rey and the child....or he'll leave at the end of the trilogy for some place like Baatu to keep Rey safe and the next trilogy will have their child seeking him out.
@panki

I think and it's just my view. Hux will be aroud to undermine Kylo but also to show another way of doing things. Hux will be he one pushing for evil acts, Kylo doing things his own way. It will be a interesting dynamic, basically adversaries.

Finn might organize rebellion of Stormtroopers but the true destruction will come from Kylo vs Hux. Their feud, differences is what will brought FO down. Unless, there they want to use Clone Army or something, Kylo mentioned them to Hux in TFA.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6145
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by panki on Tue 12 Dec - 13:40

@Ynqve wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the new canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
@Ynqve

I have to admit I feel for the antis to some extent since I grew up loving the OT...but they shouldn't act in such an uncouth manner.

A good way to see it through their eyes would be this- imagine that Reylo happens and they get married and have kids (and all of us on the forum laugh and celebrate it)....but in 10 years from now, LF releases a sequel where Rey and Kylo were never really happy together, Kylo is aimless and roaming the galaxy taking up dubious assignments and finally their child kills him. I doubt any of us would feel comfortable with it either.

Many of these are people who waited from the 80's to see the OT3 return so I completely get the sadness. What is unacceptable if how they express their feelings by threatening people....its just a movie at the end of the day.

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 12 Dec - 13:42

I love everything about this. Seriously, Star Wars needed this. It's a fresh story that fits perfectly in the context we're in.

The OT and PT were optimistic stories created in different times. We live in a world where lines are blurred everywhere. We can connect to people who live in different countries and share feelings with them. Our identities are fragmented and splattered everywhere. Our political environment is chaotic and hopeless, and yet we try our best to resist it.

If this is how the movie goes, it's a powerful story that mirrors what the new generation of fans (teenagers) are facing.
avatar
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1148
Likes : 8752
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec - 13:47

@panki wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the new canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
@Ynqve

I have to admit I feel for the antis to some extent since I grew up loving the OT...but they shouldn't act in such an uncouth manner.

A good way to see it through their eyes would be this- imagine that Reylo happens and they get married and have kids (and all of us on the forum laugh and celebrate it)....but in 10 years from now, LF releases a sequel where Rey and Kylo were never really happy together, Kylo is aimless and roaming the galaxy taking up dubious assignments and finally their child kills him. I doubt any of us would feel comfortable with it either.

Many of these are people who waited from the 80's to see the OT3 return so I completely get the sadness. What is unacceptable if how they express their feelings by threatening people....its just a movie at the end of the day.
@panki

Exactly. I love the OT3 and the way that TFA rewrote Han and Leia's relationship made me so sad. I'm hoping that they somehow find a way to keep Leia alive but out of IX so that she can have her Reylo grandkids. She deserves some happiness after everything that's happened to her.
avatar
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 241
Likes : 1194
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec - 13:49

@Piper Maru wrote:I love everything about this. Seriously, Star Wars needed this. It's a fresh story that fits perfectly in the context we're in.

The OT and PT were optimistic stories created in different times. We live in a world where lines are blurred everywhere. We can connect to people who live in different countries and share feelings with them. Our political environment is chaotic and hopeless, and yet we try our best to resist it.

If this is how the movie goes, it's a powerful story that mirrors what the new generation of fans (teenagers) are facing.
@Piper Maru

This!

I'am just starting to realize I've been trapped in my OT way of thinking while thinking of the redemption of Kylo Ren.

Yeah, I'am 100% sure we're getting it - but not in a way I used to think about "the redemption".

The times of the redemption vs the non-redemption as two completely opposites aspects of the narrative are gone.

avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4243
Likes : 20553
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by RosiePancake on Tue 12 Dec - 13:54

@Ynqve wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
Not only Kylo, Rey is unworthy unless she is a Skywalker. It shows you they care more about OT characters than they do about the new characters. It has to follow a certain pattern, if not, then it's a garbage. Fans needs to be more open-minded about different stories and characters. They call it destruction of SW lore, edgy and Rian's own fiction. When Adam said that Rian hopes fans can understand ambiguity and nuance, I knew some people will get angry at him.

@DarthRen

Their behaviour is completely ridiculous, just total nonsense. I didn't expect it, such close-mindedness is simply idiotic. They are perfectly aware that there were different options for Rey - and now they are crying like somebody really lied to them!

ManaByte even tweeted: "#TheLastJedi has, I believe, a very important message for Star Wars fandom and the gatekeeping that’s polluting it."

Unexpected, but wise.
@special_cases

To be fair, I can understand where they're coming from. The OT characters went through a lot to stop the empire and the old EU provided them with much happier endings. Luke had Mara Jade and his family and rebuilt the Jedi order. Han and Leia may have lost both their sons but their marriage was much happier and the new republic was way less dysfunctional than the canon version.

With that said: I'm glad they decided to rewrite the new canon and the fanboys should accept that maybe the Legends version was a bit too naive and optimistic. The new canon feels more realistic imo. And nothing justifies the vitriol that these so called fans display towards Rian, KK and LF.
@Ynqve

I have to admit I feel for the antis to some extent since I grew up loving the OT...but they shouldn't act in such an uncouth manner.

A good way to see it through their eyes would be this- imagine that Reylo happens and they get married and have kids (and all of us on the forum laugh and celebrate it)....but in 10 years from now, LF releases a sequel where Rey and Kylo were never really happy together, Kylo is aimless and roaming the galaxy taking up dubious assignments and finally their child kills him. I doubt any of us would feel comfortable with it either.

Many of these are people who waited from the 80's to see the OT3 return so I completely get the sadness. What is unacceptable if how they express their feelings by threatening people....its just a movie at the end of the day.
@panki

Exactly. I love the OT3 and the way that TFA rewrote Han and Leia's relationship made me so sad. I'm hoping that they somehow find a way to keep Leia alive but out of IX so that she can have her Reylo grandkids. She deserves some happiness after everything that's happened to her.
@Ynqve


I remember that Bloodlines novel and Comic already gave a hint of Reylo's daughter.
avatar
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 255
Likes : 1428
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-08

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum